PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see as the next GOA?

ironblade
05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
I ghost around on the forums occasionally and have been looking at the guardians of alterra. They seem like they are good players who help out the community. Well, im wondering who the community thinks the next GUardians of Alterra should be.

List 2 people you think should be guardians (dont do yourself)

Please no flaming or trolling (this is purely to show what the community thinks)

If this is offensive to the devs in any way i apologize and will take it down.

Demonicdevyn
05-09-2011, 10:43 PM
igotmadskillz

CONRADIN

WhoIsThis
05-09-2011, 10:43 PM
This does beg an interesting question - are there too many Guardians of Alterra? If the devs put too many people as guardians, they'd likely take away from the special status of the guardian. There have been more and more people nominated as guardians and while I certainly agree so far the people nominated have overall made notable contributions, should there be more people that join their ranks?

It could lead to a situation where you don't have to do as much as the "original" guardians or the possibility that people might do things specifically to become a guardian, rather than doing something because they are passionate about it.

Demonicdevyn
05-09-2011, 10:44 PM
CONNNRAAAAdINNNN

KingFu
05-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Dawninfinity....no doubt.

Demonicdevyn
05-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Dawninfinity....no doubt.

I thought she was one

Ayrilana
05-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Noneo

/10char

DawnInfinity
05-09-2011, 11:27 PM
I nominate Noneo.. I have to think of another.

Otukura
05-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Moog, noneo, or dawn. Toss-up between all of them.

Wretch
05-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Justg and samhayne!!!!!

Wretch
05-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Or the banana..... Lol

Jsaieagle
05-10-2011, 02:19 AM
I think many old players deserved to be goa, many of them are helping new players but they just keep low profile

jaggedlilpill
05-10-2011, 03:45 AM
The most friendly, helpful ones are already GoA. No one in particular stands out to me atm.

Fatpigwarrior
05-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Dawn conradin

Slush
05-10-2011, 03:50 AM
I think many old players deserved to be goa, many of them are helping new players but they just keep low profile

Agreed. But if I had to pick, I guess Dawn, Otu and Ladylove. (or is she already one?)

Fatpigwarrior
05-10-2011, 03:52 AM
Dawn ladylove otu and conradin

RedRyder
05-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Dawninfinity, ladylove

KingFu
05-10-2011, 07:08 AM
I don't know very many left that truly deserve it...Running out of people, but I don't think it should be forced. Title wont mean anything if devs have to even struggle at all thinking of the new names. Just my opinion...

chunkmonkey
05-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Birdbrainjr and Lizwarrior

BirdBrainJr
05-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Ikungfumage, great person always lends a helping hand

JaytB
05-10-2011, 08:04 AM

I don't know Lizwarrior, but I'd sure recommend Birdbrainjr. He's always a great help and a nice person to just have a conversation with :)

Ikungfumage, great person always lends a helping hand

aww, ty but I doubt I'd ever get one of those :)

PolPL
05-10-2011, 09:09 AM
I highly recommend BirdBrainJr. Don't know many people on PL yet, but he offered his assistance to a complete stranger(me), which is very uncommon nowadays. He is very kind. =]

Redbridge
05-10-2011, 10:13 AM
This does beg an interesting question - are there too many Guardians of Alterra? If the devs put too many people as guardians, they'd likely take away from the special status of the guardian. There have been more and more people nominated as guardians and while I certainly agree so far the people nominated have overall made notable contributions, should there be more people that join their ranks?

It could lead to a situation where you don't have to do as much as the "original" guardians or the possibility that people might do things specifically to become a guardian, rather than doing something because they are passionate about it.

Hi WhoIsThis, just wanted to expand a couple of really great points you've raised.

Firstly, I don't think there are too many GoA's, and reckon there is definitely room for more. In my opinion, the dev team are selecting at just the correct rate to ensure and good balance between rewarding individuals and retaining the rarity kudos. The more Guardians, the more the community benefits, I'm thinking... Hopefully you'll agree there are still some worthy recipients out there. I'm not sure there is any need to stop unless there aren't any obvious and suitable candidates.

Secondly, you mention that people may DO things to earn the title. Take another look at the various info regarding Guardians and the requirements and you'll see it isn't what people DO. It's HOW they do it. The devs see far more than we, the community, can ever see, as they have access to all conversations in game and all the feedback given directly to STS.

I trust they are more than capable of creating a shortlist, but if people want to nominate others it might be a good idea to include the reasons why your nominating people, so the devs can not only see your reason, but also gauge what help and assistance is important to the community.

I'm not going to offer my nominations publicly, suffice to say, I can think of at least 10 people who I believe are more than worthy but I'd hate to offend anyone by missing them off a list.

superss
05-10-2011, 10:18 AM
neono, moog, and superss

Ladylove
05-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Steph (dawn) and Chris (otu) :)

thugimmortal
05-10-2011, 12:52 PM
There are lots of great players who help out the community so its hard to say.

what makes a good goa ?

Make a guide or two lol

There are players who were calling new players noob. But now they want goa status they cant wait to welcome a new player to the forum. Im not saying its a bad thing but if thats all its done for it really is fake.

no theres more to being a goa than that there are players who help the community ingame but that is not seen or recognised by the forum.

its all up to the devs to decide on the new goa as they see all

romgar1
05-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Ladylove, dawninfinity, beardedbear(or is he already?), balonia, laquint, and thelonearcher. Sorry about those last three Devs. Its a running gag. Don't take it personally. ;)

Rebel
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Moogerfooger always has a hand in keeping threads informational and in-line.

Ladylove's charm could be a reason in itself to become a GOA. (Plus all of her useful info ;) )

Conradin always provides nice, helpful advice.

Those three are well deserving.

KaotiicxDream
05-10-2011, 03:40 PM
ME! oops lol... xD

Real answer: I don't know.(Not myself cuz I don't deserve lol xD...(even how hard I try and how many I help lol))

P.S. Couple of new guides from me should be done soon.. Need to find the time..

Sigkill
05-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Pssh we all know Sigkill deserves GOA, Haha Jk but honestly Mooger and Ikungfu deserve it the most. They help the community the most imo

Mothwing
05-10-2011, 04:54 PM

Lizwarrior is my friend but no offense she hasnt done anything out of the ordinary...youre just nominating her because you have a relationship

Mine:

Ladylove
Otukura

Snakespeare
05-10-2011, 05:11 PM
We definitely need more GoAs. There are definitely many deserving people. I don't ever post my opinions publicly about candidates, but I have sent suggestions to the devs in the past.

Founders and Guardians actually work together. There are Founders who are Guardians. But being a Founder doesn't automatically make you eligible. I recall one Guardian who was appointed after only playing for a month.

Also, posting guides is helpful, yes, and generally hanging out at the boards to answer questions is very helpful.

But a Guardian has to do more than that. Your feedback should be drama-free. And if you get into a thread where there is fighting, you should try to cool it down. Also, you can't shrug off hostility and hatred in the game saying to yourself that you can take it. You have to ask yourself, what about my kids or my grandkids? Then, clearly, you'd report it. But it you hang around and let that stuff go on, and never report it, you might never even show up on the dev's radar. Another more positive thing to do is to put your ideas into the Suggestions forum.

Remember that the idea is to have a community where kids can be safe and adults can have fun, too. Some people are just naturally inclined to do what it takes to make things good. That's who they are looking for, I think.

Otukura
05-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Otukura

Really? Even tho I sorta, might've, maybe, possibly, epically, intensely, flamed you?

;P

Mothwing
05-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Really? Even tho I sorta, might've, maybe, possibly, epically, intensely, flamed you?

;P

Lol i dont care i take life as a joke ;) yes really youre nice and helpful

Otukura
05-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Lol i dont care i take life as a joke ;) yes really youre nice and helpful

Lol :)

@lady & jpg.. please don't do... weird stuff before posting on the forums. It alters how you think, react, and may have negative effects in the future. Thanks, have a great day.

EDIT: --> Is what it does to you... http://keenandgraev.com/funnypictures/crazyeyes.gif

Mothwing
05-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Otukura...so now youre gonna help me lvl right? :p

Otukura
05-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Add me, I'm not on my main much.. just for the odd PvP, but if you catch me, sure!

Been swamp farming and 35 twinking for the past week.

Mothwing
05-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Add me, I'm not on my main much.. just for the odd PvP, but if you catch me, sure!

Been swamp farming and 35 twinking for the past week.

Told you youre nice ;) thanks so much youre the best! Im 53 currently my sig says 55 cause im ambitious haha

Pilano
05-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Birdbrainjr!

Nickyeagle
09-08-2011, 05:27 PM
MOTH, YOU ARE DONE ON PL?!?!? :( I just want to say that you were a good friend to me and I will miss beating you in CTF. (Well, actually u were better than me.) :)

Lowlyspy
09-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Wow super necro, moth is still in pl i believe

Trollee
09-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Zaltiar ! & Otukara !

Silentarrow
09-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Zaltiar ! & Otukara !

Otukura is already a GoA :).

Lowlyspy
09-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Skavenger and Flowman for GoA!!!!

skavenger216
09-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Skavenger and Flowman for GoA!!!!

Wow.... While I would love nothing more, and would feel truly honored, there is probably many people more deserving than me. Thank you however, lowly :). This post made me blush irl.

Artemis
09-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Well, the best of them are alrdy GoA's. But i do think we need more since some of them are inactive. MISS YOU GUYS! Ill go through some threads and see who sticks out to me then ill come back and edit this.

Mothwing
09-09-2011, 12:16 AM
MOTH, YOU ARE DONE ON PL?!?!? :( I just want to say that you were a good friend to me and I will miss beating you in CTF. (Well, actually u were better than me.) :)

For all those who dont know yet, yes i am breaking from pl. Probably for a long time until something that sts realeases actually pleases me for once. Not to flame, but the last two updates (sewers, nuri) did not come up to par with my expectations for new pl levels.

Sewers-The gear was horrid. How ugly can u get man....pink gems? Anyway, not my fav, also the realease of 56 which is my least favorite part of pl by far. Mainly because some people dont have access to exilirs, mothwing, and dont feel like spending 5 hours a day/7 days just to get to 1 lvl.

Nuri-The gear is cool, but the zombies shouldnt've been brought back. Its weird not killing them so easy. Im not mad or at any way angry at sts, but they just didnt please me or give me a reason to push 9k/lvl.

Ill be hanging in sl from now on, you can add my chars, moth and mothwing and ill be sure we can run together :)

Thx, and good luck in pl