PDA

View Full Version : My leveling way

Register
05-10-2011, 03:57 PM
I noticed that a lot of people have posted that to level up, you should be tagging along with higher leveled groups on AO. Now that there is a level requirement, people are forced to level up the "right way"
So, I experimented some and found a way to level up efficiently while learning to play as a class better.
So first let me say that it is possible to entirely skip an area so if you dont like an area you can level around it but it is a bit harder. Personally, I dont like to play in the Swamps so here is what i did.
Forest haven:1-8
Dark Forest:8-13
Balefort Castle:13-18
Fathom Crypt:18-28
Lost Expedition:28-33
Swamps:33-33
AO:33-...
I did not finish this because I deleted my experimenting person to start over.

Well, for FH do quests such as Dead Threads and other Crafting quests because then you have something else to work at other than a level 56. Start Dark Forest early because there are many people who allow you to tag along if you are fighting and/or healing the group. If you decide to just tag along and not fight, you may get booted and it gives people a reason to call you "loser." Also, you can kill enemies faster even if you are only dishing out 15 damage every 5 seconds. Same thing with Balefort. If you start it early and take quests, you can easily level up with people. And you wont be dealing a few damage points every 5 seconds. By now you should be able to make a significant difference in the enemy killing times. As for Fathom Crypt, I love this area because of the Secret Passage. This is a place where you can loot some money and level up quickly. I spent the most time in this area because of the SP. There are many respawning enemies and respawning bosses that you can take on with other levelers or looters. Lost Expedition should be easy to get by on because the quests give you some frosty rewards that you can use. This is the part where I skipped an area. Because you can start a level 2 levels earlier than the level range said on the map and stop gaining xp 3 levels after the level range said on map, you can completely skip an area.
So,
FH:1-10
Dark Forest:10-15
Balefort Castle:15-20
You can comepletely skip Dark Forest if you choose so because you stop getting xp from FH at level 13 and at 13 you can enter Balefort. NOTE: I do not recommend skipping Dark Forest because it is easy xp with a small group and at Balefort, you are fighting harder knights and more mages/rangers.
That is the end of my leveling guide for now :D
As I continue progress through leveling, i will update this and I hope it helps!
You can add me [platycow]
I might delete my character often so if I disappear from friends list, just re-add me with the same name!

Register
05-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks to anyone who reads this!

Swimmingstar
05-10-2011, 04:29 PM
hi platycow

JaytB
05-10-2011, 04:35 PM
When I was reading the pink text, I couldn't stop thinking about drops...

Anyway, I liked your guide. It seemed like a fairly accurate description of what to expect when leveling up, and how to do it. I lol'ed at the 'ppl can call u loser' part :)

Snakespeare
05-10-2011, 04:42 PM
A few added thoughts:

1. When the threat level is higher (yellow or red) you get more XP (1.5x and 2x).
2. In FH the threat levels change based on party level, but red is red whether you do it solo or you are joined by a level ten player. It is a lot harder to kill them if a level ten joins so, if you are just starting out, try a locked solo map. After FH level IV this doesn't matter any more.
3. Switch campaigns as soon as you can because that is when the threat level is the highest.
and 4... Swamps items fetch a good penny in Consignment Shoppe, so don't avoid it. The thing you don't like is that they are all spread out and you can't use Area Effect spells to damage several at once. This continues in Alien Oasis part one, so it's best to learn how to pull them into clusters.

But if you really really don't like swamps and want to level in hallways, buy Skeller. It has a lot of pinks, but they don't sell very well.

Register
05-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks for telling me about the threat level stuff because I always thought that all enemies give one xp no matter what (excluding potions). But thanks and that was the exact reason why i dislike the swamp lol. Because its hard to cluster 'em all up and kill them at once without them going back to their little "home" area and healing. Also, i hate hallways...they scare me lol. I prefer like FH because there are small little mobs in a forest which isnt as scary....
Also, how do you know what the threat level is?

Oh and hey swim :P
lol what are the odds that you just happen to look at my post..

Swimmingstar
05-10-2011, 05:59 PM
indin't know this was ur post until u put platycow lol

Register
05-10-2011, 06:01 PM
but isnt that weird?
lol were you just browsing the forums for new ones?

prouzi
06-21-2011, 03:09 AM
haha nice. i followed ur steps ><