PDA

View Full Version : Normal/Gold Pet!

twoxc
09-16-2015, 12:57 PM
I understand it's for Vanity purposes but sigh it's getting out of control and getting carried away as it seems every new pet now has a GOLD version. While the pet itself is so useless. It doesn't improve or help with the game play what so ever. On top of that so far these pet that are supposedly GOLD aren't even gold at all. Except of course gold toor which is alright.

Might I add a suggestion to sort of mess up and distort the order of leaderboard? as it remain the same inevitably forever the same lol.

How about giving these supposedly hard rare earned Gold pet such as now Gold Stampy some AP point even if it's just 5-10AP lol and with a Title of its own. This will allow those that lack in one category of AP able to catch up with another category of AP. Hell sts already came out with the non-tradable mythic set AP. This really won't change anything and will just help those that actually want to be on the leaderboard and unable to catch up with PVE kill or Flag AP. So by working and hatching these GOLD pet it will give them the extra 5-10 AP to get bump up as they are short on PvE kills to the person with the same amount of AP but more PvE kill and without GOLD pet. (AP can only obtain if you own the pet as in hatch it and will become non-tradable and permanently bound to account just like those glinstone mythic)

Cause as of right now NORMAL/GOLD pet really have no purpose whatsoever and yet it keep getting released.

Pets are suppose to HELP and SUPPORT you in PVE/PVP game play etc etc not for vanity as it serve no purpose. If pet were to be vanity hell then just release a category for PET SECTION where we can farm and loot or craft their Vanity Clothing and dress them up as we please just like OUR VANITY with the helmet/armor vanity. This will also create opportunity and lots of farming and selling/trading within the community. Which seem like thats what STS is working toward as everything is farmable and all ingredient is tradable.

Just a thought. So Please either stop with the GOLD PETS or do something more then just VANITY.

Do share if you have idea or opinion on this, good or bad lol just speak your mind.

Ravager
09-16-2015, 01:16 PM
I'm not liking the normal/gold trend either. When I buy it, I feel like I have wasted money just for a pet collection. I should be happy to get it not this small feeling I have to buy it. I know I'm not forced to buy it if I don't want to but I should be happy with it.

I would hope to at least get the feature where you don't have to feed them. It might not be much but little things like this help satisfy the buying customer and an increase in price for the seller.

Candylicks
09-16-2015, 01:21 PM
#BuffGoldToor

Now you're talking.

But yeah I tried this thread before Charles and people had a FITTTTTTTTTTTT lol. So maybe you have better luck.

I 100% agree though that the gold pet should be more than vanity, that is redic.

For your reading pleasure!!! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?251059-Gold-toor-vs-toor)

Imsofancy
09-16-2015, 01:27 PM
Gold pets should have a quicker aa cool down time, as well as double passive dmg.

Just sayin....

Rome
09-16-2015, 01:41 PM
+1 good idea's they should listen to it.

and maybe a lil visual effect would be nice. and im not talking about some sparkling glitters. make a visual effect for the owner of the pet 2.

Candylicks
09-16-2015, 01:54 PM
+1 good idea's they should listen to it.

and maybe a lil visual effect would be nice. and im not talking about some sparkling glitters. make a visual effect for the owner of the pet 2.

I can't believe how um, plain the regular potato looks too. The regular should really be the gold and the gold should have full armor not just a gem head.

Zeus
09-16-2015, 01:54 PM
Yep, I'm getting real tired of this USELESS gold pets.

Haligali
09-16-2015, 01:58 PM
Gold pets are good, if you loot one, then you can sell for more than the regular version. Vanities have no purpose but people like them. No for Ap.

twoxc
09-16-2015, 02:04 PM
Gold pets are good, if you loot one, then you can sell for more than the regular version. Vanities have no purpose but people like them. No for Ap.

the ingredients is the same amount xD. Gold stampy is just a CHANCE. Better just selling ingredient then go through all that hassle to potentially not make much. either way stampy/gold stampy both have the same exact stats which both are useless. require a shard would be better off using to make an arcane ring then a pet you don't use, this is for the supposedly people that can't afford arcane ring yet.

Ticklish
09-16-2015, 02:14 PM
STOP with GOLD PETS.

Remember how beastly Samael and Singe looked when they came out? They were BADASS. It's not RIGHT to make a "premium" version of a pet by making the regular one look lame. Seriously, Slag looks better than Toor. And my old useless Snaggletooth can kick Normal Stampy's butt in a beauty contest. Let all arcane pets LOOK arcane, as they used to be.

There is honestly SO MUCH that needs to be fixed in game now, like those bugged troll redzones, that there shouldn't be any flying hoots given to that one player's suggestion that a Gold Stampy be released. It isn't too late to retract this, there aren't any Stampy eggs crafted yet anyway.

BUT, if it's not in STS' interest to retract that released tidbit about having a Gold Stampy, here are a couple of suggestions:

1. Attach a Golden Beastmaster or something AP/ title to it. This will be granted both to whoever crafts and opens the Gold Stampy.

2. Ditch the current Normal Stampy. The Gold Stampy will become the Normal Stampy. Make a Gold Stampy with Gold Armor and Red Horn on the head (or whatever that is that is currently green lol).

3. Forget about releasing Gold versions in the future.

Dimitrian
09-16-2015, 02:19 PM
#nomoregold

Dayum that sounds weird...

Excuses
09-16-2015, 02:29 PM
Maybe that's the idea of gold pets.
Gold sink aiming rich collectors.

Madnex
09-16-2015, 02:34 PM
The gold/normal versions idea is fine. The design team could make them more flashy or add unique titles to the owners though (eg. 2 gold pets owner = Golden Tamer, 4 gold pets owner = Golden Beastmaster, etc).

But the important thing is that they were designed to be vanities and vanities they should remain, as much as it hurts the stable completionestas (since they now have to fork over double the gold to keep their collection at 100%) and anyone who's been disappointed by dabbling in the gold pet market.

Haligali
09-16-2015, 04:38 PM
I think giving the gold versions of these pets give a return investment of the gold that it takes to feed a pet would be a nice way to give these let's a zing. So when people feed their pets(can only be fed after its hunger meter is completely down) they get a lil bit of gold back.

Or

No need to feed gold vanity pets../

Credit goes to some1 else for this idea.

It was my idea, i used to fool the chatbox people with this haha.

But yea, it is a good idea. if someone buying a gold arcane pet he probably don't really care about pet feed so it doesn't hurt the economy.

kixkaxx
09-16-2015, 05:17 PM
the ingredients is the same amount xD. Gold stampy is just a CHANCE. Better just selling ingredient then go through all that hassle to potentially not make much. either way stampy/gold stampy both have the same exact stats which both are useless. require a shard would be better off using to make an arcane ring then a pet you don't use, this is for the supposedly people that can't afford arcane ring yet.

Solution is simple: JUST STICK TO VAINGLORY

Motherless_Child
09-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Yep, I'm getting real tired of this USELESS gold pets.

Ditto that.... Only difference with me is the fact that I am not getting tired of it, I was tired of since day 1..................

Motherless_Child
09-16-2015, 05:39 PM
I can't believe how um, plain the regular potato looks too. The regular should really be the gold and the gold should have full armor not just a gem head.

LOL... That's the same thing I was thinking.......

Zeus
09-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Maybe that's the idea of gold pets.
Gold sink aiming rich collectors.

Lol, what happens when the collectors just decide not to chase the carrot? Previously, it was worth to complete stable because each pet was unique. Now? No thank you, I'm not going to have two versions of the same pet in my stable anymore...

Kakashis
09-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Everyone uses nekro and SNS anyways. Why are people so worked up over these new pets/gold version?

Edward Coug
09-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Lol, what happens when the collectors just decide not to chase the carrot? Previously, it was worth to complete stable because each pet was unique. Now? No thank you, I'm not going to have two versions of the same pet in my stable anymore...

Yes, STG is going to see the same thing happen with the level 46 myth set. It will be interesting to see how many actually complete it.

Novyaj Zeanreh
09-16-2015, 06:00 PM
ugliest design arcane pet ever that's it real talk srry:/

Excuses
09-16-2015, 06:28 PM

I'm not trying to say it's right or wrong.
Just saying that's what sts might intended with gold pets. :p
And yes, it's people's choice to get it or not.

Adiac
09-16-2015, 10:00 PM
the gold pets are obviosly lacking something. Like everyone said before at least an special effect or a title. Its its too much extra gold just for a little pet vanity