PDA

View Full Version : What happens when Level Cap Raises?

Haikus
05-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Ok, I know that when you hit cap raises the current elite cap 56, will go down to its normal xp. But, what happens if you are lvl 55 and more than 8k xp in,(or whatever it will be to get to 56, after cap raises) do you get to advance to level 56, or do you start over at 55 and have to relevel back up?

It'd suck if I get like 80k xp in, and cap raises and I'm still a lvl 55.

P.S. I'm not sure if this has been asked, but if it has. Sorry for cluttering the forums, more then they already are. :rolleyes:

P.P.S I know only a dev could answer this, unless they already have and if so, lead me to post. Just speculating guesses, if they haven't.

I'm just curious.:o

Beanmachine
05-10-2011, 06:10 PM
I already asked that, no worries I'll help you find the post

Here it is:
If you're say half way to from 55 to 56 before the level cap is raise, you'll still be about half way from 55 to 56 after the level cap goes up. Have fun!

Edit - and I'm just the Community Guy (not a number crunchin' Dev), but I thought you might feel better if I piped in and said something ;)

Otukura
05-10-2011, 06:12 PM
I already asked that, no worries I'll help you find the post

Here it is:

Yes. ALS stated that the amount of XP you have is stored as a fraction.

KingFu
05-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Crown and elite cap goes away. No longet available if you havent gotten it. The XP you have will be scaled. Let's say you have 40K/83K. It'll be scaled to let's say, 4K/8.3K. If you hit 56 you stay 56

Otukura
05-10-2011, 06:21 PM
They said the crown goes away?

:@

nerdrage.jpg

I was going to put my foot down and grind when they announced the next campaign.

Haikus
05-10-2011, 06:25 PM
They said the crown goes away?

I was going to put my foot down and grind when they announced the next campaign.

I was going to do the exact same thing.

Thanks, beans! :)

NeoQueen
05-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Crown and elite cap goes away. No longet available if you havent gotten it. The XP you have will be scaled. Let's say you have 40K/83K. It'll be scaled to let's say, 4K/8.3K. If you hit 56 you stay 56

Well, excuse me for saying so but that stinks big time. It takes a lot more work to get to 40k than it does to get 4k.

giayuan
05-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Its proportional :D

Moogerfooger
05-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Well, excuse me for saying so but that stinks big time. It takes a lot more work to get to 40k than it does to get 4k.

This has been stated in the forums by the devs ever since Sewers came out, that it would be scaled.

On the plus side, there is usually at least a week from the time they submit a major update til the time a new version comes out due to Apple's slowpokey-ness. Devs are good about giving notice when they submit ;) so if you are fairly close, you will have time....

RedRyder
05-10-2011, 07:31 PM
lol im 11k in. im not killing myself over some pixels

Moogerfooger
05-10-2011, 07:32 PM
lol im 11k in. im not killing myself over some pixels

Liar :p

You just kill yourself for different pixels :D

RedRyder
05-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Liar :p

You just kill yourself for different pixels :D

lmao shhhhhh! well im not killing myself over PL pixels :banana:

Pandamoni
05-10-2011, 07:45 PM

I knew it would really bum me out if I didn't get to 56 and lost all of the work to get there so I made a point to play for about 2 hours a day of running hideout. I found groups who would do xp runs and other times I'd run other dungeons but I found it pretty doable to be able to get the 40+k I needed when the elixers became unavailable. I suggest that if you know it will really upset you if you lose all of that xp that you make a point to hunker down and level.

Gaddy
05-10-2011, 08:14 PM

Thanks, beans! :) That's what I did. I fooled around when the current lvl cap came (farmed pyramid for gold....), only to have the elixir for gold option yanked out from under me...

I resolved to HIT this goal before the whole thing moved back again...

Personally I'm hoping the current crown will change to a new design to distinguish the first elite "class of 56" from the next batch.

Better get grinding, folks!

rocket
05-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I read somewhere previously that there will be a new elite level at 61 and a new level 61 crown of persistence.

Zeus
05-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Mystic wasn't being clear. This is what I'm pretty sure will happen, believe a developer stated this. The cap will be raised, the crown will be kept as a discontinued vanity. The bar will be decreased by a factor of 10. That will be your progress for the next level cap. There will be a new crown of persistence for the Level 61 campaign and cap. Hope I cleared things up.

Slush
05-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Haikus! My school started that's why I haven't been on much lately :(. When elixirs come out we should definetly do some more runs.

Beanmachine
05-11-2011, 02:26 AM

Thanks, beans! :)

Np Haikus

/10charsucks

Suntv
05-11-2011, 02:35 AM
Mystic wasn't being clear. This is what I'm pretty sure will happen, believe a developer stated this. The cap will be raised, the crown will be kept as a discontinued vanity. The bar will be decreased by a factor of 10. That will be your progress for the next level cap. There will be a new crown of persistence for the Level 61 campaign and cap. Hope I cleared things up.

Thanks for clarifying this to us!

The most relevant question is now: if the Crown of Persistance becomes a (discontinued) vanity item (min.2, max.4 different ones) instead of a (discontinued) regular item, what stats will it get? That's also being discussed in another topic (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?25297-Crowns-of-Persistence-should-be-pink-vanity-items).

Riccits
05-11-2011, 02:41 AM
anyone heard when ~ the cap rises? i think in 1-2 months...

adwin
05-11-2011, 09:15 AM
There is no pressing need to raise the cap, since the new campaign came out and is still getting attention from both high and low level players.
Furthermore, the powerlevelling plague has been controlled thanks to elixirs being buyable with plat only.
This IS a good thing from the farming perspective as well, since it's much harder to take down the overlord or farm the shadow caves without potting (birds), which in turn allows a user to develop his skills.
Before that, anyone could run through SC, now it does require at least some skill and/or a good team to beat the witch or other bosses.