PDA

View Full Version : How tech savvy are you(screenshots for unrooted androids)?

Otukura
05-10-2011, 06:09 PM
I figured out how to take screenshots on ANY unrooted android, however the time it took me was well over 18 hours. I am by no means the best, but by no means the worse.

So, I was thinking about making a guide to do it. But would it really help? The instructions the app int he market are clear enough in most of the steps, but it's a 1 starred app because no one gets how to do it.

Please answer this questions in your post, if possible.

a)do you know what an .apk file is?

b)do you know how to connect your phone to a compute IN DEBUG MODE

c)can you easily get around and dos shell or terminal?

d)do you have something like emacs or eclipse? there's a bit of code I'll need to give you, so you don't need to write anything, but you'll need to copy and paste in into the right place.

If you can do all that, awesome. I'll make one. Otherwise I'll probably do one on one teamviewer and skype sessions in the summer to set it up if you'd like.

----------------------------------------------

Rooting made easy:

Z4root: a one click root I recently used on my newest phone. Took all of 2 minutes, and it was awesome. download, run, reboot. Done. Download here. (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8H8SR0YP)

If anyone feels as though I should remove this, please say so.

Then use shootme to take pics. Simple and effective. Takes 5 minutes to set it all up. temporary/permanent boots are both supported.

EDIT: Since no one replied, I think a guide isn't really worth my time just to help a few people. PM me if you need to know how.