PDA

View Full Version : Have the planar tombs been buffed?

GGGGGG
09-17-2015, 06:01 PM
I did daily runs and it took me much longer than usual. Is it just me or anyone else noticed any difference?

Jazzi
09-17-2015, 06:47 PM
I just did a solo run in t2 after reading this. It took me exactly the same time as it was taking me before to finish it solo. Doesn't seem buffed to me

Oursizes
09-17-2015, 08:13 PM
It can depend on the party and rng crits too, as well as pull methods if you did the same ones or not.

Zuorsyra
09-18-2015, 07:36 AM
I think it's been buffed...
It took me 10 mins yesterday, 3 rogues and 1 mage in the pt, but took me only 7 mins the day before...

Otahaanak
09-18-2015, 08:09 AM
At first I didn't believe it, but made several runs last night and it sure seems much more difficult. A lot of instant deaths that I never saw coming. Mostly green ping too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thorasaur
09-18-2015, 08:14 AM
It seemed that way to me as well

Wazakesy
09-18-2015, 08:35 AM
They seemed to be scaled, doesnt seem to "buffed". Theres a blue dot on the side of a mob's HP bar. As far as memory serves, its about 2 levels below (from a full lv46 party)

Jazzi
09-18-2015, 08:43 AM
They seemed to be scaled, doesnt seem to "buffed". Theres a blue dot on the side of a mob's HP bar. As far as memory serves, its about 2 levels below (from a full lv46 party)

Whatever u are trying to say here sir, I really dont get.

Vvildfire
09-18-2015, 08:59 AM

Blue dot would mean they're the same level as you are I believe

On topic, it looks like they just got harder for me too, but it might just be me messing up

mesalin
09-18-2015, 10:15 AM
Yeah i did run today i think they scaled it

Tatman
09-18-2015, 11:17 AM
Yes, Tombs have been scaled. Have to check Arena too. :)

Ticklish
09-18-2015, 11:41 AM
Mobs are scaled, but not rewards? Again, another disincentive to run. Sigh.

debitmandiri
09-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Yeah the mobs hit harder and have more hp now, how about timed lb ?

ujangkampak
09-18-2015, 09:46 PM
I feel both... arena & planar tomb

Jazzi
09-19-2015, 04:38 AM
I feel both... arena & planar tomb

After all the people claiming tombs were buffed I am a bit uncertain, although my solo times seem to be the same and consistent. Arena is 100% not buffed. The spiders still have grey dots and the bosses die fast. Runs in arena show the same time both in a pt and in solo.

extrapayah
09-19-2015, 05:14 AM
the threat level has always been blue since the expansion is released, as far as i remember

but yes, it has gotten harder compared to before...

Jazzi
09-19-2015, 06:45 AM
Could any developer pls comment on this thread and give us some insight? I am certain that if they did become harder, it surely was a terrible bug ;)

Runel Joseph Ruiz
09-19-2015, 07:24 AM
same for me lol, i just run last week for getting ready for the fragments with eggshell took me 5-7 mins max. now it seems really hard finishing like 9-10 mins per run, seems the mobs and boss got buffed. Can any dev's confirm this one?

coldheart
09-19-2015, 11:53 AM
I been doin planar tombs since expansion,its still the same difficulty.

Jazzi
09-20-2015, 03:40 AM
Still no answer here. Interesting

Xorrior
09-20-2015, 03:59 AM
I don't think DEVs need to answer this one. Self evident that it has become harder, mobs are stronger, the dogs are one hit kill monsters! Your run times are longer.

The tombs seem to have been scaled.

mesalin
09-20-2015, 05:50 AM
Yep tombs are scaled.
Arena ? I don't think so. Still same time in same party

<Forgiveness>

Jazzi
09-20-2015, 06:32 AM
I don't think DEVs need to answer this one. Self evident that it has become harder, mobs are stronger, the dogs are one hit kill monsters! Your run times are longer.

The tombs seem to have been scaled.

Even if it is self evident and no answer is needed, an explanation is due for sure. Scaling content without adding respective rewards make no sense at all. After they scaled Rengol elites without adding anything new the reaction of the community was clear.

Oursizes
09-20-2015, 10:55 AM
Even if it is self evident and no answer is needed, an explanation is due for sure. Scaling content without adding respective rewards make no sense at all. After they scaled Rengol elites without adding anything new the reaction of the community was clear.

Its basically going to be done for profit until a majority of the community sees that theyve been scaled. More ankhs used=more ankhs bought=more ankhs plat buyers buy=more money for sts. Also,since call of champions is already launched, shouldnt they focus on AL instead of doing nothing? All the past weeks ive seen them fix negligible bugs(aka typos and such), while they make no effort to add any decent loot or anything in new maps.

Jazzi
09-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Its basically going to be done for profit until a majority of the community sees that theyve been scaled. More ankhs used=more ankhs bought=more ankhs plat buyers buy=more money for sts. Also,since call of champions is already launched, shouldnt they focus on AL instead of doing nothing? All the past weeks ive seen them fix negligible bugs(aka typos and such), while they make no effort to add any decent loot or anything in new maps.

Yes,

Well I had a discussion in the guild about that, every one seems to think that tombs are scaled. Some of the people run t2 solo regularly since last expansion. They all share the same opinion. Let's hope that sts will be able to find some time to comment here soon. Secret buffs of difficulty are not what most people want, especially if there is no reward for that.

MasterP
09-20-2015, 04:08 PM
yep its def harder. Before the king awakens update, Tombs esp tomb2, were a breeze lol, 4-5 mins as a tank with 3 rogues.. heck we were even doing 6-7mins with 2 tanks and a mage and rogue.. Yesterday with 3 rogues, took 10 and 11mins. And definitely alot more deaths for pt members at boss.. not so much mobs.

Zuorsyra
09-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Its basically going to be done for profit until a majority of the community sees that theyve been scaled. More ankhs used=more ankhs bought=more ankhs plat buyers buy=more money for sts.
That's not nice. Pure greed.

Endkey 2.0
09-20-2015, 05:09 PM
My friend in game is wondering the same thing, first it was easy to run em without using any ankhs. Now need like 5 ankhs per run. Would be nice if StS answered :D

debitmandiri
09-20-2015, 07:49 PM
Breeze egg was 1-1.5million mark at first (1-1.5mil/125=8-12k/fragment), using average 3ankh per run (remember nekro is a very rare pet that time) . now with ring/nekro blablabla + average 3ankh (or maybe more ?) fragment only worth 3.5-5k lol (egg shell piece 120-170k / 35frag). Something not right

Newcomx
09-20-2015, 10:33 PM
I think it is harder. Usually I get 6-8 min for party run. Now, 8-10 min.

kananaskis
09-20-2015, 10:47 PM
it should be hard, after all it's endgame scaled elite

kananaskis
09-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Its basically going to be done for profit until a majority of the community sees that theyve been scaled. More ankhs used=more ankhs bought=more ankhs plat buyers buy=more money for sts.
That's not nice. Pure greed.

not necessarily true...a claim without evidence, mere conjecture

aneshsinghblu
09-21-2015, 12:39 AM
it should be hard, after all it's endgame scaled elite

Kananasskiss sts is wrong by scaling the maps without telling the ppl about it.
many ppl are sayin its harder. .so why is evidence Needed?

MasterP
09-21-2015, 03:07 AM
kananaski : the point is that Sts does these things without preparing people for it. Also like people say why change the difficulty, and keep the drop rate of stuff the same? Its pathetic, sts need to address some major issues. The game is not fun to play anymore, most people have no idea what to do or what to farm. There is no value in farming pinks, as most pinks are worth 2k -10k, rengols are now 8k lol, u wana speend 50/60k on pots in 1 elite rengol run? for a 18k fang? or 1 60k rune? Yep u defnitly making it big. Its pointless being called endgame maps, when u aint getting a damn thing of worth from it.

Zuorsyra
09-21-2015, 03:55 AM
not necessarily true...a claim without evidence, mere conjecture

Isn't it quite obvious tho?

Jazzi
09-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Dear Sts,

please take some of your precious time and answer here. Tyvm in advance!

Cody Black
09-21-2015, 12:26 PM
Curious about this as well

Zuorsyra
09-21-2015, 03:00 PM
Curious about this as well

Am very very verrry curious too...

Cody Black
09-28-2015, 10:23 AM
Just bumping this.

Why are older maps scaled ? Shouldn't it stayed at the level before?

Why no response

Carapace
09-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Hey guys,

There was no scaling or change to the current levels, however we did pad out the top end of our levels to accommodate the new higher levels players can reach in Ren'gol and in future expansions. I think the only time you would "feel" the difference is in a group of 3 or 4 people, however I would agree with an earlier poster that it's conjecture.

Faliziaga
09-28-2015, 02:42 PM
Hey guys,

There was no scaling or change to the current levels, however we did pad out the top end of our levels to accommodate the new higher levels players can reach in Ren'gol and in future expansions. I think the only time you would "feel" the difference is in a group of 3 or 4 people, however I would agree with an earlier poster that it's conjecture.
Could anybody please explain what that means? I don't quite get that.

stricker20000
09-28-2015, 02:44 PM
Could anybody please explain what that means? I don't quite get that.

Sounds to me like: We didn't scale anything but we buffed a few maps due to new top levels.

Cody Black
09-28-2015, 03:02 PM
So rogues can still solo it the same but it'll be harder with a warrior in a big party.. Thanks

Jazzi
09-28-2015, 03:04 PM
Hey guys,

What does this even mean? Can't we get a straight answer? After all we waited pretty long for a reply here. And this : "I think the only time you would "feel" the difference is in a group of 3 or 4 people, however I would agree with an earlier poster that it's conjecture." really makes no sense at all. First u say we would feel the difference, then that it were conjecture?!

Anyway there is not a single person on my f-list, which is full of recruiters and officers from the top guilds, nor there s anyone in our guild (Elite Runners) who doesn't agree that the maps have been secretly buffed. If you would claim it were conjecture, maybe you should look into it and see if there isn't a unexpected bug.

Thank you in advance for clarifying your reply and for looking into it.

Edward Coug
09-28-2015, 03:24 PM
Hey guys,

Before the buff (it did happen), I could take wind-up red zone hits from the giants (not the slide attack). Now, all giant redzone attacks are instant kills for me. That's a dead giveaway that the damage increased.

Thank you for looking into this. I realize that with all the updates, changes (intended or unintended) can get lost in the shuffle.

Kakashis
09-28-2015, 07:57 PM
So that's what it was, I'm dying from redzone even in normal now lol

will0
09-28-2015, 09:20 PM
hard to understand from the statement from STS sounds like beating round the bush and square one.

Xorrior
09-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Hey guys,

It is not conjecture that T2 has been buffed. I used to solo this in 11 minutes and now 17 minutes, using the same gear and pets. It seems you guys may have buffed the armour and mob hits. Those dogs can insta-kill now. Feel free to run T2 with level 46 stats and you shall see. Not sure about other maps but T2 is now a beast.

The majority is telling you that T2 seems buffed/scaled and you allude to one guys post who we don't even know runs this map or not. You guys have def tampered with the parameters of T2. Perhaps you guys have issue with people soloing this map with ease i.e ankh free runs hence the ninja buff.

If you still think its conjecture, I openly invite you to duo this map with me. You must remove your god mode stats and become level 46.

kananaskis
09-28-2015, 10:49 PM
There seems to be a misunderstanding about my use of the word conjecture. Earlier in the thread, I referred to a comment where the commenter suggested (without evidence) that the tombs had been buffed in order to get players to spend more on ankhs. That's what I meant by "conjecture". I thought it was an accusation without merit, baseless.

I wasn't referring to people's observation that the Planar Tombs had become harder as conjecture. Sorry for any confusion, but if you see my post above where I used the word conjecture, you'll see I was referring to what I quoted, a specific comment with which I disagreed.

At any rate, I don't see why the difficulty being adjusted in planar tombs would be a problem. For example, the straight line charge attack of the giants and their conical smash down attack were deadly at 41 cap and I have no problem with them being this way at 46. After all they're red zones.

Tombs aren't supposed to be a cake walk. So it makes sense to me if devs did "pad out the top end of our levels to accommodate the new higher levels players can reach in Ren'gol and in future expansions". Maybe some heads-up from devs on this sort of adjustment on the future could prevent some people's surpise on encountering it. But like I said I do agree with it being adjusted to keep it challenging enough.

Edward Coug
09-29-2015, 08:47 AM
There was no buff so to say, but rather a scaling up of the maps to accommodate the current ecpansion. We were running a map scaled to level 41 but I think they fixed that after the update for (forgot date).

The color of the dot next to the enemy health indicated that the mobs had indeed been scaled up before, and the mobs did hit harder and have more health at 46 after the expansion. If the difficulty has been increased for scaling, that's not what Carapace seems to be saying. (Not entirely clear, though.)

Zuorsyra
09-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Carapace said there was no scaling yet there's a blue dot next to the enemy health bar like Edward said, which means mobs have been scaled.

Edward Coug
09-30-2015, 08:55 AM
Carapace said there was no scaling yet there's a blue dot next to the enemy health bar like Edward said, which means mobs have been scaled.

I should have been clearer. The blue dot was there immediately after the expansion, indicating that planar tombs had in fact been scaled. And there was a noticeable difference in mob and boss damage. However, recently, there was an even greater increase in damage. Now, all giant redzone attacks kill me, and the wolves are way more deadly. There was certainly a second buff that came recently.

Zuorsyra
09-30-2015, 03:43 PM
I should have been clearer. The blue dot was there immediately after the expansion, indicating that planar tombs had in fact been scaled. And there was a noticeable difference in mob and boss damage. However, recently, there was an even greater increase in damage. Now, all giant redzone attacks kill me, and the wolves are way more deadly. There was certainly a second buff that came recently.

Ok I didn't notice that the dot turned blue immediately after the expansion.

Faliziaga
10-01-2015, 03:36 AM
Padded out also for future expansions, nebulous.

dreuidiie
10-02-2015, 04:01 AM
Hey guys,

Carapace its normal that when I solo Pt2 I get 13k crit from giants ?

Zuorsyra
10-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Bumping this thread.
Sts hasn't answered some of our questions here...

Azrizal Rahimy
10-08-2015, 05:45 AM
Hmmm it just been scaled.. That all..

Zuorsyra
10-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Hmmm it just been scaled.. That all..

Edward Coug said that Planar Tombs were scaled after the new Ren' Gol expansion, but then there was a second buff with Northal's first update. The mobs' dmg and armor had been increased again...
Please STS look into this!!! And answer our questions...

Zeus
10-09-2015, 01:13 PM

Blue dots signify that mobs are slightly easier/below your level.

Zeus
10-09-2015, 01:18 PM
I think people here need to chill. I just ran them today and it's equivalent difficulty of last season. I think the reason why people are complaining is because after running L41 tombs. The season ended and capped raised. However, the planar tombs were not scaled as L46 mobs. Hence, why you would see the blue dot difficulty indicator. The blue means that the mobs are slightly below your level and you will gain 0.5 XP per kill instead of 1 XP per kill (ignoring party XP & elixir buffs).

Now, since there is new content that requires the use of planar tombs, the map has been scaled up to L46 difficulty. This is what Carapace means, I believe. So no, it's not a buff - in the beginning of the season the tombs were just the same L41 difficulty while we were L46 players.

Zuorsyra
10-09-2015, 01:55 PM
I think people here need to chill. I just ran them today and it's equivalent difficulty of last season. I think the reason why people are complaining is because after running L41 tombs. The season ended and capped raised. However, the planar tombs were not scaled as L46 mobs. Hence, why you would see the blue dot difficulty indicator. The blue means that the mobs are slightly below your level and you will gain 0.5 XP per kill instead of 1 XP per kill (ignoring party XP & elixir buffs).

Now, since there is new content that requires the use of planar tombs, the map has been scaled up to L46 difficulty. This is what Carapace means, I believe. So no, it's not a buff - in the beginning of the season the tombs were just the same L41 difficulty while we were L46 players.

If the Tombs have been scaled up to lvl 46 difficulty then why are the dots still blue? Mobs that are scaled to lvl 46 have yellow dots.
Did they really scale the Tombs? Is it a bug? Did they buff the mobs without changing the dot color?

Edward Coug
10-09-2015, 02:17 PM

I'm actually not sure what the color of the dot was, but I can assure you that the damage and health of the mobs increased after the expansion. I tested it.

The enemy damage and health did not change until the King update. Then, it increased again.

I really don't care if the difficulty is increased. I like harder levels. What I don't really care for are muddled explanations.

And don't get me wrong. This is one of the few games where I've seen so much interaction between devs and players.

Iamsenpi
10-11-2015, 03:27 PM
It seems pretty normal still of me the most part