PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends for Android?

ultrakomm
04-12-2010, 05:42 AM
Hello!

I'm simply wondering if you are planning on releasing this great game for the Android platform?

Thanks!

Yours,
ultra.

Banned
04-12-2010, 07:07 AM
I was checking through the games files and discovered a list of devices. Android was one of them. Does this confirm the game being released for the Android? Or is this just a left over from trying to port it to the Android at one point.

asommers
04-12-2010, 11:27 AM
[with a small wave my hand] These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.

-ALS

WookieeFart
04-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I hope that was a joke. This would be a huge grab for you guys if you ported it. Android is catching up with iTunes users. I myself have two Android in addition to my iPod Touch and iPad. As a phone device I like the OS much more. There is such a glaring lack of good games in the Android market that this would be sure to be a huge hit.

FeralDruid
04-12-2010, 03:57 PM
I hope that was a joke. This would be a huge grab for you guys if you ported it. Android is catching up with iTunes users. I myself have two Android in addition to my iPod Touch and iPad. As a phone device I like the OS much more. There is such a glaring lack of good games in the Android market that this would be sure to be a huge hit.

The crippling blow is the andriod device hardware isn't as uniform as the iDevices. The android OS is good, no doubt, but no two devices are exactly alike when it comes to performance and onboard hardware. That's a factor which limits your audience unfortunately.

nerdherd
04-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Please release this on Android! I have an iPad, but I have an Android phone. It would be great to be able to play this when I'm away from home and don't want to carry around the iPad.

@FeralDruid You're right, there are a lot of android devices out there, but I think if the devs target the Droid as the ideal system then they'll have the most success. The Droid can handle some really good graphics, and the newer phones coming out based on a faster processor will handle everything even better. And older phones will just have slower framerates, but would probably still be playable (maybe...).

Rylin
04-12-2010, 04:53 PM
The problem with releasing something like PL on an android OS is that android runs on a multitude of phones with varying degrees of hardware performance. There's a reason the iPhone/iPod touches have been so popular with developers because of the overall uniform hardware performance across all devices. This creates additional time and money to get it to work on a variety of phones using the OS. Don't get me wrong, the Android OS is pretty powerful but at the same time it causes more headaches for developers, especially for independent developers.

lostboy
04-12-2010, 04:53 PM
To be honest, when an app is developed solely with the iPhone OS in mind, it just isn't worth it to try to cross-platform to Android. My company has a cross-platform app and here are the stats:

iPhone Users: 10515
iPod Touch Users: 4326
Android Users: 1

It would be a lost cause imo.

Flow
04-12-2010, 05:40 PM
If you go to '\var\mobile\Applications\Legends', on your device, then enter the Documents folder and open the 'pak.cfg' file in a text editor, it says:

"
device0=android

device1=ipad

device2=iphone

[SharedEngine/FileSystem]

<ifeq= Config/device, android>

So it seems like there might be one coming!

Banned
04-13-2010, 04:23 PM
I said that already >_<.

clow1995
08-31-2010, 09:45 PM
wow i made a thread like this awhile ago.... the dev posted a picture of pl running on his moto droid

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Try not to revive dead threads like this one, especially as you'd posted one recently, and there are a few on the forums. :)

(Don't reply to this message)