PDA

View Full Version : accounts created b4 october and unused.

Nekama
05-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Anyone has an acc that is created b4 oct and is unused?my friend has alot and they quitted.i think its a waste to abandon acc and leave unused acc.
:banana:wish me luck bananas!:banana:

NeoQueen
05-11-2011, 11:03 AM
So wait, you want to USE someones abandoned account? Pretty surethat is frowned upon and punishable by banning.

Ayrilana
05-11-2011, 11:06 AM
(h) Account and Virtual Item Ownership
You may not buy, sell, give or trade any account, nor attempt to buy, sell, give or trade any account. COMPANY owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any other attributes associated with an account. COMPANY does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything that appears or originates therein. You may not sell in-game items or currency for "real" money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the game.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?11694-Pocket-Legends-Terms-of-Service

Otukura
05-11-2011, 11:13 AM
I think he's saying they should delete them to clear up space and also to keep names open for new players.

NeoQueen
05-11-2011, 11:25 AM
I think he's saying they should delete them to clear up space and also to keep names open for new players.

Well, that would be nice, but what if that player decides to come back? STS would have to give way advance notice to them now, and let all other players know that any account that remains inactive for x amount of time will be deleted...Could get messy.

Nekama
05-11-2011, 11:40 AM
learn from runescape,they deleted accs to save space and even give away accs(but pl not allowed tho)

Gluttony
05-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Well, that would be nice, but what if that player decides to come back? STS would have to give way advance notice to them now, and let all other players know that any account that remains inactive for x amount of time will be deleted...Could get messy.

That would be a good thing, but I don't think it's been done by any other MMORPG (I don't know because I don't play any others), perhaps if STS had put something in their ToS or a disclaimer that they reserve the right to delete an account for certain reasons (inactivity) then perhaps it would be possible. Could end up in numerous complaints; people would probably just start to get upset even if they had no intention of ever coming back to the game. I know that people (not personally) create an account when a game starts and just get all the free (original) igns they can; it sucks, but people have reserved them with no real intention of playing the game. I just wonder what will happen with all of the names fill up. I have no idea how many possibilities there are, but I know that I rarely see an original ign that is made up of an actual word and not just some random letters stuck together.