PDA

View Full Version : Real Skilled peeps

Aerodude
09-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Well I just made this thread to see if there really are TRUE SKILLED peeps out there many says its gear its nekro and bla bla well this time I wanna see people show true skills what I wanna see are elite runs WITHOUT A NEKRO in all 3 maps in garetta you can use any gear you want and pet as long as you DONT HAVE NEKRO in your party I wanna see a video of this one day and see who really are the TRUE SKILLED peeps

xcainnblecterx
09-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Umm I been running garreta elites with only pink pets and semi end gear. I still have yet to own a arcane or mythic pet only problem is I die to much running lol

Covert
09-19-2015, 11:54 AM
I'd like to nominate Farminers, he is the best! :^)

Serancha
09-19-2015, 12:05 PM
While it's true that Necro is used as a crutch for many new / unskilled players, it is also true that there are a lot of end-gamers who played the game for a long time before Necro was attainable for 99% of players (or even existed). Anyone from season 4 can tell you about Nordr elites. Those were extremely challenging.

We had no Necros then. Samael was not released until the end of that season and Glacian was 23 million gold - so players ran those elites with legendary / mythic pets and usually legendary gear.

Ebezaanec
09-19-2015, 12:19 PM
While it's true that Necro is used as a crutch for many new / unskilled players, it is also true that there are a lot of end-gamers who played the game for a long time before Necro was attainable for 99% of players (or even existed). Anyone from season 4 can tell you about Nordr elites. Those were extremely challenging.

We had no Necros then. Samael was not released until the end of that season and Glacian was 23 million gold - so players ran those elites with legendary / mythic pets and usually legendary gear.

Ah yes, the days of running Oltgar for Entombed hammers.

It was hard but fun. Though I hated being knocked into ice patches during lag spikes.

Starkinea
09-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Hmm nice calling out OP... I want to see your video running new elites undergeared
I can assure you there are a lot good players who can run those with leg gear and pets, gear is only helps to do it faster..

Aerodude
09-19-2015, 12:42 PM

Don't co pare the past from the present please yea sure back then legendary for elite but now try running these new elites with legendary gear and only rare and epic pets let's see if its as challenging as before oh and try it without tank coz many people prefer runs without tank

Aerodude
09-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Hmm nice calling out OP... I want to see your video running new elites undergeared
I can assure you there are a lot good players who can run those with leg gear and pets, gear is only helps to do it faster..
Excuse you but I never said me being skilled sand geared so why would I run? Besides I'm not even capped yet then you tell me what to do? I made this threade to see if there really are still skilled people out there not saying that I'm skilled or whatsoever please next time reconsider what your saying about me running them undergeared

pompous
09-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Sanael will serve the same purpose if you have a good mage. Shield will last for 2 clock drops so mage won't be stunned. When the 3rd clock is needed, mage hits Samael AA to panic and drop 3rd clock. By the time 4th clock comes, shield is ready.

Rogues kite outside clock. Warrior not needed. Gg

Magemagix
09-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Sanael will serve the same purpose if you have a good mage. Shield will last for 2 clock drops so mage won't be stunned. When the 3rd clock is needed, mage hits Samael AA to panic and drop 3rd clock. By the time 4th clock comes, shield is ready.

Rogues kite outside clock. Warrior not needed. Gg

Could u plz tell me what kiting is exactly( maybe i do it unknowingly idk lol)
Sry for my nabness

Edward Coug
09-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Well I just made this thread to see if there really are TRUE SKILLED peeps out there many says its gear its nekro and bla bla well this time I wanna see people show true skills what I wanna see are elite runs WITHOUT A NEKRO in all 3 maps in garetta you can use any gear you want and pet as long as you DONT HAVE NEKRO in your party I wanna see a video of this one day and see who really are the TRUE SKILLED peeps

Make a level 41 character and try to run planar tombs with the level 41 cap gear and no arcane pets and no myths. That's what I did before I geared up. Planar tombs were much harder than the Rengol maps. The planar tombs bosses kept most undergeared players from consistently finishing them. You can't say the same thing about rengol.

Tatman
09-19-2015, 03:59 PM
I sometimes do so called "pink runs" in select elite maps with friend and guildmates. Meaning - legendary gear and legendary pets. I haven't done this since we hit new cap, and in my opinion new legendary gear (except armors) is complete crap and a downgrade from top lvl 41 legendaries and most lower level myths.

Anyway. I see you don't want to run now, because you aren't capped yet and whatnot. When/if you cap, feel free to pm me. I shall use this: giant bow, old myth helm, forager armor, myth belt, planar pendant, ruby + Blinky/Breeze. I am not skilled either, so don't worry. :)

Mylast
09-19-2015, 05:34 PM

Hmmm

Why are maps scaled? Brackenridge till new rengol maps.
As you go higer, game as it self requires better gear, better pets. This is not a proving of skills. Its how sts did it. As you go higher, you gotta invest in your self.

Im sure lot of runs can be done without nekro. Slower, more deaths. But achievable.

Michael Woolley
09-19-2015, 09:19 PM
Lol. Most skilled rogue you will play with IMO

DarrenPR
09-19-2015, 10:08 PM

Challenge Accepted. Solo, no Nekro.

Elite Misty Grotto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFNb4LPa4Bc

Elite Cryogem Mines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NKMUdGuOlw

Elite Gnomish Ruins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkz0hC2SgGA

extrapayah
09-19-2015, 11:24 PM
my comment is still the same, elite rengol maps (since the buffed difficulties) are not good for long run,

doesn't matter how good the loot is, skilled or not, solo or party, geared or not, nekro/arcane or not

you'll get bankrupt soon with that potions, pet feed, lix, (and ankhs) cost

because there isn't any smart way/solution to run those maps without overpowering them with damages, lixes, gears, or even skills

but it will be different if we have access to all of our 8 skills in pve :D

Serancha
09-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Don't co pare the past from the present please yea sure back then legendary for elite but now try running these new elites with legendary gear and only rare and epic pets let's see if its as challenging as before oh and try it without tank coz many people prefer runs without tank

Why not compare past with present? It's the same players in the same game. You're trying to say that because these people got a new pet, that means are now incompetent? Most people never run with a tank unless they have to, and everyone is using legendary gear now aside from jewelry.

Originally you said people could use any pet but necro for this "test of skill", now you are changing it to rare / epic pets only? A half-naked party of rogues with all ethyls would have no trouble with any map. But why we should bother with a video to prove ourselves to someone who is not capped, and says he is not skilled himself, is beyond me.

Zylx
09-20-2015, 11:46 AM
Arcane Legends will never be as good as it was before. I miss farming jarl for crates, I miss running elite maps before gear became prevalent. I miss the days where legendary pets were the most dominant and arcanes were an actual rarity rather than a variety. When casual players could actually compete. I miss the Legendary Legends.

R.I.P.

debitmandiri
09-20-2015, 08:51 PM
I challenge u with lv2 char to solo jarl without pot :p

hazmi
09-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Uhm... what's the real point of this thread? Nekro wasn't there from day 1 of AL. And not everyone has Nekro until now... nor any Arcane pet for that matter... But that didn't stop a lot of players from moving forward and progressing... even with pink gear!

Motherless_Child
09-21-2015, 12:16 AM
Challenge Accepted. Solo, no Nekro.

Elite Misty Grotto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFNb4LPa4Bc

Elite Cryogem Mines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NKMUdGuOlw

Elite Gnomish Ruins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkz0hC2SgGA

............................:excitement:

ilhanna
09-21-2015, 02:25 AM
There are some flaws to the challenge here. Why should true skill be measured in solo runs? It takes great skills to run effectively in a party, especially when your party isn't all maxed out rogues as is the case with the majority of parties. A solo run elite challenge excludes the majority of skilled warriors and a large portion of skilled mages, both of which are great to have in party especially if you're not maxed out rogue with all arcane pet rotation. And speaking of pets, why should true skills be proven with epic/rare pet? Choosing pets, especially when you only have Blinky, Gyrm, Breeze and the likes in your rotation takes skilled decision-making.

Motherless_Child
09-21-2015, 01:01 PM
There are some flaws to the challenge here. Why should true skill be measured in solo runs? It takes great skills to run effectively in a party, especially when your party isn't all maxed out rogues as is the case with the majority of parties. A solo run elite challenge excludes the majority of skilled warriors and a large portion of skilled mages, both of which are great to have in party especially if you're not maxed out rogue with all arcane pet rotation. And speaking of pets, why should true skills be proven with epic/rare pet? Choosing pets, especially when you only have Blinky, Gyrm, Breeze and the likes in your rotation takes skilled decision-making.

True.... True...

Candylicks
09-21-2015, 01:10 PM

This post is just inflammatory. The new elite maps are a total joke.....

We run all the time with whacky pets and fact is everyone has crate gear now.

You must be new to this community.

Jebaciste
09-21-2015, 01:33 PM
Nekro, nekro, nekro, nekro...All players wanna have nekro, thats all they talk about, idk why u so heated about that pet, i have toor and its the best pet if u ask me, and ill never change it for nekro, even if some1 gave it free to me ill sell it.

Jazzi
09-21-2015, 04:56 PM
Nicely done Darren!
@OP. Same as Darrenpr many others and I were running elite tindirin and planar tombs in full legendary lvl 41 and/or predominantly legendary gear. Some of that was before the time of ankhs and legendary pets like the op blinky. Many of us did not use plat for revives. Yet we managed to run elite caves and elite wilds without dying. Some of us were soloing planar tombs with predominantly legendary gear. Do u really think that we lost that skill just because we have better gear now?