PDA

View Full Version : Inhalers

anglfyr
05-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Im stuck with my inhalers.. is there anyway to live w/o inhalers for asthmatic like me?

KaotiicxDream
05-11-2011, 03:27 PM
I never use my inhalers even if I probably should lol xD haha

Otukura
05-11-2011, 03:32 PM
I personally don't use anything besides the little cannister red thing albuterol or w/e medicine you use comes in. Directly to the mouth.

DawnInfinity
05-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I had asthma when I was younger, but I have mostly grown out of it. I hated my inhaler, sorry. :/

anglfyr
05-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Ye, I have asthma ever since birth. Weak lungs lolz.

Major
05-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Ya I used to have to use them as well. I out grew it tho. I was told to get as much exercise as possible when i was young to help develop the lungs better. Im not a doctor or anything close to that unless you are a automobile lol. Most people don't know how to breathe properly, you need to take very deep breaths and work your lungs....so maybe working on your breathing may help but i dunno lol.

karmakali
05-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Unless you can avoid the irritants that cause the inflammation in your bronchials then you are stuck with the inhalers. Be thankful they exist and help you manage your symptoms. Oh...and you could move somewhere with an extremely low pollen/spore count....like the Artic Circle.... ;)
Sending you wishes of good health!

Zeus
05-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I heard scientists are developing/already developed a filter for asthma, putting it in the passageway of your lungs. Blocks the asthma symptoms and prevents an asthma attack. Of course, it requires surgery. If I'm thinking right, the only place to put it would be right under the flap that closes the air and food tubes. Although, with that. Then you become susceptible to disease and inflammation from that device.

My advice? Lungs can grow in strength too. Try and take at least 100-200 steady strong breaths in a sitting, for example. When your watching TV. Exercise is also a excellent beneficial factor. These would all reduce your symptoms and greatly reduce your chance for asthma attacks, it would be very rare though to make you entirely resistant to asthma attacks.

Sorry ;(

anglfyr
05-12-2011, 12:56 AM
hehehe thank you guys!!

shmoo
05-12-2011, 03:06 AM
Im stuck with my inhalers.. is there anyway to live w/o inhalers for asthmatic like me?

I'm an asthmatic as well. Look into Desensitization (http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=2203).

anglfyr
05-14-2011, 04:21 AM
Ye my allergy doctor told me to hav allergy shots thinggy but im a scaredy cat :/

Zeus
05-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Ye my allergy doctor told me to hav allergy shots thinggy but im a scaredy cat :/

Take them. Somebody, strap her down! Shots aren't bad at all. :).

Pandamoni
05-14-2011, 01:24 PM
My husband outgrew his asthma...had it really bad as a kid, had a mild flare as an adult but now he has ulcerative colitis...autoimmune disorders suck. Sorry you're dealing with it.

noobmigo
05-14-2011, 02:39 PM
I had a mild case of asthma, still do, but I don't need an inhaler.
Inhalers do suck, I had one once.

anglfyr
05-15-2011, 04:30 AM
thx guyz!!

hahhaa parth!! will nvr!! im scared of -> injections :banana: :banana: :banana:

Beanmachine
05-15-2011, 04:55 AM
thx guyz!!

hahhaa parth!! will nvr!! im scared of -> injections :banana: :banana: :banana:

Scared of this?
---=={"""""""""]=[]

Hehe jk so am I:p

Heres the comic you helped me make:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26541-750k-comic-strip-contest/page2

Theres alot of pictures so be warned:eek: