View Full Version : [request] sincerely ask to return elite rengol difficulties

extrapayah
09-20-2015, 02:59 AM
to when it was first released,

please,

thank you

Jazzi
09-20-2015, 03:32 AM
I agree with that. Either that or make the loot worth our time. We are waiting.

extrapayah
09-20-2015, 09:15 AM
There were a few bug fixes, but apparently there are still a few left:

1)Orc gladiator buff.

2) Ogre brute conical attack is actually a spherical attack, it lands and even when impve galed to the opposite side of the Brute the attack hits me after a second.

3) Shaman Pakuna mage bug, not really a difficulty bug but rather a weird one. Will try to post SS later, asp as apparently too blind to see it.

4) Orc Engineers are immune to freezes, they weren't before the "bugs" were fixed.

EDIT: Orc gladiator also gains a5% damage buff when a player character dies near it, he is only supposed to get a buff when an Orc dies near it, this is another game changing buff.

Also, I think if the Brutes and Gladiator bugs are fixed , elite will be fine. Making them easy as before is a no-no.

bro, play as a warrior, buffing health of mobs is never a good idea, unnecessarily prolonging fights, and it's not like warrior can cancel ANY red zone to help the team, or pull bosses, instead, i need juggernaut to support myself from getting stunned

as for:

1. orc gladiator buff : when elite rengol released sts say: whenever player dies, he gets buffed, so unfortunately it is never a bug..., harsh thing is the effect stay forever and no counter measure, refer to thisthis (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?259344-Rage-of-the-Ren-gol-Elites-are-Live-in-Arcane-Legends!)
it said: Orc Gladiators gain Thirst for Blood. When a nearby player dies, Orc Gladiator gains 5% damage, up to a maximum of 25%. Lasts until the Orc Gladiator dies.

2. ogre brute : same old troll type attack bug, my guess is somehow because of lag/delay, the red zone actually target somewhere where we stand, but the warning is several seconds late, as for why i think it is like that, everytime after i was hit (suspected by his conic attack), even though i'm outside of the range, seconds later, another red conic is displayed which placed on top where i stand, but it didn't do any damage -> easily noticed if you survive the first attack

3. shaman pakuna mage bug -> idk about it, probably fireball not splashing when hitting totem?

4. unfortunately elite orc engineers has always been immune to freeze since it was released...

as for why i'm asking they to return the difficulty is:

1. no counter measure for orc gladiator, warrior can't contribute either, he hits using free-rotating red zone which is impossible for a melee warrior to dodge -> leading to stuns, and it's not like warrior can help the team to counter his pulling skills

2. pakuna boss fight, the recent buff on totem's health makes warrior depends a lot on great dps, or else, totem will overwhelm you, and those totems + spirit wolves aren't even gone whenever pakuna restarted, also if you hold aggro well, pakuna's lava will always target you, making you losing space to hit him, which is ridiculous because you can't pull him and rogue losing chance to pierce,

3. thumper boss fight, even from the start, it is already anti-melee boss with stunning bomb rain that he can do in an interval less than 27s (i use nekro's cooldown as counter), and juggernaut is 45s

4. korgar, i only tried before the buffs, but even before it, korgar already a melee killer, with quick and short red zone, and hits normally extremely hard after he gets buffed three times (when he's near death) can't imagine having a tank which only help him scale up -> making it longer to kill him quickly after the third phase, yet it's hard to hold him at that phase

my suggestion is:
1. as already suggested before, buff rally cry, add (pve only, i could care less) stun immunity and pull/push immunity
2. reduce orc gladiator health or make him unable to buff himself
3. give cooldown to orc brute's and orc gladiator's red zone, and also orc gladiator's pull, it is is already implemented, give a longer cooldown for those skills for both elite/normal
4. buff mythic set, at the moment, there is no way that the new mythic set can be better than imbued + arcane ring + planar pendant, and yet, we can't call running elite rengol is 'farming', we're losing to much money there, and even worse, it is no better than forager/supreme sets....
5. could be interesting if gale's push isn't nullified by any type of stun and able to push important mobs, not only mobs which can be knockdown'ed by fireball, and if it gives (pve only, i could also care less) stun, pull/push, slow immunity instead of dashing forward :D
6. could be great if mass freeze deals damage as much as it normally does on single target :D, right now it only splashed at around 1/10 of the original damage
6. access to more than 4 skills :D
7. remove skill and aa locking whenever it is on cooldown :D

thank you

extrapayah
09-20-2015, 09:32 AM
as for additional comment:

legendaries should have enough armor to run elites without too much loses, while mythic, instead of giving more armors, it should give more damage, to make runs faster,

and elite maps should be designed as maps that needs survivability instead of maps that needs more damage to rush, right now, the longer we fight, the higher our chances to die, (as example see pakuna's fight, and see how arena is mostly all about rogues), and tank is having difficulties to support himself out of stuns, red zones, pulls/pushes (arena's vortex making tank super useless), etc, yet, they can't support teams in a scheme where dps is more needed

also mage's losing too many disabling abilities in boss fights, and having spell cooldown longer than a rogue is just saddening...

Oursizes
09-20-2015, 10:49 AM
While I do agree with scaling difficulties back down, werent you the one wanting to make new elites near impossible by making mobs 1hit and potions have cooldowns so warriors could feel "included"? Seems youve switched sides.

Kalahesi
09-20-2015, 10:56 AM
+1 for this

I have average gears and the buff makes it way too hard. I feel sorry for the new players with below average gears, they stand no chance >.<

Oursizes
09-20-2015, 06:11 PM
+1 for this

I have average gears and the buff makes it way too hard. I feel sorry for the new players with below average gears, they stand no chance >.<

I have sort of average gears also. I however dont have ring and my damage can be considered pretty low as well. The only reason i can even survive many of the hits is due to nekro shield.

Jazzi
09-20-2015, 06:42 PM
As I said, I'd rather have the bug/glitches fixes and proper loot added to those maps than them being scaled down whilst the loot remains the same. This being said they seem to be, and contrary to the original plan of sts, designed in a way which makes warriors extremely inefficient: Stuns, pull, high damage dealers, which the warrior cannot tank, need for mob separation in order to single out and kill the high priority target. All task with which a warrior can have only limited or no use at all. For this though a mere change of the maps won't be enough. The skills of the warrior class in general need to be looked into.

Tatman
09-20-2015, 07:25 PM
Warriors cannot be useful in a map with 4-5 mob pulls. This is by default. In my opinion pretty much nothing can be done to make them useful in rengol maps. This is the reality. That's why there was this discussion before expansion was even released. Contrary to what a lot of people believe - fewer but hard-hitting mobs is a totally tank UNFRIENDLY concept.

As for difficulty overall. I think 2 things need to be done and maps will be ok:

1. Make gladiator NOT shield himself, as was the situation in normal maps until recently.

2. Fix the brutes - their attacks and damage. There is something very wrong with these mobs at the moment.

Edward Coug
09-21-2015, 02:55 PM
2. Fix the brutes - their attacks and damage. There is something very wrong with these mobs at the moment.

You can't even get near them without being randomly killed. There is no strategy except to avoid them.

extrapayah
09-22-2015, 04:49 AM
after days of runs with different toons, different people, my conclusion, is still the same, please reduce the difficulties with:

1. reduce elite mobs health, the ideal case is, even with the inclusion of warrior, the maps should be doable within 5-10 minutes, taking consideration that it is a mobile game
2. give warrior, (could be pve only)
-- innate resistance/immunity to pull/push (and maybe slow) -> they should be strong enough to hold their ground, and keep walking even though pulled by 2x gravity :P
-- innate resistance to stun -> less stun duration for warrior
-- innate resistance to critical attack/buffed up attacks, or damage resistance -> less likely for warrior to receive critical hit, etc
and they also can make this resistance has limitation, like cooldown e.g. a warrior can avoid stun/pull/push once every 5s, etc

as for another comments, i still haven't changed my mind for sts to design maps which include tank class, and my thoughts are still the same:
1. tank/damage absorber class will only be necessary if there are either more 1 hits to other classes, or other classes don't have enough time to spam potions to survive, and i prefer the later one, that's why i still insist on adding potions cooldown, increase its effectiveness, and design a map that need tanks to wisely/timely use potions
2. the recent elite rengol unfortunately buffed too many anti-melee mobs and bosses, so please nerf some back
3. as for why i want sts to remove the on-cooldown skill and aa button because it's already become part of the game to change/switch skill/pets, e.g. before boss fight, before running, and waiting them for cooldown is just taking unnecessary time. i think the latest change sts made to lock this cooldowned skills/aa was way too negative to gameplay improvement, i say instead of locking, sts should provide a method to make all players to be able to switch skills/aa as fast as people who were doing it before, by giving on hud skillset switch or pet rotation button

p.s.: forgot to say thank you for all the comments :P