PDA

View Full Version : discussion on my issues with CONSIGNMENT SHOP

mejslll
05-11-2011, 09:30 PM
"Consignment shop" is an American English term for second-hand stores that offer used goods at a lower cost than new. Many offer new items as well. In the context of sale, it is usually understood that the consignee (the seller) pays the consignor (the person who owns the item) a portion of the proceeds from the sale. Payment is not made until and unless the item actually sells. The consignor retains title to the item at all times, and can end the arrangement at any time by requesting return of the item. A specified period of time is commonly arranged, after which time if the item does not sell the owner can reclaim the item." Quote from wikipidia

ok, so here is my issue - i will talk problem then solution:

a) CS is a great thing if it can be used to generate money for us as players, to better the equip we cary and introduce others to new equip, it will get ppl excited about lvling up... the problem is you can spend hours listing and relisting things and it cost too much money to sell the item... example - listing a scrapers cowl (very cool item, but inexpensive, 700 - 500 dollars) it would cost too much money to list it more than 3 hours, and if it didnt sell for the 600 lets say you have a hundred + dollars in listing it. so, you relist it now you have 200+ in to the listing... other opption is to sell for 48 dollars and be done with it.

b) ppl dont want to bother listing in cs cuz of the expensive cost, so what do they do ? spam, spam, spam, spam, ...

solution: stop charging flat fees to list items! sell it as a ratio of the sale!!!

or even better!!! why does the cs need to generate any money for the sale any ways?

and lastly dont charge up front, charge if and only if it sells!

PLEASE MAKE A CHANGE WITH THIS - IT MAKES NO SENSE TO CHARGE UP FRONT FLAT FEES, AND IMO THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY FEES, BUT IF THERE ARE LETS MAKE THEM A RATIO OF THE SALE

THANKS

Tvis
05-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Wouldn't the consignment shop be filled with loads of garbage if it was free to put something in there?

mejslll
05-11-2011, 09:41 PM
sure it could be, but that is why you list what you want to look up, so you can filter out the trash... and just look for the sword or bow or the plate you are looking for

so that would not make any dif...

plus, the money maker is it takes plat to buy extra spots, if it were easier to post and make money ppl would be more interested is spending plat.

plat = profit for the pl guys! and they deserve it

Leiver
05-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Wouldn't the consignment shop be filled with loads of garbage if it was free to put something in there?

Precisely. The charge IS a ratio of the sale price. 1% of sale price is added to the time fee. The charge stops people from putting total garbage in. Like stuff that is worth less than 1k. When I'm farming AO2 or AO3 I tend to end up with a lot of pinks and purples. If they aren't worth much I usually put them all in CS at 1000 for 11 hours (cost 260) anything that doesn't sell I liquidate. Usually sell most of it tho so it works out alright. If there was no fee then there would be a million of everything at 1 gold more than liquidation price and I wouldn't be able to sell any of my stuff. So I would make less money

The current system works. No need to change it. If you are worried about a few hundred gold you should try hunting in better dungeons rather than moaning about it

mejslll
05-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Precisely. The charge IS a ratio of the sale price. 1% of sale price is added to the time fee. The charge stops people from putting total garbage in. Like stuff that is worth less than 1k. When I'm farming AO2 or AO3 I tend to end up with a lot of pinks and purples. If they aren't worth much I usually put them all in CS at 1000 for 11 hours (cost 260) anything that doesn't sell I liquidate. Usually sell most of it tho so it works out alright. If there was no fee then there would be a million of everything at 1 gold more than liquidation price and I wouldn't be able to sell any of my stuff. So I would make less money

The current system works. No need to change it. If you are worried about a few hundred gold you should try hunting in better dungeons rather than moaning about it

i disagree totally, you filter out the trash by selecting the item you are looking for, example "bow" "sword"... then pic pink, orange, or purple and poofff you get what you want with out getting to look at garbage.

it wouldnt lower how much money you make based on "trash" being put in the cs store.

what you would have is more ppl using it and more items, that may drive prices down, but remember i only suggested that there should be no cost, if there were a cost it should be just a persentage

if i list a 500 dollar item for three days is would cost 1000+ dollars - clearly that wouldnt make sense - and it kills me to "liquidate" a pink that would sell for 1000 or less cuz it wouldnt make money

mejslll
05-11-2011, 09:59 PM
and when i farm it is in sewers or interglatic combat, or another higer areas that drop good items...

mejslll
05-11-2011, 10:12 PM
500 dollar item listed for 3 hrs = 105
11hrs = 255
23 hrs = 505
3 days = 1005

5000 dollar item listed for 3 hrs = 150
11 hrs = 300
23 hrs = 550
3 days = 1050

flat fee + %

my suggestion is just a %, but lets say 5 % at the high end items like pinks, and up to 10% on others - makes pinks more valuable.

And that the % is not charged up front but after the sale is complete

davidis57
05-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Liquidate items under 1000 and sell the higher priced stuff. That's what I do.

Ayrilana
05-12-2011, 12:11 AM
The thing is that it's not an actual consignment shop but an auction. I'll also add that there is more than just one type of auction than I'm sure many are aware of.

Swimmingstar
05-12-2011, 12:18 AM
No it's a store with used stuff or new not a cs or auction just a store where u sell stuff

Riccits
05-12-2011, 02:48 AM
the fees prevent from inserting a lot of crap and IMO more important to keep prices at a decent level.
for example i loot a fury sword. assuming thers noone in shop and i have no fee to pay i insert it at 1.5 mil without thinking... with the standard feel i have to pay a lot to insert at those price and when it not sell i have to reinsert an pay again. so i think twice, make a price check and insert may with last going price..
the whole story is just to say: this fees helps to keep prices low!
so they are fine how they are actually!

braluk
05-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Without fees, item prices would skyrocket. If no Fury Sword was in CS for example, Id probably list it at some ridiculous price like 2 million. The next player seeing potential income will list his Fury at 1.9 million. I mean some items right now are sold very high, but the fees deter. Setting the sale fees relative to listing is an excellent way to really make someone think if it is worth it to list at a crazy high price if it means that you have shell out 10s of thousands.of dollars to do so everytime at a price most ppl wont buy

KingGiant
05-12-2011, 06:58 AM
As for your question about why the CS even charges gold to make a listing? Quite simply it is a very effective gold sink for the game. Mmo games NEED gold sinks to remove currency from the ingame economy. Without gold sinks the economy would eventually get so inflated items would start costing 10 times what they are currently at, simply because the amount of gold in circulation is entirely too high.

WJJ
05-12-2011, 08:12 AM
As for your question about why the CS even charges gold to make a listing? Quite simply it is a very effective gold sink for the game. Mmo games NEED gold sinks to remove currency from the ingame economy. Without gold sinks the economy would eventually get so inflated items would start costing 10 times what they are currently at, simply because the amount of gold in circulation is entirely too high.
Another good gold sink would be to make pots buyable with gold again:S

Riccits
05-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Another good gold sink would be to make pots buyable with gold again:S

yep it will help, but its a pity that the 6k xp pot inst avaiable. we will feel price reductions more in a far future IMO.
when i farm sandcaves for hours i have may have 50-70k more... multipled by all the guys wich play there make several new milions around..

mejslll
05-12-2011, 09:01 PM
The thing is that it's not an actual consignment shop but an auction. I'll also add that there is more than just one type of auction than I'm sure many are aware of.

well, maybe im no aware what do you mean?

mejslll
05-12-2011, 09:04 PM
the fees prevent from inserting a lot of crap and IMO more important to keep prices at a decent level.
for example i loot a fury sword. assuming thers noone in shop and i have no fee to pay i insert it at 1.5 mil without thinking... with the standard feel i have to pay a lot to insert at those price and when it not sell i have to reinsert an pay again. so i think twice, make a price check and insert may with last going price..
the whole story is just to say: this fees helps to keep prices low!
so they are fine how they are actually!

there is no backing up this statment, if you had lower fees it means yoiu can sell for higher? if you listed an item for 50k and i then would list for 48k then the next guy would list for 46 so on and so forth...

it is general 101 marketing, and trash is weeded out due to being able to choose what you are looking for

mejslll
05-12-2011, 09:06 PM

ok that is fine, i am ok with that... but how bout instead of a flat fee it goes to a persentage, 500 dollar item listed for three days is 1000+ dollars

mejslll
05-12-2011, 09:08 PM
look the more ppl can make money in the cs - the more they will invest in playing, (insurance they will stay and tell ppl) and the more "slots" they will need for items, storage and cs slots. that equals more plat needed, and that eqauals the game actually make money for the makers/owners.

Riccits
05-13-2011, 01:41 AM
there is no backing up this statment, if you had lower fees it means yoiu can sell for higher? if you listed an item for 50k and i then would list for 48k then the next guy would list for 46 so on and so forth...

it is general 101 marketing, and trash is weeded out due to being able to choose what you are looking for

its not sure i can sell for higher prices, i can just try with hilarius prices and dont think about the cost... if i get undercutted i can reinsert again without thinking at costs again.. prices would be higher!
u woudnt insert a item for 50k when u know its only 25k normally when u have a high fee to pay..

mejslll
05-15-2011, 07:13 PM
good point, im thinking of a persentage of the sale - meaning you sell for 500 dollars over three days it doesnt cost you 1000+ dollars - instead list a cool 500 dollar item (gem cowel or something like that) and pay a persentage of the gross sale...

mejslll
06-02-2011, 08:40 PM
ok after more reserch, this is what i have found...

the cs store is flawed!

needs to be more cost efficent to list items, that simple

example :

i have several items i can sell for 1500 - 3000 dollars, i have 35 spots i can list them in, if sell those for 500+ dollars (23 hours) it would cost me, 17500 gold, if i sold 30 % of the items it would bring in 24000 gold, net profit of 6500 gold making it not worth it!!!

so if i sold every thing i listed i would have to drop pricing wayyyyyy down so lets say they sold all for 1000 dollars, 35000 gold - 17500 gold leaves 175000 = that would work only if i cut prices in half lowering every one else pricing - and the wishful thinking that all would sell.

if i listed ever thing for 3 days it would be 1000+ 35 items = 35k, would have to sell 50% just to break even!!!

again this need revision... it needs help to list items for a fair price

the worrie of listing too much junk is not an issue