PDA

View Full Version : "buff warriors"

Befs
09-22-2015, 06:15 AM
I just wanna say first I'm in favor of a war buff.

However, you guys spread it to everything! Thread about scammers : Buff warrior posts.

Just keep it on one thread please...

Transfordark
09-22-2015, 06:34 AM
Do you think Sts listens?
I have seen numerous buff the warriors thread in a year and guess what not a SINGLE reply of sts.

And I have never seen them say anything regarding a warrior class.

Sorry if my tone seems bit rude but yea agree with you if only a dev replied regarding this war issue it would just calm this situation.
Buff The Warriors.

hallowring
09-22-2015, 07:05 AM
yeah i find it kinda hard to get numerous things done in AL as a warr lvl 42. I agree buff the warriors(^u^)

Farminer's
09-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Buff the tanks we supposed to do damage while taking more then rogues but not doing as much damage as rogues. We are also not supposed to be 1 hit by any mob LOL.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

G-M
09-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Do you think Sts listens?
I have seen numerous buff the warriors thread in a year and guess what not a SINGLE reply of sts.

And I have never seen them say anything regarding a warrior class.

Sorry if my tone seems bit rude but yea agree with you if only a dev replied regarding this war issue it would just calm this situation.
Buff The Warriors.

We've discussed class balance before and made skill updates, specifically to Skyward Smash and Axe Throw. We also attempted to design the Ren'gol dungeons to highlight the strengths of each class, and we've run events with class-specific objectives. We clearly need to do more and we are reading all your feedback and considering it as we explore solutions. As you can see from all the threads there's not one clear answer. Suggestions range from simply increasing damage, to modifying skills, to changing the way aggro works in the game. All are great and very helpful suggestions and all with their own strengths and weaknesses.

nightmaresmoke
09-22-2015, 10:52 AM
We've discussed class balance before and made skill updates, specifically to Skyward Smash and Axe Throw. We also attempted to design the Ren'gol dungeons to highlight the strengths of each class, and we've run events with class-specific objectives. We clearly need to do more and we are reading all your feedback and considering it as we explore solutions. As you can see from all the threads there's not one clear answer. Suggestions range from simply increasing damage, to modifying skills, to changing the way aggro works in the game. All are great and very helpful suggestions and all with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Just an idea why not make warrior taunt skill like this increase the number on mobs that war can aggro and make it longer and vengeful blood the more the war makes aggro and mobs damaging the war the more he's/her damage increase armor and hp and possibly dps also and obviously for pve only anyways just a thought.

nightmaresmoke
09-22-2015, 10:54 AM
Or better yet make a new skill upgrade or a new skill entirely called endure berserk etc.. whatever name for a surviving skill that wars needs..

Maarkus
09-22-2015, 11:04 AM

Hi G-M
Thank you for the response.

From what you've said it is clear, the skill buff was not enough, the rengol map design was not enough the events with class objectives was not enough..... We all know that thus the need to reiterate is not creating constructive results.

Yes we know that numerous threads with suggestions have been posted and they need to be explored.

What we dont know is why STS hasnt singled out one or two of these suggestions to futher explore their feasability.

What we dont know is why these suggestion can or cannot work for you.

What we dont know is why the slow acknowledgement of the current flaws which is teetering close to denial of of the flaws existence.

It was once mentioned that the forum is your work place, the amount of posts with constructive suggestions is far supperior than focus groups that you have to pay to even evalute the game but none of the posts were ... ' developed'

Why not expand the ideas with the dev's perspective that way making the forumers that post feel that the idea was not just ignored but read and evaluated.

Why do we push for immediate feedback and actuon from STS it is because STS is releasing contend in a good pace and such content is wasted. We dont want to waste your content.

Why do we push for change beacause we care for the longletivity of the game.

Why this needs to be addressed soon, beacuse the perception amongst players is STS doesnt want to make AL a better game. More importantly STS has to eliminate the speculation that such ways to run maps causes deaths and increases Ankh usage which increases plat sale.

It would truly benefit all ... We all know that .. Thus everyone is frustrated that nothing is being done, and if something is being done we are not being updated thus the frustration turns into rage.

Thanks for reading.

Maarkus

G-M
09-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Hi G-M
Thank you for the response.

From what you've said it is clear, the skill buff was not enough, the rengol map design was not enough the events with class objectives was not enough..... We all know that thus the need to reiterate is not creating constructive results.

Yes we know that numerous threads with suggestions have been posted and they need to be explored.

What we dont know is why STS hasnt singled out one or two of these suggestions to futher explore their feasability.

What we dont know is why these suggestion can or cannot work for you.

What we dont know is why the slow acknowledgement of the current flaws which is teetering close to denial of of the flaws existence.

It was once mentioned that the forum is your work place, the amount of posts with constructive suggestions is far supperior than focus groups that you have to pay to even evalute the game but none of the posts were ... ' developed'

Why not expand the ideas with the dev's perspective that way making the forumers that post feel that the idea was not just ignored but read and evaluated.

Why do we push for immediate feedback and actuon from STS it is because STS is releasing contend in a good pace and such content is wasted. We dont want to waste your content.

Why do we push for change beacause we care for the longletivity of the game.

Why this needs to be addressed soon, beacuse the perception amongst players is STS doesnt want to make AL a better game. More importantly STS has to eliminate the speculation that such ways to run maps causes deaths and increases Ankh usage which increases plat sale.

It would truly benefit all ... We all know that .. Thus everyone is frustrated that nothing is being done, and if something is being done we are not being updated thus the frustration turns into rage.

Thanks for reading.

Maarkus

Thanks Maarkus. Your thread has some great ideas, including the taunt over time idea you proposed.

Edward Coug
09-22-2015, 11:28 AM
Thanks Maarkus. Your thread has some great ideas, including the taunt over time idea you proposed.

I don't really understand how taunt hasn't been fixed yet. My guess is that it requires an overhaul of the taunt system. Whatever the case may be, something needs to be done. Taunt has been irrelevant for quite some time now.

I understand you tried to design the new maps to make all the classes relevant, but they are really warrior unfriendly, and it was even worse before a lot of the stuns were removed for the elites.

I'm glad you have taken a look at Maarkus's thread. It's full of great ideas. I sincerely hope that you try to implement them. Thank you for acknowledging this problem.

xnorwayx
09-22-2015, 11:35 AM
Warriors don't need buff of skills. Look at pvp.. warriors easy killing mages and rogues.. with buff there will be no chanse for rogues and mages to compete.

Mister Smith
09-22-2015, 11:41 AM
Maby buff warriors damage?

Maarkus
09-22-2015, 11:56 AM

Hi G-M,
You're welcome, and glad to hear you like the idea.
To be honest im not as 'wired' into the game as other forumers are... Why not post your 'limitations' in altering the game and maybe other forumers can brainstorm on suggestion that fit your parameters. You can even send these thru private PM
As mentioned before, the community though 'passionate' want the game to last and is a resource u can have at your disposal. I'd like to mention names but u already know them.

Lastl but not least i just wanna mention... Please do not give false hope... If you cant fix it might aswell tell us. You will be surprised at how the community can be supportive even if they are let down.

Thanks

Maarkus

hallowring
09-22-2015, 12:01 PM
Maby buff warriors damage?

+1 yeah (^u^)

Pedgon
09-22-2015, 12:37 PM
Warriors don't need buff of skills. Look at pvp.. warriors easy killing mages and rogues.. with buff there will be no chanse for rogues and mages to compete.

hummm...LOL?

Imsofancy
09-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Please stop spamming forums with these threads, If STS wants to buff warrior they will, if they notice too much of a class imbalance, they fix it. Posting numerous threads just gets a frenzy going and nothing gets done, I'm not hating, just pointing stuff out.

Midievalmodel
09-22-2015, 02:54 PM

I know the title is unclear. But the discussion seems to be focused on buffing warriors in PVE not PVP.

Midievalmodel
09-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Please stop spamming forums with these threads, If STS wants to buff warrior they will, if they notice too much of a class imbalance, they fix it. Posting numerous threads just gets a frenzy going and nothing gets done, I'm not hating, just pointing stuff out.

Its called constructive criticism. They are giving STG ideas about how to fix the problem. They are also trying to light a fire to hasten the process because the game is losing many players. It also serves as a reminder. Change doesn't happen with people sitting idly by and waiting for the big company to do something.

Kingofninjas
09-22-2015, 03:04 PM
A solution would be to give every boss an huge AoE attack that cannot be dodged, almost always 1 hits, and can only be cancelled by a warrior chest splitter.

Befs
09-22-2015, 04:32 PM

Did u even read my thread? I was saying exactly what u just did...

Imsofancy
09-22-2015, 05:14 PM
Its called constructive criticism. They are giving STG ideas about how to fix the problem. They are also trying to light a fire to hasten the process because the game is losing many players. It also serves as a reminder. Change doesn't happen with people sitting idly by and waiting for the big company to do something.

Nor does it happen when there are 20 threads all about the same subject.

Imsofancy
09-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Did u even read my thread? I was saying exactly what u just did...

Oh my, I kinda just scrolled down after I read the "I agree..." part

My apologizes

nightmaresmoke
09-22-2015, 05:34 PM

Errr buff for PVE only fyi..

Madnex
09-23-2015, 07:14 AM
The most time and effort efficient first step to solving the warrior's lack of usefulness in elites is very simple:
CS needs to cancel red zones once again.

The core issue here is that warrior's survivability is worse than rogue's whilst he's not offering enough to compensate for the damage loss of an extra party member/replacing a DD/DPS character (HoR's invuln. shield being the only one, feeble effects are too scarce). Not really due to armor difference as many suggested but primarily due to the combined effects of 50%+ dodge and Nekro's shield (which is a factor only because of its current availability). Combined with Razor Shield's added dodge or Shadow Veil's armor buff, hit% and dmg debuff there is almost nothing that a warrior can do better except from surviving certain red zone one-shots.

Markus' taunt over time idea is the second best suggestion I've seen in terms of simplicity and time needed to implement. Something must be done skill-wise, creating gear and maps doesn't suffice in the current situation unless we go to extremes (eg. add huge oaks that block the way ahead in all maps that only warrior axe can cut).

Maarkus
09-23-2015, 07:29 AM
The most time and effort efficient first step to solving the warrior's lack of usefulness in elites is very simple:

The core issue here is that warrior's survivability is worse than rogue's whilst he's not offering enough to compensate for the damage loss of an extra party member/replacing a DD/DPS character (HoR's invuln. shield being the only one, feeble effects are too scarce). Not really due to armor difference as many suggested but primarily due to the combined effects of 50%+ dodge and Nekro's shield (which is a factor only because of its current availability). Combined with Razor Shield's added dodge or Shadow Veil's armor buff, hit% and dmg debuff there is almost nothing that a warrior can do better except from surviving certain red zone one-shots.

Markus' taunt over time idea is the second best suggestion I've seen in terms of simplicity and time needed to implement. Something must be done skill-wise, creating gear and maps doesn't suffice in the current situation unless we go to extremes (eg. add huge oaks that block the way ahead in all maps that only warrior axe can cut).

This is definitely is my first choice of action to increase the warriors effectiveness in pve.

Im sure STS has read this as it has been me tioned by other warriors and even rogues in forums but for some reason they never replied to it.

Also the in reaction to an earlier complaints about warriors in PVE, STS responded by giving Skyward smash DOt and increased axe throws armor debuff but they never commented on the CS cancel wind up upgrade. Dont know why they havent commented i dont even know why they dont see this as a vialble option.

I mean if STS doesnt want it the least they can do is say 'No' officially the atleast a simple explaination why, but this as it is STS doesnt reply thus creating further frustration.

Excuses
09-23-2015, 08:15 AM
This is definitely is my first choice of action to increase the warriors effectiveness in pve.

Im sure STS has read this as it has been me tioned by other warriors and even rogues in forums but for some reason they never replied to it.

Also the in reaction to an earlier complaints about warriors in PVE, STS responded by giving Skyward smash DOt and increased axe throws armor debuff but they never commented on the CS cancel wind up upgrade. Dont know why they havent commented i dont even know why they dont see this as a vialble option.

I mean if STS doesnt want it the least they can do is say 'No' officially the atleast a simple explaination why, but this as it is STS doesnt reply thus creating further frustration.

This.

Speaking of Axe throw.
I hope AT can pull all the bosses too. So we can pull them away from other pt when we lose aggro and they head toward them.
Isn't that the point of the skill?

When its skills lost its true meaning, the class became useless.

Dimitrian
09-23-2015, 08:49 AM
Finally OMG!
Well *cough* i am for improving aggro,buffing armor,hp, making jugg like mage shield (giving invulnerability and removing any effects) and spreading VB to the entire party.
Thank you for listening.

G-M
09-23-2015, 09:50 AM
I'll talk to our design team about Chest Splitter Madnex.

One of the biggest issues I see mentioned with Warriors is that players want to run dungeons fast, and running with a Warrior is slower than running with a Rogue. Do you think that making Chest Splitter cancel wind-ups will speed up runs? Will a taunt-over-time effect speed up runs?

I could see those two things definitely resulting in fewer potions and ankhs needing to be used which would be helpful. Do you think that's enough to make it worth taking a Warrior on a run even if it will slow the run down somewhat?

Cody Black
09-23-2015, 09:55 AM

One of the biggest issues I see mentioned with Warriors is that players want to run dungeons fast, and running with a Warrior is slower than running with a Rogue. Do you think that making Chest Splitter cancel wind-ups will speed up runs? Will a taunt-over-time effect speed up runs?

I could see those two things definitely resulting in fewer potions and ankhs needing to be used which would be helpful. Do you think that's enough to make it worth taking a Warrior on a run even if it will slow the run down somewhat?

Time = money/goals
I believe it's about moving us up so we are on par. a simple debuff that lets warrior/party kill faster would be enough. The cancel wind up would be a nice add on after that.

It would be nice not to cry for once when you join a map with two rogues and they don't leave when they see a warrior.

Excuses
09-23-2015, 10:35 AM

That's why we ask more pt buff/debuff in our skills.
Vg buff or/and jugg debuff please.

And also taunt and cs cancel will help dps to focus to dealing dmg than spamming pot and moving away to survive which will result faster killing boss/mobs.
It will be different depending on boss but definitely help somewhat.

Mucsi
09-23-2015, 10:56 AM

Just add a party buff to Vengeful, like +50% dmg for 8-10secs, so the parties with a war gonna be fast and ankh saver too
Which works only at pve*

Edited

Dimitrian
09-23-2015, 11:39 AM

Warriors are still sometimes(and not very often;nearly never) used to reduce the number of deaths and ankhs used,but at the cost of having the runs being incredibly slow.
So if you could make the warriors do the runs as fast as with 4 rogues,that would be really cool.
Making the warriors holding aggro better and making VB spread to the entire pt would really be cool.
Also warriors need an armor buff,since rogues have almost reached the amount of armor a warrior has.

Thanks for reading,

Dimi(the great)trian

Maarkus
09-23-2015, 11:55 AM

Hi G-M
Thank you for taking the time to review this post of Madnex.
You have a valid point.
Though the cancell wind ups will aid in removing the red zones which in thrn will allow for less stuns within the party
and the taunts will give the dmg/dps class the freedom to do their thing, you are right, it will not massively speed up the runs.
At this point one may look into the damage and or crit percentage of warriors and that if they are increased drastically to match the damage output of rogues in PVE ... This is one solution but it brings up the issue of warriors becomming rogues. Which i think is not the direction Madnex is trying to take as he sees the calue of the individual class identity.

If such is the case then the maybe you can look at the mob debuff senarios where warrior skills massively debuff mob armor or better yet increase the stun percentage of warrior skills... I doubt any dmg/dps class would not like stunned mobs as they can prep their skills and kill quicker.

If the approach is stat... Then damage will not help but crit will... Ive tested numerous gears and even experience rogues will notice... Thier damage is one thing but its their crit damage that really hurts. But this again is making a warrior into a rogue.

Maybe:
1. CS can cancell windups-to ensure party is not affected with aoe dmg and stuns and then:
2. Taunt over time to ensure party is free to act
3. Mobs debuffs - to ensure quicker kills
4. Party buff - not sure which but who wouldnt want the extra buff ... specially since if its crit and only if its stackable stackable

This may sound like over kill but if you look at the current social climate on warriors in parties, a drastic increase is necessary to change the consensus on warrior efficientcy in pve

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Maarkus

ketoh
09-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Save warrior

Dimitrian
09-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Save warrior
Maybe the A.R.S.E.S. should make an appeal to save the endangered species called warrior lololol

Midievalmodel
09-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Nor does it happen when there are 20 threads all about the same subject.

How does this hurt the matter? Same concept of protesting....thats how important changes happen. If you haven't already noticed. Thanks to the repeated post of people who care about this game, a developer/moderator has now responded in this thread which is a very good sign.

Midievalmodel
09-23-2015, 01:18 PM

All of the fixes mentioned by Madnex are great ideas. As mentioned by madnex.....this simplest and easiest way to make warriors needed in AL is to make a requirement to have a warrior in a party with obstacles that can only be cleared by a warrior. Heck even do that for a mage as well. So now all parties must have at least one warrior and mage. Yeah yeah people will complain but they will get over it. Now all parties will be a mixed party and all classes will have a role. This takes very little effort or time. Also this will forever changed timed runs. Now a LB timed run party will need a very good warrior and a very good mage as opposed to doing the same old boring all rogue parties.

Edward Coug
09-23-2015, 01:30 PM
All of the fixes mentioned by Madnex are great ideas. As mentioned by madnex.....this simplest and easiest way to make warriors needed in AL is to make a requirement to have a warrior in a party with obstacles that can only be cleared by a warrior. Heck even do that for a mage as well. So now all parties must have at least one warrior and mage. Yeah yeah people will complain but they will get over it. Now all parties will be a mixed party and all classes will have a role. This takes very little effort or time. Also this will forever changed timed runs. Now a LB timed run party will need a very good warrior and a very good mage as opposed to doing the same old boring all rogue parties.

Warriors should be improved so that players want them in parties. They shouldn't be shoehorned in with unnatural obstacles thrown into a map. This would be a lazy fix and would really turn me off from the game.

Ardbeg
09-23-2015, 01:48 PM

that is exactly the issue with every event and every leaderboard run. while we have different leaderboards for each class in events, this still leaves warriors alone, since no rogue who runs for leaderboard want s to have a brake in the party. just one example. durinig farming events time is gold, rogues happily pay for ankhs and elixiers, but can t accept to loose loot chances with a slow party. so we need something to bring mixed parties near the speed of pure dps parties.
taunting alone is not sufficient imho, since the newer maps have such a low mob density. and we re not asking for a free run, how about adding some things like a perfectly timed charged chest splitter adds a big armor debuff, or similar mechanics. a speed run should be possible with skill, not guaranteed to make it interesting. and by implementing these things on skill level, the usual gear gap discussion is avoided.

Makneg
09-23-2015, 02:02 PM
Rouges hav dodge,crit and long range,mage have shield,crit and long range,warriors have aahhh high hp and armor they die easy..some warriors hav high damage but they cant still deal massive damage like rouges and mage coz of low crit..having a high armor is actually not much helpful coz mobs can kill u with two hits..damage reduction on warriors shud be high and could withstand many mobs while doing aggro..not too keep on taping pots just to stay alive..warriors are made to resist to endure damage to survive and tolerate attacks from enemys while protecting the party..

G-M
09-23-2015, 03:24 PM

Do you think requiring players to always run with at least two other players would be too restrictive? Ideally you'll always have at least two players running with you but realistically we can't expect that to always be the case.

Edward Coug
09-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Do you think requiring players to always run with at least two other players would be too restrictive? Ideally you'll always have at least two players running with you but realistically we can't expect that to always be the case.

I don't want to be prevented from soloing or forced to party with a warrior just to pass some stupid obstacle. I would much rather have warriors improved so they are desirable to have in parties.

Dex Scene
09-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Rouges hav dodge,crit and long range,mage have shield,crit and long range,warriors have aahhh high hp and armor they die easy..some warriors hav high damage but they cant still deal massive damage like rouges and mage coz of low crit..having a high armor is actually not much helpful coz mobs can kill u with two hits..damage reduction on warriors shud be high and could withstand many mobs while doing aggro..not too keep on taping pots just to stay alive..warriors are made to resist to endure damage to survive and tolerate attacks from enemys while protecting the party..
Warriors do need buffs in pve but I kinda disagree at the long range part.
If you know what an Axe throw can do, you would know warriors have the longest range.
But also who uses axe throw in pve apart from the boss part.

Armor does help alot.
It always did great and warriors were good until those one hit ko came. It seems to be broken when those mele attacks deals like what 1000000 Damage and results in one hit KO. This is what minimize a warrior's potency by most.

Some environments are fine with having the ability to do one hit ko but mobs and bosses shouldn't do that.

And the most obvious taunt part. Warriors can't taunt and keep agro at lots of newer stuffs . They cant taunt environmental stuffs like mushrooms n all which also be looked at.

Back in old time, the class difference was not big when mages could freeze mobs warriors could kill them solo aswel.

I hope warriors get buff but it shouldn't affect pvp. A PVE buff with some exclusive PVE skills can be given to warriors which only work in Pve just like banish freeze they work in pve and not in PVP.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Dex Scene
09-23-2015, 03:47 PM
Exactly.
We want a game where we can run with any class. Mixed class can be bonus but should be doable with any class party.
Just like Not wanting warriors in a team is something unfair, forcing people to get a warrior in the team in unfair sameway.

Can't you guys increase the mob density without affecting the lag issue? I think if you increase the mob density with unparkable mobs can help a bit. Also if the events are made on something but just bosses can help other classes. Just my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Earlingstad
09-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Warriors have a problem in pve and not pvp and as such if any alteration is made to their skill system it should be done so that it is useful in pve and does not alter pvp. The Taunt over time and CS cancelling red zones are great ideas.

That being said, maxed rogues can do it all in pve without warriors mainly because of their gear and not just because of their skills. When the gear worn by rogues is giving a rogue everything, why would she need a tank? Since the release of the Arcane Ring itself, warriors have been left out more often.

If all endgame maxed rogue gear was focused on dps only and if the gear did not make the rogue so durable (with tons of hp and armor too) that a tank is not even needed in the party for tanking, we would have had no problems. So mobs should be designed in a way that they 1 shot rogues and mages often enough or debuff hp/armor excessively to the point that they have to have tanks in the party.

Cody Black
09-23-2015, 04:23 PM
I don't want to be prevented from soloing or forced to party with a warrior just to pass some stupid obstacle. I would much rather have warriors improved so they are desirable to have in parties.

I agree, don't force us to play with other people.

Raise our damage reduction and make it where we can complete a map faster solo - if you can solo faster you will be faster in a group also. The problem is we kill too slow and we are not strong enough to survive elite monsters. If you fix that, then getting a party will be easy.

Madnex
09-23-2015, 05:42 PM

Well, part of the problem is that the elites are actually possible/faster without a tank, which kind of voids the Warrior's class strong suit. Of course, throwing in insane damage or other extreme buffs will most definitely have unwanted effects and that is why this small change is proposed as a first step.

In an ideal party environment, a tank is able to soak up most if not all of the damage. For example, he'd have a Juggernaut-like skill which would allow for immense survivability (it's a mix of two skills from -ironically- a rogue tank build, borrowing from a major pc MMORPG): 90% damage reduction for 10s, applies shield that regains 50% of the HP if the caster's HP hits zero -- only happens once per cast. CD 18s.

Of course, this skill suggestion will be relevant only after there are changes in place that will allow the tanks to properly keep aggro.

Serancha
09-23-2015, 05:48 PM

A lot of people like to solo, either as a challenge or sometimes they're playing to take a break from dealing with people. Sometimes there isn't anyone around to run with either. I don't think this would be a good thing at all.

Madnex
09-23-2015, 05:53 PM

This is probably not a feasible change at this point due to AL's relatively small population online at a time. But just to entertain the idea, the obstacles could be cleared by the other classes as well but it would require much more time.

Eg. A warrior would cut down said oak in two seconds. No warrior in party? 30 seconds and the obstacle is cleared from the other classes. Imagine 4-5 said objects in a map. And 8-10 more for the other two classes.

On a sidenote, this idea could be applied for bonus areas instead that would branch off the main path. With adequately decent rewards to be worthwhile.

Midievalmodel
09-23-2015, 06:00 PM
Warriors should be improved so that players want them in parties. They shouldn't be shoehorned in with unnatural obstacles thrown into a map. This would be a lazy fix and would really turn me off from the game.

You make a very valid point. I guess the reason I am thinking of such a radical change is because its tough to imagine STG being able to fix this issue without doing some major overhauling of the skills system which at the same time will create other unthought of imbalances that arrises with these big fixes. Also concerned that they can't make these fixes in a timely manner which would require too much of their resources. Lets pretend they fix chest splitter skill so that it is able to cancel all boss windups in maps and they increase taunt durations and effectiveness on all skills. Now what...."all rogue" parties will still happen because its still faster to run maps without warriors. In addition, the bosses in the new elites rarely one hit rogues anymore and are much weaker compared to old school bosses. So why would anyone still need a warrior? In addition low mob counts and very small leash ranges make our taunt skills even less needed. Due to serve lag and performance issues STG can't fix this aspect of the game. So now what?

Oh how about increasing warriors damage output and decreasing their skill CD so that they can cycle through high damage skills alot quicker. Oh wait then warriors will become super rogues with crazy high armor. Perhaps this wont work either. Oh hey why not just increase warriors damage a little but still be subpar to rogues....oh wait then all rogue parties are still preferred.

How about providing warriors with huge party buffs and they would really be needed in elites. That sounds like probably the most viable idea but its implications on game mechanics in terms of ease of runnning maps is unknown. What if these buffs to the party make running maps way to easy by providing overpowering buffs to the party? Because at the rate at which pets provide buffs....STG has to make the warrior buffs ridiculously high in order to feel a difference over the pets being used.

Currently the direction STG is taking with event based maps and easier elite maps that require high volume of runs to gather high volume of ingredients for farmable items is gonna make all of the changes to warriors ineffective. In addition the combination of low mob counts and small leash range due to limitations of server lag, the introduction of ankhs, and rogues having too high of armor, dodge, crit and damage makes all these small fixes to warrior not enough.

Ebezaanec
09-23-2015, 06:09 PM
I am toying around with this idea of mobs debuffing other classes.

The mobs can apply a 'drain' status effect on players which would deplete their health over time. Warriors would be immune to said effect, and their HoR would remove it from other party members.

I dislike the system of one-hits the game has embraced, so I figured this would be more viable. By running without warriors (and their heal), rogues and mages would have to focus on spamming potions to stay alive.

Now this effect won't be applied with every mob attack, but it should be frequent enough to be effective in encouraging parties with warriors.

Otahaanak
09-23-2015, 06:41 PM
Two things have been mentioned that I think have a lot to do with where we are now with Warriors. Overpowered pets with abilities once reserved for other classes, and the rise of Rogue (and now Mage) armor.

I don't see pets reverting now, but maybe it's time to get creative with pet abilities so a pet isn't preferred as a replacement for party members.

The armor disparity is huge. I switched to rogue this season and can solo just about any map I want to run (not all maps,obviously).

I think it's time to look at those two things as another place to bring warriors back into the game.
I agree with you Midi, not sure that fixing a skill and improving aggro are going to make any real difference with the current state of the game. I switched to rogue this season from mage. I bought a ring, crafted the pendant, bought Nekro, and I can solo, or tank elite Ran maps. Giving Warriors more taunt and fixing a skill s won't not change that fact. I'm not saying they shouldn't be done, I believe they should, to prepare for the next cap when the problems can be further addressed.

One other suggestion, please keep the community in the loop on what you are thinking about implementing or proposed changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midievalmodel
09-23-2015, 10:33 PM
I am gonna quote an idea that was brought up by Energizeric: He posts: "This idea has been mentioned before, but another solution is to add multi-class combinations. In Pocket Legends there were combos which required all 3 classes to use certain skills in a certain order within seconds of each other. Even while running pugs you would still end up landing some combos as it just seems to happen randomly. And with a good party that has some chemistry, it can be deadly."

This maybe a viable solution and seems to have been implemented before on previous a legend title. This is actually in a way "forcing a mixed group party". Sounds more appealing than making an obstacle that a warrior has to clear for the party to move on. But if you look at the bottom line the concept is to force a "mixed" party.

Below is link to Energizeric's original post.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?263933-STS-inadvertently-causing-ingame-Classism-in-PVE-and/page2

Jirikjurasek
09-24-2015, 12:44 AM
Maybe:
1. CS can cancell windups-to ensure party is not affected with aoe dmg and stuns and then:
2. Taunt over time to ensure party is free to act
3. Mobs debuffs - to ensure quicker kills
4. Party buff - not sure which but who wouldnt want the extra buff ... specially since if its crit and only if its stackable stackable

This may sound like over kill but if you look at the current social climate on warriors in parties, a drastic increase is necessary to change the consensus on warrior efficientcy in pve

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Maarkus

In Nordr expansion warriors were needed in elite parties even without this.

The only difference since that time are:
1) Mobs damage - mobs get far less damage than before
2) Players armor - rogues gear has too much armor value and in opposite warriors gear has too small armor value.
3) Boss normal attack - is far lower than ever before. I remember when rogue/mage canīt survive Grimnr normal attack (scaled for full party)
4) Juggernut - this skill add 500 HP since it was released. Warriors survivability with Juggernaut fall down as level go up. There has to be some scale with character level (2000 HP or more at lvl 46)
5) Nekro - has far FAR better AA than Juggernaut. Damage reduction is 40% (Jugg has 30%) and it is for whole party. With 2 Nekros all rogues party have survivability as tank (better because of dodge)

@Taunt over time: in previous expansions warriors were able to hold aggro on big amount of mobs. In combination with mages they can manage almost infinity pulls. If holding aggro is impossible on 5 mobs now, there has to be different problem:
1) new mobs ignore taunts
2) warriors are focused on damage and have incorrect skills for taunting

Warrior didnīt have any party damage buff for speed up runs. Warriors was simply needed to complete runs because warr was the only class who can survive in the group of mobs.

ketoh
09-24-2015, 04:08 AM
mmmm ... maybe now is his time we are the warrior to take this weapon to hit the enemy and the enemy stun proc :hancur:

Maarkus
09-29-2015, 11:20 AM

Any news?
Thanks

Cody Black
09-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Any news?
Thanks

Put a debuff, damage reduction, cancel wind ups on chest splitter for pve only and it would change for warriors.

MyIGNisVibing
09-30-2015, 01:56 AM
Or make tanks have 6000 armor and increase their heal to 5000 for 90 seconds and then if that isn't enough make an arcane blade that gives warriors 1000 damage and 1500 DPS.

Seriously, are we ever going to stop complaining that one class is underpowered? It really never ends with you guys. I see SEVERAL warriors in endgame that are very good and can hang with the best of rogues and mages. If you don't have top tier gear and think to yourself "well maybe if warriors were a bit stronger" simply x that out of your brain and work on obtaining some better gear.

DO NOT blame STS for this thought that runs through your mind as you run around with a blinky comparing yourself to a 3 para 10 eye rogue.

The buffs and nerfs have to stop at some point and in my opinion each class has it's own role and all of them are just about as good as they can be.

I do agree that warriors might not be the best class for pve.. But really what do you expect its a tank/support class you're not going to be doing 1000 damage and just destroying mobs..

Rogue / mage parties will always be faster due to higher damage output and better aoe damage. Maybe there is a way to give warriors a bit more aoe, but that would probably end up being overpowered in PvP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Upperbound
09-30-2015, 03:22 AM
Take war with new rengol legendary items and rogue/mage with new rengol legendary items. Thats what most of players have. Compare stats and what could they do in pve / pvp. More questions why wars need buff?
I can only hear "need dps" in GC, never heard " need war". Lucky I Am rogue ;)

Cody Black
09-30-2015, 03:56 AM
Or make tanks have 6000 armor and increase their heal to 5000 for 90 seconds and then if that isn't enough make an arcane blade that gives warriors 1000 damage and 1500 DPS.

Seriously, are we ever going to stop complaining that one class is underpowered? It really never ends with you guys. I see SEVERAL warriors in endgame that are very good and can hang with the best of rogues and mages. If you don't have top tier gear and think to yourself "well maybe if warriors were a bit stronger" simply x that out of your brain and work on obtaining some better gear.

DO NOT blame STS for this thought that runs through your mind as you run around with a blinky comparing yourself to a 3 para 10 eye rogue.

The buffs and nerfs have to stop at some point and in my opinion each class has it's own role and all of them are just about as good as they can be.

I do agree that warriors might not be the best class for pve.. But really what do you expect its a tank/support class you're not going to be doing 1000 damage and just destroying mobs..

Rogue / mage parties will always be faster due to higher damage output and better aoe damage. Maybe there is a way to give warriors a bit more aoe, but that would probably end up being overpowered in PvP.

You must play a rogue. So you're saying this game is mostly about pvp? So it's ok for the rogue class to own the leaderboards, farming, and pvp? Why are you anti-pve buff for warriors?

Lastmind
09-30-2015, 04:51 AM

How about a group crit and an absolute damage buff(which scales with damage% stat) which gets only granted if all 3 classes are present in the timezone? That might increase clearspeed without creating restriction. U could create a theme/long term event around that buff.

oekeone
09-30-2015, 05:48 AM
Lmao warrior and rogues have buff and ya still mad? ......im a mage and i think its not fair for mages to not have a single buff .....Wars have rallying cry, juggernaut and the other damage buff lol...

Befs
09-30-2015, 06:20 AM
Lmao warrior and rogues have buff and ya still mad? ......im a mage and i think its not fair for mages to not have a single buff .....Wars have rallying cry, juggernaut and the other damage buff lol...

We have had buffs, warriors have not, and we are actually wanted in most runs.

(shield and heal buff)

Also by buff they mean make the class better / more usefull / strong

Not buff skills

Ardbeg
09-30-2015, 01:34 PM

since when are you playing this game? i don t mean to offend you, but during nordr for example there was a very good balance between all roles.
now even top geared tanks are left behind by rogues *not because they lack damage*, but because with current mob density and evolved pet skills there s simply no reason for carrying a tank in a party other then friendship. i do play all roles with competitive gear and diverse geared friends and tanks currently can be replaced with very few ankhs if any in favour of faster runs and more loot chances. and i am not going for highest damage and fastest runs, but

*i want a fun team challenge and interesting party mechanics*

otherwise i would just play rogue and leave it at that.

Edward Coug
09-30-2015, 01:43 PM

Mages have a shield, which is the best self-buff in the game.

Sfubi
09-30-2015, 02:01 PM
I whipped out my lvl 41 warrior this week. He is wearing full mythic and using a glaive, all perfect strength.

I was holding my own in a map with a lvl 46 rogue in Tindirin and Rengol. I was able to stay alive and hold aggro of all the mobs, and those mobs were all red to me.

1) I can be swarmed by lvl 44+ mobs without death (few pots used, relyed on heal)
2) I can maintain majority of aggro (with a lvl 46 beastly rogue bamming the hell out of them)
3) I have not played my warrior since a few months before Rengol was released, totally out of practice.

I do not think the warriors need buffed, I think peoples attitudes and thought processes need to change.

The majority prefer all rogue parties with a mage thrown in now and again.
Reason #1 because the runs are "faster"
Reason #2 current players do not have experience with good warriors

"Good" warriors understand their purpose is to taunt/aggro all mobs, blow their healing horn, and stay alive till all is dead

Warriors are still an asset to the party and I love playing mine.
I stopped playing mine when the only parties i could get were with a bunch of other warriors.

I was taught how to play my warrior to the best advantage of the group by Midievalmodal. Although i have been a Rogue since season 1, with his teachings, I can still log on my lvl 41 warrior and be an asset to a party that is 5 levels ahead of me.

Most people only have experience with uneducated warriors. These warriors have no clue the order a mob should be killed let alone what i am talking about when i say "taunt much". Unfortunately for the warrior class, there are far to many clueless warriors out there and it gives the class a bad rep.

While playing my Rogue or my Mage, I love me some taunting warrior!

<edit> One area a warrior could be improved is dodge. A warriors dodge is very very low and I think should be upped a little. The most frustration i have in a map playing as a warrior is i get hit with every stun regarless of a mobs level. With all the stuns and slows in the Rengol maps, I need a beer after one map :)

Befs
09-30-2015, 02:16 PM
<edit> One area a warrior could be improved is dodge. A warriors dodge is very very low and I think should be upped a little.

And this folks, is what killed pl. Unbeatable dodge bears who could kill u in 2 - 3 skills

Maarkus
09-30-2015, 02:20 PM
I whipped out my lvl 41 warrior this week. He is wearing full mythic and using a glaive, all perfect strength.

I was holding my own in a map with a lvl 46 rogue in Tindirin and Rengol. I was able to stay alive and hold aggro of all the mobs, and those mobs were all red to me.

1) I can be swarmed by lvl 44+ mobs without death (few pots used, relyed on heal)
2) I can maintain majority of aggro (with a lvl 46 beastly rogue bamming the hell out of them)
3) I have not played my warrior since a few months before Rengol was released, totally out of practice.

I do not think the warriors need buffed, I think peoples attitudes and thought processes need to change.

"Good" warriors understand their purpose is to taunt/aggro all mobs, blow their healing horn, and stay alive till all is dead

I stopped playing mine when the only parties i could get were with a bunch of other warriors.

I was taught how to play my warrior to the best advantage of the group by Midievalmodal. Although i have been a Rogue since season 1, with his teachings, I can still log on my lvl 41 warrior and be an asset to a party that is 5 levels ahead of me.

Most people only have experience with uneducated warriors. These warriors have no clue the order a mob should be killed let alone what i am talking about when i say "taunt much". Unfortunately for the warrior class, there are far to many clueless warriors out there and it gives the class a bad rep.

<edit> One area a warrior could be improved is dodge. A warriors dodge is very very low and I think should be upped a little. The most frustration i have in a map playing as a warrior is i get hit with every stun regarless of a mobs level. With all the stuns and slows in the Rengol maps, I need a beer after one map :)

Hi,
I dont mean to sound rude, but from what i just read from your post.... Are you playing another game?
I say that simply beacause prominent warriors, including medivalmodel have agreed and commented on warrior inefficiency in PVE ... I mean if you think Warriors like Ardbeg and Ravagerx (which are two of the best in my opinion) which have also stated and highleted the warrior class inefficiency in PVe are not in your level then maybe your posts can make sense, oh and not to mention some of the prominent pve rogues and mages also have agreed that the warrior class is newrly obsolete in PVE.
Just a though.
Again apologies if i sound ... Sarcastic but this post in my opinion does not reflect the ingame situation.
Thanks for reading and just pls ignore if it doesnt make sense..

Maarkus

Ardbeg
09-30-2015, 03:31 PM

rally cry is not really a buff but more of a downgrade to what pets offer these days... juggernaut has a very long cd and is easily broken now in pvp. and vb, yes vb is a very useful buff, but mages compare not too bad since their latest shield buff.

Maarkus
10-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Sidelined .... Again ... Hmm ... 2 more years to go before next reply ...

Maarkus
10-02-2015, 12:28 AM
Moved but not updated

Cody Black
10-02-2015, 10:27 AM
Here we go again😕

Cody Black
10-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Bumping this

Maarkus
10-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Ignored again... Thanks for all those that tried to push for the issues to be resolved, i guess we all have to wait another year.
Until then.
Thanks
Maarkus

Ipoopsy
10-07-2015, 05:03 PM

I couldn't have said it any better.

Also, limit ankh usage is another way. (I've mentioned this on another post before) People are too dependent on ankh too much and they don't really know what "experience players" really are.

And when i mean experience players, i mean players who runs Elite and rarely dies because they know how to use their skill wisely. Not like other players who die and use ankh to revived the majority of the time.

Ardbeg
10-07-2015, 05:12 PM
I couldn't have said it any better.

Also, limit ankh usage is another way. (I've mentioned this on another post before) People are too dependent on ankh too much and they don't really know what "experience players" really are.

And when i mean experience players, i mean players who runs Elite and rarely dies because they know how to use their skill wisely. Not like other players who die and use ankh to revived the majority of the time.

did you guys ever play a rogue or run with little above average geared rogues? i run both classes on competitive gear (tank being maxed). truth is, rogues save so much time on boss without tank, this also makes up for some ankhs. add to that the increased loot chance per time and you have your answer. i do run a lot on tank with friends, because it s the only class i care for, but i don t have the illusion i m necessary as a tank anymore.

Ipoopsy
10-07-2015, 05:47 PM
did you guys ever play a rogue or run with little above average geared rogues? i run both classes on competitive gear (tank being maxed). truth is, rogues save so much time on boss without tank, this also makes up for some ankhs. add to that the increased loot chance per time and you have your answer. i do run a lot on tank with friends, because it s the only class i care for, but i don t have the illusion i m necessary as a tank anymore.

I've play ALL Classes. And i have over 30+ twink chars also, they are use mostly for xtra inventory or twink pvp.

I know what i'm talking about.

The game is already too easy with the introduction of ankh usage. That's why farming now a day is not worth it because everything that drops will be worthless too fast. Then people started to complain again about theres nothing to farm.

And the cycle repeats again....

If the majority like to farm items and make it worth their while, then STS should make it harder to obtained those items. And IMO, one example is what i just said, limit the amount of ankh usage.

Maarkus
10-07-2015, 06:01 PM
I've play ALL Classes. And i have over 30+ twink chars also, they are use mostly for xtra inventory or twink pvp.

I know what i'm talking about.

The game is already too easy with the introduction of ankh usage. That's why farming now a day is not worth it because everything that drops will be worthless too fast. Then people started to complain again about theres nothing to farm.

And the cycle repeats again....

If the majority like to farm items and make it worth their while, then STS should make it harder to obtained those items. And IMO, one example is what i just said, limit the amount of ankh usage.

Okay ... Lets say you do know what you are talking about but just step back a bit and review Ardbeg's post as your respnse is not in relation to his points

Point 1. Maxed out toon parties with experience players have verified that warriors are inefficient and it would be more practicall to have a maxed out rogue/mage rather than a maxed out warrior
Point 2. Time shaved from the run by full dps toon parties far outweighs the any/if any benefits of having a warrior in the party.
Point 3. Anks are irrelevent in skilled dps parties due to player skill and better armor/defense buff skills of dps toons

I hope this helps if not ignore it

Ipoopsy
10-07-2015, 06:08 PM
Okay ... Lets say you do know what you are talking about but just step back a bit and review Ardbeg's post as your respnse is not in relation to his points

Point 1. Maxed out toon parties with experience players have verified that warriors are inefficient and it would be more practicall to have a maxed out rogue/mage rather than a maxed out warrior
Point 2. Time shaved from the run by full dps toon parties far outweighs the any/if any benefits of having a warrior in the party.
Point 3. Anks are irrelevent in skilled dps parties due to player skill and better armor/defense buff skills of dps toons

I hope this helps if not ignore it

I understand your point very well.

Point 1-3 are all basically the same. MAX OUT TOONS.

What is the % of AL populations? Is it Max out toons, like you said, or Not Max out toons?

And the Max out toons, IMO is probably 5% give or take and then you left with the other 95%.

Think about that.

Maarkus
10-07-2015, 06:23 PM
I understand your point very well.

Point 1-3 are all basically the same. MAX OUT TOONS.

What is the % of AL populations? Is it Max out toons, like you said, or Not Max out toons?

And the Max out toons, IMO is probably 5% give or take and then you left with the other 95%.

Think about that.

If you think points 1-3 are the same then you dont understand the points very well and i need not entertain your comments on them.

Regarding testing at maxed out toons... If the maps are meant to handle maxed out toons will you then test them with none maxed out toons? Unless you think the maps are just meant to handle medium geared toon then if that is the case why are maxed out toon still put in place? Might aswell have everyone in medium gear. Also dont forget devs tests maps with god like attributes to check map efficiency ( how this is proven? Some devs tested maps and broke the time records) - makes sense now? If not then i cant really comment on your comprehension.

Cody Black
10-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Still hard to find a group for elite in the guild.

Warriors can't take damage and even using bonesaw with damage elix it's not even close to a rogue at all.

50% dodge and insane amount of crit. You've broke the system. Why do you think there's a million rogues everywhere.

Not even a reply. At least I'm not spending plat anymore if you can't even answer this thread.

Maarkus
10-19-2015, 03:57 PM
29days upon post

STS has commented but has not taken notable action

P.S. Just keepng track

Madnex
10-20-2015, 10:15 AM
They did allow CS to interrupt most if not all of the mobs' red zones in Ren maps.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/600/its-something.jpg

Domestically
10-20-2015, 03:17 PM
I say give warriors a DOT skill, or add it to taunt. Similar to sorcerers curse, every time the warrior is hit when skill is active, mobs take 25% or so of the damage they dealt to the warrior.

Areef
10-20-2015, 10:39 PM
First of all this will be all about PVE, I cannot speak about PVP, as in order to avoid dramas I categorically don't take place in PVP side of AL.

about PVE, as a warrior from my point of view , they need to fix 2 things on warrior and that will do MOST of it without need of buffing anything;

1- what I notice is we get most dmg from mobs/bosses because we cannot target them correctly, this fails so considerable times like 2 of my 5 hits go to air or hitting mob but giving no dmg,
I am standing, not moving but auto-target fails many times, while I am moving hitting is just nearly impossible.
I understand and accepted that (not a bug but by design thing :) )
You can observe this problem in popular PUG maps like KM3 very clearly. As a result of this mechanics problem, mobs living longer, we live lesser :)

2- Other weakness to fix is Skyward Smash skill hits crates other objects while enemy is fighting you,
it is like "Hey buddy, wait , timeout, I need to crash some crates for no reason, as a part of my therapy, then we will continue", funny though :D

Shortly, If they improve accuracy & fix skyward smash skill, will make most warriors happy.

Of course this is not all but big part, second part is only valid for NEAR-DECENT GEARED players like me, armor is a big lack.
Health without armor makes us birdies in front of bosses, Q key diggers like rogues :) ,
Getting your armor over 2600-2700 without a pet (armor pets have big trade-offs AFAIK) is just impossible (even with 3000 armor I am suspicious if we can survive, though), So they need to scale bosses to stop one hit kills like boss in jagged trails, alargan etc. in normal maps
(I am with 7500+ health 2300 armor, 600dmg cannot solo any elites starting from nordr unless I agree to spend pots like water, even this cannot help most of times like in planar maps, so at endgame I still don't have planar pendant yet)
Enemies have some other tricks too,
like two healers/hypnotizers with 3 orcs in cryogem mines (formula of immortality, lol :D), or at joint point in the same map 2 even 3 trolls together beating you same time to make warrior juice :D

Maarkus
10-28-2015, 08:05 PM
5weeks pass... 5cmments by STS on 'maybes... Will look into it' but no clear statement or action taken by STS

Robhawk
10-29-2015, 05:37 AM
5weeks pass... 5cmments by STS on 'maybes... Will look into it' but no clear statement or action taken by STS

Do you remember all the kershal threads? What happened ? Ok... :witless:

Maarkus
10-29-2015, 08:50 AM
Do you remember all the kershal threads? What happened ? Ok... :witless:

I do remember @@ so based on that i guess 91 weeks to go for this thread ... Lolz

Maarkus
11-04-2015, 03:24 PM
44 days with out a relevant reply for actions to be taken by sts

Legallyblonde
11-05-2015, 01:12 AM
inb4 Arcane Legends is dying and STS releases a new Legends MMO

Alwarez
12-02-2017, 10:20 AM
After watching my rogue being useless in farming during last 2 expansions, I'm asking for a rogue buff.

If it worked 2 years ago for tank, then why not for rogues?