PDA

View Full Version : How to counter a nekro rogue at endgame

Robhawk
09-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Dear STS edit: and all players ;),

please tell me one way to counter a rogue using nekro? They are imune to every sort of stun or panic, they will get any dropped packs... As a mage nekros aa doesnt even protect from ONE aimed shot...

So tell me 1 way to counter that?

The answer is: There is no way to counter that, none! When the rogue cant be stunned/panic/terrified its just gg...So its obviously a design fault?

Visiting
09-22-2015, 12:43 PM
If you can't surivive, possibly try going for a gear setup that focuses on armor/hp whole sacrificing damage?

Edward Coug
09-22-2015, 01:08 PM

please tell me one way to counter a rogue using nekro? They are imune to every sort of stun or panic, they will get any dropped packs... As a mage nekros aa doesnt even protect from ONE aimed shot...

The answer is: There is no way to counter that, none! When the rogue cant be stunned/panic/terrified its just gg...So its obviously a design fault?

Just to clarify, you aren't saying that you are being one-shotted through a Nekro shield, are you?

Robhawk
09-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Just to clarify, you aren't saying that you are being one-shotted through a Nekro shield, are you?

Well if not 1 shoted then 1 combod, this is nearly the same.

@Visiting: You cant tank a rogue as a mage, this build wont work because you give up so much damage that you couldnt kill the rogue even when she run out of mana lol.

@avikk: The rogues i play at tdm are impossible, its the same if shield or nekro, im dead within 5 or 6 seconds. Try f.e. roguechiha (imho the best tdm rogue at the moment and also a fair sportsman) or theconan. You wont win a single fight on a run to 20! Even the rouges i wrecked before nekro lol at me now... its just ridiculous and the nekro rogues that i can kill are true nabs that dont know anything about pvp.

ps: I guess tdm is harder against rogues then ctf because of ctf damage reduction which actually doesnt apply at tdm?!?

Anyway... my former best matchup vs rogues is now another weak one like vs warrior, lol.

The only real chance for the mage is to deny the rogue getting the packs but how do you want to do that when nothing stuns her? No fireball, no gale, no pet? This is the other way around when the mage could stunlock with fb, ice and gale + pet without stun immunity... The only real mage weapon is gone, the stun.

Mylast
09-22-2015, 04:00 PM
ps: I guess tdm is harder against rogues then ctf because of ctf damage reduction which actually doesnt apply at tdm.

O.o debuff is everywhere

Alhuntrazeck
09-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Nekro shield for rogues > Nekro shield for mages. It's just the way the wind blows lol.

I'd suggest going no stun skills. Shield, charge light, ice, heal when HP drops low (for an under geared mage like me, that is immediately after invulnerability finishes...) and use Nekro AA. If you have gear on par to the rogue's, you have about a 75% chance to win. If its lesser gear...more like 10%.

Eldorado
09-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Nekro shield for rogues > Nekro shield for mages. It's just the way the wind blows lol.

I'd suggest going no stun skills. Shield, charge light, ice, heal when HP drops low (for an under geared mage like me, that is immediately after invulnerability finishes...) and use Nekro AA. If you have gear on par to the rogue's, you have about a 75% chance to win. If its lesser gear...more like 10%.
Agree with this or battle in group since mage strength is more in team battle. Even undergeared rouge will have a hard time winning in a full geared once. So don't expect to counter them being under gear. Same with other class.

Robhawk
09-23-2015, 03:16 AM

Hey pro ;)

I never thought of playing with only 2 attack skills in a vs rogue, it was allways like -> ice, light, gale/fb + shield... but i will give it a try! ty!

Robhawk
09-23-2015, 03:19 AM
Agree with this or battle in group since mage strength is more in team battle.

Before nekro it was a different story! I could kill many rogues with better gear then me...

Even undergeared rouge will have a hard time winning in a full geared once. So don't expect to counter them being under gear. Same with other class.

Thats true, sadly. Without good gear there is no need to even enter pvp...

Oursizes
09-23-2015, 05:34 AM
Well if not 1 shoted then 1 combod, this is nearly the same.

@Visiting: You cant tank a rogue as a mage, this build wont work because you give up so much damage that you couldnt kill the rogue even when she run out of mana lol.

@avikk: The rogues i play at tdm are impossible, its the same if shield or nekro, im dead within 5 or 6 seconds. Try f.e. roguechiha (imho the best tdm rogue at the moment and also a fair sportsman) or theconan. You wont win a single fight on a run to 20! Even the rouges i wrecked before nekro lol at me now... its just ridiculous and the nekro rogues that i can kill are true nabs that dont know anything about pvp.

ps: I guess tdm is harder against rogues then ctf because of ctf damage reduction which actually doesnt apply at tdm?!?

Anyway... my former best matchup vs rogues is now another weak one like vs warrior, lol.

The only real chance for the mage is to deny the rogue getting the packs but how do you want to do that when nothing stuns her? No fireball, no gale, no pet? This is the other way around when the mage could stunlock with fb, ice and gale + pet without stun immunity... The only real mage weapon is gone, the stun.

The stub is not gone i assure you. If the person uses nekro shield after getting hit by fireball they will still be stunned, so please stop trying to mislead.

Robhawk
09-23-2015, 06:41 AM
The stub is not gone i assure you. If the person uses nekro shield after getting hit by fireball they will still be stunned, so please stop trying to mislead.

Dude, every normal skilled rogue activates Nekro AA before the fight begins and now go trolling somewhere else!

Sorry for being that noob.

What damagae reduction in CTF ?

I quote Zeus here: "• Rogue's Damage % boosts do not work in CTF due to a damage percent nerf to rogues in CTF."

So chances against rogues in ctf are better then tdm...

Endkey 2.0
09-23-2015, 06:43 AM
Wish i could thank the same posts more than once. Nekro is a pet with only one weakness..and thats the cooldown. Every pet before that, arcane or not has had its weaknesses. STS do something about it :)

Robhawk
09-23-2015, 06:56 AM
I faced you yesterday when you were ganging me and honestly, you hardly knew what you were even doing

You speak about the 2on2 where i played with Xphonvanz ( warrior) and you played with Tthhor (warrior) ? The game were you just attacked in rambo style and got beaten badly and left after farming some death? I see... that was a 2on2 gang then... :stupid:

Just because you have gears doesnt mean you deserve to automatically survive more

A have a legendary gun l46, no imbued helmet/armor... that is gears? LOL!

Oursizes
09-23-2015, 06:59 AM
You speak about the 2on2 where i played with Xphonvanz ( warrior) and you played with Tthhor (warrior) ? The game were you just attacked in rambo style and got beaten badly and left after farming some death? I see... that was a 2on2 gang then... :stupid:

A have a legendary gun l46, no imbued helmet/armor... that is gears? LOL!

But you didnt take ss before that match where we were outnumbered? And i left because my teammate did not know how to attack or heal. No use playing a 1v2. I still remember those 3v5 matches where you always stacked against my team and then ran.

kinzmet
09-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Well I'm not STS, but I would agree with you Rob. Right now, sorcerer class can't compete in 1v1 against equally geared nekro rogue.
Doing some tricks to win, I tried two gear build. One defensive type build to stall while the nekro shield is on, then quickly change to damage build gear via loadout when the nekro shield is about to break. I sometimes win but most of the time I still lose specially when the rogues have two gear builds too.

Robhawk
09-23-2015, 07:17 AM
Well I'm not STS, but I would agree with you Rob. Right now, sorcerer class can't compete in 1v1 against equally geared nekro rogue.
Doing some tricks to win, I tried two gear build. One defensive type build to stall while the nekro shield is on, then quickly change to damage build gear via loadout when the nekro shield is about to break. I sometimes win but most of the time I still lose specially when the rogues have two gear builds too.

Hey bro, the idea of gear switching while fighting is new to me but it is an interesting new aspect! Since i have only 1 good item per gear slot i don`t need to switch something because there is nothing better. ;)

l46 Boulder Barrel of Brut (2 reinforced glacials)
l46 Supreme Hat of Lethality (2 eyes, thx Dbl bro;) )
l43 Slaterock Robe (3 standard minds)
l43 Bonecrusher brawn (3 standard minds)
l41 Rendtail`s Ring (3 reinforced glacials)
l41 Ancient Planar Pendant (3 standard minds)

Endkey 2.0
09-23-2015, 07:28 AM
Talk about changing clothes while fighting irl...so lame..funny part is that none of the nekro users want nekro to get nerfed..but instead they want the non-nekro users to go at extremes to counter it

Robhawk
09-23-2015, 07:32 AM
Talk about changing clothes while fighting irl...so lame..funny part is that none of the nekro users want nekro to get nerfed..but instead they want the non-nekro users to go at extremes to counter it

As we both know there is no way to stun/panic a rogue under Nekro's AA... The only way to counter is outgear with 1500 damage and 80% crit and then fireball/ice/clock DOT will do the job. :single_eye: The rogue has to give up nekro then and switch to nilbog... Then i switch clock for light and its gg again! :frog:

Endkey 2.0
09-23-2015, 07:38 AM
As we both know there is no way to stun/panic a rogue under Nekro's AA... The only way to counter is outgear with 1500 damage and 80% crit and then fireball/ice/clock DOT will do the job. :single_eye: The rogue has to give up nekro then and switch to nilbog... Then i switch clock for light and its gg again! :frog:

dont u think it sucks that there is NO weakness..except that ur better geared than ur opponent..

Robhawk
09-23-2015, 07:41 AM
dont u think it sucks that there is NO weakness..except that ur better geared than ur opponent..

Its just annoying to know anything you will try will fail because of game design mistakes, except you are a rogue... ;)

Since im a pvp type of player since i started playing back in Duke Nukem 3D times, i just ask myself why i chose AL-mage... The chances were pretty good to get 1 toon with good pvp capabilities, but no... i took the mage - lol! ;)

Endkey 2.0
09-23-2015, 07:45 AM
Its just annoying to know anything you will try will fail because of game design mistakes, except you are a rogue... ;)

Since im a pvp type of player since i started playing back in Duke Nukem 3D times, i just ask myself why i chose AL-mage... The chances were pretty good to get 1 toon with good pvp capabilities, but no... i took the mage - lol! ;)

as a rogue myself..who goes into pvp when in the mood...i basically get rekt by people who i used to easily kill before...and that ruins my mood...so i dont think that class makes any diff..nekros are overall op

glendame
09-23-2015, 07:47 AM
Roby!!! sup? XD

Robhawk
09-23-2015, 07:49 AM
as a rogue myself..who goes into pvp when in the mood...i basically get rekt by people who i used to easily kill before...and that ruins my mood...so i dont think that class makes any diff..nekros are overall op

Well i sign that although nekro helps rogues far more then any other class. ;)

Endkey 2.0
09-23-2015, 07:57 AM
Well i sign that although nekro helps rogues far more then any other class. ;)

true dat....

Robhawk
09-23-2015, 07:57 AM
Roby!!! sup? XD

Suuup nab! ;)

ps: Ask Glend about his best support pet... its me! lol! ;)

kinzmet
09-23-2015, 08:28 AM
Hey bro, the idea of gear switching while fighting is new to me but it is an interesting new aspect! Since i have only 1 good item per gear slot i don`t need to switch something because there is nothing better. ;)

l46 Boulder Barrel of Brut (2 reinforced glacials)
l46 Supreme Hat of Lethality (2 eyes, thx Dbl bro;) )
l43 Slaterock Robe (3 standard minds)
l43 Bonecrusher brawn (3 standard minds)
l41 Rendtail`s Ring (3 reinforced glacials)
l41 Ancient Planar Pendant (3 standard minds)

Its one of the most expensive tactics in PvP, I won't be surprised if its un-popular. Also it requires fast and accurate hands to be successful (means a lots of practice).
Although back in the pet-resummoning days this tactics comes hand-in-hand with macro shortcuts. But nowadays only few uses it. Your gears and jewels are great, but the idea on the gear switching is to make two or more sets with different strategy in mind. While I personaly go for two types, the defensive STR/ARMOR type and the offensive INT/CRIT type which cost a lots of golds.

Using your set as example, but using STR fury jewels instead to prolong the Arcane shield life and highier health. The main purpose is to stall the rogue while she have nekro shield.
Then switch to another gear set with INT mind jewels along with those para gems to quickly kill the rogue while nekro's AA is in cooldown.

I'll have to admit its difficult to do in the endgame, I play using this trick. But its very useful in the twinks.

In the end... once the rogue stacks 2 or more Aimshots, its the end for the sorcerer.

Robhawk
09-23-2015, 09:01 AM
Its one of the most expensive tactics in PvP, I won't be surprised if its un-popular. Also it requires fast and accurate hands to be successful (means a lots of practice).
Although back in the pet-resummoning days this tactics comes hand-in-hand with macro shortcuts. But nowadays only few uses it. Your gears and jewels are great, but the idea on the gear switching is to make two or more sets with different strategy in mind. While I personaly go for two types, the defensive STR/ARMOR type and the offensive INT/CRIT type which cost a lots of golds.

Using your set as example, but using STR fury jewels instead to prolong the Arcane shield life and highier health. The main purpose is to stall the rogue while she have nekro shield.
Then switch to another gear set with INT mind jewels along with those para gems to quickly kill the rogue while nekro's AA is in cooldown.

I'll have to admit its difficult to do in the endgame, I play using this trick. But its very useful in the twinks.

In the end... once the rogue stacks 2 or more Aimshots, its the end for the sorcerer.

Very interesting to read, thanks!

Cursebaby
09-23-2015, 09:39 AM

Ur undergeared? Lies xD

Dex Scene
09-23-2015, 12:40 PM
I quote Zeus here: "• Rogue's Damage % boosts do not work in CTF due to a damage percent nerf to rogues in CTF."

So chances against rogues in ctf are better then tdm...

When the damage nerf for rogues was introduced, it was that way. Now the damage nerfing is in both CTF and TDM.
Rogues have huge damage nerfed in any PVP arena.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Oursizes
09-23-2015, 12:47 PM

Its quite easy to counter nekro in ctf. Stay at the bottom so you have the better angle. When they use aa, run away for 10s then kill them. This is the same tactic i used before tons of nekros and even still now when theyre better geared than me. Sure they will say youre a runner, but its all about strategy. If i know i can farm a better feared rogue than me(Daisystar for example), then I too will use aa and then rush them.

Mylast
09-23-2015, 12:58 PM

I agree on that. All pro twinks have few sets. I used hp set, dmg set and mana regen set.

All of these sets would be extremly expensive in endgame.

Kingofninjas
09-23-2015, 05:35 PM
I just recently geared up a mage and started playing, and I don't even have nekro, yet I manage to go 50-50 with a lot of nekro rogues, including roguechiha. Yes, I do have a para, yes I have eyes, but I can hold my own if they don't catch me on CD, despite the fact that I am using a toor against their nekro. There are subtle tricks a mage can use to put itself in an advantageous position, even in a winning one. If you don't know those, I suggest u either stop PvPing (and hence these whiny threads) or speak to someone who does. Arrypotta is a beast at vs rogues, and voorg is unparalleled in clashes. All that I know about playing mage came from talking to arry and watching the two of them clash.

Mylast
09-23-2015, 06:03 PM
Lmao. That was kinda harsh.

But i agree. Im only affraid to vs a skilled mage. Who knows how to use his combo.

Mylast
09-23-2015, 06:09 PM
Mages are best in clashes btw. Their role is to control crowd and support team. Not to win a vs against rogue.

KnowledgeFTW
09-23-2015, 07:10 PM
Ofc rouges will kill you. They're masters at 1v1. My advice is just to be skilled and maxed out geared. Btw i know many mages and warriors that have completely rekt maxed out geared rouges in PvP. I used to complain too but now after realizing it i don't. :P

Arrowz
09-24-2015, 01:06 AM

How to counter making countless threads about class imbalance: make a rogue

glendame
09-24-2015, 02:50 AM
Suuup nab! ;)

ps: Ask Glend about his best support pet... its me! lol! ;)

"support pet" xD

Robhawk
09-24-2015, 02:52 AM
First off let me say that you shouldn't be comparing yourself to rogues with para gems and a mythic weapon. Not only are u unskilled, but you are also undergeared.

Can you grow up at least a bit and stop that nonsense? I mean you confirmed im under geared, so its not bad isn't it?

You want prove ? OK !

I just recently geared up a mage and started playing, and I don't even have nekro, yet I manage to go 50-50 with a lot of nekro rogues, including roguechiha. Yes, I do have a para, yes I have eyes, but I can hold my own if they don't catch me on CD, despite the fact that I am using a toor against their nekro.

Just tell me the ign of your mage, i will arrange a vs roguechiha / theconan. I / we want to see that! Then you can show your immense skills as a mage! You can show me (36454 tdm kills / 27984 tdm death -> obviously unskilled) how to crush the nekro rogues! I will record it and post it here, so the whole community can see how goooooooooooodddd yyoouu aarree !

Lets do this today! Its not about talking anymore, PROVE !!! You don't even need to gear down to my setup, just take your para/eye gear and run to 20 at tdm! :frog:

Oursizes
09-24-2015, 05:16 AM
I mean you confirmed im under geared, so its not bad isn't it?

You want prove ? OK !

Just tell me the ign of your mage, i will arrange a vs roguechiha / theconan. I / we want to see that! Then you can show your immense skills as a mage! You can show me (36454 tdm kills / 27984 tdm death -> obviously unskilled) how to crush the nekro rogues! I will record it and post it here, so the whole community can see how goooooooooooodddd yyoouu aarree !

Lets do this today! Its not about talking anymore, PROVE !!! You don't even need to gear down to my setup, just take your para/eye gear and run to 20 at tdm! :frog:

You have eyes, do you not? And you have a nekro, while kingofninjas does not. Half of your ss show undergeared/less geared players, or players with no tank stacked on other team. Looks like you never take ss of when you get farmed?

Robhawk
09-24-2015, 05:45 AM
/delete

reason: Its not worth it to answer Oursizes.

kinzmet
09-24-2015, 09:20 AM
Can you grow up at least a bit and stop that nonsense? I mean you confirmed im under geared, so its not bad isn't it?

You want prove ? OK !

First off let me say that you shouldn't be comparing yourself to rogues with para gems and a mythic weapon. Not only are u unskilled, but you are also undergeared.

I just recently geared up a mage and started playing, and I don't even have nekro, yet I manage to go 50-50 with a lot of nekro rogues, including roguechiha. Yes, I do have a para, yes I have eyes, but I can hold my own if they don't catch me on CD, despite the fact that I am using a toor against their nekro. There are subtle tricks a mage can use to put itself in an advantageous position, even in a winning one. If you don't know those, I suggest u either stop PvPing (and hence these whiny threads) or speak to someone who does. Arrypotta is a beast at vs rogues, and voorg is unparalleled in clashes. All that I know about playing mage came from talking to arry and watching the two of them clash.

Wow, I would love to see this video/s on how to counter nekro-rogues with 50-50 chance. Please upload, we'll be waiting so we can learn it too.

NOTE: This is not sarcasm, I really wanted to see and learn it.

Kingofninjas
09-24-2015, 09:40 AM

Lets do this today! Its not about talking anymore, PROVE !!! You don't even need to gear down to my setup, just take your para/eye gear and run to 20 at tdm! :frog:[/QUOTE]

Wow! A bunch of ss from last cap makes you so pro! I don't mind trying however, even without my nekro. At least I am willing to try and learn, unlike you.

My mage is depressions. I don't get much time to play but when I do I will pm roguechiha for sure.

A race to 20 wouldn't be an accurate judge of the vs because pretty much every vs after one I win will be me without shield.

kinzmet
09-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Wow! A bunch of ss from last cap makes you so pro! I don't mind trying however, even without my nekro. At least I am willing to try and learn, unlike you, who cries non stop on forums.

My mage is depressions. I don't get much time to play but when I do I will pm roguechiha for sure.

A race to 20 wouldn't be an accurate judge of the vs because pretty much every vs after one I win will be me without shield.

Please post the vid :)
I'm sure it will be an awesome match! Good luck!

Kingofninjas
09-24-2015, 09:45 AM
Wow, I would love to see this video/s on how to counter nekro-rogues with 50-50 chance. Please upload, we'll be waiting so we can learn it too.

NOTE: This is not sarcasm, I really wanted to see and learn it.

I don't take the game seriously enough to ever record anything, but I can give you a few of the tricks I use.

Note: An undergeared rogue vs undergeared mage will always go to the rogue. You need to be a maxed out mage with at least 900 damage and 30 crit, ideally 5.5k hp for this to work against a similarly maxed out rogue.

Some of the tricks I use is to hold shield just long enough to absorb the damage of the first aimed shot. That way they are on CD and that gives you a 2 second window to take em out. Voorg IMO does this the best in game. Make them think they can drop you with a quick aimed, then pop shield at the last second (need good ping for this to work). Another trick I use is to fight as far away from packs as possible. There is absolutely no reason to be anywhere near packs, unless you wanna die. The purpose of this is to force the rogue to choose between a high damage skill (sp) or packs.

Add depressions in game maybe we can run together and I can show you what I mean.

Just let me know it is you as I don't accept random friend requests.

Edit: Never use heal. Fireball, light, ice is the way to go always.

mikejee
09-24-2015, 12:06 PM
I played endgame mage for a bit and it wasn't that hard to counter rogue depending on skills and play style. If you can get your dmg high enough to force them to pierce you then use that to your advantage. If not try to save your nekro until the last second when their nekro shield goes off since most rogues will use their nekro before a fight so that gives you at least 3-4 seconds advantage on them. There's a few tactics that can work but max vs max it will be a hard fight

Robhawk
09-24-2015, 12:11 PM
Wow! A bunch of ss from last cap makes you so pro! I don't mind trying however, even without my nekro. At least I am willing to try and learn, unlike you, who cries non stop on forums.

I tried enough, be sure about that!

Oh really? A mage on shield cooldown is dead? Zzzzzzzzz thats just another ridiculous advantage rogues have, just get a mana pack and ready to go again...

I don't take the game seriously

More then 1500 postings on games forum in less then 1,5 years tell me something else.

but I can give you a few of the tricks I use.

The first time i give you credits for trying to share something usefull instead of insult!

Note: An undergeared rogue vs undergeared mage will always go to the rogue. You need to be a maxed out mage with at least 900 damage and 30 crit, ideally 5.5k hp for this to work against a similarly maxed out rogue.

Aha... what did i speak about in all my threads that you call cry threads when you confirm a mage needs to be maxed out to be competetive? lol... Also i can tell you that 30% crit is not enough, the maxed out mages have 50% or close to that with around 1000 damage! I have 860 damage and 31% crit its not enough to 1 combo a rogue...

Some of the tricks I use is to hold shield just long enough to absorb the damage of the first aimed shot.

True but impossible for me because permanent lag/ping spikes playing from germany on us servers. That is no option with ping beyond 200 and spikes up to 6k...

That way they are on CD and that gives you a 2 second window to take em out. Voorg IMO does this the best in game.

How do you want to kill a rogue in just 2 seconds with 3 attack skills? This is only possible with 2 lucky crits out of 3 or its gg...

Make them think they can drop you with a quick aimed, then pop shield at the last second (need good ping for this to work).

See above about ping...

Another trick I use is to fight as far away from packs as possible. There is absolutely no reason to be anywhere near packs, unless you wanna die. The purpose of this is to force the rogue to choose between a high damage skill (sp) or packs.

Thats true and i have to say i did that wrong for a very long time...

Packs are the only thing i ever could kill rogues because of a mixture of bad gear and bad ping. Its impossible to get the timing which is needed to wait with shield to release. I mean its not that i dont know when it would be the best moment, its that i dont know what exact delay i got at the moment... is it a half second or 1 or 3 ? Impossible!

You should think about the fact, that ppl playing from around the world have a huuuuuuuugee connection disadvantage and the few minutes i get a real connection i perform 100 times better then normal but that is 1 out of 50 hours game play...

Edit: Never use heal. Fireball, light, ice is the way to go always.

Imho it can be usefull even against rogues like Alhunt said but only the normal to under geared rogues. The maxed out just smash anything in no time!

Roninmoro
09-24-2015, 01:10 PM
If we can't keep it civil I'll have to close this thread. I know PvP can get really heated, but I'd appreciate if we can watch the tone in here. Cleaning up a few posts as well!

Kingofninjas
09-24-2015, 05:42 PM
I tried enough, be sure about that!

Oh really? A mage on shield cooldown is dead? Zzzzzzzzz thats just another ridiculous advantage rogues have, just get a mana pack and ready to go again...

More then 1500 postings on games forum in less then 1,5 years tell me something else.

The first time i give you credits for trying to share something usefull instead of insult!

Aha... what did i speak about in all my threads that you call cry threads when you confirm a mage needs to be maxed out to be competetive? lol... Also i can tell you that 30% crit is not enough, the maxed out mages have 50% or close to that with around 1000 damage! I have 860 damage and 31% crit its not enough to 1 combo a rogue...

True but impossible for me because permanent lag/ping spikes playing from germany on us servers. That is no option with ping beyond 200 and spikes up to 6k...

How do you want to kill a rogue in just 2 seconds with 3 attack skills? This is only possible with 2 lucky crits out of 3 or its gg...

See above about ping...

Thats true and i have to say i did that wrong for a very long time...

Packs are the only thing i ever could kill rogues because of a mixture of bad gear and bad ping. Its impossible to get the timing which is needed to wait with shield to release. I mean its not that i dont know when it would be the best moment, its that i dont know what exact delay i got at the moment... is it a half second or 1 or 3 ? Impossible!

You should think about the fact, that ppl playing from around the world have a huuuuuuuugee connection disadvantage and the few minutes i get a real connection i perform 100 times better then normal but that is 1 out of 50 hours game play...

Imho it can be usefull even against rogues like Alhunt said but only the normal to under geared rogues. The maxed out just smash anything in no time!

Most of the post was not directed at you. It was directed at someone willing to learn. Anyhow, I manage to combo rogues with ease with 36 crit (without nekro shield). I do have significantly more damage than you, but that is due to lack of para, which not that many players have anyways.

Austella
09-24-2015, 08:35 PM
LOOL

.... that is all i have to say :)

Ophelia
09-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Now imagine a rogue without nekro going up against one with a nekro... #fml

glendame
09-25-2015, 12:37 AM
i like vs'ing a mage with nekro when i had no nekro yet and still...xD

but there are a few good mages out there maybe less than .01% of the population of the mages (who knows how to gear up and get the right combo/s) who can keep up with the very best rogues in vs.

just a nab's opinion though. xD

glendame
09-25-2015, 01:00 AM
i like vs'ing a mage with nekro when i had no nekro yet and still...

Robhawk
09-25-2015, 05:25 AM
(who knows how to gear up and get the right combo/s) who can keep up with the very best rogues in vs.

The knowledge alone isn't enough. I can exactly tell you which gear i want:

Elondrian gun
imbued of force helm
imbued of force armor
Belt Brawn
Arcane ring
Planar pendant

Im fine when all items have following gems: 1 para, 2 eyes, the legendary items are fine with just 2 EYEs. ;) So i know exactly what i wont but don't have the gold to buy it. :stupid:

Even with my current setup replacing all current gems with eyes would be: 202 STR, 194 DEX, 700 INT, 46% crit. So give me 14 EYE`s, they add 42 STR, 42 DEX and 14,4 crit;)

i like vs'ing a mage with nekro when i had no nekro yet and still...xD

Nekro doesn't help a mage that much against good geared rogues that don't have nekro... its like absorbing 1 aimed shot with health drop to 20% ... So nekro AA is gone with 1 shot and you need to cast mage shield. The only good thing about a rogue without nekro is the ability to stun/panic her to prevent the packs. Thats the chance to win for the mage.

Edward Coug
09-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Oh really? A mage on shield cooldown is dead? Zzzzzzzzz thats just another ridiculous advantage rogues have, just get a mana pack and ready to go again

He's talking about a mage without nekro vs. a rogue with nekro. A mage with nekro would have another shield ready to go. A rogue without nekro wouldn't have a shield either (and has no damage reduction shield at all).

Just curious. Is there going to be a part 2 for this thread that talks about how OP mages with Nekros are in clashes? Or are we just going to stick to one on ones, which is what rogues are designed for and really should excel at?

Bunny♥
09-25-2015, 10:46 AM
agree with king, its 50-50. I cant kill a super geared rogue using my mage(since my mage isnt overly geared as well) however if a rogue doesnt know what he/shes doing then a mage can possible kill him. But I have no match on rogues with knowledge and gears, its a gg.

Robhawk
09-25-2015, 01:26 PM
He's talking about a mage without nekro vs. a rogue with nekro. A mage with nekro would have another shield ready to go. A rogue without nekro wouldn't have a shield either (and has no damage reduction shield at all).

Or are we just going to stick to one on ones, which is what rogues are designed for and really should excel at?

You, like many others that dont really understand the meaning of class balance, play this game not long enough! The class balance in terms of mage > rogue in a vs was just fine until nekro was released. This pet is the ultimate game changing item that just break the balance and no nekro doesnt help a mage as much as a rogue. I tried to explain that so often but once again: Nekro gives a rogue a pretty good shield although a shield is a mage skill and other classes should not get it! Its like the curse on a warriors weapon some time ago... rogues and Warriors get the mage`s skill which makes the mage class weaker! The weak point when the rogue faces the mage is the need to get the packs to survive. On the other hand the strength of the mage is the possibility to prevent the rogue from picking the packs with f.e. with a charged fireball. In the past the crucial point in a mage vs rogue was the point when the rogue dropped the packs! When the rogue gets the packs the mage lost, when the mage could deny the packs the mage won! Nekro just makes any sort of stun impossible and that is the reason why nekro breaks balance... it is impossible to deny the rogue packs.

Imho Nekro shouldnt do stun immunity in pvp, problem solved!

Edward Coug
09-25-2015, 04:20 PM
You, like many others that dont really understand the meaning of class balance, play this game not long enough! The class balance in terms of mage > rogue in a vs was just fine until nekro was released. This pet is the ultimate game changing item that just break the balance and no nekro doesnt help a mage as much as a rogue. I tried to explain that so often but once again: Nekro gives a rogue a pretty good shield although a shield is a mage skill and other classes should not get it! Its like the curse on a warriors weapon some time ago... rogues and Warriors get the mage`s skill which makes the mage class weaker! The weak point when the rogue faces the mage is the need to get the packs to survive. On the other hand the strength of the mage is the possibility to prevent the rogue from picking the packs with f.e. with a charged fireball. In the past the crucial point in a mage vs rogue was the point when the rogue dropped the packs! When the rogue gets the packs the mage lost, when the mage could deny the packs the mage won! Nekro just makes any sort of stun impossible and that is the reason why nekro breaks balance... it is impossible to deny the rogue packs.

Imho Nekro shouldnt do stun immunity in pvp, problem solved!

Still waiting for you to talk about clashes, where mages have clearly benefitted from Nekro more.

Here's an idea. How about making back to back shields not work, like how back to back Nekro shields don't work. You have to wait a few seconds. Rogues wouldn't be able to use razor right after Nekro. Mages couldn't use their shield right after the Nekro shield. It would require more timing.

Oursizes
09-25-2015, 05:04 PM
Still waiting for you to talk about clashes, where mages have clearly benefitted from Nekro more.

Here's an idea. How about making back to back shields not work, like how back to back Nekro shields don't work. You have to wait a few seconds. Rogues wouldn't be able to use razor right after Nekro. Mages couldn't use their shield right after the Nekro shield. It would require more timing.

Yea make it like that. Easier for us rogues to kill mages.

Darkquantum
09-26-2015, 08:57 AM
I find as a mage with 5.5k hp 1400 armor 900dmg 40% crit and nekro. Close to your gear bhawk. YES WE KNOW YOU DONT HAVE 40% CRIT. But u have good dmg armor.
I beat alot of good rouges with nekro. Only few i can never kill like zues having 50 ping insane ;) and other full eye/parra rouges. So few out of most. I imagine this will work for you. Spec: sheild, heal, ice, light, crit 5, armor 5, str 5, int 5, dex 5, no split specs! Use passive. The rest is up to skill ( you say have in abundance ), and things you (should) already know. so you will be fine now. If you already tryed this spec try harder and get used to it. It works well for 1v1. I tell you this as im very inactive at the moment ;) enjoy.

Rouges 1v1 masters. fully gear rouge in 1v1 vs fully gear mage/tank = rouge wins unless they make a mistake or 2

ps. you cant ever be the supreme power in al pvp you will always die Know this.
Just hope to take as many down as you can before you die [emoji14]
If you cant get used to it Make a rouge or pve

Just thoughts

Not Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Robhawk
10-05-2015, 04:59 AM
I find as a mage with 5.5k hp 1400 armor 900dmg 40% crit and nekro. Close to your gear bhawk. YES WE KNOW YOU DONT HAVE 40% CRIT. But u have good dmg armor.

4,8k hp, 1400 armor, 849 dmg, 31% crit and nekro, a legendary 46 gun, no para gem, 2 EYE`s. FYI lightning strike maxed damage 1950... So you want to compare that to your stats with elondrian myth gun with para gem and more EYE`s ? Honestly?

lol...

I beat alot of good rouges with nekro. Only few i can never kill like zues having 50 ping insane ;) and other full eye/parra rouges. So few out of most. I imagine this will work for you. Spec: sheild, heal, ice, light, crit 5, armor 5, str 5, int 5, dex 5, no split specs! Use passive.

I used that setup vs rogues since early 2014 because it is by far the best against rogues.

The rest is up to skill ( you say have in abundance ), and things you (should) already know. so you will be fine now. If you already tryed this spec try harder and get used to it. It works well for 1v1. I tell you this as im very inactive at the moment ;) enjoy.

Put your myth gun away and equip a legendary l46 of your choice, get your hp below 5000, decrease crit by 10% and then try to vs a good rogue. When you realize how useless this is, come back to this thread and i accept your apology! :)

Rogueuchiha
10-05-2015, 09:45 AM
That's right, choose packages or do damage ^ _ ^

noisy
10-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Hey i dont know if anyone tried this out but what if you use nekro shield with arcane shield ( i dont know if they both stack or not) and if they stack you should then use 3 attack skills and try to finish the rogue.i hope that somebody try this out.

Kingofninjas
10-05-2015, 03:07 PM
4,8k hp, 1400 armor, 849 dmg, 31% crit and nekro, a legendary 46 gun, no para gem, 2 EYE`s. FYI lightning strike maxed damage 1950... So you want to compare that to your stats with elondrian myth gun with para gem and more EYE`s ? Honestly?

lol...

I used that setup vs rogues since early 2014 because it is by far the best against rogues.

Put your myth gun away and equip a legendary l46 of your choice, get your hp below 5000, decrease crit by 10% and then try to vs a good rogue. When you realize how useless this is, come back to this thread and i accept your apology! :)

Your complaining about not beating para gemmed rogues when you don't have one yourself. What do you expect?

Darkquantum
10-05-2015, 08:23 PM

lol...

We can all lie hawk. its just that we all dont do it ;)

Darkquantum
10-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Your complaining about not beating para gemmed rogues when you don't have one yourself. What do you expect?
He has parra and myth gun. If he says he doesn't well he is borrowing one constantly haha yes he is a funny fellow

Robhawk
10-06-2015, 02:27 AM
He has parra and myth gun. If he says he doesn't well he is borrowing one constantly haha yes he is a funny fellow

Well... you know better which weapons i had then i do? Are you kidding me? Ask all players that played with me tdm or anywhere else which weapon i used. NO ONE will answer l41 myth gun... i had a para gemmed kershal for around a year which was inferior to the l41 myth gun but i loved the disco ball... i sold it 5 month ago! Since then i play with legendary guns. All the fights we both were involved i used a legendary gun and my stats were like i posted above!
Nobody ever since i play this game borrowed me any items! Your insults are annoying seriously! So either you are blind (the difference between the big ugly boulder barrel and a myth gun is huge) or you just don't want accept facts to keep your dreamworld alive!

Darkquantum
10-06-2015, 03:30 AM
Well... you know better which weapons i had then i do? Are you kidding me? Ask all players that played with me tdm or anywhere else which weapon i used. NO ONE will answer l41 myth gun... i had a para gemmed kershal for around a year which was inferior to the l41 myth gun but i loved the disco ball... i sold it 5 month ago! Since then i play with legendary guns. All the fights we both were involved i used a legendary gun and my stats were like i posted above!
Nobody ever since i play this game borrowed me any items! Your insults are annoying seriously! So either you are blind (the difference between the big ugly boulder barrel and a myth gun is huge) or you just don't want accept facts to keep your dreamworld alive!
Sorry mate but i wont be asking anyone anything for i already know. Thanks for the idea tho :)

Robhawk
10-06-2015, 06:26 AM
Sorry mate but i wont be asking anyone anything for i already know. Thanks for the idea tho :)

When you just ignore facts then this conversation is pointless... but thats ok!

To sum it up: My legendary l46 boulder barrel has a mythic gun vanity, your huge gear advantage doesn't count... i suck, you own... kk...

Darkquantum
10-06-2015, 06:33 AM
When you just ignore facts then this conversation is pointless... but thats ok!

To sum it up: My legendary l46 boulder barrel has a mythic gun vanity, your huge gear advantage doesn't count... i suck, you own... kk...

(Haha was that so hard? Jks jks.)

sorry bud i didn't even read your 2nd last post. Well not all of it. Who said they were better than you? They were just pvp ideas for you to try. Ill stop poaching now. Its just so dam funny. You are way to easy to bait bro. Really tho ill stop sorry :) peace out

Darkquantum
10-06-2015, 06:35 AM
I laugh at the things we say. but i see now i have taken it to far as u seem mad sorry hawk :) :)

Robhawk
10-06-2015, 07:42 AM
I laugh at the things we say. but i see now i have taken it to far as u seem mad sorry hawk :) :)

Its ok... lets just behave like grown up as we are. :single_eye:

Edward Coug
10-06-2015, 12:20 PM

I'm just curious. Why don't you have a myth gun? You've played for a long time. I'd think you'd have enough gold for one by now. It seems like a conscious choice. Are you waiting for the next myth?

Robhawk
10-07-2015, 04:58 AM
I'm just curious. Why don't you have a myth gun? You've played for a long time. I'd think you'd have enough gold for one by now. It seems like a conscious choice. Are you waiting for the next myth?

Its the gold that i don't have...

I made some bad decisions and lost gold with that... so at the end of the day i always had to chose between items and i didn't have the gold to all together. With the knowledge i now have i wouldn't hedge nekro and get a gun instead! SO with ring, pendant, gun and my singe i think i would do better.

Imsofancy
10-08-2015, 12:45 PM

You should get a nekro even though you dont pvp, it helps a lot in elites.

Robhawk
10-09-2015, 01:35 AM
You should get a nekro even though you dont pvp, it helps a lot in elites.

My mage has nekro, singe and samael. ;)

omgcrit
10-09-2015, 04:03 PM
Hmmmm good question
I'm a endgame mage and sometime I have same problem, your not only one I'm undergeared like you. Sometime I kill nekro but it depends if I crit and I time samael aa very well, and manage to stun I will easyly kill but the problem is you need to stay alive. Find a way which which will make rouge stop atk, drain their hp or vice versa. a lot stats are needed though and need to practice a lot shield timing is very inportant, and use skills charge or not charge, but mainly it's about timing, crit/hp.

Hope this helps -mglisback

Imsofancy
10-09-2015, 04:46 PM
My mage has nekro, singe and samael. ;)

I was referring to your guild mate in your ss guild chat :P