PDA

View Full Version : What the...??? Where's my mana?

Irconfuzed
05-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Got my little bear tank to lvl 40 and I've noticed since about lvl 35 I'm hitting a mana potion as often as I hit taunt. I've got him at around 130 STR which is the requirement for equipment at that level and the rest in dex. Is it normal to blow through a whole bar of mana in the first two trash fights. I mean, my fun playing this toon has gone up in flames faster than Charlie Sheen's career. I never even log him on anymore....can anyone help?

Irconfuzed lvl 46 Pure Int Mage
Vindexor lvl 40 Bear Tank

WhoIsThis
05-12-2011, 12:50 PM
It's perfectly normal to blow through a lot of health pots (especially if you are a dex bear), but mana pots seems a bit odd. Check your equipment. Do you have any mana regen? Bears don't need much. All you need is like 7-8 M/S and you pretty much never have to touch the health pot button. If you don't have mana regen, then you'll need to use a few mana pots each time.

Irconfuzed
05-12-2011, 01:04 PM
A few mana pots I could live with. But I'm literally eating/drinking 15-20 per stage. Not per run but just in Oasis 2 part 1. I'm using my abilities constantly of course because I like to keep a fast pace for quick clears, but it does seem excessive. Maybe it is normal. I'd feel better knowing I'm not alone and maybe even that it will get better lol. Thanks Whoisthis!

Arterra
05-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Got my little bear tank to lvl 40 and I've noticed since about lvl 35 I'm hitting a mana potion as often as I hit taunt. I've got him at around 130 STR which is the requirement for equipment at that level and the rest in dex. Is it normal to blow through a whole bar of mana in the first two trash fights. I mean, my fun playing this toon has gone up in flames faster than Charlie Sheen's career. I never even log him on anymore....can anyone help?

i dont think there are any thoth or isis or horus str gear at 40. but as soon as you hit 41-45, you might want to get some of those, since they carry good m/s
i was very annoyed personally when they took off all the m/s from osiris gear... made my str bird fail around those levels too. (was dual spec so was forced to wear osiris)

kiitz
05-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Get to 3-4 M/S and thats already enough. Bears barely use any mana, but you are probably sitting at 0 m/s which will make it painful.

I know Thoth and some other gear has a little M/S. Even just 1 or 2 M/S will dramatically reduce how many potions you have to use. Also, if you have the plat, get a ring with an M/S as well.

Arterra
05-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Also, if you have the plat, get a ring with an M/S as well.

i cant agree with you. although might be usefull where he is right now, as soon as he gets to ao2 gear he will have plenty. then he can use some better ring.

Irconfuzed
05-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys I'm gonna see how it goes with the tips you guys gave me. I'll post the outcome in case any others find themselves in this frustrating predicament.

Irconfuzed
05-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Wow you guys were spot on. I dropped 200k on the lvl 40 Thoth set and the difference is amazing. I didn't use a single mana pot on a whole run. Believer in m/s now. Thanks guys.

DawnInfinity
05-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Oh the good ole days of lvl 40 Thoth sets. Those were all the rage then, and 20k per piece made good money.

KingFu
05-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Oh the good ole days of lvl 40 Thoth sets. Those were all the rage then, and 20k per piece made good money.

Horus dex bird. Isis int bear. And thoth pallys.....

kiitz
05-13-2011, 12:04 AM
i cant agree with you. although might be usefull where he is right now, as soon as he gets to ao2 gear he will have plenty. then he can use some better ring.

I guess you are right. Its really not worth it, but I did say, "if you have the plat" then get it - as in, if you can afford the 10 plat. I bought one when I was in the same predicament, since I had gotten the $50 plat pack and had plenty. Looking back, its probably not a wise investment though since really, I only used it for the week or so before leveled up higher to get better gear.

Honestly, the *best* solution would just to go dex bear while leveling. I leveled my first bear as STR and I have been slowly leveling an alt as pure dex. I have never felt so powerful as a bear since at low levels rage seriously adds WAY too much dmg. Also, the good thing about going dex is that dex tends to have more M/S. Anyway, it seems like he found the gear with a few M/S and the issue is solved already!

Irconfuzed
05-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Oh yea, I had never paid attention to m/s. Consequently I had 0 when I was having the problem. As someone said just a couple m/s showed a dramatic difference.

azulflame
05-14-2011, 02:16 PM
are you kidding me?????

I have mana regen of 25 and STILL need to use mana pots! mages are mana users

OverkillED
05-23-2011, 04:18 PM
this is about bears, not mages ;)