PDA

View Full Version : Avatar in forum?

Pandamoni
05-12-2011, 02:42 PM
In other forums I'm on we have the option to put an image of our choice in or little avatar square. What do you guys think about that here? Some people put pics of their faces, some of sayings, some of their favorite singers, etc. I always put Bob Marley or a picture of me and my kid.

GeTxKLuTcH
05-12-2011, 06:42 PM
I think that would be better than just having predetermined ones. I've had some pretty good ones on other sites.

DawnInfinity
05-12-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm not exactly sure why the devs have the pre-selected avatar choices, but I don't really mind them.

Ellyidol
05-12-2011, 10:47 PM
It might have something to do with the general age, therefore control, of the community/forums.

Almost the same reason why they don't allow any custom game names in-game.

DawnInfinity
05-12-2011, 11:00 PM
It might have something to do with the general age, therefore control, of the community/forums.

Almost the same reason why they don't allow any custom game names in-game.
That's what I was thinking. It would be hard to moderate, of course. In the future, I'm guessing they will probably add more personalization/customizability

GeTxKLuTcH
05-12-2011, 11:06 PM
So ok, not to be rude but, they're saying it's okay to go around killing monsters, elves, bears, archers, and aliens. But it's not okay to have our own avatars? That would be easy control, if you see an offensive avatar the mods can remove it no questions asked. And if they do it again and they have to remove it twice, your ip banned from forums. I mean we all watch what we say on threads and be careful about what our sigs are. Why would it be any different than having custom avatars. If some people aren't mature enough to handle it then they won't be given the right to access this option. Again, not flaming or picking fights. Also im pretty sure most members on these forums are 13+ wouldn't be that big of a deal to have our own avatars even if it had violence.

Arterra
05-13-2011, 11:34 AM
You talk about moderating, banning and the adding/removal of rights. All this takes time, and that would be time better spent on other PL related work.

The current system works well. One day we may get more predefined avatars, but the point is that as it is there is no real reason to say it is bad.

GeTxKLuTcH
05-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Just saying, I come from a site that has 1,558,226 users+ and it has 10 people running the site. They support all console games, ds', and all computer games. It's really not that hard. Granted they get sponsoring from a few big sites. But they don't get any money from the games they support. PL does.

Pandamoni
05-13-2011, 03:04 PM
The current system works well. One day we may get more predefined avatars, but the point is that as it is there is no real reason to say it is bad.

Who said the current system is bad?