PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Skill Wheel

Lastmind
09-23-2015, 05:04 AM
I recently discovered a new MMORPG called Izanagi and it has a feature which I want to suggest to get implemented in Arcane Legends as well.
I talk about the skill wheel in their hud.
In that game it is possible to map up to 9 skills and potions on ur hud. Move and auto attack buttons are the same, but more skills are accessable by just sliding the wheel which they are placed on up or down. There are always 4 skills fully visible at a time.

I am not a native speaker, so I hope I could make myself clear. Feel free to ask here if something remains unclear. I also might add some screens once I reach home.

Mcpastry
09-23-2015, 05:10 AM
It's a good concept, but I'm not sure the issue is being able to fit more skills onto the HUD because if STS really wanted to, they could have simply repeated the design in Pocket Legends in which all skills were visible on a grid.

I think the main idea is that it encourages the notion of having different 'builds' by limiting all of a character's useable skills to only 4 (per fight).

Squeezable
09-23-2015, 05:15 AM
Encourages different builds? With the AL skill system? No way, near enough everybody has the exact same skills and if anybody has any other it's not a different build, it's being a noob.

PL had a skill system which allowed different builds, and was so much better than the current charging crap.

Dimitrian
09-23-2015, 06:10 AM
-buff the warriors
-add new skills
-add new skill slots
-scale elites
-make people interested in the lore
-matchmaking system for pvp
-buff the warriors

This is how sts would make the game fun and balanced again imo.
Sorry,i forgot to mention something:
-buff the warriors

Disproves
09-23-2015, 11:17 AM
-buff the warriors
-add new skills
-add new skill slots
-scale elites
-make people interested in the lore
-matchmaking system for pvp
-buff the warriors

This is how sts would make the game fun and balanced again imo.
Sorry,i forgot to mention something:
-buff the warriors

Stop begging for warrior buff its already been said they will do something. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/23/4e4927d0b367c1847b027f8a48b364c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dimitrian
09-23-2015, 11:31 AM
Stop begging for warrior buff its already been said they will do something. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/23/4e4927d0b367c1847b027f8a48b364c0.jpg

I know,lol i posted this before i found out about that post,lmao

Disproves
09-23-2015, 12:15 PM
I know,lol i posted this before i found out about that post,lmao

My point exactly. Do you really think posting on every thread 'buff warrior' is going to help? Jeez that didn't even have Anything to do with the thread!

Dimitrian
09-23-2015, 12:23 PM
My point exactly. Do you really think posting on every thread 'buff warrior' is going to help? Jeez that didn't even have Anything to do with the thread!

Well it did help somehow.The devs finally said something about a warrior buff.

mesalin
09-23-2015, 12:56 PM
I say no to 5 skills slots.
It will change pve n pve.

<Forgiveness>

Disproves
09-23-2015, 01:04 PM
Well it did help somehow.The devs finally said something about a warrior buff.

Incorrect. The G-M posted that before you posted your clearly not thought thorough comment. I rest my case.

Squeezable
09-23-2015, 03:27 PM
I say no to 5 skills slots.
It will change pve n pve.

<Forgiveness>

Because you might become more disadvantaged with nekros & paras? That's the thing, we NEED change. Having more skills available would not only help slightly undergeared players, it'd make pvp/pve SKILLFUL. Actually having a skill for a game would by far encourage you to play, but nope, at the minute it's all determined with gear.

mesalin
09-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Because you might become more disadvantaged with nekros & paras? That's the thing, we NEED change. Having more skills available would not only help slightly undergeared players, it'd make pvp/pve SKILLFUL. Actually having a skill for a game would by far encourage you to play, but nope, at the minute it's all determined with gear.
I don't have any para or eye just for let u know. All normal fire gems.
I mean its arcane legends. All used to play with 4 skills from begin. AL is not PL or other STS game. I like it how its right now. Don't make other game from it.
I see and i know much very skilled players without best op gear. I prefer run with em than with max out no skill player.

Squeezable
09-23-2015, 04:24 PM
I don't have any para or eye just for let u know. All normal fire gems.
I mean its arcane legends. All used to play with 4 skills from begin. AL is not PL or other STS game. I like it how its right now. Don't make other game from it.
I see and i know much very skilled players without best op gear. I prefer run with em than with max out no skill player.

I knew you'd say "but I don't have paras/eyes" well.. It wasn't just directed at you. Just because you like it doesn't mean it's right, maybe having 5 skills isn't the way round it but change is definately needed. +Skill isn't needed for this game. The only TACTIC you can learn is to park, other than that you just spam attacks. You really think this current skill system is top notch? Lmao.. Sorry bro but I disagree ��

mesalin
09-23-2015, 11:58 PM
I knew you'd say "but I don't have paras/eyes" well.. It wasn't just directed at you. Just because you like it doesn't mean it's right, maybe having 5 skills isn't the way round it but change is definately needed. +Skill isn't needed for this game. The only TACTIC you can learn is to park, other than that you just spam attacks. You really think this current skill system is top notch? Lmao.. Sorry bro but I disagree 👌
Really you think only tactic is park in wilds? Lmao.
Who spam skills? Not every rogue spam skills.
Tactic are needed also in planar tombs , arena, other hard elites.
But OK lmao if u play without tactic n just spam skills its OK.
Gg

Edit: i didn't said this skill system is top. Some skills should be buffed. But 4 slots is enough not only for me. Don't forget you can swap skills.

Dimitrian
09-24-2015, 02:04 AM
Really you think only tactic is park in wilds? Lmao.
Who spam skills? Not every rogue spam skills.
Tactic are needed also in planar tombs , arena, other hard elites.
But OK lmao if u play without tactic n just spam skills its OK.
Gg

Edit: i didn't said this skill system is top. Some skills should be buffed. But 4 slots is enough not only for me. Don't forget you can swap skills.
We will need more slots and more skills in the new expansion.
Now it's good as it is.

mesalin
09-24-2015, 03:17 AM
We will need more slots and more skills in the new expansion.
Now it's good as it is.
Yes if come next cap it will be nice to have new skill n new slot.

<Forgiveness>