PDA

View Full Version : Created Pocket Legend's Wikipedia Thread

Zeus
05-12-2011, 08:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocket_Legends

Enjoy :). It has most of the info. Would appreciate if some players would help me brush it up.

DawnInfinity
05-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Enchantress is meant*

It's pretty good. The sentences are a bit choppy for my taste, but it's informative.

Otukura
05-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Bold/unbold to show what was done at once.

Log:
--Added open and closed beta release dates.
--Uploaded image, called OneYear sm
...--Feel free to add, working on it now.
--playing with an ambox
--Added an image
--Links to other part of the wiki
--More on Tapjoy
--Fixed grammar
--Main Spine table&desc.
--Sources for android beta releases
--More grammar
--More links to other parts of the wiki
--Added infobox
--Added more headers: platinum, classes, game types, miscellaneous(someone rename it! I really had no clue what to call it...)
--Added sub headers: pve, pvp
--More in-depth descriptions for pve and pvp
--Added section called "campaigns"
--Added "Enchantress, Ursan, Avian" sub sections under classes
--Added brief str/dex/int sub sub sections for each class.
--reformatted infobox
--Added STS engine in infobox
--Added Best App Ever Awards!!!
--Cleaned up parts souding like advertising: eg. "for a great list of guides, visit sts.com's forum, etc."

Will update whenever I get the chance.

Zeus
05-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Enchantress is meant*

It's pretty good. The sentences are a bit choppy for my taste, but it's informative.

Yea, I typed it up in like 15 minutes. Lol. I should have paid more attention. It's no means final. I'll definitely fix it up when I have time.

Otukura
05-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Question, We talk about Enchantresses, avians, and ursans. Would elf be better?

Zeus
05-12-2011, 10:29 PM

Nah, because the class is called Enchantress.

Otukura
05-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Really?

O.O

Just feels out of place...

DawnInfinity
05-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Over the weekend I may be able to add suggestions and help clean up the thread. It'd be cool to get some screenshots of gameplay, and maybe you could have a link to the SpacetimeStudios youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/SpacetimeStudios) page. You could also talk more in depth about the attributes/builds/quests/pvp etc, it depends on which direction you want to take the wiki. It could easily and (un)intentionally turn into a mega guide. This would also be a good way to bring more interest to the forums, and you have already redirected readers here. Idk.

Otukura
05-12-2011, 10:53 PM
going to be adding some of these in: http://www.pocketlegends.com/images/

Just added an info box, need to put a banner at the top of it. No luck on google, and no PS atm. If you guys have a link for one, post it here!

never mind, found one, will be adding it shortly

DawnInfinity
05-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Like this?

http://www.biggtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/pocket_legends_android_release_thumb.png
http://www.biggtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/pocket_legends_android_release_thumb.png

here's another

http://www.productusp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/pocket-legends.jpg
http://www.productusp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/pocket-legends.jpg

Otukura
05-12-2011, 11:10 PM
http://images.wikia.com/pocketlegends/images/0/04/Game_logo.jpg

Put that in the infobox.

Someone say something about the GCD, I dun know how to describe it.

nazgulking
05-13-2011, 04:07 AM
Range I'll pm you later, with my wikipedia article stub.

FloooH
05-13-2011, 04:14 AM
nice
pocket legends is in wikipedia ^^
good job ;)

Otukura
05-13-2011, 11:41 PM
--Cleaned up parts souding like advertising: eg. "for a great list of guides, visit sts.com's forum, etc."

And.....

http://codnation.net/images/smilies/animated/bump.gif

DawnInfinity
05-14-2011, 12:13 AM
It is coming together nicely!

aldoric
05-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Great job. Might advertise the game to get some more players in 2 :P great job again.

Conradin
05-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Ill through in some stuff- add pucs of us in sweet gear in k? I might do some twink stuff or item pictures if i were you. Also you spelled eniviroment wrong

Great job tho! :D

DawnInfinity
05-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Ill through in some stuff- add pucs of us in sweet gear in k? I might do some twink stuff or item pictures if i were you. Also you spelled eniviroment wrong

Great job tho! :D
Yep, except it is "environment".

Conradin
05-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Yep, except it is "environment".

Face palm -.- Epic Fail Conradin

hidden_lantern
05-14-2011, 06:36 AM
nice job! i guess a bit more detailed history could be added

DawnInfinity
05-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Face palm -.- Epic Fail Conradin
;)

tencharacters

Nightarcher
05-14-2011, 12:02 PM

Just to help, I think there's three "groups" of names.

1. Technical: Enchantress, Avian, Ursan.

2. Class-oriented: Elf, Bird, Bear.

3. Role-oriented: Mage, Archer, Bear.

(I didn't use tank because that's more specific, like Paladin or Warbird)

Samhayne
05-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks again for creating and editing the Pocket Legends page on Wikipedia.

As you know, the page has been flagged by Wikipedia for possible removal. From the page:

This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.

It needs additional references or sources for verification. Tagged since May 2011.
The notability of this article's subject is in question. If notability cannot be established, it may be listed for deletion or removed. Tagged since May 2011.
It is written like an advertisement and needs to be rewritten from a neutral point of view. Tagged since May 2011.

Would anyone be willing to do some editing to address those issues?

Here are some pointers we came up with. We would do it ourselves, but there is still the issue of conflict of interest if employees of the company are making drastic changes to a page. Besides, you guys have such an awesome start with it!

Remove or edit the semi-promotional text

Entries are, on average, too long.
- Typically game entries from the public start small and grow as people add details over time. Compare how much smaller the entry for Rift ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rift_%28video_game%29 ) is than the entry for PL.
Typically game company entries are very small. Monolith which has some very high profile games, is just one paragraph and lists of games they’ve made
Also, the shorter the entry, the less editor know-it-alls have to challenge
Might consider changing the detail categories. MMO entries tend to be Gameplay, Development, Reception, References
Some of the references are not proper sources. In the guidelines it specifically states that using references that come from the company website and press releases will often cause editors to question the notability.
If you are going to link to the site, do that after the main entry/article has already been approved. (so don't link to www.spacetimestudios.com or to www.pocketlegends.com)

Thanks in advance!

Samhayne
05-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Also, if you've been involved in the Wikipedia effort, please reply here with what your name is on Wikipedia (so I can see the change history) or PM me please. We'd like to do something for you for your efforts :)

Bobloblaw
05-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Great job so far guys. Little things like this really help get the word out and new individuals interested. I will help out with some of the changes (likely tomorrow) that Sam mentioned.

jaminn
05-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Lol hope it says how awsome it is

Zeus
05-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Also, if you've been involved in the Wikipedia effort, please reply here with what your name is on Wikipedia (so I can see the change history) or PM me please. We'd like to do something for you for your efforts :)

Ok, I'll get started on those changed right after my internship interview at Tri-City medical center. Waiting in line right now... For the contributions, I just wanted to let you know, I was involved as well.

Gluttony
05-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Oh man that page is messy when compared to other video games, I know that people wanted to add information that they deem necessary, but that looks more like an FAQ or a guide than it does a wiki page. I would love to get in there and edit some things, but once I start I'd end up going hog wild and it would look nothing like it did. If the individual who created that page would like to collaborate to make the page more uniform, then I'd be inclined to help out. Otherwise, I'll sit back and watch.

Zeus
05-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Oh man that page is messy when compared to other video games, I know that people wanted to add information that they deem necessary, but that looks more like an FAQ or a guide than it does a wiki page. I would love to get in there and edit some things, but once I start I'd end up going hog wild and it would look nothing like it did. If the individual who created that page would like to collaborate to make the page more uniform, then I'd be inclined to help out. Otherwise, I'll sit back and watch.

I'm willing to work it out with you. I'm new to posting wikipedia articles, so help would be great. Feel free to shoot me a PM :).

Arterra
05-20-2011, 04:17 PM
alright. let me pull up some pages from other games and let me edit. i have a weekend and i dont plan to use it for studying lol

Arterra
05-20-2011, 04:25 PM
ok from what i see what we need are at least these major themes with which to expand:

-Gameplay
-Development
-Reception

under these we can put things like campaigns, classes, platinum, press, etc

however, i am not experienced with wikipedia editing, so it may take me some time.
i will make up a frameworks and then we can see about content.

edit: heck, i may just copy and paste the current content under new banners and titles. needs to be narrowed down tho

editedit: i will make a talk/discussion thing to show what should be done

Redbridge
05-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Arterra, You send me the content via email. Exactly how you want it to look and i'll edit it... more than happy to.

I asked SamHayne but he's obviously a bit busy over the last 24hrs, it has been manic for them.

I'm off to bed. I'll check my email in the am. (Am PMing you my email)

Arterra
05-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Arterra, You send me the content via email. Exactly how you want it to look and i'll edit it... more than happy to.

I asked SamHayne but he's obviously a bit busy over the last 24hrs, it has been manic for them.

I'm off to bed. I'll check my email in the am. (Am PMing you my email)

awesome :) lets get this page up and running

KingFu
05-20-2011, 05:00 PM
I miss kerei:(

Arterra
05-20-2011, 05:41 PM
ok i got a nice simple layout to put stuff into.

i plan on making a group for this, better than a single thread and easier than Wikipedia talk.

edit: 9 invites given to 9 posters in this thread. either request to join or post here with intent to help to get in :)