PDA

View Full Version : Can't target enemies myself anymore

Phamers
05-29-2010, 03:59 AM
Hi guys!

Since the 1.2 update, I can no longer target an enemy myself.
It just auto-targets the closest enemy. And this is really annoying.
(Especially when you are in a boss fight and no one can target the boss and he just bashes everyone down..)

Hopefully this will be fixed soon, Thnx!

foiden
05-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Yeah. I have the same problem as soon as I upgraded to version 1.2. What makes this especially difficult is that, in this game, due to how enemies move around and attack, often the first target you lock onto (which you can only do now by how it automatically selects a target via the first press of the attack button) ends up not being the closest enemy to you just a second or two after targeting. Problem is, there's no way to disengage the target either. Not unless you run yourself a good distance away until all targeting can be dropped. Of course, this gets you hacked up because now you have enemies charging in on you that you can't target at all. You can't press the attack button again to disengage targeting, so you're stuck targeting the wrong enemy.

So now, most scenarios are a lot more painful to deal with. You go for the enemies, and then you have a more important target bearing on you, and the only thing you can do is run nearly out of the place because your character certainly isn't going to attack that one, no matter what you do.

I also mentioned, in another thread, a possibly solution if removing manual-targeting was done on purpose for exploit reasons. It would be nice to allow the player to stop targeting the original creature, start a new attack, so that the system will target the creature that is *now* the closest threat.

Of course, this wont be the solution for a mix of monsters in which they're mixed with a sub-boss or more powerful foe so that you can specifically target that one for individual spells (for instance), while the little guys might be fine with just an area effect you don't need targeting for. Well, somewhat, that is. It would make it at least possible to disengage the target, move to a position where the sub-boss is the closest guy, and start the attack run. Otherwise, minion number 1 will be the only guy you could possibly target.

Royce
05-29-2010, 10:25 AM
This is a bug that has been known since shortly after the update. They are planning to fix it in the next update: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?2327-1.2-update.-Unable-to-target-monsters