PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop

Wicked Caccavari
05-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Gamestop is a major scam.

I called to see how much I could receive for my Wii. I assumed it'd be fairly low but not this low. Here's the response, "$30 store credit, $24 cash". This is absolutely the biggest scam I've ever heard of.

I'm suprised at how many people actually choose to trade in their consoles at Gamestop. When I traded in my Kinect I got triple what they would give me for the Wii.

Anyone else have stories or comments to share about Gamestop?

Otukura
05-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Friend traded in a used, scratched, non working copy of BO, and they gave him 50 dollars in store credit.

o.O

Phoenixking
05-12-2011, 10:24 PM
I love that you can give broken games and get money hahhha

RedRyder
05-12-2011, 10:52 PM
lmao omg gamestop. id rather go to my local video game store. i need to sell my dsi to save money for the 3ds. definitely not going to gamestop

Rebel
05-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Gamestop has always had some of the lowest "buying" prices.

If you really want to get the most out of what you're selling, use Ebay. But as that may be a hassle, I'd recommend Best Buy. That's where I usually sell my unplayed games and consoles.

Wicked Caccavari
05-13-2011, 12:25 AM
lmao omg gamestop. id rather go to my local video game store. i need to sell my dsi to save money for the 3ds. definitely not going to gamestop

Local video game stores don't exsist around here. I remember getting 3x the amount for my DSi than what they give for the Wii.