PDA

View Full Version : Lag is making the game non playable

cynic
05-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Dear devs,
for days the lag has been terrible,
the game isnt playable like this.
could u pls do something about it, its been spoiling the game!
thnks greetz mike

NECROREAPER
05-13-2011, 02:47 AM
You know, I though I was the only one experiencing maaaajor lag spikes.

Guess I wasnʻt the only one

Otukura
05-13-2011, 03:13 AM
Thought it was my internet... now play in a different spot in my room.. even worse o.O

Back to the bathroom! And parents thinking I have irritable bowel syndrome. >.>

Suntv
05-13-2011, 06:16 AM
No you're not the only one. Usually my ping is 167, but the last few days it's 305. Amazon unstable?
- iOS 4.2 on iPad
- 16/1.5 mbps cable ISP

Akaee
05-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Same here, it also depends on the time of the day. In the mornings its ok mostly rather ok but the evenings its horror

JaytB
05-13-2011, 07:39 AM
I already sent a mail to support about this, a couple of days ago. A lot of my friends have been saying the same and I had more lag lately than I ever had before. Something seems up indeed.

Btw, I got a response back that they didn't have any serious latency problems. I guess, this is a good topic to see if it only affects certain individuals or if it's a more widespread 'problem'.

Suntv
05-13-2011, 07:45 AM
I guess, this is a good topic to see if it only affects certain individuals or if it's a more widespread 'problem'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I already count 3 Dutch PL fans...

JaytB
05-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I already count 3 Dutch PL fans...

Technically, I'm Flemish.. Not Dutch :p

Weagledan
05-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Thought it was my internet... now play in a different spot in my room.. even worse o.O

Back to the bathroom! And parents thinking I have irritable bowel syndrome. >.>

Lol - hilarious!

wvhills
05-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Lag was really bad last night. I had to quit 3 or 4 runs because my ping climbed to over 50k. :(

Pandamoni
05-13-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm in California and lag has been really bad for almost a week now. It tends to hover around 400 and then spike up into the thousands then jump back down to 350 or 400. A few times it's been down to like 200 but that's now a rarity rather than a norm.

Moogerfooger
05-13-2011, 09:13 AM
One thing that I found helped keep my ping down when it seemed to be running higher....if you are playing on WiFi, like at home or at Starbucks or wherever, disable your 3G. For some reason having both 3G and WiFi running would cause my ping (which is on wifi normally 100-180) to jump into the 300-450 range. But when I would disable 3G it would drop back down into the 100-180 range and run smooth as buttah.

This is a wifi solution only, but hopefully might help someone a little.

DarkPhoenixx
05-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Im in NewYork and my ping has its days that make me want to pull my hair,...its just sad,.. Very irritating :mad:

DaiJue
05-13-2011, 11:16 AM
I don't have issues when I'm on my home wifi (FIOS) but that changes when I use my 3G connection.

Arterra
05-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Below 500 it is supposed to e playable. My issue is where it says 200, but feels more like a 1k...

broomshanker
05-13-2011, 11:24 AM
my normal is mid 100s, but the last week or so normal seems to be 300-400... i typically play at home on wifi

Otukura
05-13-2011, 12:15 PM
I play with 400 average. Lately I've been getting constant 30k spikes.

Fyrce
05-13-2011, 12:28 PM
I would say my average for awhile was in the 200s. Then I got tons of lag spikes, to where if I was still in a group, I'd say the host was being super nice because if I did not get disconnected, I'd come back to where he was telling me to come join them :P

So I upgraded my iOS on two iPads. It helped a little but I still had lag spikes. Only now it wasn't constant. Just occasionally.

We have two separate WiFi networks here, one DSL and one cable. The cable one was actually worse.

Then my brother told me about the new WiFi network he set up -- I think it's cable also but at a faster speed. Not sure all the details yet, but I played it the day before yesterday (did not have time to go into PL yesterday) and there was no lag at all. So... depending on whether it's really our WiFi setup... we might be getting new equipment or new services or both or discontinuing old ones.

Not done testing yet, so I have no idea whether I still have lag. Should have time today to go in game, so I'll see.

Pandamoni
05-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Below 500 it is supposed to e playable. My issue is where it says 200, but feels more like a 1k...

Yes, what causes this? I've noticed that a bit. I'll be playing and look at ping, expecting it to be at about 1000 but it's still about 200.

sticky420
05-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Same issue never had a problem b4 but for last week or two been jumping from 150's to tens of thousands then back down. Good thing I've got lots to sell on cs cause im not runnin dungeons with this kinda lag

Deadsoldiers
05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah today my ping was around 250 then i was disconnected! That happened 5 times , i was about stop playing (to see if it gets better in a few hours )it but then i didnt got disconnected only my ping raised from 250 to 32k and them back down them it raised again and so on.

Samhayne
05-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Hey gang,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble getting a stable connection. Usually, a high ping is indicative of an unstable internet connection. First, you can try just playing 3G. If you don't have a problem, and you do with Wifi, try another internet connection (friends house, coffee shop, etc.) to isolate the problem.

Also, check out this thread about lag and background apps with push notifications. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12418-The-infamous-quot-Lag-Spike-quot-server-disconnects-etc.

If you’re running on the iOS, you can kill background apps if you're running iOS 4.1 by double-tapping home, tap-hold on the app icon until the minus sign appears, and then tap the minus sign to turn it off. Tap home to return to the springboard.

thugimmortal
05-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Hey gang,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble getting a stable connection. Usually, a high ping is indicative of an unstable internet connection. First, you can try just playing 3G. If you don't have a problem, and you do with Wifi, try another internet connection (friends house, coffee shop, etc.) to isolate the problem.

Also, check out this thread about lag and background apps with push notifications. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12418-The-infamous-quot-Lag-Spike-quot-server-disconnects-etc.

If you’re running on the iOS, you can kill background apps if you're running iOS 4.1 by double-tapping home, tap-hold on the app icon until the minus sign appears, and then tap the minus sign to turn it off. Tap home to return to the springboard.

Also on android you can kill background apps
install astro this program has a task killer built in and you dont need root.
i play on 3g with 2 bars signal with almost no lagg.
i find that if my internet gets stuck turn airplane mode on then off to reset it.

braluk
05-14-2011, 12:12 AM
I still have ping spikes on occasion but I used to have them pretty bad. The fix I had was to disable the option "Auto WCDMA/GSM" under Mobile Network Band of my Network settings of my phone to just "WCDMA Only". Basically it forces your phone to never search for other bands (Edge specifically) so there is never any latency if your 3g dips slightly dips below a certain speed".

Rusalio
05-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Sorry, I find this sort of humorous since the idea of limiting GCD was to prevent lag.....oh well, I run with no apps running on either of my iPads and am a network technician with all unnecessary traffic cut but still having lag issues. It seems as like it's reporting less than what it really is.....kinda wonder if icmp is what is being reported but the other communication are being metered/regulated.

WhoIsThis
05-14-2011, 02:25 AM
I've been experiencing lag too. I'm certain that I haven't enabled any background apps or the like over this period, as I haven't installed any new apps on my phone. Not sure about everyone else though. My home internet has been slower, but I've played on campus and the internet there has been rock solid, yet I still get lag. I think that the problem may be on the server end.

Tempest
05-14-2011, 02:31 AM
Im lucky to even get any lower than 700 ping.

skavenger216
05-14-2011, 04:47 AM
Also on android you can kill background apps
install astro this program has a task killer built in and you dont need root.
i play on 3g with 2 bars signal with almost no lagg.
i find that if my internet gets stuck turn airplane mode on then off to reset it.

You can actually do that without an additional app. On your home screen hit your menu button, then "settings". Go to "applications", at the top of the screen you should see four options, hit the one for "running apps". After hitting that, hit an app and there will be an option to force close.

matamurman
05-14-2011, 06:49 AM
I have a samsung epic and play on 4g and seem to have no problems, only when I play on 3g is there laf for me.

azulflame
05-14-2011, 10:51 AM
on android, download and install juicedefender. use the widget and disable date (that is data on 3g only). use wifi, and I get a standard ping of 99 on my wifi, and half of the wifi bar is filled. Juicedefender works wonders

Cabezon8705
05-14-2011, 05:10 PM
me too my ping was usually between 36-96 now its 120-500 my internet speed its 56 mbps, and on 4g network its worse!!!!! its between 306-1500

Mikeylito
05-16-2011, 07:37 AM
Yes its been very bad for me as well especially in pvp

Duped
05-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Best thing I did was disable push notifications, that made a noticeable difference, but I pretty well always assume when their is high ping it's my fault because of some connection issue of unknown origin :)

Apostar
05-17-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm happy someone started this thread; for a long time I thought that it was my connection too. But not now. I had terrible lag last night and it was random. My ping count got up to over 90k and then back down to 300k. Did not enjoy playing. Had to inform others and apologize that I was about to ping out. Later it just simple pinged me out when I reached a little over 100k; this happened 5 times. I had it after this time.

davidis57
05-17-2011, 11:26 AM
My ping jumped to 40k when I could move again the party was way ahead of me. Last thing I did was cast lightning the mobs laid at my feet and everyone was gone.

Zenvo
05-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Lag...

I was trying the get no deaths. I am still low level, 26, and as unrealistic of a goal as it is we humans will always try. Was at 3500 kills, no deaths. On my iPhone my left thumb covers the ping time when I am moving. I was going through a dungeon and wondering, "where are all the mobs? I've not cleared this area yet". I looked at my ping and it was 25K. I immediately selected the map to go back to town. I guess I was killed because I had one death. Haha, dead, but not dead yet. Gotta love it.

With these lag spikes attempting to get no deaths will take more skill, patiences, and work then you think :)

Wicked Caccavari
05-17-2011, 02:04 PM
No lag here. 90-100 ping always.

squinty
05-17-2011, 02:24 PM
my pinghas still been going pretty high its crazy

bones
05-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Lag was really bad last night. I had to quit 3 or 4 runs because my ping climbed to over 50k. :(

Mine Was just as bad is there some kinda of issue? it never goes below 1k now its unplayable plz any info or advice would help