PDA

View Full Version : What are some of your most embarrasing deaths in your time playing PL?

WhoIsThis
05-13-2011, 09:39 PM
This is a rather random question, but lets see what people say.

My most embarrassing moment on my bird was while I was grinding to 56. I was in a team of all level 55s doing the same thing (one may have been a level 54). Our entire group was wiped out in the Bandit Boy Hideout facing just ordinary mobs. Right before the 3 vents, one of the two bears stomped right beside the vent, killing me (admittedly, my health wasn't high to begin with as I had been taking most of the aggro for the team). He/she injured himself. I remember the other bear died shortly before I did. Killed by mobs I think. There were also 2 mages. One was a pure int who was carrying a staff (mastermind, if I remember correctly) and did not manage to get their mana shield up. Died very quickly. The other, a pally did manage to do so, but a bird used blast shot and blew that mage's mana shield. The pally was killed and although had time to, did not bother to revive the team. The stomp bear was the last to die (pure strength), but unable to do much damage, got overwhelmed and slaughtered.

The other (and I'm sure others have experienced this one) was when I locked on to a fire vent with my mage and more or less committed suicide.

What are some of yours?

Edit: Can be either a group wipe or a death.

Otukura
05-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Wipes or deaths?

Most embarrassing death was the first time I played with a forumer(steph), a spell set off a grate as I was going past it, it shot me, the next one in the triple grate shot me, and the third shot me all the way down to the end of the hallway. It's like those magnetic guns, just gets faster and faster.

Most embarrassing wipe was when I was the only mage left in our party, and as I was going over to rev, there was one enemy. I frost-bited him and autoed, figuring that his 1/4 hp would be no match. I died by the auto as I blew my nose.

LordEspe
05-13-2011, 09:47 PM
I was revived and died four times in a row, on my bird!!! In stronghold, during the last big "Pull" area before heading toward king & queen!! Stunned/Embarrassed/Mad!! Lol.

Ayrilana
05-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Trying to rush to the one boss in the hidden dungeon at Balefort and dying along the way since the attacks kept causing me to stop running and they went into turbo mode.

Swimmingstar
05-13-2011, 09:51 PM
I died while leveling to next level once...

LordEspe
05-13-2011, 09:55 PM
I died while leveling to next level once...

So ur guy was dancing with hands in the air than boom dead!! That sux!!

Otukura
05-13-2011, 09:58 PM
So ur guy was dancing with hands in the air than boom dead!! That sux!!

That's how I'm going to take a screenie of me leveling. Swamp Rat's set, FTW!