PDA

View Full Version : Do shadow veil and traps have any effect on pvp?

reiewaun
09-29-2015, 05:55 AM
That is a question I really looking forward to find answer, I know there are buffs and debuffs but not sure which ones are, can veil be used for pvp? And also with the new trap upgrade after completing glinstone, will the stun apply on pvp?

Visiting
09-29-2015, 07:43 AM
Veil can be used in PVP and is generally used in the situation of a "Mage stack". As for traps, they debuff/DoT plus you can activate them yourself by walking over them, unlike PVE when the mob has to walk over it but, they don't pull players in from what I've heard making them fairly useless. Most likely they will stun in PVP, but it won't make much difference with all the stun immunities flying around in PVP these days...

Alhuntrazeck
09-29-2015, 08:34 AM
Problem with veil is, a simple debuff overrides your armor buff. If you get aimed shot by a rogue, bam - 35% armor less. Same goes for damage.

Zylx
09-29-2015, 09:01 AM
Veil can be used in PVP and is generally used in the situation of a "Mage stack". As for traps, they debuff/DoT plus you can activate them yourself by walking over them, unlike PVE when the mob has to walk over it but, they don't pull players in from what I've heard making them fairly useless. Most likely they will stun in PVP, but it won't make much difference with all the stun immunities flying around in PVP these days...

Long time ago, traps were a common spec with rogue flaggers. I always hated getting stuck in one. Same with Umbral's proc.

reiewaun
09-30-2015, 04:47 PM
Thanks lot guys