PDA

View Full Version : [Possible Bug] Bleed Effects Do Not Stack

DarrenPR
09-29-2015, 10:04 PM
While having used traps for nearly a year (with the bleed upgrade) I always assumed that all players who use them, or cause bleed in any other way, were stacking the bleed effects and were each doing their own bleed damage to the enemy. Today I actually asked the question and nobody seemed to know the answer, so I went ahead and tested the bleed effect damage.

My Questions

I had 2 questions I wanted to answer. First, does multiple bleed effects from a single person to a single enemy cause multiple bleed effects to damage the enemy. Second, does multiple bleed effects from multiple people to a single target cause bleeding damage for each player.

The Testing

To answer the first question, I went to planar arena by myself. I used my rogue entangling traps (which guarantee bleed on an enemy) on whichever boss spawned, and placed multiple traps down (thanks to the adept construction upgrade) onto the same boss to observe the effects. In fact, I even did this two different ways. The first, I placed 2 traps on the boss before he became attackable (meaning both traps could cause the bleed effect at the same instant) and second offsetting them, allowing for the first bleed to take effect before causing the second bleed effect.

For the second question, I took a few people from my guild who each had traps and did the same thing as I did to answer the first question. Each player would spam their traps on the boss before he became attackable, as to all get the bleed effect in at the same instant in time, as well as offsetting the traps to clearly have a target bleeding when inflicting another bleed effect upon him to see if the enemy would be damaged by the second effect.

Finally, since one of my guild mates suggested I record some proof of this, and arena was too hectic of a place to get a clear shot, we went to elite brackenridge goldmine and used the traps on the boss there (video below).

Conclusion
The conclusion is: bleed effects do not stack. Whether it is you doing multiple bleed effects to a single enemy, or all of your friends trying to cause the same enemy to bleed, only the first bleed effect will take place and the rest of the players are left looking at a pretty animation with no damage output.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUiza273lB4

Question to the devs: Is this intended behavior or is this a glitch with the rogue's entangling trap?

EDIT: I went back and tested different types of bleed damage, and also went back to verify my findings from yesterday. It seems that if you have bleed damage from multiple sources, each source of bleed damage will stack with the other, but just as I found yesterday, multiple bleeds from traps (possibly from all sources individually with themselves), whether it's from multiple people or the same person, do not stack together.

Zeus
09-29-2015, 10:28 PM
How about different bleed effects? IE: Pet Bleed combined with Trap Bleed

As for your question, I think this is intentional. Here's my logical deduction to that. SNS has a 100% bleed chance at L41 - something many do not know. However, after the first attack, this bleed no longer applies until several seconds later. So, it lead me to believe that there is some sort of bleed CD for the same type of bleed to avoid mass damage.

DarrenPR
09-29-2015, 10:33 PM
I hadn't tried different bleed effects. Would be worth trying out though. My assumption is that it's intentional as well.

Jazzi
09-30-2015, 05:27 AM
I am pretty sure traps bleed used to stack. I am also pretty sure that this is one of the reason players like Kalizzaa used t recommend it.

Madnex
09-30-2015, 10:11 AM
A different source for bleed would be Kelvin's AA (100% chance).

extrapayah
09-30-2015, 11:23 AM
will be very sad if it is intended...

the whole negativity to stacking, especially with different player only effecting negatively to teamwork, bad design...
only making damage class more preferred in a team, because damage always stacks

Edward Coug
09-30-2015, 12:23 PM
This is very disappointing. I thought there was an announcement at some point saying that traps had been fixed and that trap damage had been made to stack.

Could you test the nox poison damage as well? I suspect that we will find poison damage to work the same way.

Edward Coug
09-30-2015, 12:38 PM
Guess I will be using sss again.

DarrenPR
09-30-2015, 03:08 PM
This is very disappointing. I thought there was an announcement at some point saying that traps had been fixed and that trap damage had been made to stack.

Could you test the nox poison damage as well? I suspect that we will find poison damage to work the same way.

We did test out nox, as we had the same thought. Nox poison damage does stack, and each player does the damage the skill says they should.

Edward Coug
09-30-2015, 03:17 PM
We did test out nox, as we had the same thought. Nox poison damage does stack, and each player does the damage the skill says they should.

Interesting. If nox stacks, so should bleed. I think it's a glitch.

Zeus
09-30-2015, 10:41 PM
Interesting. If nox stacks, so should bleed. I think it's a glitch.

Nox is a poison, bleed is a bleed. While they both may be classified as a DoT, I believe there are sub/extended classes in the DoT category.

nelson131
10-12-2015, 04:27 AM
What about burning damage?