PDA

View Full Version : droprate?

cynic
05-15-2011, 05:38 AM
can some one explain how the drope rate works, ive been buzzy for 7 days now ,did over a few hundred runs and i got not a single pink?

This is frustrating me, not 1 single pink!!
i dont feel like doing a few hundreds again so now im bored. so is there life after 56 or is the only thing i can do colleting more oranges??

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
05-15-2011, 05:39 AM
Drop rate is random......

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
05-15-2011, 05:40 AM
But i think if u try hours and hours of farming u will get one!

cynic
05-15-2011, 05:41 AM
drop rate isnt random for me its always orange or green for 7 days so explain the random part in this? i really did more then 200 runs even more!?
explain random in this?

7 days are a lot of hours playing.

btw my friend got 6 in the same time????

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
05-15-2011, 05:43 AM
How many hours?

Ellyidol
05-15-2011, 05:45 AM
drop rate isnt random for me its always orange or green for 7 days so explain the random part in this? i really did more then 200 runs even more!?
explain random in this?

7 days are a lot of hours playing.

btw my friend got 6 in the same time????

It is random. I know people who've gone two weeks without anything decent, so you're only half way there.

And how did your friend get 6 drops at once exactly? When you only get 1 piece of loot per boss.

cynic
05-15-2011, 05:45 AM
bout 7 a 8 hours a day

cynic
05-15-2011, 05:48 AM
It is random. I know people who've gone two weeks without anything decent, so you're only half way there.

And how did your friend get 6 drops at once exactly? When you only get 1 piece of loot per boss.

euh duh , i said he collected it in the same time (so a week) not with one boss.

oh and the halfway there story istnt true, been farming for over a month and got 2 pinks, like raid roach cowl and some other silly thing like fury helm.

Ellyidol
05-15-2011, 05:52 AM
euh duh , i said he collected it in the same time (so a week) not with one boss.

oh and the halfway there story istnt true, been farming for over a month and got 2 pinks, like raid roach cowl and some other silly thing like fury helm.

Should have used "within the same time", easier to understand what you mean.

So there you go, you've gotten two pinks, what are you ranting about? Like I said, it's totally random. Nothing influences drop rate other than pure luck and/or the luck elixir.

cynic
05-15-2011, 06:00 AM
well then ive been very unlucky.
and thanks for the english lesson, next time i will learn u dutch :)

Ellyidol
05-15-2011, 06:05 AM
Yeah the game tends to have dry spells, I've been there too. It also has the tendency to give you a "lucky day" though, giving you multiple drops in a short period of time, so I'd hang in there :)

cynic
05-15-2011, 06:48 AM
i will thnks for tha kind words :)
i take a break, for me the game is to much fun so after a break i go farm again for now i better stop for a while since its getting to frustrating :)

davidis57
05-15-2011, 09:29 AM
The droprate doesn't really have an explanation it just is what it is get used to it like the rest of us.

cynic
05-15-2011, 10:47 AM
The droprate doesn't really have an explanation it just is what it is get used to it like the rest of us.
so do another 200 runs? well its boring so if u dont mind i will not get used to it like the rest of you.
i can tell you that when devs get a list of all drops i had in the game from lv 0-50 its very dissapointing, before i was 56 i did had few drops(really very little) , u can say im very unlucky?? but its sore to see my friend get 4 vyxx in 6 runs and me? 0 pinks
and this is all the time.
ok im done complaining, ill take a game break and downloaded some others untill new lv come out, because this game is fun but to do another 200 runs for 1 fury helm nah..

azulflame
05-15-2011, 11:01 AM
well then ive been very unlucky.
and thanks for the english lesson, next time i will learn u dutch :)

it should be teach you dutch, and I am learning spanish with no wish to learn dutch.

eventually you will get a good one. after about 300 runs while i forgot that I locked my xp, I got a RR gemstone dagger. (lvl 53) about 50 runs later, I found out about the xp disabled and fixed. big waste of time.

cynic
05-15-2011, 11:07 AM
it should be teach you dutch, and I am learning spanish with no wish to learn dutch.

all very friendly m8 but this was not meant for you, if u follow a thread u must read it when u reply.
perhaps first learn how to read a discussion??
oh and gl with ur spanish lessons

nazgulking
05-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Drop rate in Balefort Sewers is lower than any campaign in PL (which is bad, but that is my personal opinion). What bugs me is that bosses like Goldfever or Queen & King drops two types of equipment. After a week of farming GF for either Megamage Robe or Raidroach Leather i just get pink capes -_-

FluffNStuff
05-15-2011, 01:47 PM
so do another 200 runs? well its boring so if u dont mind i will not get used to it like the rest of you.
i can tell you that when devs get a list of all drops i had in the game from lv 0-50 its very dissapointing, before i was 56 i did had few drops(really very little) , u can say im very unlucky?? but its sore to see my friend get 4 vyxx in 6 runs and me? 0 pinks
and this is all the time.
ok im done complaining, ill take a game break and downloaded some others untill new lv come out, because this game is fun but to do another 200 runs for 1 fury helm nah..

Where are you farming. You mention Vyx helms. If your friend was farming on the first day, it was not random,vyx helms were droping like crazy.

spookytooth
05-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Ive definately been thru both extremes, going a week or so with no sewer pinks very discouraging. On the other hand ive gotten multiple sewer pinks in one day. So hang in there and good things will come to those who wait. Well sometimes...:)

azulflame
05-15-2011, 06:10 PM
all very friendly m8 but this was not meant for you, if u follow a thread u must read it when u reply.
perhaps first learn how to read a discussion??
oh and gl with ur spanish lessons

maybe you should read and qoute the whole post

davidis57
05-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Been awhile since I have seen a pink in the sewers. I know its very frustrating. Sewers runs could drop pinks everytime and would not stop the boredom of running them. So, lets sum this up you get little gold, little XP, sometimes death, and very rarely a pink. Its crazy but until another level cap this is what we have.

Fyrce
05-16-2011, 01:26 AM
A few hundred runs is not that many. There have been a few areas where I would say I've done thousands of runs and never did drop all the pinks.
There's a reason people go farm elsewhere or have alts. It's to do something else for a bit before going back to sewers.
You can also buy/sell and trade for what you need.

A friend gave me their 2nd RR cap drop and I've swapped onyx/earthquake/cryst and given them away also. Maybe it's time to build up your store of karma.

Drops are supposed to be a challenge. But there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people dropping items, some of which might be what you want. Buy/sell/trade for them. Make use of those other farmers. Combine that with your own or your friends' drops and you have most of what you need/want.

Suntv
05-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Where are you farming. You mention Vyx helms. If your friend was farming on the first day, it was not random,vyx helms were droping like crazy.

I was there and we did it the last two hours before STS changed the drop rates. All helmets dropped the last hour of the last day.

Anyway, droprates in Sewers are low indeed, but is it really luck or randomness? The next examples make me question this, but I can't prove anything.
- When a party hits a miniboss and I deliver best dmg, the boss comes after me. If we kill him/her fast I (no big luck) get a green drop, others orange/none. So basicly I get a better drop because I did better; at leat that's how it feels.
- With endbosses the pink drops seems to go to the person dealing the most/effective damage. I noticed, because I try to get end bosses attention and if another does and a pink drops, it usually goes to him/her.
- Sometimes when a player joins late and enters the end boss fight when he/she's 70% down already, they tend to get the pink.

NECROREAPER
05-16-2011, 02:07 AM
I was there and we did it the last two hours before STS changed the drop rates. All helmets dropped the last hour of the last day.

Anyway, droprates in Sewers are low indeed, but is it really luck or randomness? The next examples make me question this, but I can't prove anything.
- When a party hits a miniboss and I deliver best dmg, the boss comes after me. If we kill him/her fast I (no big luck) get a green drop, others orange/none. So basicly I get a better drop because I did better; at leat that's how it feels.
- With endbosses the pink drops seems to go to the person dealing the most/effective damage. I noticed, because I try to get end bosses attention and if another does and a pink drops, it usually goes to him/her.
- Sometimes when a player joins late and enters the end boss fight when he/she's 70% down already, they tend to get the pink.

This. I've noticed this as well throughout multiple boss fights and it seems to ring true for all of them. Thus I try and pull most of the weight during the fight

Riccits
05-16-2011, 02:37 AM
Been awhile since I have seen a pink in the sewers. I know its very frustrating. Sewers runs could drop pinks everytime and would not stop the boredom of running them. So, lets sum this up you get little gold, little XP, sometimes death, and very rarely a pink. Its crazy but until another level cap this is what we have.

i dont think this will ever be better than in BS... but i hope at least a bit better...

cynic
05-16-2011, 05:24 AM

and indeed the helmets all went to you my friend, lucky me u gave me one :)

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
05-16-2011, 06:10 AM
If u farm with me u can get pink luck in the last level of bs.Lat time in 6 runs a ff battlesword dropped,1 round later a sq robe dropped and then 2 rounds later a FREAKING raid roach talon dropped.

cynic
05-16-2011, 10:42 AM
If u farm with me u can get pink luck in the last level of bs.Lat time in 6 runs a ff battlesword dropped,1 round later a sq robe dropped and then 2 rounds later a FREAKING raid roach talon dropped.

lol count me in :)

Moogerfooger
05-16-2011, 11:29 AM
No matter what anyone says, it is random. Sure, there are times when running with certain people seems to bring good luck, or going three weeks with no pinks and then getting 3 in one day, but it all averages out to how much you play and randomness.

kamikazees
05-16-2011, 12:01 PM
I have always thought it was not actually "random," but that the bosses have set loot lists and a % chance to drop each item from the list, with pinks being a really, really low %. Like Trash Heap, for example, seems to drop weapons more than anything else. So maybe his loot list includes orange weapons with a 70% chance to drop, then greens with a 20 % chance to drop, and purples with 9% chance to drop. That would leave pinks at 1% chance to drop. So if you kill him 100 times, at 1% chance each time, you might get 1 pink, you might get none, or you might get more than one. Of those pinks, you might get some 40k pink, or you might be really lucky and get that gemstar wand...

In practice, it might actually be something like .5% for pinks; no one really knows. It also seems different bosses have different pink %s. I do think the "dice roll" is done for each player, though, because I have seen a boss drop two pinks in the same run. I am not sure how receipes figure into this mix.

Moogerfooger
05-16-2011, 12:14 PM
I think you are pretty accurate with your drop table mechanics, kamikazees...numbers may be different, but we'll never know for sure. I think recipes are a separate roll completely from the normal roll, because I've also seen one player get both...it's the only explanation I can think of. They also have a pretty low roll rate, and on top of that, I think each item of gear/recipe has a certain % chance of being picked assuming you get the pink roll in the first place, with things like Fury Swords and Sewer Leather's having less of a chance of being rolled than a Fury Helm (more common).

Fyrce
05-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't think sewer drop rates are that low? Did 5 hours yesterday and at the end, we averaged about a pink drop an hour (5 or 6 drops), including an MM bracer for me. We dropped more at the beginning, then had a long dry spell, then dropped a couple more. And I say we, as in bears + mages + birds.

Thinking back to other runs, I'd say this drop rate is pretty typical of my BS runs. However, since this is an average, some hours there're no drops or just one. And I've seen one kill drop 3 pinks at once. I wouldn't say there's any favoritism among classes and/or damage dealers and/or kills. The only thing that seems true is full groups seem to drop better. HOWEVER, this could totally be an impression: 5 drops at once always looks better than 1 drop each run.

The BS drop rate is really high compared to some old areas, where I would say the drop rates were closer to 1 per 5 hours or 1/5 what they are in sewers. And of course, that includes common pink drops no one wants. Could be lower actually, because there were items that took weeks or months of farming several hours per day.

zodiacr
05-16-2011, 06:30 PM
my experience:

played for a week, got none (at least 2h daily)
after that got rr recurve, and in a same day mm bracer, also seen that day mm robes dropped too
think it only prooves the randomnes of the drops

cynic
05-17-2011, 11:39 AM
yeah i got 1 pink :) raid roach cowl .

Ellyidol
05-17-2011, 11:44 AM
It can't be damaged dealt, I was a tank bear at times, no damage there, same drop rate.

It can't be last to arrive, have solo'd entire or most of bosses at times, first one there, same drop rate.

Nothing to do with aggro, again, bear here, aggro always with me or at times never with me, same drop rate.

Like Moog said, the "random" term is in a sense that the only way that directly affects your chance to get a good pink is pure luck. Loot tables, % of getting a pink from that loot table, % of that pink being a good one, is fixed, but the chances of you landing on those %s, all luck.