PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Eye & Para Gems Dilemma

Zeus
10-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Hello,

I've made a thread like this before but I strongly feel that this should be revisited. Before I begin, I would like to say that I have a number of enchanted eye gems already stored should this idea not be implemented but I would prefer that the Paracelsus and enchanted eye gems be returned to the game.

Upon the release of the jewel system, not only did the highest level of jewels become incredibly expensive, especially when compared to their supergem counterpart but also, gems were discontinued. Thus, this leaves us with a lot of OP players whose stats simply far out do their peers.

I do realize that developer stance on this is that these gems will eventually fizzle out and be replaced when newer gear comes. However, my opinion is that is very theoretical and not very realistic. Hoarders will always be present and there will always be a new wave of gems being sold at even higher prices. (Although, money is not the issue for me). Additionally, the new mythic set will be set to last half a year or more if the life expectancy of previous mythic sets/imbued sets tells us anything. Quite simply, expecting players to wait so long is pure baloney!

So, I suggest that eye gems and paracelsus gems be returned in their respective events. They will not be detriment to the jewel system, as jewels are still great additions for twinks (L30s can get stats only typically available to a L46 supergemmed item). However, it is quite clear that jewels are not a viable replacement for gems at end game. The fatal flaw is the amount of cracked jewels it requires to make a noble gem as well as the lack of stats for completing such an arduous task. I feel that both systems should be allowed place in the game and we as players can pick which one benefits us more in which situation.

Fightbeast
10-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Agreed. Bring back the gems :D

Visiting
10-04-2015, 06:35 PM
TL;DR - At endgame people with eyes/paras/gobs of cash will be OP for ages, jewels aren't viable as they don't give you bang for your buck. Everyone should be allowed to be equal, so bring back Eyes/Paras since hoarders still have them and only the richest will have them, making the whole phase out gems redundant.
Personally, I wholeheartedly agree.

Zuorsyra
10-04-2015, 06:38 PM
+1
I love this thread.

Zeus
10-04-2015, 06:40 PM
TL;DR - At endgame people with eyes/paras/gobs of cash will be OP for ages, jewels aren't viable as they don't give you bang for your buck. Everyone should be allowed to be equal, so bring back Eyes/Paras since hoarders still have them and only the richest will have them, making the whole phase out gems redundant.
Personally, I wholeheartedly agree.

Yet, I don't understand the first time I brought this suggestion people suggested I had some sort of market manipulation in mind. SMH! Lol.

Edward Coug
10-04-2015, 06:42 PM
As I suggested before, I think they should just make lightning jewels mimic eye gems. In addition to crit, they should add one stat point for each level (first main stat, then secondary, then other secondary, and so on).

They should also give the first chaos jewel a damage bonus, like para gems.

These two changes would make the gems less OP.

I really don't want to see gems come back.

Al is the best
10-04-2015, 06:42 PM
I totally disagree. We should bring back para and eye gems. Zzz what's your problem Zeus LOL :stupid:

Zeus
10-04-2015, 06:44 PM
As I suggested before, I think they should just make lightning jewels mimic eye gems. In addition to crit, they should add one stat point for each level (first main stat, then secondary, then other secondary, and so on).

They should also give the first chaos jewel a damage bonus, like para gems.

These two changes would make the gems less OP.

I really don't want to see gems come back.

Why do you think gems shouldn't return?

And that would not work because jewels stop at L30. Gems scale to level.

I totally disagree. We should bring back para and eye gems. Zzz what's your problem Zeus LOL :stupid:

Here you go man, I found a helpful link for you that may later help you understand this thread: https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Let me know what you think! :rolleyes:

Edward Coug
10-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Why do you think gems shouldn't return?

And that would not work because jewels stop at L30. Gems scale to level.

They stop at 30 now. I assume they will go up to 45 within this cap.

I just think gems will be unnecessary if these two simple changes get made. Eventually, then the para will be weaker than the chaos jewel. (I think the eye would too, but I'd have to think about it.)

Zeus
10-04-2015, 06:49 PM
They stop at 30 now. I assume they will go up to 45 within this cap.

I just think gems will be unnecessary if these two simple changes get made. Eventually, then the para will be weaker than the chaos jewel. (I think the eye would too, but I'd have to think about it.)

I believe a developer quoted that the jewel system will not go past L30 (another huge flaw of the jewel system). In my opinion, they should go to whatever the present cap is or they'll never outdo gems. Additionally, the effort to obtain a noble gem...oi vey!

Edward Coug
10-04-2015, 07:11 PM
I believe a developer quoted that the jewel system will not go past L30 (another huge flaw of the jewel system). In my opinion, they should go to whatever the present cap is or they'll never outdo gems. Additionally, the effort to obtain a noble gem...oi vey!

If they really don't intend to go past L30 in this cap, the jewel system is even worse than I thought. I'd like to see stats on the current use of lightning jewels. How many players actually use them? Any?

Visiting
10-04-2015, 07:15 PM
If they really don't intend to go past L30 in this cap, the jewel system is even worse than I thought. I'd like to see stats on the current use of lightning jewels. How many players actually use them? Any?

I had one or two, then I realized I was a moron...

Candylicks
10-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Ya they are horrid. We helped someone in the guild make a noble. It was not good, I'll see if I can get him to post some ss with it.

I would actually get behind them fixing the jewels so we don't have to be dependent on these old gems and not bring them back. 100%

But, I feel that's a lost cause and waaaaayyyy too expensive anyways so sure. Bring back the Para for Halloween. Mine as well. It's truly the only way to fix it easily. Also make them tradeable and they will be so cheap too.

Zuorsyra
10-04-2015, 08:09 PM
This new jewel system is a complete letdown.

Royalty
10-04-2015, 08:37 PM
I agree! Bring back Para Gem and Eye of whatever it's called XD

Novyaj Zeanreh
10-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Nope nope nope.....do not bring back para gems deal with it ,..I guess it was just a mistake that STS made it stackable. Learn to be content what we have right now which is the new jewels��

yubaraj
10-04-2015, 08:46 PM
I don't know the reason behind making para gem untradeable.
Did it stop people selling it? NO. Did it stop people from stacking para gems?NO

Instead of that it led to scam. Many people got scammed because the para gem wasn't tradeable.

Anyways I expect to farm para gem or jewel this halloween.

Please STS release para gem/jewel. It will make most of the players happy.

Thank you in advance.

canbolt
10-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Don't bring para or enchanted back to the game

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

Ipoopsy
10-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Hello,

I've made a thread like this before but I strongly feel that this should be revisited. Before I begin, I would like to say that I have a number of enchanted eye gems already stored should this idea not be implemented but I would prefer that the Paracelsus and enchanted eye gems be returned to the game.

Upon the release of the jewel system, not only did the highest level of jewels become incredibly expensive, especially when compared to their supergem counterpart but also, gems were discontinued. Thus, this leaves us with a lot of OP players whose stats simply far out do their peers.

I do realize that developer stance on this is that these gems will eventually fizzle out and be replaced when newer gear comes. However, my opinion is that is very theoretical and not very realistic. Hoarders will always be present and there will always be a new wave of gems being sold at even higher prices. (Although, money is not the issue for me). Additionally, the new mythic set will be set to last half a year or more if the life expectancy of previous mythic sets/imbued sets tells us anything. Quite simply, expecting players to wait so long is pure baloney!

So, I suggest that eye gems and paracelsus gems be returned in their respective events. They will not be detriment to the jewel system, as jewels are still great additions for twinks (L30s can get stats only typically available to a L46 supergemmed item). However, it is quite clear that jewels are not a viable replacement for gems at end game. The fatal flaw is the amount of cracked jewels it requires to make a noble gem as well as the lack of stats for completing such an arduous task. I feel that both systems should be allowed place in the game and we as players can pick which one benefits us more in which situation.

Your logic is Flawed.

Let it end. The developer said they will phase it out. Let it phase out.

THE MAIN REASON WHY PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANTED BACK is BECAUSE you have enough gold to buy the majority of them 'IF' they come back and then YOU hoarded again. And guess what? Back to square one again where, Only the select Rich players have those gems and be OP like it was before.

Now if and once it DOES PHASE OUT, Guess what again? EVERYONE will be on the same level of the playing field.

Even if some of you will say, that the hoarder from the first time will be OP. Again, guess what? If they hoarders, THEY WILL NEVER GEM THEIR EQUIPMENTS.

And therefore, everyone WILL STILL be on the same level of playing field.

Now do you understand, the developers point?

So, Stop whining and let it PHASE OUT.

yubaraj
10-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Nope nope nope.....do not bring back para gems deal with it ,..I guess it was just a mistake that STS made it stackable. Learn to be content what we have right now which is the new jewels��

Hehe .. how many noble chaos jewel did u farm?

Dart
10-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Don't return them back! These gems will break pvp even more

yubaraj
10-04-2015, 08:52 PM
Your logic is Flawed.

THE MAIN REASON WHY PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANTED BACK is BECAUSE you have enough gold to buy the majority of them 'IF' they come back and then YOU hoarded again. And guess what? Back to square one again where, Only the select Rich players have those gems and be OP like it was before.

Now if and once it DOES PHASE OUT, Guess what again? EVERYONE will be on the same level of the playing field.

Even if some of you will say, that the hoarder from the first time will be OP. Again, guess what? If they hoarders, THEY WILL NEVER GEM THEIR EQUIPMENTS.

Do you still think it will phase out from twink gear???

Zeus
10-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Your logic is Flawed.

I don't think you understand...I have enough eyes and gold to gem the next set and whatever else devs throw at us. So please, don't accuse me. :)

Anyways, the same could be said about noble gems as well. The rich can also max out their stats with nobles and the poorer players cannot even touch them. So, I think your logic is flawed - not mine.

mesalin
10-04-2015, 09:04 PM
I agreed with bring not only para and eye but also old gems. This jewel system is just crap everybody know that. Well i not old player ( play 10 months) and i dont have any of eye or para gems but it will be nice to have at least one.
+1 to bring all gems back.
I add that jewels made game unbalanced. Gems were very good and i still don't know why sts removed it. Back to gems years everybody has chance to have good stats cause of gems.
Very disappointed now...

<Forgiveness>

Ipoopsy
10-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Do you still think it will phase out from twink gear???

Probably yes, If STS add more new gears in the near future. (Some will probably be better and some worst) But it will Phase OUT.

But thats besides the point. Some twink gears already have it. So the point is moot. If it comes back or not, TWINK Will still have it,if they already gem it before.

It's for the better good.

Ipoopsy
10-04-2015, 09:08 PM
I don't think you understand...I have enough eyes and gold to gem the next set and whatever else devs throw at us. So please, don't accuse me. :)

Anyways, the same could be said about noble gems as well. The rich can also max out their stats with nobles and the poorer players cannot even touch them. So, I think your logic is flawed - not mine.

Well, guess what. Good for you. Then you are the top 0.10000% of the players that doesn't matter. If the majority doesn't have it...then eventually, majority of MOST PLAYERS will be on the same level playing field.

Fernando Hernandez
10-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Very true!!! I definitely expect to farm a para gen or some jewel this halloween event. By adding para again it will balence para and eye prices on auction. They are not normal prices and they need to be deflated -.-

Bidiel
10-04-2015, 09:11 PM
"""I don't think you understand...I have enough eyes and gold to gem the next set and whatever else devs throw at us. So please, don't accuse me."""

Lol go to play and farm, stop taking the easy way to be OP buying the better stuff dont make u a good player. Just a spender... :v :v :v

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L mediante Tapatalk

Xuta
10-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Honestly i dont approve the idea of bringing back para and eye. I mean, if you think the new jewel system is worse than the old gem system, para, and eye, so instead of begging sts for bring them back, why dont you suggest some ideas on how to improve the new jewel system?

1. You said the stats of the new ones is weaker, so just increase their stats or give them a bonus (like from weak jewel, for example weak mind, there will be a dex stats added on, 3 int 1 dex, for standard mind will be 4 int 1 dex, fortified mind will be 5 int 2 dex etc, or add armor bonus, or give a damage/crit bonus for the 1st chaos/lightning ever gemmed to gear).

2. You said that its expensive to have a high lvl jewel, like excellent or noble, so just increase the drop rate of them, or make damaged and weak jewels drop from mobs, maybe cracked jewels will drop from normal maps, and damaged and weak ones will drop from elite maps.

There must be a reason sts stop the old gem system and replace it with the new one. So if you find the new one is lame, try to fix it, not bash it and cry like: "The new jewel system sucks, i miss my para and eye, pls bring them back." Nah, not a good idea imo at all.

Bidiel
10-04-2015, 11:16 PM
Honestly i dont approve the idea of bringing back para and eye. I mean, if you think the new jewel system is worse than the old gem system, para, and eye, so instead of begging sts for bring them back, why dont you suggest some ideas on how to improve the new jewel system?

1. You said the stats of the new ones is weaker, so just increase their stats or give them a bonus (like from weak jewel, for example weak mind, there will be a dex stats added on, 3 int 1 dex, for standard mind will be 4 int 1 dex, fortified mind will be 5 int 2 dex etc, or add armor bonus, or give a damage/crit bonus for the 1st chaos/lightning ever gemmed to gear).

2. You said that its expensive to have a high lvl jewel, like excellent or noble, so just increase the drop rate of them, or make damaged and weak jewels drop from mobs, maybe cracked jewels will drop from normal maps, and damaged and weak ones will drop from elite maps.

There must be a reason sts stop the old gem system and replace it with the new one. So if you find the new one is lame, try to fix it, not bash it and cry like: "The new jewel system sucks, i miss my para and eye, pls bring them back." Nah, not a good idea imo at all.
Good idea +1

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L mediante Tapatalk

Zylx
10-04-2015, 11:23 PM
Designing Jewels
When we started designing the Jewels feature, we had a few goals in mind:

Reduce the pain points of the system (like not having access to your weapon for an extended period of time as you tried for a "Grand" gem).

I like how this goal was neglected. I still don't have access to my crap during upgrading.

And the only way to render the old gems useless would be to buff the current jewels. It'll be a long while until paras and eyes are all used up, and even by then people will still be running around with them because old gear > new gear.

Schnitzel
10-04-2015, 11:31 PM
Meanwhile, people want to bring back Paras and Eyes,
I just want a gem that GLOWS

To topic,
I agree with Zeus on this posted idea.

But since this jewel system is already implemented and STS's idea was to have jewels replace gems,
make "cracked paracelcus jewels" farmable, and craftable during event.
(of course, a noble Para jewel would only be 2.0 dmg (or whatever the stats were for 1st para, then every para after that)
Because I have a feeling the devs put a lot of time and effort into programming the jewels system.

Kingofninjas
10-04-2015, 11:45 PM
Honestly, I think doing this will make the jewel system completely useless. Right now, most people are sitting on excess gold (at least till sns becomes a reality), and bringing back these jewels will make them affordable to all. Don't get me wrong, that's a great thing, but then what was the point of the jewel system?

Instead, we could implement Ravagerx's idea of not allowing gems to be put into pvl 46 gear released after the change is made, including but not limited to the remaining 2 parts of the mythic set. Honestly, I have no clue why gems were even scaled to lvl 46 if they wanted to get rid of them...

xiziviqi
10-04-2015, 11:49 PM
Don't bring back "para & eye" please. ....better bring a new gear with good stat

Dex Scene
10-05-2015, 12:37 AM
Definitely yes.
I would say no to eyes and para gems coming back if they were farmed only in little numbers and if most of them were used in useless gears which people don't use. So would see those gems fade away.
But this is not the case.
They are alot in numbers and people like zeus have handful of them for upcoming any gear sets.

People still uses eye and para gemmed gears as there couldn't come any new gear which could outdate those old gears which has para or eye gemmed in it.
Twink gears such as SS, DWS, UMBRALS never seem to get outdated any soon.
So if the Halloween 14' gem and the eye gem don't make a come back, the gear gap will only be increased and not the opposite.

Those free event gems make huge stat difference and some people have no way to get them. STS should look at it as a issue.
Best items can't come for one event and then get discontinued.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Ceuidear
10-05-2015, 12:49 AM
+10 Zeus(LoL)
I agree with what U candyclicks & visiting say.
I started playing this game from May 2015 so, i really didnt know how eye gems where crafted or how para gems where obtainned but i did undestood that those 2 gems gave good stats than other gems & where expensive too.
When i started the cost of an eye gem was around 1.5M & para gem 4M [not sure exactly] but after expansion & replacement of gems by jewel eye price got hiked to 3M & para to 6-7M.
With release of jewels & removal of gems there has been too much of imbalance in game as old players have stacked too much of eye & para gems which makes it affordable only for rich & hoarders & poor players will just have to stare at the eye & para holders thinking " Wow !!! Para & eye " (LoL).
Small story about my fineese jewel farming:-
As far i have noticed fineese jewels drops more in Tindirin maps as i keep farming tooths at wilds i decided to make an experiment of replacing fire gems of my planar pendant with standard fineese. So, i started farming fineese & tooths @ wilds [ Didn buy single cracked jewel only farmed ] when i started farming jewels i had 5 tooths by the time i made 2 standard fineese i had farmed 100 tooths !!!

This shows that jewels drop too rarely & is time consuming to get one jewels that gives stats same as eye & para.

Its really an appreciating idea by u zeus as even though u & many others have hoarded those gems & are rich you still wanna make other players get what only some of pro & rich players have got.

epicrrr
10-05-2015, 01:11 AM
Hope they dont bring it back. Its a gem highly disruptive to the gameplay, market and the overall thing of how a stats is perceived.

Some might own a full para set some not, as the game progress and "itemization" implemented (whatever this is) hope that AL items with para be only for players who want to stay at a certain brackets and pure endgamer gets a jewel comparable to para/eye not cling to a lvl 31/36/41/46 item with para.

I cant say brackets dominated by paras are broken but 46 needs some fresh stuff, halloween is close been a year since para's introduction and para gem should be forgotten/replaced.

noobseller
10-05-2015, 01:11 AM
Don't bring back Para & Ent gems, instead sts rather kill those gems.

Basically remove them instantly from the game.

Do not let it be used even on newer gear.

Bluebatthing
10-05-2015, 01:17 AM
Technically, these aren't gems, they're Paracelsus Soul Stones and Enchanted Eye of Syrillax. So when STS said they're trying to phase out gems, they're not referring to these, at least that's my interpretation, but I've been wrong more times than right...

Maarkus
10-05-2015, 01:18 AM
Hi Zeus,

Dont get me wrong, im a big fan of para's and eye gems but 'what if' there will be a release later on for mix jewel recipes?
Like a reinforced jewel recipe? Combining fury/mind/finesse with diamond to replave the reinforced gems? And a enchanted jewel recipe ? Combining fury/mind/finesse/ lightning? Or a new recipe combining chaos and anotber jewel?

These recipes may be the answer for sts to continue their trend, as the recipes encourage plat spenditure for 'impatient' player.

I mean if sts needs avenues to generate plat, giving out gems that didnot cost plat may be isnt a priority but craftable jewels that may inchre a plat purchase to speed up the process is something sts mught be more inclined to do.

Im not incouraging plat spend but im just trying to look at it from a business perspective for STS to gain something as i think atm STS needs revenue stream somewhere to maintain the game and also STS hard work needs some follow thru i mean why make a new system if they will just dump it? ... Well that has happened before but im sure they dont want it to be a trend .

Just a thought, dismiss if its not a viable option.

Maarkus

xRyuzanki
10-05-2015, 01:23 AM
If they will bring back the para Gems and Eye Gems ;
They should make para Gems tradeable . :D :D

Titanium
10-05-2015, 01:37 AM
Just another thread put down by casual players * clap * * clap * . Nothing new under the sun.

For me, people who don't want para/eye back or a jewel with same potencial as those 2 gems are casual players or they have a personal vedentta. And for those who have no winding on their brain. Yea, Zeus is clearly trying something here on forum. I don't know what for he needs more gold than he actually has since paragem will be obtainable for everyone? That logic.

I don't freaking want another boring awful flawed event like Ursoth 2015. Worst event ever made. Why? We couldn't have something to make gold from.

I don't want something good to be obtainable by casual players. I want to get something which i can hoard and make gold from in 1 week or 6 months after it's release. If we are going to get another bad reward hard to obtain like a vanity/backpack/banner then we are screwed. Since elites aren't a good way to make gold from how about buffing the prizes of Halloween event?

Magemagix
10-05-2015, 01:44 AM
As i have said in many threads plz bring back paras nd eyes( non tradable bt stachable nd removable)

Sts said they will nt bring back para/eye gems so bring para/eye jewelss.

Nd talking abt jewels system its currently insane, before one could equip lepre run wt4 nd farm a lot of gems. Nd its easy to get 54( 18+18+18) grand fire+glacial+blood gems than getting 1 noble finesse.

And those who r saying they will get replaced, either they want vanity wings for plat reward or have crafted enough jewels or r hoarders.

Nd they should fix jewels drop ratee. Make them drop in low lvl areas like wt4/kt with the same drop rate as essense nd change there rarity to epic( they r mythic nw lol)

+1 to anyone for para nd eyes

Bellaelda
10-05-2015, 01:55 AM
+1... Bring back eyes n paras or rethink jewels system... Current jewels are pointless waste of time and not worth the hassle

Tatman
10-05-2015, 03:19 AM
Jewel system is a complete flop. You don't need to be Zeus to see it.

If it were a viable alternative for gems, no-one would make threads like this one here. Unfortunately it is not and it won't be anytime soon. Gems will phase out - just lol at this.

So yes - revisit and completely overhaul the jewel system or bring back the high end gems.

supersyan
10-05-2015, 03:32 AM
This thread should be in suggestion and feedback section as it contains suggestions and feedback.

And as for the opinion the para stone should return with glow effect and not with any stats. If they come with the original stats it would ruin the current jewel system which devs worked hard for it. Eventually the gems will phased out.
The jewel system is excellent for somebody who work for their jewel. Because they can reuse their jewels and can upgrade to next tier.

its a burden for those who don't work for their jewel and simply buy from cs.

extrapayah
10-05-2015, 03:37 AM
the title is well written, it is a dillema

even if your intention is good, to make everyone can have para/eyes again, probably most people will sell them for gold instead of using them, so the goal to balance everyone by letting players using para/eye will not be reached. and if they force it by making the gems untradeable, it will only re-live the scam with para gems. and in the end still, OPs with limited edition items will still be there. so, nothing will change

if sts wants to stick with the jewels, they need to force it to phase out, by making it stop scaling up on next cap and probably a limited time exchange of gems to jewels

and anyway they need to increase the chance for looting sns

Bameely
10-05-2015, 04:14 AM
I really hope Para and Eyes will be back simply cos I didnt start playing AL till early this year when halloween already ended!! I want the Bling Bling (besides the power) !!! :star::star:

Jazzi
10-05-2015, 04:31 AM
Honestly the main problem here is the jewels system: higher tier jewels, especially multiple higher tier ones are practically impossible to achieve and those which are (e.g. nature, water) are extremely useless at end game. Further there is nothing as good as para and eye gems.

Sts needs to either fix the extremely flawed jewels system, or return even gems.

P.S. Either way we need proper rewards for Halloween. After the failure Ursoth was, I am afraid that it my be last event for many if it is yet another flop.

Oursizes
10-05-2015, 05:16 AM
Just another thread put down by casual players * clap * * clap * . Nothing new under the sun.

For me, people who don't want para/eye back or a jewel with same potencial as those 2 gems are casual players or they have a personal vedentta. And for those who have no winding on their brain. Yea, Zeus is clearly trying something here on forum. I don't know what for he needs more gold than he actually has since paragem will be obtainable for everyone? That logic.

I don't freaking want another boring awful flawed event like Ursoth 2015. Worst event ever made. Why? We couldn't have something to make gold from.

I don't want something good to be obtainable by casual players. I want to get something which i can hoard and make gold from in 1 week or 6 months after it's release. If we are going to get another bad reward hard to obtain like a vanity/backpack/banner then we are screwed. Since elites aren't a good way to make gold from how about buffing the prizes of Halloween event?

I have been wondering also. Its possible that he is hoping people may think that eye gems will come back, therefore the price becomes lower and he can hoard more? Or he may soon (before everyone else) know for sure if they will come back or not, that way he can sell all of his eye gem/para gem items and hoard gems when they come back. No one in this world tries to help anyone else without wanting something out of it. So either it is that hes attempting to manipulate the market by a well thought-out post, or he has some insider information, and is hoping that the point of "gems wont be brought back" sticks out, so prices are driven further up. As we know, sts is quick to change their mind. Who knows,para gems and eye gems might come back.

Titanium
10-05-2015, 05:55 AM
I have been wondering also. Its possible that he is hoping people may think that eye gems will come back, therefore the price becomes lower and he can hoard more? Or he may soon (before everyone else) know for sure if they will come back or not, that way he can sell all of his eye gem/para gem items and hoard gems when they come back. No one in this world tries to help anyone else without wanting something out of it. So either it is that hes attempting to manipulate the market by a well thought-out post, or he has some insider information, and is hoping that the point of "gems wont be brought back" sticks out, so prices are driven further up. As we know, sts is quick to change their mind. Who knows,para gems and eye gems might come back.

Do you know that was sarcasm, right?

Samhayne stated last year that Mods/Devs won't give any "tips" in chatbox to anyone, either if he's name Zeus or Oursizes. Logically, if para gem is coming back then people are going to rush-sell eye gems, price will drop , right? I know a market manipulation when I see one from miles away. Eye gems are so costly because jewel system is awful. I personally made a comeback seeing fossil put in vendore store which made me decide to buy many vials. All the insight information that you are talking about are in the AL Announcements.

Transfordark
10-05-2015, 06:17 AM
I totally agree with you on this, yes the gems like para and eye will never die and there will be hoarders and the people who can afford them but either make this jewel system give atleast decent stats or introduce para or eye gems back into the game.
These are kinds of gems which wont ever die so why not bring them back and make it available for many players.

Wutzgood
10-05-2015, 06:31 AM
I doubt they will bring para and eye gems back but if they do I'll have all of my wutz characters running the event for them lol. I'll most likely add another 20 characters also.

Oursizes
10-05-2015, 07:00 AM
Do you know that was sarcasm, right?

Samhayne stated last year that Mods/Devs won't give any "tips" in chatbox to anyone, either if he's name Zeus or Oursizes. Logically, if para gem is coming back then people are going to rush-sell eye gems, price will drop , right? I know a market manipulation when I see one from miles away. Eye gems are so costly because jewel system is awful. I personally made a comeback seeing fossil put in vendore store which made me decide to buy many vials. All the insight information that you are talking about are in the AL Announcements.

Well I was not being sarcastic. They arent supposed to favor certain players either, but the sns fiasco proved that wrong.

nelson131
10-05-2015, 07:19 AM
the title is well written, it is a dillema

even if your intention is good, to make everyone can have para/eyes again, probably most people will sell them for gold instead of using them, so the goal to balance everyone by letting players using para/eye will not be reached. and if they force it by making the gems untradeable, it will only re-live the scam with para gems. and in the end still, OPs with limited edition items will still be there. so, nothing will change

if sts wants to stick with the jewels, they need to force it to phase out, by making it stop scaling up on next cap and probably a limited time exchange of gems to jewels

and anyway they need to increase the chance for looting sns
Easy. New para gem's stats only apply once. It will still have its first time bonus, but the second new para gem gives no stats at all. So, only 1 will be useful to any player. Thus, no one will be able to stack them, as stacking them doesnt give them any extra stats.
Eg. Equipping 10 new paras = 8dmg*damage bonus
Equipping 1 new para= 8 dmg *damage binus
Sts introduced these gems to give everyone shiny effects and extra damage, not to make some ppl extremely op. Also, make these gem un-removable, and promise to release them every halloween.
Boom! All problems solved.

Or, make new jewels that drop everywhere that are identical to eyes and paras.

However, they do not scale. U need to collect like 2000 crack jewels to make one of them(does not take up inv space and stack like essenses) tradable, stashable. Also, their basic cracked forms drop like essences. The jewles are lv41. Their basic cracked form gives no stats.

Then, increse jewel stats significantly all across the board and greatly increase jewel drop rates. Make main stat jewels drop everywhere.

Boom. All problems solved

Madnex
10-05-2015, 07:53 AM
Sounds like someone just sold out his eye gems stock. ;)

Excuses
10-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Half agree half disagree.

Disagree because, as we all know, current jewel system needs to fixed first, not bring gems back. If gems are coming back and jewels stay as they are, it will be a mess.

Agree because, like you said, there will be always hoarders and only riches will use para and eye as new gears come out. It will be better to give everyone to farm them again. Jewels fail to take the fisrt place of end game atm. Continuing current jewel system and limiting para and eyes will only cause more imbalance.

I like the idea of crafting jewels. If we could craft any same level of jewels, it would be interesting. But drop rate must be increased in this case.

Zeus
10-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Sounds like someone just sold out his eye gems stock. ;)

Nah, I still have quite a few man. :p

Zeus
10-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Lets revisit this topic in 6 months from now, it seems...when people have stats others cannot possibly touch.

thorasaur
10-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Why don't people get the point that bringing para/eye back in the events is just a temporary solution... It's not as if everyone commenting here (with a few exceptions ofc) didn't get a chance to earn these gems when they were released earlier. If they bring those gems back 6months down the line you will find the same people complaining about these gems and 1 year later towards the start of event people making such posts again.
What we need is a permanent solution maybe somehow tweaking the current jewels system so thay they are comparable. I am not against bringing these gems back so please don't try to twist my words here.
What I would like to see is a reasonable permanent solution (current jewel system isn't reasonable)

Disproves
10-05-2015, 10:04 AM
+1 bring em back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alhuntrazeck
10-05-2015, 10:34 AM
How about -

Change para gems to add +7.5 damage (not bonus damage, the actual stat) on the first gem and 2.5 for every subsequent gem. #YuGotTrolled

Lastmind
10-05-2015, 01:08 PM
Hello,

I completely disagree. I would rather see that STS removes all gems that are not socketed into any gear and announces that one month in advance to keep the market crash in check. I can accept that eyes and paras will be in the 46 mythic gear since it is the first season of the jewel system, but I definitely do not want to see a single gem in lv51 gear!

Xdumbx
10-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Your logic is Flawed.

He is not winning bro, and you are thinking he wants it back for money (realy fml, lol he got plenty of gold to last him a life time. He just is trying to help get the game back, to be fun.) I one thing to say to u, chill man, chill.

Candylicks
10-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Ikr you can't remove them. People worked hard to obtain them. They truly need to fix the jewels... It's a good system with potential but not adequate as we still rely on old gems.

Ipoopsy
10-05-2015, 02:40 PM

i totally agree with you.

Ipoopsy
10-05-2015, 02:44 PM
I totally agree with you on this, yes the gems like para and eye will never die and there will be hoarders and the people who can afford them but either make this jewel system give atleast decent stats or introduce para or eye gems back into the game.
These are kinds of gems which wont ever die so why not bring them back and make it available for many players.

If its brought back, it will be 10X Worst in the near future. Thats how many more hoarders will be...You will get Old and now New people who will hoard them.

Just let it phase out like it was intended to. Just remember, once you craft it its stuck on that equipment forever. And if AL ever last that long, it eventually, be another equipment that no one will use as time goes by (especially for end games).

Haligali
10-05-2015, 02:53 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=2253081

we hear you

Ipoopsy
10-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Lets revisit this topic in 6 months from now, it seems...when people have stats others cannot possibly touch.

It's better to review this when there's a new lvl cap. Because everything that comes out and if it stays at the same lvl. It really doesn't change anything.

hallowring
10-05-2015, 03:05 PM
i find para to be highly destrucrive and op but of course i believe that is one of the reasons is why sts has discontinued it XD that still didnt stop ppl from using para lol

DarrenPR
10-05-2015, 03:10 PM
I agree that para and eyes should come back. I disagree that they should be a reward from an event. Making them an event reward makes them an exclusive item, even if the event is recurring. Make them both tradeable and farmable (in a super hard to obtain way - I don't care) that way everybody has a chance to get them and nobody runs the risk of getting scammed from a guy "selling" his hoarded para from last year

Zuorsyra
10-05-2015, 03:18 PM
I agree that para and eyes should come back. I disagree that they should be a reward from an event. Making them an event reward makes them an exclusive item, even if the event is recurring. Make them both tradeable and farmable (in a super hard to obtain way - I don't care) that way everybody has a chance to get them and nobody runs the risk of getting scammed from a guy "selling" his hoarded para from last year
Or put those Paras in locks and make them tradeable.

phaixe
10-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Wouldn't it be better to rework the current jewel system rather than bringing back old gems? Gems tied to events are bad for the game because they aren't obtainable normally. If a new player joins after the event and they realize they have to pay a premium or wait a year to obtain a powerful item, that just discourages them. Stopping the gems in game from scaling further and revamping the current jewel system would be much better for the game in the long run. Bringing back para/eye is only a bandaid on a problem that will have to be addressed at a later date anyways.

imbd
10-05-2015, 03:52 PM
I agree 100% w Zeus paras n eyes must come back in Halloween & Winter. It will be a change tht will benifit all players from the twinks to the endgames.
Gl Zeus!
In:Sented

Ipoopsy
10-05-2015, 06:02 PM
IMO, I think he's whining... ( I believed he has a second agenda, which is below this sentence)

With that much he has, picture him buying the majority and hoards it...then your back to the same thing again.... (like post #61)

The OP, will ALWAYS be OP...now and in the future, but with his way, it be constantly. If you let the Parastone phase out...it will eventually be on the same lvl playing field for all later on.

Don't get me wrong, for the people who said they have tons of those parastone save...it doesn't mean anything, until you craft them. And if it's not crafted, that means, parastone is useless in their inventory.

Again, let it Phase Out. For those selective few people who still have them will eventually use them up if and when they see better items coming. And if not, it's still useless in their inventory collecting dust.

And if STS catered to people like this, then this game will be a lost cause sooner than later.

Zeus
10-05-2015, 07:16 PM
If its brought back, it will be 10X Worst in the near future. Thats how many more hoarders will be...You will get Old and now New people who will hoard them.

Just let it phase out like it was intended to. Just remember, once you craft it its stuck on that equipment forever. And if AL ever last that long, it eventually, be another equipment that no one will use as time goes by (especially for end games).

PL was their longest lasting game and it lasted approximately 3 years. AL is on its second year and expansions take approximately 8 months.

Again, let's have this conversation 6 months from now and see who is on the winning side of this argument.

Zeus
10-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Wouldn't it be better to rework the current jewel system rather than bringing back old gems? Gems tied to events are bad for the game because they aren't obtainable normally. If a new player joins after the event and they realize they have to pay a premium or wait a year to obtain a powerful item, that just discourages them. Stopping the gems in game from scaling further and revamping the current jewel system would be much better for the game in the long run. Bringing back para/eye is only a bandaid on a problem that will have to be addressed at a later date anyways.

The damage is already done. Had STG made eye and para gems non-gemmable for L46 gear, we would not be having this conversation.

Caabatric
10-05-2015, 07:21 PM
IMO, I think he's whining... ( I believed he has a second agenda, which is below this sentence)

With that much he has, picture him buying the majority and hoards it...then your back to the same thing again.... (like post #61)

The OP, will ALWAYS be OP...now and in the future, but with his way, it be constantly. If you let the Parastone phase out...it will eventually be on the same lvl playing field for all later on.

Don't get me wrong, for the people who said they have tons of those parastone save...it doesn't mean anything, until you craft them. And if it's not crafted, that means, parastone is useless in their inventory.

Again, let it Phase Out. For those selective few people who still have them will eventually use them up if and when they see better items coming. And if not, it's still useless in their inventory collecting dust.

And if STS catered to people like this, then this game will be a lost cause sooner than later.

Have you seen the recent gear coming out???
Heck if 3 noble jewels are placed in the new mythic ring, the arcane ring is still better.....
Only the new mythic armor is an update only if these jewels are spent..... And I would dare say most people will use eye gems into these sockets, not para stones....

Also, let us assume that their are 5000-7000 players that play this game.
Of that group only about 300-600 will achieve max gear. (let us go with 450)

If 450 people have to max out 18 slots with these high end gems, then 8100 of these high end gems will be used... BUT, considering these people will not have to re-gem their arcane ring, their planar pendant, and their weapon, only 9 high end gems are required..... Meaning only 4050 gems need to be used.

With the way sts is releasing gear, it will be about a year before all the high end players completely abandon their own gear sets, in which case most of these layers have already hoarded all the gems they need to be OP for another year....

I would say at least 2 more years before all these gems are cycled out...Tell me if you would like to wait that long.....

Zeus
10-05-2015, 07:21 PM

Sorry, I don't think you understand. I ALREADY have the gems to be OP. I have them slotted in the new mythic helm (10M value) and I have enough for the new mythic armor. Given that life expectancy for sets is approximately 6-8 months, my safety is already written in stone. Your protests will change nothing regarding this. The game runs on money & im fortunate to have endless amounts of it.

And if you think people like me do not prepare in advance, boy...you are wrong.

Zeus
10-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Have you seen the recent gear coming out???
Heck if 3 noble jewels are placed in the new mythic ring, the arcane ring is still better.....
Only the new mythic armor is an update only if these jewels are spent..... And I would dare say most people will use eye gems into these sockets, not para stones....

Also, let us assume that their are 5000-7000 players that play this game.
Of that group only about 300-600 will achieve max gear. (let us go with 450)

If 450 people have to max out 18 slots with these high end gems, then 8100 of these high end gems will be used... BUT, considering these people will not have to re-gem their arcane ring, their planar pendant, and their weapon, only 9 high end gems are required..... Meaning only 4050 gems need to be used.

With the way sts is releasing gear, it will be about a year before all the high end players completely abandon their own gear sets, in which case most of these layers have already hoarded all the gems they need to be OP for another year....

I would say at least 2 more years before all these gems are cycled out...Tell me if you would like to wait that long.....

Thank you for bringing numbers into this. Ipoopsy seems to embody his name. (:

Candylicks
10-05-2015, 07:50 PM

It will never phase out of twink gear though. The point of this thread is to either bring Para back so we can all be super power or have StS take our gripes on jewels more serious. Zeus doesn't have any secret motives, lol.

Oursizes
10-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Sorry, I don't think you understand. I ALREADY have the gems to be OP. I have them slotted in the new mythic helm (10M value) and I have enough for the new mythic armor. Given that life expectancy for sets is approximately 6-8 months, my safety is already written in stone. Your protests will change nothing regarding this. The game runs on money & im fortunate to have endless amounts of it.

Yea wouldnt be so hard to bribe sts by shelling out a few thousand dollars would it? I mean it has technically been done before.

Tatman
10-05-2015, 09:35 PM
The damage is already done. Had STG made eye and para gems non-gemmable for L46 gear, we would not be having this conversation.
Exactly. Keeping those gems in the game (plus scaling some of the others wtf?) was an even dumber move than releasing this failure a.k.a. "the jewel system".

A lot of the other gems won't phase out even in two years. Actually, in 2 years things might get even worse, asuming a new cap is out by then. Why? Well, because we might find out that, say, scaled tarlok gems (so many of those hoarded, it's not even funny) are better than the best jewels available. Imagine it for a moment. :)

Zeus
10-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Yea wouldnt be so hard to bribe sts by shelling out a few thousand dollars would it? I mean it has technically been done before.

When I spend money on STG, there are usually packages with certain amounts of in game currency for certain amounts of real world currency. Is there something different for you? :rolleyes:

Year
10-06-2015, 12:06 AM
i think its a cool idea to bring them back. they messed up the game in some people's eyes so no harm in messing it up just a little bit more huh

Titanium
10-06-2015, 12:19 AM

Is para gem free to get? you can farm how many you please and hoard how many you want.

Zeus
10-06-2015, 01:15 AM
i don't care about your youtube link. It doesn't matter if you have lots of gold or not. The point is, if Parastone / eyes comes back...it will be 10X worst and almost impossible to fix afterward.

Everyone already know, theres a small % of the entire AL populations have those already. (And i do mean SMALL %) That's y it needs to Phase OUT.

Like i said to you long time ago, let the DEV do their jobs, because they the one that actually create the game in the first place. And i repeat again, if you think your know more than them about their own game. Then i beg to differ, and go apply for their job,

It seems that other players would like the same opportunity to be as OP as the 1 percenters. How's the game FAIR if that opportunity is not provided? Wether you want to earn it or not is up to you. Last I checked, it cost about 1m in energy kits to get a para gem and most of it was returned through drops.

If you don't want to earn the gems. Thats fine, there's a long list of people who do and if they're willing to work for it then opportunity should be given.

Ipoopsy
10-06-2015, 01:19 AM
It seems that other players would like the same opportunity to be as OP as the 1 percenters. How's the game FAIR if that opportunity is not provided? Wether you want to earn it or not is up to you. Last I checked, it cost about 1m in energy kits to get a para gem and most of it was returned through drops.

If you don't want to earn the gems. Thats fine, there's a long list of people who do and if they're willing to work for it then opportunity should be given.

You just want a quick fix for short term by hurting the game in the long run..

Think of it long term for a business.

Obviously, you don't.

Titanium
10-06-2015, 01:33 AM
i don't care your youtube link. It doesn't matter if you have lots of gold or not. The point is, if Parastone / eyes comes back...it will be 10X worst and almost impossible to fix afterward.

Everyone already know, theres a small % of the entire AL populations have those already. (And i do mean SMALL %) That's y it needs to Phase OUT.

Like i said to you long time ago, let the DEV do their jobs, because they the one that actually create the game in the first place. And i repeat again, if you think your know more than them about their own game. Then i beg to differ, and go apply for their job,

I could get 2 parastones in 5 hours farming with my friends at level 15 ( this happend in the first day ) . My party was formed by 2 tanks + 2 rogues. Also i managed to finish in top 10 mages during that event. If i wouldn't run for leaderboard I would end easily with 20 paragems or even more. That's how easy is to farm paragems. Before coming here and tell us same bs "it will be 10x worst" how about sharing more of your insight information how it's actually going to be worse?

I have one paragem in my planar pendant and i want to hoard a lot of paragem so i could make gold at some point to afford new gear. But how heck im going to make gold in this game if elites have a broken crafting system and para doesn't come back? Either you want to log-in for halloween event do you 3 daily runs and log off or either you have a personal vendetta?

If all of us want the same thing doesn't mean we are kissing each other a**. If this logic applies for you then i could say you are kissing the a** of those who don't want paragem back. By the way, the only reason we have decent gear is that we did sacrifices for it, you did what? you come here and tell me "it's going to be 10x worse than before" . DEVS are going to do what they want at the end of the day. This thread is mostly a pole for those who want paragems back... look how this turn out.

Paragem is still very common. Actually used to be more common but our gear got outdated... but i'm pretty sure you knew that.. right... right.

Zeus
10-06-2015, 08:42 AM
You just want a quick fix for short term by hurting the game in the long run..

Think of it long term for a business.

Obviously, you don't.

What's the long term fix then? Fixing jewels? We've pleaded with STG to make jewels on the level of enchanted eye gems or Paracelsus gems without success.

I'm fine with either solution - so long as equal stats may be reach. I just think that this is the more realistic one.

Wazakesy
10-06-2015, 09:55 AM
If paras do return, it would be helpful for the PvE aspect once again, I'd like to point out that the damage from para @ 450% Bonus damage (rogue perspective) is pretty good. On mages, it's good too, and might also be good for a warrior for the sake of maintaining aggro?

yubaraj
10-06-2015, 10:22 AM
Probably yes, If STS add more new gears in the near future. (Some will probably be better and some worst) But it will Phase OUT.

But thats besides the point. Some twink gears already have it. So the point is moot. If it comes back or not, TWINK Will still have it,if they already gem it before.

It's for the better good.

Do you still think para gem will phase out from twink. I think you answered it probably yes but how and when. I am confused now.
Even STS release the new gear with better stats, gears with para will be better unless they release a gear with bonus damage of 7 for twink. I don't think it will happen.

There are some twinks who has full para and some para and eye gears. They are too op and without same setup you cannot compete with them.

How the heck new player is suppose to get para gem gears if it isn't available again. Is it fair? Do you call that balance. If STS release the para jewel again new player have a chance to obtain it even after a year. We have a little bit hope to get competitive. It's same for the endgame I guess.

Not releasing para gem will give benefit to only those who can still put para gem in their gear. But releasing a para gem will benefit to the whole community and give some hope to new players who could not play the last halloween.

About the jewel thingy when they opened the test server highest damge jewel was .6. Even though many of us suggested to make those jewels equivalent to para and eye. STS replied that , "Para and eye are special event gem which were very hard to obtain". LOL. If their primary objective was to phase out para and eye they should have made the jewels give equal or more stat but they didn't and because of that old gear is powerful than the new one. I am not dumb enough to choose the new one which gives me less stats than the old one.

Now here we are waiting for that one year which is already hard enough. STS must release the para jewel this halloween to balance things out.

extrapayah
10-06-2015, 11:41 AM
dev already said that jewels will have more potential than the current one (referring to haligali's link), nuff said, let them stick to it.

Ipoopsy
10-06-2015, 11:55 AM

I rest my case....

You said it yourself.

That's the type of player you are, trying to start something like that so YOU CAN HOARD MORE FOR FUTURE Expansion.

Ipoopsy
10-06-2015, 12:03 PM
What's the long term fix then? Fixing jewels? We've pleaded with STG to make jewels on the level of enchanted eye gems or Paracelsus gems without success.

I'm fine with either solution - so long as equal stats may be reach. I just think that this is the more realistic one.

Just wait and see what they will do, unless you don't have the patience to.

Then by all mean start more useless posts and the cycle continues...

Ipoopsy
10-06-2015, 12:05 PM
dev already said that jewels will have more potential than the current one (referring to haligali's link), nuff said, let them stick to it.

Agree. Just wait and see what the Dev will do.

yubaraj
10-06-2015, 12:17 PM

It has potential I won't deny it.

Just tell me how many days, weeks, months, years I have to farm if I play 2 hours a day to equip one legendary gear with noble jewel.

Another thing about para jewel on twinks. Even STS bring higher tier jewels twink gear with para will be stronger for I don't how many years.

Simple easy fix buff jewel drops and buff stat on some jewels if para and eye gems are not coming.

Ipoopsy
10-06-2015, 12:26 PM
It has potential I won't deny it.

Just tell me how many days, weeks, months, years I have to farm if I play 2 hours a day to equip one legendary gear with noble jewel.

Another thing about para jewel on twinks. Even STS bring higher tier jewels twink gear with para will be stronger for I don't how many years.

Simple easy fix buff jewel drops and buff stat on some jewels if para and eye gems are not coming.

The drop rates for jewels are fine. I can almost guaranteed you that all of the jewels have the same drop rate odds on certain maps, just depends on which maps you farm.

It just that many players prefer, the typical jewels (fury, chaos, finesse, instead of nature, water...etc)

yubaraj
10-06-2015, 12:51 PM
The drop rates for jewels are fine. I can almost guaranteed you that all of the jewels have the same drop rate odds on certain maps, just depends on which maps you farm.

It just that many players prefer, the typical jewels (fury, chaos, finesse, instead of nature, water...etc)

I will give you a general estimate. Just assumptions though

2 hours farming jewels = 10-15 if you get lucky and have average gears

3^7=2187 lowest tier jewels needed for noble

Days needed to farm 1 noble jewel= 2187/15=145 days.

You almost need 4 months to just farm 1 noble jewels if you are a casual player. If you think 4 months to farm 1 noble jewel is fine with you then I don't have to say anything further.

Ya use water, nature jewels in your gears. I think that's what you prefer, right?

BTW This issue has been brought up several times by many players.

Edit: to the STS- what's the theory behind farming 1 noble jewel takes 4-5 months whereas farming 1 para jewel took 2 weeks?
Do you guys still think current jewel system will balance the game? When? How? If rich people can buy noble and attain the highest possible stat in few months ; Whereas normal people will have to wait years to come even close. Jewel system is really not helping at all.

Caabatric
10-06-2015, 06:41 PM
I will give you a general estimate. Just assumptions though

2 hours farming jewels = 10-15 if you get lucky and have average gears

3^7=2187 lowest tier jewels needed for noble

Days needed to farm 1 noble jewel= 2187/15=145 days.

You almost need 4 months to just farm 1 noble jewels if you are a casual player. If you think 4 months to farm 1 noble jewel is fine with you then I don't have to say anything further.

Ya use water, nature jewels in your gears. I think that's what you prefer, right?

BTW This issue has been brought up several times by many players.

Edit: to the STS- what's the theory behind farming 1 noble jewel takes 4-5 months whereas farming 1 para jewel took 2 weeks?
Do you guys still think current jewel system will balance the game? When? How? If rich people can buy noble and attain the highest possible stat in few months ; Whereas normal people will have to wait years to come even close. Jewel system is really not helping at all.

Your numbers are off. You are assuming you get 10-15 of the SAME jewel for your estimate. This is not the case for 2 hours of farming (except maybe water/nature but it seems that you are implying primary stat jewels) Even however if these were right 145 days is far too much.

I dont remember who suggested it but another way to balance out the problem that "the top players will hoard them" is to release them in either both arena chests, and elite gold orc chests with a drop rate 10 times less frequent then the vial drop rate.

(it was either, dex scene, visiting, tatman or all 3 who suggested the above)

yubaraj
10-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Your numbers are off. You are assuming you get 10-15 of the SAME jewel for your estimate. This is not the case for 2 hours of farming (except maybe water/nature but it seems that you are implying primary stat jewels) Even however if these were right 145 days is far too much.

Hehe. I was assuming and I said if you get lucky. I know that's not the case.

To be honest I could only farm 2 fineese, 1 mind, 2 fury and others in 1 hour. Thats my case. I don't know about others so I said lucky if you get 10 same jewels. Remember word lucky.

And you are saying 145 days is too much. How? Why?

Can you tell me how many cracked jewels you need to make one noble jewels?

So tell me if you can farm 10/15 same jewels per day, then how many days it will take to craft one single noble jewel.

Caabatric
10-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Hehe. I was assuming and I said if you get lucky. I know that's not the case.

To be honest I could only farm 2 fineese, 1 mind, 2 fury and others in 1 hour. Thats my case. I don't know about others so I said lucky if you get 10 same jewels. Remember word lucky.

And you are saying 145 days is too much. How? Why?

Can you tell me how many cracked jewels you need to make one noble jewels?

So tell me if you can farm 10/15 same jewels per day, then how many days it will take to craft one single noble jewel.

oh i see missed "lucky" lol. (what i meant by 145 days being to much, I was agreeing with your point not saying that their was a miscalculation)

So all your calculations were right assuming the luck factor. ( I personally get 2 of the same kind in 1 hour, as of 3 weeks ago)

So 2187/2 = 1093.5 1 hour play sessions. (AKA 1093.5 hours)

1093.5 days for one noble jewel for 1 hour play sessions
546.75 days for one noble jewel for 2 hour play sessions
364.5 days for one noble jewel for 3 hour play sessions ( just under a year)
273.375 days for one noble jewel for 4 hour play sessions (do your own math if you play longer than this....)
136.6875 days for one noble jewel for 8 hour play sessions

Ofc this is all statistical, and is purely based on luck.
I believe enigimatic held a jewel farming contest once. My friend would farm 26 jewels a day and would take him over 4 hours to do so, remember these were all different types of jewels.....

Jazzi
10-07-2015, 03:19 AM
oh i see missed "lucky" lol. (what i meant by 145 days being to much, I was agreeing with your point not saying that their was a miscalculation)

So all your calculations were right assuming the luck factor. ( I personally get 2 of the same kind in 1 hour, as of 3 weeks ago)

So 2187/2 = 1093.5 1 hour play sessions. (AKA 1093.5 hours)

1093.5 days for one noble jewel for 1 hour play sessions
546.75 days for one noble jewel for 2 hour play sessions
364.5 days for one noble jewel for 3 hour play sessions ( just under a year)
273.375 days for one noble jewel for 4 hour play sessions (do your own math if you play longer than this....)
136.6875 days for one noble jewel for 8 hour play sessions

Ofc this is all statistical, and is purely based on luck.
I believe enigimatic held a jewel farming contest once. My friend would farm 26 jewels a day and would take him over 4 hours to do so, remember these were all different types of jewels.....

Honestly, from a developer's position expecting someone to play 2 hours per day on average over years is delusional. If this fairy tale player would want to farm 18 noble jewels by farming jewels only 2 hours per day it would take her/him 9841.5 days or 26.96 years. This calculation has been done by others as well, based on their luck and it was always between 25 and 35 years for whole nobles set. This is beyond broken... Sadly the developers seem to think it were ok.

extrapayah
10-07-2015, 08:47 AM
Honestly, from a developer's position expecting someone to play 2 hours per day on average over years is delusional. If this fairy tale player would want to farm 18 noble jewels by farming jewels only 2 hours per day it would take her/him 9841.5 days or 26.96 years. This calculation has been done by others as well, based on their luck and it was always between 25 and 35 years for whole nobles set. This is beyond broken... Sadly the developers seem to think it were ok.

yeah, saddening indeed... before elite maps released, i hoped that sts would made higher tier jewel droppable at elite maps... but they didn't...

Justno
10-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Would like to bring this back to the OPs suggestion, I 100% agree, as some people have stated developers have said they will fade out blah blah blah. Maybe one day, at end game but that it not in the near future and I mean...waaayyyyy off even if they do; twinks won't change levels, there will always be twinks dominating pvp with paras/eyes.
At end game, the only way to fix the issue is to bring back paras and eyes as this will both re fill the market and give a chance for new players to gain these gems. Para/eye items are still the most expensive and sought after items in the entire game....its all about "equality" and "reducing the gap between rich and poor" introducing the Jewel system widened that gap in some respects, normal blood/fire/Glac are fairly costly if you filling your whole gear with them, especially if your going for super gems, there's also no point buying jewels as they are just as expensive if you want to get the same boost...
I strongly recommend bringing back these gems...for everyone's sake...

Nawazxx
07-20-2021, 11:51 AM
+1 for gems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk