PDA

View Full Version : XP idea

ZHEOTARE
05-15-2011, 11:03 AM
I'd like to see people be able to gain XP in any level they run. It would work like this though...

A level 55 would get the same XP they do now for Belfort Sewers. The amount they get per kill would then be tiered down based on the recommended level they were in. So in a stage rated 25-30, they would receive .5 XP per kill. In FH, they would get .1 XP per kill.

A level 30 in FH may get .5 XP per kill...

This would make the game become a little less monotonous. As a level 55, I only have a handful of stages in which to gain XP. There are days I want to do something other than kill Gold Fever, but then I have to decide between trekking toward 56, or running stages that I don't get much gold, and zero XP. By setting up this way I can run any number of stages, and at least gain a small amount of XP.

Thoughts??

azulflame
05-15-2011, 11:05 AM
sounds good. but then nobody farms BS for the pinks and the price will be EXTREMELY high, probable 5x higher than current, at least.

Ellyidol
05-15-2011, 11:09 AM
I'd have to disagree.

An XP cap has always existed in all of the MMORPGs I've been through. This stops high level players from just having it easy and staying and crowding up lower level maps. This also forces the higher level players to actually use the end-game maps that were designed for them.

I've come across a few games that have this system, no XP cap. A high level player can still get XP from maps/mobs way lower level than him, BUT the ratio for the XP gained from the lower level mobs compared to one appropriate mob was something in the 100,000/1.

thugimmortal
05-15-2011, 11:30 AM
I think we only got 1xp per kill anyway from lvl 53-56
I agree that it would make it too easy to level up and therefore bring more unexperienced lvl 50+ players we get enough through power leveling.

Arterra
05-15-2011, 01:00 PM
the ratio for the XP gained from the lower level mobs compared to one appropriate mob was something in the 100,000/1.

that sound about right.

although i lol at that ratio... what is it, anarchy online? where you can get to the thousands of levels?

ZHEOTARE
05-15-2011, 01:06 PM
I think it would depend on how much it was tiered down. Right now I get 1 per kill in each of the sewer levels. If I do a stage with 100 enemies, then I get 100 XP in about 5 minutes. If you got .1 per kill in FH, you'd get 10 XP in a stage with 100 enemies, in about 3 minutes. For leveling purposes, you wouldn't want to hang out in FH. But if I'm farming there, or helping a friend with one of their alts, then at least I'm gaining something.

I agree that if it was worth it to run an easy stage such as FH to level, it would ruin the end game stages and boost prices. I would just like to see us receive something, however small, for being there.

Wouldn't it be easier to incorporate something like the tiered down XP system, then to develop more end game stages?? I think it's been said that the march from 55 to 56 is the same or higher than 1-55. Yet 55-56 is limited to a handful of stages.

Ellyidol
05-15-2011, 01:15 PM
that sound about right.

although i lol at that ratio... what is it, anarchy online? where you can get to the thousands of levels?

Nah not Anarchy. I remember one being Ragnarok, since "botting" those days were quite common, I could get actual figures on XP, etc.

Other one was Rohan Blood Feud, you could see figures of XP too.

Fyrce
05-16-2011, 01:58 AM
I don't think you should get xp for killing anything 15 levels below you. Or even 8 levels below you, which you can right now.

Fatpigwarrior
05-16-2011, 02:57 AM
I'd have to disagree.

An XP cap has always existed in all of the MMORPGs I've been through. This stops high level players from just having it easy and staying and crowding up lower level maps. This also forces the higher level players to actually use the end-game maps that were designed for them.

I've come across a few games that have this system, no XP cap. A high level player can still get XP from maps/mobs way lower level than him, BUT the ratio for the XP gained from the lower level mobs compared to one appropriate mob was something in the 100,000/1.

In a game i play called grandchase level up in any dungeon is possible (1 dungeon per area)

B0w1-of-R1ce
05-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Rohan Blood Fued?! That used to be my game!!! Lol