PDA

View Full Version : Versus Tournament

Promagespvp
10-05-2015, 01:15 PM
What about to do a duels tournament with the new duel map? Would be awesome for those versus lovers as me..
Any thoughts?

Xdumbx
10-05-2015, 01:41 PM
it would be cool, the only thing is people will be rude when they loose :(.

hallowring
10-05-2015, 02:03 PM
+1 ikr X3 (^v^)

butterspar
10-05-2015, 06:57 PM
it would be cool, the only thing is people will be rude when they loose :(.

Then remove chat option, problem solved

Year
10-05-2015, 11:51 PM
remove chat, pets, skills, gear, buttons, game, life

this is why we can't have nice things ;-;

Endkey 2.0
10-06-2015, 04:15 AM
I proposed an idea before. It can work easily inside this arena. The system changes the pets randomly after every duel. Same for both of the duelers. The pet has to be owned by both of them to use it. Makes the dueling fair..and actually challenging. People are going to get bored easily if they keep using nekro.

Xdumbx
10-06-2015, 10:51 AM
lmao..............

MyIGNisVibing
10-07-2015, 03:43 AM
I proposed an idea before. It can work easily inside this arena. The system changes the pets randomly after every duel. Same for both of the duelers. The pet has to be owned by both of them to use it. Makes the dueling fair..and actually challenging. People are going to get bored easily if they keep using nekro.
Easily the worst idea I've ever heard sorry man.. And if I only own a guapo and a nekro maybe we can battle it out with free granted dearys

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Austella
10-07-2015, 09:57 PM
vs no pet ... prob solved lol
to be honest, with all the BS glitches and bugs with the pets lately, i dont trust anyone in vs anymore. (in twink)
people are so dishonest it baffles me at times lol

Arrowz
10-08-2015, 07:57 AM
vs no pet ... prob solved lol
to be honest, with all the BS glitches and bugs with the pets lately, i dont trust anyone in vs anymore. (in twink)
people are so dishonest it baffles me at times lol

Glitches and bugs with pets? Lmao

mesalin
10-08-2015, 08:49 AM
The one bug with pet is that stampy don't remove ( not yet) toor effect
Gg cx

<Forgiveness>

Arrowz
10-08-2015, 09:32 AM
The one bug with pet is that stampy don't remove ( not yet) toor effect
Gg cx

<Forgiveness>

If ur using stampy for vs u should lose anyways. Still dont get the point of austellas post

Endkey 2.0
10-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Easily the worst idea I've ever heard sorry man.. And if I only own a guapo and a nekro maybe we can battle it out with free granted dearys

when everything can have requirements, such as level requirements in elites, and getting into higher level maps, there can easily be some for this 1v1 arena. Basically you need 15 pets in total and atleast 7 pets of the same type as the person you are gonna fight with. If you dont have em, you dont get the option to ask them for a duel. :)

MyIGNisVibing
10-08-2015, 12:57 PM
when everything can have requirements, such as level requirements in elites, and getting into higher level maps, there can easily be some for this 1v1 arena. Basically you need 15 pets in total and atleast 7 pets of the same type as the person you are gonna fight with. If you dont have em, you dont get the option to ask them for a duel. :)
No..no...no... The worst..

And also add a requirement for stats too? If they're not good enough you shouldn't be able to vs... And maybe each person will be given a new skill build each fight..

Endkey 2.0
10-08-2015, 01:14 PM
No..no...no... The worst..

And also add a requirement for stats too? If they're not good enough you shouldn't be able to vs... And maybe each person will be given a new skill build each fight..

May i know ur class, ur lvl, ur gear and ur pet? and plus if ur so bent on saying so no my ideas, give me an idea u have regarding this matter.

MyIGNisVibing
10-08-2015, 01:30 PM
May i know ur class, ur lvl, ur gear and ur pet? and plus if ur so bent on saying so no my ideas, give me an idea u have regarding this matter.
L16 mage nekro

My idea is enter with the best gear you have and take somebody on.... That's the point of 1v1 isn't it? Not all of these dumb restrictions and such...
Doesn't make sense to have to own 7+ pets THAT THE OTHER PERSON ALSO MUST HAVE just to enter a vs. That's pretty rare and it would turn out to be very expensive... Not many people can afford 15 pets lmao.

Endkey 2.0
10-08-2015, 01:45 PM
L16 mage nekro

My idea is enter with the best gear you have and take somebody on.... That's the point of 1v1 isn't it? Not all of these dumb restrictions and such...
Doesn't make sense to have to own 7+ pets THAT THE OTHER PERSON ALSO MUST HAVE just to enter a vs. That's pretty rare and it would turn out to be very expensive... Not many people can afford 15 pets lmao.

the reason i asked for those things was because i knew you were a nekro user. You did not mention ur gears but i guess u have the best or close to the best gear available for lvl 16 mage. However, the thing you dont realize is, the rich arent the only ones existing in AL. What if someone whos not as geared as u are, and does not have a nekro comes and fights ya. Is it fair? and dont tell me that its his choice and all that. The only point of 1v1s are to determine the skills a person has. And to have fun ofc. How is it a skill thing when gear and pet factors still determine the amount of wins you get? Tbh i really think that the amount of people with skill in al is pretty low now. Everyone is so scared to fight without their nekros, their best gear, their rings and amulets. In earlier seasons people used to gear down easily, because at that time skill mattered more. Now LB and Kdr does, and noone has the guts to gear down and get owned. And trust me, i dont go around asking people to gear down. Endgame pvp is broken. I dont pvp at all now. Always had a passion for 1v1s and i have done those with almost all the pros there were two seasons ago. I just dont want sts to mess this up.

1v1s are a skill thing. If pets are going to determine if u win or not, you and I both know its the pet and not ur skill whos making you win :)

MyIGNisVibing
10-08-2015, 01:52 PM
the reason i asked for those things was because i knew you were a nekro user. You did not mention ur gears but i guess u have the best or close to the best gear available for lvl 16 mage. However, the thing you dont realize is, the rich arent the only ones existing in AL. What if someone whos not as geared as u are, and does not have a nekro comes and fights ya. Is it fair? and dont tell me that its his choice and all that. The only point of 1v1s are to determine the skills a person has. And to have fun ofc. How is it a skill thing when gear and pet factors still determine the amount of wins you get? Tbh i really think that the amount of people with skill in al is pretty low now. Everyone is so scared to fight without their nekros, their best gear, their rings and amulets. In earlier seasons people used to gear down easily, because at that time skill mattered more. Now LB and Kdr does, and noone has the guts to gear down and get owned. And trust me, i dont go around asking people to gear down. Endgame pvp is broken. I dont pvp at all now. Always had a passion for 1v1s and i have done those with almost all the pros there were two seasons ago. I just dont want sts to mess this up.

1v1s are a skill thing. If pets are going to determine if u win or not, you and I both know its the pet and not ur skill whos making you win :)
I completely agree with you in the fact that SO MANY people think kdr matters and if they boost to a 1k-20 kdr they will be pro and agree that's absolutely ridiculous.

On the other hand, I worked very hard for my gear and that being said I deserve to be able to use it as I please. If somebody else is less geared than me well then that's a goal for them to be able to get their gear upgraded to the next level. Asking a person who has upgraded all their gear to the highest point to "gear down" is absurd. My only set is the best set I have so I don't think that buying a nub set or pet to fight people of less gear is a good idea. That's part of the game man. PvP is always going to be the place where the best of the best knock heads. That's basically the proving ground of the game...
If you can't handle the heat don't be all up in the kitchen

Sent from my Nexus 5 using tapatalk

Endkey 2.0
10-08-2015, 02:01 PM
I completely agree with you in the fact that SO MANY people think kdr matters and if they boost to a 1k-20 kdr they will be pro and agree that's absolutely ridiculous.

On the other hand, I worked very hard for my gear and that being said I deserve to be able to use it as I please. If somebody else is less geared than me well then that's a goal for them to be able to get their gear on the next level. That's part of the game man.

yes u have worked hard..and there are many lvl 15-16 people with nekros who u can use ur nekro and ur gear against :) but if there is a guy out there who does not have this "amazing" pet, he has no chance to win now does he? Im not saying that using ur gear is bad. U have earned it thru farming and i respect that. However if 1v1s wins are going to be determined by ur pets and not ur skills, i dont see the point of making the dueling map in the first place.

There are two things atm in the pvp arena which requires skill (if everyone has the same type of gears). the first is clashing, and the second is dueling. If there is unbalance regarding gears on one side, the other side wins easily. reject this idea if you want. The point here is not for me to try my best to implement my idea. the point is to create balance in a place where the whole point of making it was to fight a person of the same level; in gears and everything else.

MyIGNisVibing
10-08-2015, 02:04 PM
yes u have worked hard..and there are many lvl 15-16 people with nekros who u can use ur nekro and ur gear against :) but if there is a guy out there who does not have this "amazing" pet, he has no chance to win now does he? Im not saying that using ur gear is bad. U have earned it thru farming and i respect that. However if 1v1s wins are going to be determined by ur pets and not ur skills, i dont see the point of making the dueling map in the first place.

There are two things atm in the pvp arena which requires skill (if everyone has the same type of gears). the first is clashing, and the second is dueling. If there is unbalance regarding gears on one side, the other side wins easily. reject this idea if you want. The point here is not for me to try my best to implement my idea. the point is to create balance in a place where the whole point of making it was to fight a person of the same level; in gears and everything else.
I understand what you're trying to get at but at the same time I was in the position of being a noob with much less gear before and I didn't complain for a way to balance it out for me because my gear sucked.. I simply worked my butt off to try to get that gear that the "pros" were destroying me with... A big part of the game is grinding to try to improve your character and if you balance it out or whatever you're going to take a part of that aspect away. While some people love to grind and gear their toon, others hate it. But its still a big part of the game and after you gear up and accomplish to get the gear you set out to get is a big relief and an achievement in itself.. That's skill and determination if you ask me.. So saying that "well you only won because you have a nekro and paras" is a super lame excuse for losing imo

Endkey 2.0
10-08-2015, 02:16 PM
I understand what you're trying to get at but at the same time I was in the position of being a noob with much less gear before and I didn't complain for a way to balance it out for me because my gear sucked.. I simply worked my butt off to try to get that gear that the "pros" were destroying me with... A big part of the game is grinding to try to improve your character and if you balance it out or whatever you're going to take a part of that aspect away. While some people love to grind and gear their toon, others hate it. But its still a big part of the game and after you gear up and accomplish to get the gear you set out to get is a big relief and an achievement in itself.. That's skill and determination if you ask me.. So saying that "well you only won because you have a nekro and paras" is a super lame excuse for losing imo

for the longest time i used to be undergeared and a noob but even tho i was undergeared i challenged the pros. Just like a hero in an anime lmao. But the thing is, at that time it was possible to win even if i was undergeared. now it isnt. And i admire ur farming and how u grinded day and night to get ur gears but thats not the point. Ur gear will help u in Pve. It will help u in normal PvP, in ctf and tdm. But 1v1s are different. Tell me, have u ever seen a gladiator match in the movies where a complete noob is sent out to fight a pro? Ofc not, unless the noob is getting a punishment. Gladiator fights were always fair. if one guy is strong, the other is nimble. if one is a ranged attacker, the other has a shield. Once again the balance is kept. The point here is to keep the balance. To make it challenging even for the fully geared people, who just press 4 buttons (one combo) and get the kill. And then they wonder why pvp is boring even tho they kill all the time. Killing someone else is fun when the other guy actually gives u a fight. If u dont care about ur kdr, and are not scared, i dont see why a mere change like this would be so important to u

MyIGNisVibing
10-08-2015, 02:20 PM
for the longest time i used to be undergeared and a noob but even tho i was undergeared i challenged the pros. Just like a hero in an anime lmao. But the thing is, at that time it was possible to win even if i was undergeared. now it isnt. And i admire ur farming and how u grinded day and night to get ur gears but thats not the point. Ur gear will help u in Pve. It will help u in normal PvP, in ctf and tdm. But 1v1s are different. Tell me, have u ever seen a gladiator match in the movies where a complete noob is sent out to fight a pro? Ofc not, unless the noob is getting a punishment. Gladiator fights were always fair. if one guy is strong, the other is nimble. if one is a ranged attacker, the other has a shield. Once again the balance is kept. The point here is to keep the balance. To make it challenging even for the fully geared people, who just press 4 buttons (one combo) and get the kill. And then they wonder why pvp is boring even tho they kill all the time. Killing someone else is fun when the other guy actually gives u a fight. If u dont care about ur kdr, and are not scared, i dont see why a mere change like this would be so important to u
The main thing is money. I don't want to have to but a bunch of different pets or gears just to be able to do it... Just doesn't really make sense. I understand that you want it to be skill based and not gear.. I don't think your suggestion is the best possible way to solve it but I couldn't give a suggestion either.

Endkey 2.0
10-08-2015, 02:58 PM
The main thing is money. I don't want to have to but a bunch of different pets or gears just to be able to do it... Just doesn't really make sense. I understand that you want it to be skill based and not gear.. I don't think your suggestion is the best possible way to solve it but I couldn't give a suggestion either.

thanks for ur honesty..i get what u mean too. And i agree aswell. However some pets do not cost a lot and plus people try to get pets for ap anyways so i believe it can work

Arrowz
10-08-2015, 04:42 PM

This is like saying people with the top gear doing elites should gear down because its not fair that they can do runs faster. Or everyone on timed run lb should have to use the same gear.

Having an expectation like that is stupid and just plain ridiculous.

When nekro was 60m, sure i agree with u. Now that its under 4m, buy one or dont use it as an excuse

Endkey 2.0
10-08-2015, 05:25 PM
This is like saying people with the top gear doing elites should gear down because its not fair that they can do runs faster. Or everyone on timed run lb should have to use the same gear.

Having an expectation like that is stupid and just plain ridiculous.

When nekro was 60m, sure i agree with u. Now that its under 4m, buy one or dont use it as an excuse

Like i said..not talkin about elites..not any other pvp modes..just the new upcoming 1v1 mode..

Arrowz
10-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Like i said..not talkin about elites..not any other pvp modes..just the new upcoming 1v1 mode..

I never said u were talking about elites, i simply used it as a comparison

Endkey 2.0
10-09-2015, 01:38 AM
I never said u were talking about elites, i simply used it as a comparison

u cant compare two things which do not relate in the topic we are discussing about :)

Arrowz
10-09-2015, 07:37 AM
u cant compare two things which do not relate in the topic we are discussing about :)

I guess u dont understand the fundamental concept of a comparison then. Im sorry u have to live with ur own ignorance.

Endkey 2.0
10-09-2015, 08:39 AM
I guess u dont understand the fundamental concept of a comparison then. Im sorry u have to live with ur own ignorance.

I am not ignorant :) THe thing is, the changes I want are only limited to the 1v1 map. You are comparing it to completely something else.
Plus you say my suggestion would be okay if nekro was 60m, that shows that its not okay when you dont have it, while its okay when you have it. Thats selfish thinking man :)

Arrowz
10-09-2015, 10:13 AM
I am not ignorant :) THe thing is, the changes I want are only limited to the 1v1 map. You are comparing it to completely something else.
Plus you say my suggestion would be okay if nekro was 60m, that shows that its not okay when you dont have it, while its okay when you have it. Thats selfish thinking man :)

I'm comparing it to something else to show u how ridiculous your idea is. If you can't understand that then u are ignorant. And no its not selfish thinking. I bought when it was still 15m before everybody and their mother got one. Even then I still wouldve said ur idea is bad. When .01% of the community had a pet that literally broke how pvp had worked for years and made them invincible then I would've agreed that people shouldnt be able to use it in 1v1 unless both players had it. Now that anybody can get it by spending a hundred bucks or farming for a few weeks and there are 100X more Nekros than there were before, dont expect people to not use it. The fact that u didn't understand that either is also rather sad

Endkey 2.0
10-09-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm comparing it to something else to show u how ridiculous your idea is. If you can't understand that then u are ignorant. And no its not selfish thinking. I bought when it was still 15m before everybody and their mother got one. Even then I still wouldve said ur idea is bad. When .01% of the community had a pet that literally broke how pvp had worked for years and made them invincible then I would've agreed that people shouldnt be able to use it in 1v1 unless both players had it. Now that anybody can get it by spending a hundred bucks or farming for a few weeks and there are 100X more Nekros than there were before, dont expect people to not use it. The fact that u didn't understand that either is also rather sad

lets just agree to disagree and end our convo like gentlemen.