PDA

View Full Version : Sandstone Caves drop rates

ixbrettxi
05-15-2011, 07:59 PM
I know that shortly after the update the drop rate on Sandstone Caves pinks were tweaked to make them harder to get. This in turn has driven their CS price up drastically and drawn mass amounts of high level farmers to these areas. My problem, and many others to be sure, is that people who the area was designed for, levels 20-25 are booted constantly for being 'too low.' In my humble opinion, this completely defeats the purpose of fleshing out the content for that level range. I personally have a level 53 bear, a level 27 bird, and a level 7 elf. After the terrible experience trying to level in that area, and complete the quests there on my bird, I can honestly say unless something changes I will not level my elf there, or complete the quests until it is in the 50's. It makes me feel like the money I paid for it was a waste. So, after that wall-o-text, I propose the drop rate is returned to it's higher % thus driving it's cost down, and mass farming from the area, so that the intended level range can actually enjoy the content. Thanks for reading. - Brett

Fyrce
05-16-2011, 01:51 AM
Interesting. I have to say my experience is different. I have leveled my L26 dexbear here. Now 27 and might take to 28 in this area. He usually runs w/ friends though and then 50s join. We lowbies do not get booted.

I also run with my level 21 bird here. Don't remember one boot, but then I favor leveling w/ people near or under my level. There were some level 50s runs, but mostly it was 20s and 30s in my groups. Run time isn't that different between low levels and high levels. There are some 20s and 30s that are not very good at using their skills. Combo #s are much lower in lower level groups than higher level ones. I definitely prefer people who use their skills to ones who strictly hack-n-slash. I have run my bird w/ L50s mages; the combos are great fun. Some of the 1/2 groups (1/2 50s, 1/2 lower levels) also ran very well and no booting issues.

If you really want o run w/ high levels, look for games that are not quite at L55. The L51s, etc. are often looking for companionship and are quite nice. Of course, once people like you, they generally will keep playing with you.

Another thing: I've run into several level 50+ players doing full Sandstone Cave runs, precisely to unlock the levels for random groups. I also favor clearing levels.

Maybe I'm just saying don't get discouraged; there are good people out there. Maybe intersperse high-level groups w/ lower level ones in your search.

NECROREAPER
05-16-2011, 04:53 AM
If I host a SSC game I never boot a lvl20 whatever as that map is intended for that level, and what am I doing in a lvl 20 area you know. Farming or not, its not intended for my level so I won't boot someone who's meant to be there.

As for drop rates, I've noticed yes, its harder to get pinks, but I'm more so sick of getting that stupid Ezerias eye ball or staff or whatever, I get like 900098-082340529-3 of them when I farm... LOL