PDA

View Full Version : Mute

Pandamoni
05-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Is it possible to have the mute message tell you why you were muted? I was muted yesterday and have no clue why. I'd like to know if it was a typo or something I said and may say again. I didn't even remember what I'd typed after I hit enter to I don't think it was offensive and assume it was a typo but I think it would be helpful to know the why when it comes to muting.

Sky../
05-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Tsk tsk naughty panda :)

Pandamoni
05-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Tsk tsk naughty panda :)

I know, I'm awful! :p

Piosidon
05-17-2011, 12:14 AM
It would be funny if it says " you have been muted because you said the b-word"

Gluttony
05-17-2011, 12:28 AM
Is it possible to have the mute message tell you why you were muted?

Isn't the answer always going to be "offensive language" be it cursing or what not, it's all pretty much going to fall under the same category. Perhaps you had a typo or an auto-(in)correction, but the bottom line is that the word filter caught something.

Otukura
05-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Well, even if it said offensive language every time, I'd like it to say what word(s) were the offenders. I'd also want to have someway to tell you friends you're muted... rather annoying when you talk to someone who can't talk back.

Gluttony
05-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Well, even if it said offensive language every time, I'd like it to say what word(s) were the offenders. I'd also want to have someway to tell you friends you're muted... rather annoying when you talk to someone who can't talk back.

So you want a program designed to stop people from using offensive language to tell you what you said?! No offense, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Also, you're being punished for using the language by not being able to talk (and have the opportunity to do it again) for a while, giving you an out to chat seems like it defeats the purpose. Like telling a child they're grounded but not taking anything away.

Otukura
05-17-2011, 01:18 AM
I'm not saying you get to talk. Just a predefined sentance that says: "I'm muted, sorry" that you an turn on in options to respond if someone PMs you.

And it wouldn't be too hard to tell you what you said, just have it print out the offending part.

Gluttony
05-17-2011, 01:29 AM
And it wouldn't be too hard to tell you what you said, just have it print out the offending part.

Don't you get muted immediatly, so shouldn't you be able to remember what you said just seconds ago? Does it remove the entire sentence from your chat memory? I guess perhaps I shouldn't be responding to this since I've never actually been muted, but I cannot understand why so many are having issues with it. Also, does repeating the sentence and leaving out the offensive text really help?

I'm curious how much the filter really helps, people just find ways to bypass it. I thought just reporting people who used offensive language was working fine enough, guess not.

drewcapu
05-17-2011, 02:29 PM
I'd also want to have someway to tell you friends you're muted...

Would some sort of mute debuff icon do the trick?

:)

It wouldn't work in towne, but perhaps that's not a bad thing.

Riccits
05-18-2011, 01:45 AM
i would reallly like that the teammates know that iam muted in some way... dont being able to chat bcz of saying a word wich wasnt ment bad couses problems..

Otukura
05-18-2011, 01:49 AM
Would some sort of mute debuff icon do the trick?

:)

It wouldn't work in towne, but perhaps that's not a bad thing.

Yes, it would in groups, but I've only seen people muted in towne so far. Currently, spamming trade is my way to signal I'm muted. Although with certain people like tibbles, you get a 20 min tibbles wishes to trade with you across your screen :)

Fatpigwarrior
05-18-2011, 02:04 AM
Yes, it would in groups, but I've only seen people muted in towne so far. Currently, spamming trade is my way to signal I'm muted. Although with certain people like tibbles, you get a 20 min tibbles wishes to trade with you across your screen :)

BTW when you were on tibbles brooke was spyibg on you looking like a noob on her twink

Otukura
05-18-2011, 02:06 AM
BTW when you were on tibbles brooke was spyibg on you looking like a noob on her twink

I know. She was trying to act innocent, naked, but I thought she knew anyway. Decided I'd rather get my gold from the CS than keep... yeah.

Oh, and I think she changed twinks 6 times.

Fatpigwarrior
05-18-2011, 02:08 AM
Yeah, she was on Ladymonsta when i was helping her

Otukura
05-18-2011, 02:11 AM
Yeah... teh hawt nude 35 birdy.

There's no reason you just randomly come up and say: "Who's your main?"
Made me really suspicious.

Pandamoni
05-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Isn't the answer always going to be "offensive language" be it cursing or what not, it's all pretty much going to fall under the same category. Perhaps you had a typo or an auto-(in)correction, but the bottom line is that the word filter caught something.

Hmmm, I have been muted and had no clue why I was muted. I'd like to know if it was a word I thought was innocent. For instance, I thought turd was an innocent word but then I tested it and figured out that is why I was muted. I know it's not likely they will say, "You were muted for saying -----(insert curse word)" but maybe saying something like, "you were muted for using t**d" or something along those lines so I could go, "aha! it was turd that did it!"

I also would like some kind of emote, like covering my face with my hands, or something, to let people know I'm muted.