PDA

View Full Version : Building mage build.. lv 46

Legendsoflegends
10-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Been looking all over and can't find whatI need. So best to build it ourselfs.

1= unlocked skill
2= second upgrade
3= upgrade
4= upgrade
5= upgrade

Fireball -1,2,3,4,5
Wind - 1,3,4 (faster runs)
Light - 1,2,3,
Ice - 1,3,4 (freezing enemies bugged, upgrade not really needed)
Time - 1,2,4,5 (explode upgrade useful?????? Debating)
Shield - 1,2,4,5 (knockback really not useful??? What about boss?)
Live giver - 1,2 (just for saving pots on easy runs/km3/ppl who ask)

Passive
Intel 5/5
Str 5/5
Dex 5/5
Armor 5/5
Crit 5/5 (if possible)

Mobs I run
Wind
Fire
Time
Shield

Boss I run
Light
Ice
Time
Shield

Any opinions would be nice...

omgcrit
10-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Pve- best build for mage is (Imo)
Shield, ice, gale and clock/light.

If you have practice with these skills and maximise the effectivess
In every situation in pve you won't struggle, you would agree with me.

Legendsoflegends
10-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Will try.. wind.ice.light.shield.

Went and bought some force gear for mage plus ring and pendant with my crafted. ...
SLAIN KING UNHOLY STAFF OR FORCE

TO TRY THE CRIT %

Got close to 30% crit
Damage and dps dropped like 200

Big trade off tho.. worth the trade?!!!

Caabatric
10-12-2015, 11:25 PM
how much did damage alone drop?
how much was your previous crit?
Current damage stat with the staff?

Motherless_Child
10-13-2015, 12:20 PM
I have extra stun on gale and 2nd skill on freeze too.

No armour required as a mage since gale gives armour 50% and rengol effigies gives a whooping 15% for 15 minutes, armour percentage bonus doesn't stack.

Don't use heal in km3. EVER. Also light fork crit and damage upgrades really work well together in km3. I have explode upgrade on PvE build on clock.

I hope this helps and you try to run km3 without heal!?

Edit: it is best to use wind and ice and not wind and fire. I use wind ice clock fire/light depending on the number of mobs in a pile. If laggy i switch to shield. Different bosses I approach with a different build.

Yup.... ice is better to use with wind than using fire with wind.......

Legendsoflegends
10-19-2015, 09:24 PM
When I equipped everything including pet (10%)

Staff 3. Crit
Helm 3-4 crit
Armor 3-4 crit
Ring 3-4 crit
Pendant 3-4 crit
Pet (10 critic) ribbit

Total 33% critical (bought 500 gold crit gears at lv46 ) around there. All force or high in crit.

Dps 703 >>> 510
Damage 547>>> 393

From assault gear to force gear (armor is fat.) same unholy weapon.

Staff - unholy
Helm - padded of force
Armor - scavenger of fatality
Ring - force (impressive of force)
Pendant - force sagelalite. (Sorry about spelling)

3-5 crit depending on assault or bru. (Just weapon del light increase a little crit.) No jewels/gems.

I was hitting crit every other hit. I like the crit. But really not wroth it I think. Someone do calculations. That's would be gladly appreciated. .

And. Oh. Yea in elite ren.. lol.

-Shield just for survivability. . Or else something thing else could replace if you have enough armor/health...

-wind blows them away...

-Ice freeze who try lies to come close

- light hit for high damage

Robhawk
10-26-2015, 05:48 AM
Total 33% critical (bought 500 gold crit gears at lv46 ) around there. All force or high in crit.

Dps 703 >>> 510
Damage 547>>> 393

You have to keep up your damage while adding as much crit as possible, it makes no sense to raise crit while putting down damage that much! Your 547 damage setup is far better then the 393 damage setup, no doubt!
You can have a look in skills setup for your minimum and maximum dealt lightning strike damage (read in description of lightning strike) and this is the the damage range you deal to enemies!

Caabatric
10-26-2015, 12:10 PM

Staff 3. Crit
Helm 3-4 crit
Armor 3-4 crit
Ring 3-4 crit
Pendant 3-4 crit
Pet (10 critic) ribbit

Dps 703 >>> 510
Damage 547>>> 393

From assault gear to force gear (armor is fat.) same unholy weapon.

Staff - unholy
Helm - padded of force
Armor - scavenger of fatality
Ring - force (impressive of force)
Pendant - force sagelalite. (Sorry about spelling)

3-5 crit depending on assault or bru. (Just weapon del light increase a little crit.) No jewels/gems.

I was hitting crit every other hit. I like the crit. But really not wroth it I think. Someone do calculations. That's would be gladly appreciated. .

And. Oh. Yea in elite ren.. lol.

-Shield just for survivability. . Or else something thing else could replace if you have enough armor/health...

-wind blows them away...

-Ice freeze who try lies to come close

- light hit for high damage

Your damage is way too low, and regardless of your crit very few people will run with you...

I usually consider damage 1st priority, health 2nd, crit 3rd, armor 4th
Hopefully that should help out with looking for the right gear to buy

Also your elite run build must must must include clock...
I am guessing that you need shield to survive in elites so here should be your build:

Fire,Ice/Light(depends on if you need the freeze),Clock,Shield...

The reason I don't suggest gale for you yet is because I am unsure if you use it properly. (explain to me how you use gale in elites in better detail)
Anyway start with charged fire, charge ice if 3+ mobs are grouped together, else freeze any ranged character or shamen, then use charged clock...

Learn how to maintain a constant stun/root on enemies so they are easier to deal with.

Imsofancy
10-28-2015, 04:15 PM
Get close to 20 crit that is the bare minimum a mage should have. 1/4 chance of crit is mandatory when you are using c/c skills.

500 damage with 20 crit is better than 600-700 damage with 6-7 crit -_-

Keep in mind to keep enough brutality items in your gear, no str and int means no HP,which means a squishier smurf in elites.

A dead smurf is a non crowd controlling smurf. No crowd control =GG party who are relying on mage to stun/freeze/snare enemies.

How about 700 dmg with 20 crit? :D

Caabatric
10-31-2015, 12:27 PM
How about no banana for u -_-

What about for me D;

Legendsoflegends
11-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Well using the skills gale.ice.light.shield

Charged ice - freeze mob
Light - do some damage/stun
Wind - blow who didn't freeze and keeps them at distance.
Shield - use when ness.
And repeat. For elite.

That's kind of how I am running elite now still miss fireball and time.

Before I was running
Ice - freeze
Fire - stun
Time - snare
Shield

I've tried
Time
Light
Ice
Gale

Works pretty good like very good.

Imsofancy
11-03-2015, 12:22 PM
As long as you don't share yours with hatey

My spoon is too big, I'm a banana.

Imsofancy
11-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Post a banana selfie plox

Nvm here u go :banana:

That chin bro, its dead on.

MeDaddy
11-07-2015, 12:47 AM
Fire or lighting better?

mesalin
11-07-2015, 05:37 AM
Lightning for bosses, and tombs(when you r using gale and have beast damage/crit). Fire for mobs, except when you have gale in your spec.
What you think about this: i use fire and gale in same spec. I not mage specialized but hmm my friend told me its good.

<Forgiveness>

mesalin
11-07-2015, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't bother with gale and fire at the same time, I only spec that way when I'm stuck with a pug party that keeps dieing and I'm left fending off the mobs. Gale and FB stun don't work together, for example if you just fireball stunned an enemy you have to wait for a while(idk exact time) before you can stun him again. The knock back upgrade on gale makes it s better stun than FB but FB is hands down the better DPS skill.
So gale ice clock light will work better than gale ice clock fire
Right?

<Forgiveness>

mesalin
11-07-2015, 07:51 AM
Yep, gale is not the best for crowd control but it sure gets the job done.

If you are having survivability problems switch light for gale otherwise I would recommend gale/ice/light/clock. The knock back from gale helps keep mobs away from Shaman and gladiators which are the first priority mobs.

The perfect build is light clock fire and ice. The mage AoE and dot really stacks up in elites.
Thanks Avikk for tips haha i guess its time to respec my mage [emoji6]

<Forgiveness>

MeDaddy
11-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Ok ty for info. Will be testing today :)

Legendsoflegends
11-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Yea. I tried the following

Gale
Ice
Time
Light

Just don't get hit and you been doing massive damage.

pompous
11-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Try this:

Gale
Fire
Ice
Clock

Don't charge gale when mobs are in clock...just tap it. Use charged gale to move around fast and pull next mob set.

Imsofancy
11-09-2015, 05:08 PM
The reason a mage doesn't use gale and FB together is both are stuns and they don't stack. Mobs like people in PvP have a stun immunity too(albeit a short one). A mage without lightning us a useless mage, the crit damagae upgrade and the 15% base damage increase in lightning is just way too OP. It is like ravagerx says axe is the bread and butter skill for warrs, well then lightning is the same for mages. Even in tombs I prefer lightning with 3 perks over FB.

Although lightning gives massive damage, it only targets one enemy at a time, I feel like lightning split is way to hard to activate, I prefer FB, Ice, clock, and believe it or not shield, shield is OP for those troll one hit shots in elite. Then I just switch clock out for lighting when I reach the boss.

Kharjojo
11-11-2015, 01:01 PM
The reason a mage doesn't use gale and FB together is both are stuns and they don't stack. Mobs like people in PvP have a stun immunity too(albeit a short one). A mage without lightning us a useless mage, the crit damagae upgrade and the 15% base damage increase in lightning is just way too OP. It is like ravagerx says axe is the bread and butter skill for warrs, well then lightning is the same for mages. Even in tombs I prefer lightning with 3 perks over FB.

Agreed with the good avik (note i put only one k :D): lightning and clock are a must for every smurf.
I only want to add a lil thing about gale and FB together.
Unless the mobs can be stunned, Gale has a chance of stun, FB has a 100% stun.
Told so (i have also ice in my build) i still prefer to stun em with fireball, clock em, rarely charge gale (only if needed) but use gale to gain speed or to fix the crowd the best i can and better over the 3,5 secs of the FB stun hoping in the chance to knock em again at my pt feet.

Kharjojo
11-11-2015, 01:55 PM
You can fiz the crowds without a charges gale too. You will need to get close to the mobs, I think the push back-areas are different in gale with AoE upgrade and without. When using gale instead of FB u loose out on dot and I find this is cutting back a lot on my mob DPS. When there is a crowd with Shaman and bombers I switch to gale at times.

Ikr, infact i said i rarely charge gale but i use gale to gain speed or fix the crowd the best i can and, yeah, definitely the skills upgrade on gale makes a big difference.

Legendsoflegends
11-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Well after some working with the skills and testing it out

Ice
All upgrades (is 1st upgrade bugged?)

Gale or fb (I use gale for speed & armor)
All upgrades

Light (best for boss. Pve with upgrades)
All upgrades (maybe no pve upgrades)

Time
All but no explode

Shield
All no knock back

Life giver (only for your friends or saving potions)
Just mana

5 Intel
5 str
5 dex
5 armor (don't know why no one needs these but I maxed it out, for my own survivalbility)
0 Crit (no more skill points) :(

I could take 2 points from light and 2 points from life and one from 1 point for a total of 5 points in crit.

I charge gale because I added the armor boost. Why not charge when u don't want to charge you weapon and have upgrade already. You get the best use of your skills!!!

The crit thing I think only applies to those who have imbued gear!!! That's where the crit is at. Those who have them already are probably the one that keep saying your crit has to be high, but u don't have the armor so no crit for us.

You have three skills that stun, only one freeze, the rooting, and a shield (and the skill no one knows, curse the reflector) Get the picture.

Last move to actually use and test is curse the refector.

Fjuton
12-01-2015, 10:27 AM
nice build i take it

Gidthekid
12-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Quick question.. I've never tried curse skill. Is it worth it? And where would you use it? Is it mainly for pve?

Bmwmsix
12-11-2015, 06:05 AM
Been looking all over and can't find whatI need. So best to build it ourselfs.

Fireball -1,2,3,4,5
Wind - 1,3,4 (faster runs)
Light - 1,2,3,
Ice - 1,3,4 (freezing enemies bugged, upgrade not really needed)
Time - 1,2,4,5 (explode upgrade useful?????? Debating)
Shield - 1,2,4,5 (knockback really not useful??? What about boss?)
Live giver - 1,2 (just for saving pots on easy runs/km3/ppl who ask)

I use 4 attack build for normal or elite PVE runs

Fire 1,2,3,4,5
Ice 1 2,3,4 (freezing enemies works perfect especially on elite tindirin / rengol but charge it, if it fails then due to high latency)
Light 1,2,3,4
Clock 1,3,4,5

Passive
Int 5/5
Str 5/5
Dex 5/5
Armor 5/5
Crit 5/5
Speed 3/5 due to nub pets

Recommended lix for elite >>> speed/ Dmg lix <<<

Ps gale i'd use only for timed runs and I prefer to freeze mobs xD (running very close to mobs and releasing charged ice) ( and if you choose to use gale just tab on it DONT SCATTER MOBS)
Lifegiver is also only used on pvp or on solo runs

Bmwmsix
12-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Even "tab" bing on gale will knock back and scatter mobs its a good skill to use when clock is down and you want to move grunt orcs away from Shaman(the healer) so rogues can continue finishing Shaman first.(ty aspnab)

I agree with everything except 5/5 for clock is a must, try running km3 with it you can pull Frannie without even being present in her room.
Also imho BMW sir I think the larger AoE for fire is a waste of skill point :3

(And armour) xd

TAP TAB TAP TAB you know it

Yes thats how gale is used on elite rengol but 1) i leave that orc for warrior axe and 2) and i don't like that jeopardy scatter of this scale thats why I use ICE.

Clock 1,345 bc i dont need extra attention /aggro on elite runs. And for km3 I'd use anyway a different speed build but i dont farm that boring map right now.

Larger aoe is great for my purposes even the armor bc of tankish playing.

Bmwmsix
12-12-2015, 12:53 PM
The initial clock drop does a lot of damage! The reduced dodge chances means our auto attacks will proc a lot more! Which tbh is helpful when mages are procing para gems for allies!

Damage >tankiness for me!

I guess that's the way you play when your ping is as icky as mine, why aren't you on my friends list on ur mage?@_@ you nott want to be frands?

Haha, my dear avikk just add this naughty mage called Shakeitforme xoxo

Fadzly Mazni
12-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Good info here for char build

Bagus Krisna Rachmanda
12-14-2015, 05:22 AM
i love mage ............

Legendsoflegends
02-01-2016, 01:30 AM
Thank all and thank you avikk the most!!!

Haven't posted a while about my build but here it is.. and upgrade from last time.

Weapon - blunderbuss wisdom gun
helm - glintstone cowl of the arcanist
armor - slaterock robe of pro
belt - bonecrusher's belt of brawn
ring - rendtail ring
necklace - wild talisman of bru

and pet.. now i have nekro

stats with all and pet

str - 139
hp - 4520
dex -132
dodge - 7.60
crit - 24.20
intel - 700
bns. dmg 450%
mana 7150
damge 952.59
dps 1150.78
armor 1774

and skills

passives
armor 5/5
crit 2/5
dex 5/5
str 5/5
intel 5/5

skills
ice no last upgrae
light no last upgrade
gale all upgrades ( i gale )
shield no knockback upgrade
time/clock no explode upgrade
life just mana upgrade

and thank you for all the help.

Oh and the curse skill..
i went

curse 5/5
heal 5/5
time 5/5
fireball 5/5

curse skill = a lot of death... but faster kills for pt.
thats all i got to say after trying it for parch#3 need tank especially. 2 would be nice horn all day 3 is too good.

Ulfric
02-04-2016, 04:50 AM
best mage build:
for pve:
#shield (without knock back)
#lightning
#firebolt (max or without "cause miss attacks")
#time shift
#heal (without mana regen for easy maps)
passives: max str,int,dex, crit.

for pvp:
#shield(without knockback)
#lightning
#firebolt
#curse

against tank: nekro first, charge firebolt, slightly charged lightning, charged shield,heal (right after he axethrow or almost drained hp), lightning, charged fireball (cuz his jug and nekro aa might be off by now) .... kill.

against rogue: charged shield, slightly charged lightning, charged curse(if he tap pierce not charged pierce), slightly charged firebolt.. if your curse is lucky enough u have chance to win or its **** against rogue after 2 sec

Caabatric
02-05-2016, 12:42 AM
best mage build:
for pve:
#shield (without knock back)
#lightning
#firebolt (max or without "cause miss attacks")
#time shift
#heal (without mana regen for easy maps)
passives: max str,int,dex, crit.

for pvp:
#shield(without knockback)
#lightning
#firebolt
#curse

against tank: nekro first, charge firebolt, slightly charged lightning, charged shield,heal (right after he axethrow or almost drained hp), lightning, charged fireball (cuz his jug and nekro aa might be off by now) .... kill.

against rogue: charged shield, slightly charged lightning, charged curse(if he tap pierce not charged pierce), slightly charged firebolt.. if your curse is lucky enough u have chance to win or its **** against rogue after 2 sec

your lack of ice in pve is disturbing me >.>

Ulfric
02-11-2016, 07:18 AM
lel ikr it plays an important role but when u have good gears, better concentrate on dealing more damage and faster runs. so i replace ice with timeshift. :)

Legendsoflegends
02-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Switch the belt for a legend belt with good jewels and the amulet for a planar pendant.

BTW gratz on myth helm and nice work :P

thanks.

My brawn belt has 2x reinforced gems.. so i don't want to give it up.. i like the extra armor.. When i'm in elite ren the armor helps.. since i kind of upgraded my gear with most diamonds ;v

i'm kind of like a tanking mage lol..

Oh i got planar already too.

Legendsoflegends
02-18-2016, 03:51 PM
your lack of ice in pve is disturbing me >.>

same got to have ice and time IMO.. freezing and rooting.. gale/fireball/light=stun/knockback..

BlackPigeon
03-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Good read. I learn alot here . I happy with this build at the moment. Still testing . it seems to fit my gameplay style. For my new/old Arcane Legends friend from previously STS games. First . We all know all Intelligence all the way. Next the weapon i am using all the is the gun. Good for practice with the skills i am using . ok. Here I Go. Active skills.
Light5/5
Wind5/5
Cursed5/5
Heal5/5

Passive
Dex
Str
Intell
Crit
All maxed 5th passive. Not sure yet.
This is WhitePigeon future build. Working out great sofar. Did i mention i use a gun? I not even pass level 20 yet. With pracrice. I have faith this build for me is deady. And so far..yeah.

Legendsoflegends
03-15-2016, 06:44 PM
Good read. I learn alot here . I happy with this build at the moment. Still testing . it seems to fit my gameplay style. For my new/old Arcane Legends friend from previously STS games. First . We all know all Intelligence all the way. Next the weapon i am using all the is the gun. Good for practice with the skills i am using . ok. Here I Go. Active skills.
Light5/5
Wind5/5
Cursed5/5
Heal5/5

Passive
Dex
Str
Intell
Crit
All maxed 5th passive. Not sure yet.
This is WhitePigeon future build. Working out great sofar. Did i mention i use a gun? I not even pass level 20 yet. With pracrice. I have faith this build for me is deady. And so far..yeah.

So I want to know how you fight mobs with that build and how you like it?!?!??!. And use this time to stock on resp scroll while it's still available and come back and post your your ups and downs on your build..

And reread this guide!!!! It really helps IMO

on your build since I used all skills already

Light - no stun, discharge don't really spread a lot so don't use it and point another skill
Curse - no damage reduction ( they land higher damage more reflected, unless it don't work like that haha didn't take the time to test, but yes no reduction)
Wind - on the right track
Heal - don't need range, if time correctly you can heal your pt. (Like when they all get close to you)

And there u have 4 extra skill points for another skill..

Gouiwaa9000
03-16-2016, 11:13 AM
I use this hybrid build.... Works like a dream for me :p Passives : 5/5 Dex , 5/5 int , 5/5 str 4/5 crit . Skills : shield 1,3,4,5 ( no knock back ) , fireball 1,2,3,4,5 , heal 1,2,3,4 ( for PvP cases , and I like to have range so I don't need to worry about people being out of range ) , ice 1,2,3,4 ( except the pool ) , clock 1,2,3,4,5 , lighting 1,3,4,5 ( except the AoE upgrade ) this build allows me to PvP , and run elites without any problems , i made this build about a year ago , still using it XD When mastery comes out , crit passive will be nerfed , so I will remove it , and put 2 points to shield , and 2 to clock . When 56 expansion comes out , I plan to add 2 more to clock , and max out shield

Lexiik
05-25-2016, 03:16 PM
I dont know why people using Ice in PVM :D