PDA

View Full Version : [Guide]: Relationships in Game

Endkey 2.0
10-09-2015, 03:00 AM
Hey Y'all. Yes, this is a guide. And no, it is not a troll guide. I think that this guide is one of the few guides which actually does not talk about the game's facts and mechanics but talks about something else. This is a guide on how to have a relationship in game and how to make it work and if the time comes, end it nicely. There are many people who think online relationships are just bullcrap. To those people, I say, please do not troll or do any sort of things at all. Read the guide if want like. Don’t if you don’t want to :) I shall respect your thoughts and you should respect mine.

To STS: Please do not remove this guide. I believe that one of the many reasons why many of us still play the game is due to the people we interact with, which also includes our loved ones. This guide will hopefully helpful in keeping those people in the game. Win, win situation!

Just want to say in the beginning that there are going to be things that many of you might relate to, and there are going to be things that many of you might not relate to. So please do not troll as this is not a troll guide. I am spending precious time to make this so please appreciate my efforts. However I wont add bling to this guide because I have no ideas other than adding hearts to make it look nice, which I wont.

Let’s start with how to actually make Senpai notice you :p. So lets just say that you like a person for any reason you have and you want to be with them. There are three ways you can go with this.

Go flirt the hell out of the person you like: Well the first thing that person will most probably think is, is he/she actually serious? The answer to that question is known to the person who flirts but it is highly likely that the person you are flirting with will dislike you and make a negative and non-serious image of you, which is always bad when it comes to relationships. They will think that you are immature and just trying to hit on you without any solid base or reason.

Get to know the person over time: Try to to spend time with them. PvP with them, farm with them and run dailies with them. That of course is a long-term method but you get to know the person. You get to know what they like and what they do not. Gives you a greater chance. Be nice around them and try to help them in any way possible.

Wait for them to make the first move: Good luck lol. You liking them does not mean they like you. Man/woman up! Expecting them to come up to you and confess their feelings for you, if they have any, has less chance than you flirting the hell out of them. Take initiative and execute.

If the person starts liking you in the same way as you do to them and you guys decide to be together, then we can proceed to the next step, which is actually how to treat your S.O (significant other). There are the do's and the don’ts. Once again, these are the things which I believe are good to have in a relationship.

The Do's:
1. Treat them with the same respect as you want to be treated with.
2. Be as helpful as you were before you got to be with them.
3. Keep them updated on what is going on in your life and try to ask for advice. It makes them feel trusted, which keeps the bond strong.
4. Do small little things to make your S.O happy. Such as but not limited to:
(i) Saying good morning in an excited way, which makes them feel you missed them.
(ii) Naming your pet on their ign. (very recommended)
(iii) Keeping interest in their talks even if they hold little interest to you.
5) Always be forgiving. It takes time to get to know how your S.O does things and sometimes they do it in ways that you may not like. Talk to them about it. Forgiving and continuing are necessary if you want a good relationship.
6) Always make them feel special. You only have one S.O and they are called S.O for a reason. Make them feel like the luckiest person in the world.

The Don’ts:
1) Do not think that he/she likes me so he/she will not leave me, hence I can act in whatever way I want.
2) Do not keep secrets. Secrets always raise suspicion and that is always bad for a relationship. However if there is something that you do not wish to tell, and it is not related to the relationship, then it should be completely fine to keep it a secret. However, explaining that logic to your S.O is a good thing to do.
3) Do not be a "personal space invader". Give your S.O some space from time to time. They have friends they used to hang out with and it is nice to give them some time to catch up as well.
4) Do not lie. Lying in an online relationship is basically the worst thing I believe that a person can do. Lying has a straight connection to trust and the bond is severed if you lie. Trust me on this, it is better to come out with the truth and be done with it, than to lie.
5) Do not bring bad memories of the past to win a quarrel you are having with your S.O. Do not use them as weapons. They make the matter worse. Forgive.

The points above should be enough for you to have a good relationship. Remember the fact that a relationship is a two-sided deal. So do not make your S.O work hard for you while you do not give a single crap.

However, sometimes things happen, and you think that you cannot stay with that person.
Now there can be several reasons why and I will tell the smartest choices (in my opinion) which you can make to get out of them.

1) Your S.O likes someone else: If they like someone else and if they have told you about this, just ask once if they are sure about the choice they are making. If they say yes, which they probably will, then as hard as it is, it is time to move on. You can decide if what type of connection you want with them. You can be best friends (highly unlikely) or friends. Sometimes it becomes extremely hard to watch your Ex with someone else and no matter how hard you try, every time you see them in your friend-list, you want to cry. Then be a man/woman and simply remove them. Yes it is an extreme measure but think about how is all this situation messing up your mind and your life as a whole. Spend time with your friends and try to keep your mind on other things.
However if they have not told you and you doubt them, its better to just talk to them about it. Tell them you wont be angry, and that you just want the truth. Remember that lies lead to other lies and in the end, its just pain.

2) Your real life needs your time, and you might have to sacrifice your relation for it: The best way to go with this is to simply tell your S.O about it. No matter how lovey dovey we talk, we know that real life is also important. For example, many of us are students, and when exams come, its really hard to focus on studies when you have some one waiting to talk with you. It gets hard to choose, I hope everyone agrees with me that Real Life > Relationship. If you and your S.O skype, line and play, I believe that if you say that you need a break from the relationship, they will agree to it. It depends on you if you plan on coming back, and if your S.O is going to be willing to take you back, but at that time, instead of lying, hurting and being a bitch (pardon my french), simply talk your way to your result.

3) You like someone else: If you are 100% certain that you like someone else, there is no point in continuing your relation with your current bf/gf. Tell them the truth, do not lie to them and do not make random and lame excuses to get your way out of them. They will eventually know. Trust me, if you have ever felt anything for them; just end it with the truth. At least it will not bother you later on (if you have a conscience) and not hurt them that you ended all the things you two have been through with a lie.

4) You know that the relationship cannot go forward: So for most of us, even after having relationships for a really long time, it is not possible due to numerous reasons to take it any step forward. By that I mean, meeting the person in real life or talking them face to face on skype for example. Each person has their own reasons so I cannot name them here. You feel that even though you love your S.O and there is no one except for them currently in your life, there is nothing to do anymore. The best way to tackle this is to once again, talk to them about it. They might disagree with you. If they do, listen to them and think about what they say. If they want to continue it, and they give you reasons to, there is no point in leaving. However if they are not able to convince you, leave them in the most polite manner you can with. Tell them how you feel about them and that you are not leaving them for someone else. State your reasons why you cannot take the relationship one-step forward and hope that they agree with you. Sucks to end a relationship badly.

Tips: Do not go back and forth with a relationship. If you have to end the relationship due to any reason, do not expect to come back and think that everything will be the same again. However, even if you get back with your S.O after coming back, do not think that you can leave again. You made the choice. Now be a man/woman and stick to it. Do not play with their hearts. There is a person behind this screen who you are referring to. Humans have feelings.

I just wanted to make this guide to help the people of Arlor with their relationships because some of them end really bad. The effects of this can be, in the worst case senario, that you leave the game. I hope that you guys agree with me and that we can keep the comments headed in the right direction. I would love positive feedback and any ideas to make this guide better will be gladly excepted. However this guide is purely subjective so I might disagree with many of you regarding this matter.

I will also use this guide to say Hi to my ex (the one who shall not be named). You were amazing :) Lets just say that she was the reason why I went through all this and made this guide.

Hope you guys liked it!

Wazakesy
10-09-2015, 03:35 AM
OP guide LoL

Astrea
10-09-2015, 04:30 AM
Well, i dont think there's any girl playing this game...

But Good Guide !! :D

Endkey 2.0
10-09-2015, 04:49 AM

Haha u will be surprised xd

Bunny♥
10-09-2015, 05:25 AM

There's a lot of girls who play this game, I am one of them.

And to Endy, I didn't took all my time to read the guide but it's funny. Lol. #theexperienceisreal

Endkey 2.0
10-09-2015, 05:46 AM
There's a lot of girls who play this game, I am one of them.

And to Endy, I didn't took all my time to read the guide but it's funny. Lol. #theexperienceisreal

Haha take time :p tbh i wanted to make it funnier but failed...but i hope u liked it..and yesss..#theexperianceisreal xd

Ladykatra
10-09-2015, 06:12 AM
you are amazeballs,*huggles* :calm:

Endkey 2.0
10-09-2015, 06:43 AM
the moment when u realize..u post the guide in guilds....zzzz my bad guys! STS please move it to the right section!

Jessacloud
10-09-2015, 07:45 AM
:) *pats. Loooooong read. :abnormal:

Endkey 2.0
10-09-2015, 07:49 AM
:) *pats. Loooooong read. :abnormal:

Too long or to the point? Does jess relate? ahahaha

Xdumbx
10-09-2015, 09:31 AM
In my opinion, if you are attracted to people in game, that you do not know personally, you have to life. I do not want to offend any people, but thats just my opinion. But if you like relationships in game, this is a good guide :3.

Xdumbx
10-09-2015, 09:34 AM

lol there are, I know a few (they sent me lots of pics so ik there chicks). Most the girls ik that play the game are pretty rich, and good at playing game :). Like candylicks :3.

Astrea
10-09-2015, 10:15 AM
lol there are, I know a few (they sent me lots of pics so ik there chicks). Most the girls ik that play the game are pretty rich, and good at playing game :). Like candylicks :3.

Send pics? O.o !!!!!

No one ever send me a pic :(

Endkey 2.0
10-09-2015, 11:28 AM

Ur opinions..ur choice

Edward Coug
10-09-2015, 12:09 PM
This thread is pretty harmless, but I still encourage everyone not to use a video game to find a girlfriend. Beyond the obvious reasons, it sucks to log on to play a video game as an escape only to be hounded by a pack of lonely guys, more than a few of whom don't understand the fine line between flirting and harassment. I recommend every guy play with a feminine gamer tag for a week. It really changes your perspective. I know it changed mine.

Endkey 2.0
10-09-2015, 12:30 PM
This thread is pretty harmless, but I still encourage everyone not to use a video game to find a girlfriend. Beyond the obvious reasons, it sucks to log on to play a video game as an escape only to be hounded by a pack of lonely guys, more than a few of whom don't understand the fine line between flirting and harassment. I recommend every guy play with a feminine gamer tag for a week. It really changes your perspective. I know it changed mine.

this is true, some guys..and girls rely on flirting and harrassing and thats not the way to go, but at the same time u cant stop feelings can u? :p

Allows.
10-09-2015, 02:19 PM
1) 80% who play this game are guys
2) dont search a girlfriend in a game, go out, in a club or whatever you like.

hallowring
10-09-2015, 02:51 PM
.....speachless....(OvO)good guide X3

Rockingtigertiger Tiger
10-09-2015, 04:03 PM
thumbs up👍👍👏👏💖

Sent from my SM-G7102

Chronexia
10-10-2015, 08:27 AM
1) 80% who play this game are guys
2) dont search a girlfriend in a game, go out, in a club or whatever you like.

For some reason this made me laugh lol

Endkey 2.0
10-10-2015, 08:31 AM
For some reason this made me laugh lol

his opinion so i wont argue with him on it ^^

Xdumbx
10-28-2015, 01:32 PM
his opinion so i wont argue with him on it ^^

Ill recommend this guide to anyone who is interested in having a relationship in game.

Xdumbx
10-28-2015, 01:38 PM
Send pics? O.o !!!!!

No one ever send me a pic :(

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?74825-People-Behind-The-Toons/page102
lolz look here :).

Endkey 2.0
10-28-2015, 01:44 PM
Asked STS to move the guide to the Guide section. It ended up here because they dont consider is as a guide :( They made an online game and dont want a guide which talks about interactions @@

Xdumbx
11-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Asked STS to move the guide to the Guide section. It ended up here because they dont consider is as a guide :( They made an online game and dont want a guide which talks about interactions @@

I think they just want to keep players safe from stalkers, and the type of people that drive free candy vans.

Sariita
11-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Let’s start with how to actually make Senpai notice you :p.
*Grabs knife* Senpai will be mine... He doesn't have a choice. Sorry, had to :P

Roninmoro
11-11-2015, 12:46 AM
While these are pretty good guidelines to relationships in general, this is not a dating site and we can't condone seeking out more than platonic relationships through our games. This is in part because of the varying ages of our users and the potential for issues to come up.
I'm closing this thread up now, we appreciate the time you spent on this guide but thanks for understanding our reasons for not allowing it to continue.