PDA

View Full Version : Version 1.7.2 has been submitted to Apple!

asommers
05-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Elixirs now persist for a period of real-world time through death, dungeon changes and logouts.
You should be able to view the elixirs on your character in the avatar screen by tapping "Elixir Buffs".
You can purchase elixirs with gold again!
Store/Purchasing Improvements

The store has been completely reworked to improve ease of use.
You should find in most cases it will take you substantially fewer clicks to reach your destination
It’s now possibly to quickly compare items in the store with your current equipment.
Many feature purchases which were previously buried in the store are now made quickly from the relevant UI. These include emotes, campaigns, inventory slots, auction slots, stash slots, etc.

Improved secure trade! When both players agree to a trade a new window appears showing the entire trade in a locked state. While in this state no adjustments can be made. Each player can then chose to accept or decline the final trade.
Completing quests can now grant experience.
Added /trade <name> command. This allow you to quickly trade with someone in a crowded area. No more digging through player names for the person you want to trade with.
Fixed completed quests display when inspecting another player.
When wielding a 2 handed weapon, offhand vanity items are no longer visible and no longer hide the weapon.
The skill book icon no longer appears when your character has less than four skills
Quick chat supports more text, up to two lines
Account details now shows account creation date
Unregistered accounts should now be able to purchase character renames
The client now knows if it could not connect to the server because the internet connection isn't working or if the server is actually down for maintenance. The correct message is displayed accordingly.
Possible fix for Gurgox sounds not working correctly under Android
You can now reserve your character's name for Blackstar!

krullnan
05-17-2011, 07:20 PM
first comment yay!! lol
im interested in seing this update asap lol

Zeus
05-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Yay! Awesome update. Same rules apply for the reservation of character's names, correct? Like my names for example; Apollo, Poseidon and Bodyguardz have priority by me, Correct? Thanks :)

thugimmortal
05-17-2011, 07:28 PM
So we reserve our names on the new version ?
what in game or what
hmm still no new payment options :(

Kingofhurtz
05-17-2011, 07:29 PM
:D can't wait! I'm curious to see how they run the name reservation though...

skavenger216
05-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Improved secure trade! When both players agree to a trade a new window appears showing the entire trade in a locked state. While in this state no adjustments can be made. Each player can then chose to accept or decline the final trade.

Good to see you guys used my trade suggestion. Boo on the vanity shield fix though :D

Wicked Caccavari
05-17-2011, 07:54 PM
All the way to level 55 and I haven't completed a single quest.

I suppose a new character will be made to test out the experience gained.

NeoQueen
05-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Hmmm...I wonder how the Blackstar name reserves works and no level cap increase, but that is probably still a ways off.

Silentarrow
05-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Sounds great! Will you also be able to reserve names that arnt exactly the same as your name but close ex. Original Silentarrowsz Blackstar name Silentarrows

Zeus
05-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Sounds great! Will you also be able to reserve names that arnt exactly the same as your name but close ex. Original Silentarrowsz Blackstar name Silentarrows

That wouldn't make sense though, because I know some of the people I know imitate my name with misspellings and whatnot. It would likely be abused.

omerojs
05-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Nice !!!
I like the part of the elixirs and also the comparison between items!! and also the exp for quests... and so many more things !!!

Zeusofire
05-17-2011, 08:24 PM
will we get xp for all the quests we completed?

shmoo
05-17-2011, 08:29 PM

This is a very interesting question.. :) It seems very difficult to track this if you include the dailies you have completed.. XD

It would certainly help a lot especially when you are level 55 and levelling to 56. :)

Would dailies have exp as well?

Banned
05-17-2011, 10:02 PM
First, you guys decide to remove the stats off of the SoG because of a few GoA crying about it's superior armor boost in comparison to the other two event shields. Fine. Then, you go ahead and give away the shield to anyone that has previously purchased 30 platinum, further raping it's rarity in to a state of common availability. Fine. THEN, you use the exact same SoG model for a shield in the latest campaign(bear ofc), with the only difference being a change in color, pretty much slaughtering any of the uniqueness this item was clutching on to. FINE. But now you're telling me I can't even use my damn shield?

I honestly can't find a way to convert my frustration in to words.

Zeus
05-17-2011, 10:06 PM
First, you guys decide to remove the stats off of the SoG because of a few GoA crying about it's superior armor boost in comparison to the other two event shields. Fine. Then, you go ahead and give away the shield to anyone that has previously purchased 30 platinum, further raping it's rarity in to a state of common availability. Fine. THEN, you use the exact same SoG model for a shield in the latest campaign(bear ofc), with the only difference being a change in color, pretty much slaughtering any of the uniqueness this item was clutching on to. FINE. But now you're telling me I can't even use my damn shield?

I know :(. I loved the surfing stance with the duel daggers. :(

Banned
05-17-2011, 10:12 PM
I know :(. I loved the surfing stance with the duel daggers. :(

Hitting things in the face with a shield fashioned out of a giant diamond was seriously the highlight of my PL career.

This is whack, real talk.

Gluttony
05-17-2011, 10:13 PM

I imagine rants like this are why you have the ign banned; however I cannot say that I disagree with the rant (just wouldn't word it quite so...). I didn't know that the GoA had anything to do with the shield losing it stats, but I have been noticing that if enough people complain about something then it's just a matter of time before the devs try to please everyone with a compromise. Only bears ever had a "unique" SoG (both birds and mages had theirs moddled after the BS shields).

The change seems to be fair as the shield does offer no stat points so it's just for looks, so can you really be upset that you cannot wear it with your two handed weapon (other shields cannot be weilded with a two handed weapon). The change that allowed people who purchased 30 plat of more for the shield was sad, but it's a no stat shield that is just for show, so again shouldn't really bother anyone.

Simnar
05-17-2011, 10:14 PM
ive been wanting exp for quest for a while now

Arterra
05-17-2011, 10:16 PM
no more wack a mole shields? NOOOOoo....

ah well, can be understood, if not liked... it frankly was a glitch.

ZHEOTARE
05-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Sounds like a great update that addresses a lot of the suggestions given on the forums. Can't wait to get it!!

Banned
05-17-2011, 10:28 PM
I imagine rants like this are why you have the ign banned; however I cannot say that I disagree with the rant (just wouldn't word it quite so...). I didn't know that the GoA had anything to do with the shield losing it stats, but I have been noticing that if enough people complain about something then it's just a matter of time before the devs try to please everyone with a compromise. Only bears ever had a "unique" SoG (both birds and mages had theirs moddled after the BS shields).

The change seems to be fair as the shield does offer no stat points so it's just for looks, so can you really be upset that you cannot wear it with your two handed weapon (other shields cannot be weilded with a two handed weapon). The change that allowed people who purchased 30 plat of more for the shield was sad, but it's a no stat shield that is just for show, so again shouldn't really bother anyone.

Thought that joke was already played out, but I was obviously mistaken. Not very creative, are we? Maybe that over-consumption of intoxicants is affecting your imagination? Assuming that's why you call yourself Gluttony, of course.

Anyway, the amount of PL/Community shield holders in comparison to the non-PL/Community shield holders really doesn't seem like enough to warrant the complete overhaul of an item's function. (I don't really care about this)

I guess "bears ofc" wasn't clear enough.

Yes, I do believe I can be upset about being given a gift, and then prevented from using it, regardless of it's inability to affect my stats. SWAG.

Arterra
05-17-2011, 10:32 PM
meh, I'm glad that they made all shields pure vanity, that way i can use it guilt free on top of other shields. tbh that really is all it should be, a vanity option to show your support in the game.
while my issues lie not in the changes, but in the lack of changes for the bird and mage, that is another story...

Banned
05-17-2011, 10:34 PM
no more wack a mole shields? NOOOOoo....

ah well, can be understood, if not liked... it frankly was a glitch.

You're right, but they could have, at the very least, modified it to show in SOME way that didn't appear unpolished(aka, Corpser) instead of completely eliminating it's usage.

Swimmingstar
05-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Yes now I have more of a reason for doing 132 quests but I have a question if you do the quest before the update do you still get xp or no cuz if every new player gets it and older players don't that's not really fair. and how much xp per quest?

Gluttony
05-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Thought that joke was already played out, but I was obviously mistaken. Not very creative, are we? Maybe that over-consumption of intoxicants is affecting your imagination? Assuming that's why you call yourself Gluttony, of course.

Yes, I do believe I can be upset about being given a gift, and then prevented from using it, regardless of it's inability to affect my stats. SWAG.

Do ign jokes ever get played out; I mean do you think you're the first intelligent minded individual to make a Gluttony joke, or perhaps the fact that you coupled it with alcohol makes it double witty? Sorry for my lack of creativity, you on the other hand can always look to a life of stand-up comedy once you have the free time to do so. Judging from you lack of the ability to take a complement, you may not get very far.

You can be as upset as you want, but it's a bit hypocritical to do so. People complaining is what got it changed in the first place, so is this your solo attempt to force the devs hand to reverse their decision? The shield is an attempt at some fail system the devs have working, it's more like a shiny new toy to keep the people happy.

Yes now I have more of a reason for doing 132 quests but I have a question if you do the quest before the update do you still get xp or no cuz if every new player gets it and older players don't that's not really fair. and how much xp per quest?

Seriously, are we starting the "cause that's not fair" game before the update even comes into play?!

Zbooo
05-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Original Zbo is ready for B* yeah buddy!

Banned
05-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Do ign jokes ever get played out; I mean do you think you're the first intelligent minded individual to make a Gluttony joke, or perhaps the fact that you coupled it with alcohol makes it double witty? Sorry for my lack of creativity, you on the other hand can always look to a life of stand-up comedy once you have the free time to do so. Judging from you lack of the ability to take a complement, you may not get very far.

You can be as upset as you want, but it's a bit hypocritical to do so. People complaining is what got it changed in the first place, so is this your solo attempt to force the devs hand to reverse their decision? The shield is an attempt at some fail system the devs have working, it's more like a shiny new toy to keep the people happy.

I guess you didn't catch my attempt at parodying your lame joke with another lame joke. Which is understandable, seeing as how it's difficult to perceive intent on the Internet.

I don't quite understand how I'm being hypocritical. I never said anything about reverting it back to it's unpolished state, but rather that I'd like to see it changed to something cooler then non-existent. Something along the lines of user Corpser's idea(shield on back).

Gluttony
05-18-2011, 12:18 AM
I guess you didn't catch my attempt at parodying your lame joke with another lame joke. Which is understandable, seeing as how it's difficult to perceive intent on the Internet.

I don't quite understand how I'm being hypocritical. I never said anything about reverting it back to it's unpolished state, but rather that I'd like to see it changed to something cooler then non-existent. Something along the lines of user Corpser's idea(shield on back).

I see what you did there, quite creative indeed! Are you sure I was using your ign to make a witty joke, or rather complementing you on how well you know yourself (choosing banned with the type of on the edge comments you make does indeed prove that you know where actions like this are leading you). I chose gluttony for similar reasons, but to the point.

Complaining about people complaining is indeed hypocritical, I'll point it out for you since you seem to be missing the point. You directly blamed the GoA's complaints for the change in the shield of gratitude, you then state how the shield lost it's exclusiveness in a step by step analysis. You finally complain that it's losing yet some more uniqueness and you're very upset over the fact. I imagine this plays out very similar to how the shield became vanity/statless in the first place. Asking to have the shield reverted back to it's unpolished state would actually be the opposite.

Redbridge
05-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Whilst the chat Gluttony and Banned are having is interesting (come on folks, get a room :-p), I'm gonna comment on the OP.

I'm loving all (but one of) the updates, especially the CS improvements, here's hoping our stash gets an overhaul next. It's much needed. Sadly, I don't like the vanity shield fix. I guess running maps with my keepers staff and GoA shield isn't gonna be happening for much longer..... :-(

Gluttony & Banned, you both raise, really great points, many of which I agree with, but look how quickly text talking can degenerate into tit 4 tat. (sorry bickering, arguing).. I think you almost agreed with each other at one point. Oh, and the bit about a room was a jk, just in case. I was just trying to lighten the mood, hopefully succeeded, crawling back under my stone else. Enjoy.... Lol

nazgulking
05-18-2011, 01:29 AM
I see all good things in the update, love the work devs :)
Especially I'm happy for the experience given by quests. While waiting for devs to say if completed quests will add experience to our current amount, I wanna ask if also daily quests will give exp.

Riccits
05-18-2011, 02:20 AM
iam annoing but i hope that i can finally craft the mystery wepon at least with this version :/
ty for bearing me :)

Johnaudi
05-18-2011, 03:37 AM
What do u guys mean by submitted to apple? I cant find the update!

Corpser
05-18-2011, 04:34 AM
thats a cool update

Kingofhurtz
05-18-2011, 06:31 AM
What do u guys mean by submitted to apple? I cant find the update!

It just means that STS has sent it to Apple and Apple still has to approve it. When the content becomes available, the devs will let us know. It usually takes about a week or week and a half for it to be approved.

CrimsonTider
05-18-2011, 06:55 AM
Love it! Even more reason to run the daily quests.

Trav19ktm
05-18-2011, 07:11 AM
when can we have the update?

JaytB
05-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Wooohooo, updates :banana:

when can we have the update?

When Apple approves it :) Usually takes a week or two...

Bobloblaw
05-18-2011, 09:48 AM

Both of these are questions/concerns of mine as well. I'm really not the type of player to gripe about things being unfair. Changes are always being made and often times some will benefit while others do not.

That being said, this is a situation in which I have some concern. I would really like to see players who previously took the time to complete quests, which is what the developers truly intended for us to do, to be given the XP for the completed quests. Seeing as each character has a log of their completed quests I don't see this as being something difficult to accomplish from the STS side.

My reasoning is that STS put the quests in for a reason. They add to the story and in a perfect world I'm sure they would have liked to see everyone do them. With the monumental grind from 55-56, if 55 players who sped through levels and skipped quests can now go back and complete (very easily by soloing low levels) the quests they never did for XP they will have a pretty big time/grind savings, and even a money savings if you take into account this is XP for which they don't have to spend gold for XP elixers in order to benefit from. The only ones who would be hurt if XP isn't retroactively awarded are those who took the time to go through and complete the quests, which is exactly the group of players I don't think should be penalized.

I'm open to hearing any comments both for and against this retroactive XP. However, if high levels can go back through and solo very low level quests they previously skipped for easy/fast XP while those who took the time to complete them earlier reap no benefit then I am very disappointed in the implementation of this. I know STS always works to make improvements and changes while doing so as smoothly and fairly as possible. I am very interested to know how they plan to handle this.

superglut2
05-18-2011, 10:12 AM
great patch, pocket legends is getting better and better.

Ayrilana
05-18-2011, 10:23 AM
I don't see what the big deal is regarding XP for quests. You'll likely get 1-2 XP which leads to about 200-400 XP if you do ALL of the quests. You can easily get this amount in 1-2 Hideout runs for a fraction of the time. It's not really that unfair. No point in complaining about something when all he facts about it aren't known yet.

Bobloblaw
05-18-2011, 10:42 AM
I don't see what the big deal is regarding XP for quests. You'll likely get 1-2 XP which leads to about 200-400 XP if you do ALL of the quests. You can easily get this amount in 1-2 Hideout runs for a fraction of the time. It's not really that unfair. No point in complaining about something when all he facts about it aren't known yet.

First, you are correct in stating nothign is known yet. We don't know whether the amount will be small (as you suggest) or something a little more substantial. My guess is that it will start small (something like you suggest) in very early levels and scale up according to the level in which the quest can be found. That way quests will still be worth doing when you get to the point that a new lvl up is 8k or more.

Simply assuming it will be such a small amount and that "ALL the quests" will only be worth 1-2 hideout runs is equally as presumptuous as anything previously mentioned.

I'm sorry if you interpreted my post as a simple complaint. That certainly was not my intention. It was intended, and at least I thought it came off, as a look at both positions (no retroactive quest XP vs. retroactive quest XP) given the one thing we do know (quests will now give XP) and presenting why I felt handling things one way would be the most fair to everyone.

Gluttony
05-18-2011, 11:52 AM
I'll go out on a limb and agree with Ayrilana about the xp for quests being an insignificant change. A bit presumptious, yes; chances of being on the money, very high. I know that nothing is known about how the xp for quests is going to play out, but we are talking about the same quests that give 100-500 gold even if they take 100+ runs to complete. The gold reward didn't really scale up, so to assume that the quest xp will follow. Even if it's on the same scale as the gold is maybe the BS quests will give 10xp, which as stated can be accomplished in seconds compared to minutes. If daily quests give xp that would be a slight bonus.

Edit: It's a nice addition for people who like the quests, but it's not as full of win as some of the other changes. I'm glad that STS is looking at areas for improvement like this, next quest upgrade make the gold/xp reflect the actual quest... please.

Bobloblaw
05-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I agree with a lot of what you mention Glut. It most likely won't be a big deal and I'm not sure just how difficult it would be for STS to implement it in that way. Just figured it was worth a small discussion even before all the details are out :D

Pandamoni
05-18-2011, 02:19 PM

It’s now possibly to quickly compare items in the store with your current equipment.

This is great! Will the also be implemented in the CS? It's so nice to have a quick look at what an item will do to my stats without having to use any brain power to do it.

Austin2505
05-18-2011, 02:36 PM
XP for quest!! Yes!! Finally!!

Banned
05-18-2011, 03:29 PM
I see what you did there, quite creative indeed! Are you sure I was using your ign to make a witty joke, or rather complementing you on how well you know yourself (choosing banned with the type of on the edge comments you make does indeed prove that you know where actions like this are leading you). I chose gluttony for similar reasons, but to the point.

Complaining about people complaining is indeed hypocritical, I'll point it out for you since you seem to be missing the point. You directly blamed the GoA's complaints for the change in the shield of gratitude, you then state how the shield lost it's exclusiveness in a step by step analysis. You finally complain that it's losing yet some more uniqueness and you're very upset over the fact. I imagine this plays out very similar to how the shield became vanity/statless in the first place. Asking to have the shield reverted back to it's unpolished state would actually be the opposite.

Like I said, it's difficult to perceive intent on the Internet. Especially when you get a constant flow of "LOL your name is banned because you're always banned' spewed at your face like pea soup from a demon possessed, little girl's mouth.

Let me bold up a few words from my original post so you can correctly analyze it.

"Fine" as in, I'm okay with it. But completely disallowing it's usage did it for me.

BlazeMystic
05-18-2011, 03:36 PM
All sounds really good!

Snakespeare
05-18-2011, 03:57 PM
I am glad that I got gold and items for quests in the past. I can get a few hundred XP by running Plasma once (with my L39 it is red threat), so XP is pretty much easy. Besides, I got thousands of XP running the hundred tomes quest. I doubt the rewards can match that. It's a pittance. I am far more interested in the quests as story elements!!! There need to be even more of them. I think I might just send a few suggestions. :-)

I didn't like the sideways shield that shoots arrows, personally, but I see others did. I thought it was kinda lame and only did it once. But as a vanity, it goes well over a wing shield or demonic eyeball, so pure dex birds and pure int mages can use them. Also, I was unable to wear it on my main because it had less armor than a proper level shield. AND I did not think it was FAIR for me to have an advantage at 1st level of an extra 20+ armor just because I am a Guardian. That's not what being a Guardian is all about. Again, varied mileage, because people I generally think do play fair were using them in PvP, so I am glad that it was changed. Sometimes it takes a referee to keep things fair.

Looks like it will be a great update.

Gluttony
05-18-2011, 03:59 PM
"Fine" as in, I'm okay with it. But completely disallowing it's usage did it for me.

Really? You're fine with it, let's re-analyze this paragraph:

Every time you mention just how "fine" you are with everything, you then reiterate just how enraged you actually are. You even end at a loss for words (which I cannot even begin to comprehend based on endless amounts nonsense that spill from your keyboard). You picked the name for the sheer enjoyment of trolling so here is your prize sir.

P.S. The quote from your last post is all you, not sure how/why my name is on it but I'd appreciate it if you could edit that (I'm sure you don't want me stealing your style points either)!

Snakespeare
05-18-2011, 04:11 PM
I can't stay and play, but I don't get the complaint. A shiv bear uses 1-H weapons. What part of this am I missing? I've been using my shield all along. I had to use it on level 25-30 characters at first, but now I can use it on my main (with a dagger or talon). The only thing I can't do is hide a Gurgox Hammer behind a shield and appear to be whapping opponents with the flat of the shield. That's NOT what I call "unusable". So color me confused.

and p.s. I didn't complain that the Guardian Shield initially had FEWER points of armor than the PL Shield, when it should have had MORE. Any contest winner can get a PL Shield. You have to BE UPSTANDING AT ALL TIMES to be a Guardian. You can lose Guardian status, but they don't take contest winning prizes away. But I didn't complain because it was nonsense. It is seriously, utterly nonsensical. A screaming skull shield is far cooler. Isn't it?

Banned
05-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Really? You're fine with it, let's re-analyze this paragraph:

Every time you mention just how "fine" you are with everything, you then reiterate just how enraged you actually are. You even end at a loss for words (which I cannot even begin to comprehend based on endless amounts nonsense that spill from your keyboard). You picked the name for the sheer enjoyment of trolling so here is your prize sir.

P.S. The quote from your last post is all you, not sure how/why my name is on it but I'd appreciate it if you could edit that (I'm sure you don't want me stealing your style points either)!

Notice that my loss of words is attributed to my inability to use the shield. Which is why I stopped at "can't even use my damn shield", making no attempt at discussing the actual "fix".

My name choice has nothing to do with my supposed "enjoyment of trolling"(as some of you know, I was oblivious to most Internet lingo before joining the StS forum). "TMNT" just happened to be taken.

Gluttony
05-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Notice that my loss of words is attributed to my inability to use the shield. Which is why I stopped at "can't even use my damn shield", making no attempt at discussing the actual "fix".

My name choice has nothing to do with my supposed "enjoyment of trolling"(as some of you know, I was oblivious to most Internet lingo before joining the StS forum). "TMNT" just happened to be taken.

I believe we have officially come full circle, you have now admitted to complaining (without even an attempt at a solution), thus I assume you understand why I called the situation hypocritical.

The fact that you were unaware of what trolling actually is, doesn't hinder your ability to accomplish said task with ease. Perhaps you didn't choose the name, but rather it chose you.

Snakespeare
05-18-2011, 05:03 PM
I believe it is name-calling to use the term hypocritical, Guttony, which is in fact more trollish than whining. So, can we lighten up? Thanks.

Banned is my buddy. He is inclined to be very expressive. If you are going to have issues with people who are expressive, then you're going to have issues forever. I try to read past the emotion for the content.

But Banned, regarding content, I still don't get what you're saying. Can't you just wear the shield over a wing with your shiv? The only thing you can't do is exploit a glitch for humor. It's not as if they actually took the thing away. Plus, think about us June Bugs! We were cut from the Founders. There are only about 5 of us, and not one of us complained, and I think that is a far bigger deal.

And are you guys joking? Because there is flat out no way that any audience would do anything but laugh at the level of triviality. I wish I could stay and make tempests in this teapot, but darn it, work beckons! You guys have to be joking, right? This is some sort of parody of an internet argument, right? It has to be. Otherwise, you should both take a break. ;)

Bobloblaw
05-18-2011, 05:31 PM
And are you guys joking? Because there is flat out no way that any audience would do anything but laugh at the level of triviality.

aaaand bingo was his name-o

Banned
05-18-2011, 05:52 PM
I believe we have officially come full circle, you have now admitted to complaining (without even an attempt at a solution), thus I assume you understand why I called the situation hypocritical.

The fact that you were unaware of what trolling actually is, doesn't hinder your ability to accomplish said task with ease. Perhaps you didn't choose the name, but rather it chose you.

Still don't see how it's hypocritical. I wasn't "complaining about people complaining", as you had previously stated. I was merely outlining how the devs have managed to somehow upset nearly everyone in some way relating to the SoG. Which they hadn't done to me, until they decided to prevent 2h usage. Hence, "Fine". But you know what, you can interpret it as you'd like. Close-mindedness seems to plague you like an unwanted erection.

Seeing as how the devs read every thread, I assumed before hand that they'd implement the solution Corpser presented in these two threads.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/search.php?searchid=103484#showthread.php?24167-Don-t-change-the-shield-yo&forcenoajax=1

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/search.php?searchid=103503#showthread.php?24199-My-fix-idea-for-the-2-handed-wepon-glitch-with-pics&highlight=Shield&forcenoajax=1

It did have a great reaction.

Notice that I completely turned my attack switch off(crazy, I know), and gave you flame free explanation of my name choice. You come back with name calling and false accusation. Who's the real troll here?

But Banned, regarding content, I still don't get what you're saying. Can't you just wear the shield over a wing with your shiv? The only thing you can't do is exploit a glitch for humor. It's not as if they actually took the thing away. Plus, think about us June Bugs! We were cut from the Founders. There are only about 5 of us, and not one of us complained, and I think that is a far bigger deal.

I've only been rocking my dual shivs, since single daggers just don't provide any substantial amount of damage.

Snakespeare
05-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Dual shivs... LOL! That must have looked funny to see someone pushing a shield around like it's a wheelbarrow.

I'd like to see, maybe for next April Fool's, a "Glitch Day" where we can all get pink cubes and equip shields with a 2-H. Especially if it's the kind where the huge bastard sword juts through the shield. That was epic.

Gluttony
05-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Still don't see how it's hypocritical. I wasn't "complaining about people complaining", as you had previously stated. I was merely outlining how the devs have managed to somehow upset nearly everyone in some way relating to the SoG. Which they hadn't done to me, until they decided to prevent 2h usage. Hence, "Fine". But you know what, you can interpret it as you'd like. Close-mindedness seems to plague you like an unwanted erection.

Notice that I completely turned my attack switch off(crazy, I know), and gave you flame free explanation of my name choice. You come back with name calling and false accusation. Who's the real troll here?

Omg, this is too funny. I make a poke at your name twice, and refer to a situation (not a person) as hypocritical and I'm a troll now?! That's cool, we can all read what you believe I am for a lighthearted joke. In the end a guardian stepped in and came to your aid so I guess that's my que to bow out. Guess he was right in the end, you are a bit moody huh?

thecakeisaspy
05-18-2011, 06:43 PM
on a little bit of a more on topic note does anyone know if completing a quest while under the effects of an exp elixer will boost the exp gained from completing the quest?

Orcish
05-18-2011, 07:04 PM
So are we going to receive xp for all the quests we already completed :confused:

Whirlzap
05-18-2011, 07:18 PM
10/5 stars PL FTW'
EXCELLENT UPDATES THERE CANNOT WAIT FOR BLACKSTAR

Banned
05-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Omg, this is too funny. I make a poke at your name twice, and refer to a situation (not a person) as hypocritical and I'm a troll now?! That's cool, we can all read what you believe I am for a lighthearted joke. In the end a guardian stepped in and came to your aid so I guess that's my que to bow out. Guess he was right in the end, you are a bit moody huh?

Every few months or so.

tonygmoney
05-18-2011, 07:48 PM
i like how u can gain exp for quest no theres a reason to do quest other than just getting mystery items lol..

Snakespeare
05-18-2011, 08:21 PM
LOL! Banned doesn't need me to come to his aid. I just wanted to play. Please play. It can be fun. But y'know my wife does that, too. She says don't be an idiot. I say it's not nice to call me that. She says she wasn't specifically referring to me in the present tense; it's some conditional case whatever. She's an English teacher. How do I argue with that? It's the same thing. The word hypocrit and the situation of being hypocritical are about as different as me not really being an idiot, only being told NOT to be one. And when I said say that someone is hypocritical is more trollish than whining, by this logic, I didn't call you a troll. Do I have that right? hehe

Come on, Gluttony. It's supposed to be fun.

He's only moody once a month, anyways. LOL!

omerojs
05-18-2011, 08:26 PM
I know the patch is not out yet, but i already have a question/request/complaint ...
i have done lots of quests on my 53 mage... i would love to see that the exp from those quests is added to my exp now... its not like you cannot know how many quests i have done or any player has done.. its on the system.. and also the system knows exactly which ones have been done.. so i would suggest to add the exp given by each one of them with some formula that calculates how much should that exp be if the player is lvl 10 or 50..
plz think about it..

Register
05-18-2011, 08:40 PM
yeah because i didnt know about the quest xp thing until after i completed a bunch of quests...but if they give like 5 xp a quest, id forget it..but if its like 6xp..then...im...like......hell yeah!

bronislav84
05-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Elixirs now persist for a period of real-world time through death, dungeon changes and logouts.
You should be able to view the elixirs on your character in the avatar screen by tapping "Elixir Buffs".
You can purchase elixirs with gold again!

The store has been completely reworked to improve ease of use.
You should find in most cases it will take you substantially fewer clicks to reach your destination
Many feature purchases which were previously buried in the store are now made quickly from the relevant UI. These include emotes, campaigns, inventory slots, auction slots, stash slots, etc.

Completing quests can now grant experience.
Added /trade <name> command. This allow you to quickly trade with someone in a crowded area. No more digging through player names for the person you want to trade with.
Fixed completed quests display when inspecting another player.
When wielding a 2 handed weapon, offhand vanity items are no longer visible and no longer hide the weapon.
The skill book icon no longer appears when your character has less than four skills
Quick chat supports more text, up to two lines
Account details now shows account creation date
Unregistered accounts should now be able to purchase character renames
The client now knows if it could not connect to the server because the internet connection isn't working or if the server is actually down for maintenance. The correct message is displayed accordingly.
Possible fix for Gurgox sounds not working correctly under Android
You can now reserve your character's name for Blackstar!
I am sad about Corp's fix not being implemented, happy about elixirs for gold, and happy about Gurgox being possibly fixed. More details on how BS name reserves work, please? And price?
That wouldn't make sense though, because I know some of the people I know imitate my name with misspellings and whatnot. It would likely be abused.Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, you know. And yes it would make sense, if you consider some people (Ex: Myself) had to use a misspelling of their desired name because it was taken otherwise.
We better, or a lot of people who completed most or all will be very sad. Assuming it isn't a pittance, we should get it retroactively, or new characters after this update will have an experience advantage. The game keeps track of completed quests, so it should be quite easy to give the experience retroactively.
-snip- The change that allowed people who purchased 30 plat of more for the shield was sad -snip-How is compensating those who got 30 or more plat and recognising more people sad? Just because a person didn't get a bank's worth of plat doesn't mean they should have gotten jack after it all went free. This is fairness, not sadness. Also very happy TJ-earned plat counted for this. Just because I didn't pay for it out of pocket doesn't mean STS got no money, and I'm glad more people were recognized.

63 plat and counting. I support STS in my own way. :)

Gluttony
05-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Come on, Gluttony. It's supposed to be fun.

Oh it was never anything else than pure fun. I said you came to Banned's aid, never that he needed it. He has proved that he can handle himself... and yes you nailed the situational word play, you indeed never actually directly called me a troll. It was all simantics and never more than just good clean wordplay for me.

Just because a person didn't get a bank's worth of plat doesn't mean they should have gotten jack after it all went free. This is fairness, not sadness. Also very happy TJ-earned plat counted for this. Just because I didn't pay for it out of pocket doesn't mean STS got no money, and I'm glad more people were recognized.

It's more sad that a decision was made and the collective uproar that the "have-nots" made caused enough panic at STS hq to cause them to backpedal. It was stated there was going to be a veteran's system put into place so that different people would get different things, but guess the mass of collective negativity was beating down STS' doors. I just think it sets a bad example and it's negative reinforcement is all.

Edit: Also how did STS get money if all that was done was dling other apps, opening them for seconds and deleting them (it's what I do)?

Snakespeare
05-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Cool, Gluttony. Cuz' I only jumped in because it looked like so much fun

bronislav84
05-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Exactly, please the have-nots because it is unfair otherwise. Get off your high horse and realize that this is a compromise, man. And no, it is positive reinforcement. If STS is nicer like this, people see their requests being heard. You scratch my back, and I scratch yours. Give us stuff, and we will want to support you more. I'm seriously considering charging plat out of pocket soon. They listen. Well mostly. I like devs who listen.

As to your edit, think about it. Plat is not actually free. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but somebody still pays for it. TJ pays STS and any other company for every point of virtual currency it gives out, and I'm sure there's a small dividend being paid to the dev of the downloaded app as well. TJ earns money off advertising things for people. Marketing and income. It's another instance of you scratch my back, and I scratch yours.

All of this is making sense to you, right?

Gluttony
05-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Cool, Gluttony. Cuz' I only jumped in because it looked like so much fun

Agreed, I don't know how the masses didn't jump in. I saw another GoA wanting to jump in the pool, but was fearful of the sharks.

Exactly, please the have-nots because it is unfair otherwise. Get off your high horse and realize that this is a compromise, man. And no, it is positive reinforcement. If STS is nicer like this, people see their requests being heard. You scratch my back, and I scratch yours. Give us stuff, and we will want to support you more. I'm seriously considering charging plat out of pocket soon. They listen. Well mostly. I like devs who listen.

As to your edit, think about it. Plat is not actually free. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but somebody still pays for it. TJ pays STS and any other company for every point of virtual currency it gives out, and I'm sure there's a small dividend being paid to the dev of the downloaded app as well. TJ earns money off advertising things for people. Marketing and income. It's another instance of you scratch my back, and I scratch yours.

All of this is making sense to you, right?

It was never designed to be fair, it was a reward for people who the devs felt helped them achieve their goals. A reward almost always has someone left out because not everyone can get one. Why not just make a "you downloaded the game" shield. High horse, you're assuming that I have a shield right? I didn't purchase any plat, I love the game but it can change at a moments notice and become something I would touch again, so no money invested for me tyvm. The definition of negative reinforcement is rewarding someone for bad behavior, can we all agree that complaining about the fact that you didn't get something that other's got is indeed negative?

I have no idea if TJ pays PL for anything but the wall space, I doubt it's a commission thing because that just seems like a bad business move on TapJoy's part.

Finally, no... please explain how rewarding a crying baby (or group of babies) with a shiny new toy is positive reinforcement.

bronislav84
05-18-2011, 11:44 PM
Okay, more fair than before. Better choice of words maybe? Considering I wasn't one of the complainers, I see it as completely positive reinforcement for those who got at least 30+ plat in any manner. Get 30 plat before free update (Good thing), get shield (Good thing). That's another way to see it.

Please go take a business class or listen to some logic. 99% of things in this world are not truly free. Somebody still pays for the plat, man. Common sense. I have no doubt in my mind that the majority of the employees involved love their jobs, but at the end of the day both companies are out to make a buck. There is no money to be made in truly free plat. When we use TJ both companies make some money. In effect, this is another way to support STS for those who can't simply charge plat, and because I love the game I do it gladly and enjoy the plat. I assume you TJ for plat too since you mentioned downloading and deleting too. BTW I kept Shadow Era! Game rocks, but I use all of mine on PL so I never have any left for SE.

Did you not read the back scratching analogy? Rewarding people for supporting the company prompts them to continue doing so. Forgive me for seeing the good in everything. *eye roll*

Gluttony
05-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Please go take a business class or listen to some logic. 99% of things in this world are not truly free. Somebody still pays for the plat, man. Common sense. I have no doubt in my mind that the majority of the employees involved love their jobs, but at the end of the day both companies are out to make a buck. There is no money to be made in truly free plat. When we use TJ both companies make some money. In effect, this is another way to support STS for those who can't simply charge plat, and because I love the game I do it gladly and enjoy the plat. I assume you TJ for plat too since you mentioned downloading and deleting.

Pretty sure that my statement of: I doubt it's a commission thing because that just seems like a bad business move on TapJoy's part, actually shows I have some business sense. TJ has walls in many games, so paying a developer a flat fee or a monthly flat rate to use be featured in another devs application would be in their best interest. It's probably more like TJ works as a mediator and just transfers the money from one party to the other after taking their cut. Paying based on what games get downloaded by whom would be a drain on their pockets as I imagine most people dl the free games for the in-game currency they receive in their favorite app (I imagine this is why Apple has an issue with TJ currently as their offers just boost download numbers for certain apps).

I understand the back scratching, but I also see that it promotes more whining in the long run. If the devs make a decision and stick to it (when it comes to presents) then people would learn that venting about it won't alleviate their ailment. Kind of like the beggars in Balefort, if you feed them one they just keep coming back for more.

AkoSiPinoy
05-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Yay!! Lvl 56 here i come!!!

bronislav84
05-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Pretty sure that my statement of: I doubt it's a commission thing because that just seems like a bad business move on TapJoy's part, actually shows I have some business sense. TJ has walls in many games, so paying a developer a flat fee or a monthly flat rate to use be featured in another devs application would be in their best interest. It's probably more like TJ works as a mediator and just transfers the money from one party to the other after taking their cut. Paying based on what games get downloaded by whom would be a drain on their pockets as I imagine most people dl the free games for the in-game currency they receive in their favorite app (I imagine this is why Apple has an issue with TJ currently as their offers just boost download numbers for certain apps).

I understand the back scratching, but I also see that it promotes more whining in the long run. If the devs make a decision and stick to it (when it comes to presents) then people would learn that venting about it won't alleviate their ailment. Kind of like the beggars in Balefort, if you feed them one they just keep coming back for more.Must you quote a post directly above you? I only quote if it isn't the post above me. Otherwise weird things happen. You get an old version, which is very likely to happen with my posts because I edit at least five times before I'm satisfied. :p At least with me, don't do it unless you enjoy being told to go read old posts because I put in an edit you didn't read. Also it is annoying to scroll through my own post. I wrote it and read it, so I don't need to see it again, especially if it is outdated.

Moving on.

Well then you see/understand that the free plat is not truly free? Somebody still pays for it one way or another. My idea was just one idea and yours seems entirely feasible too, with more details.

Although I agree on the beggars in Bale (The most outlandish I've seen being "give me 100k!!!" by a level 50 something. Wow, just wow) again I see it as encouraging people to speak their mind about problems to devs who are there and listen. I dunno about other people, but I'd be more inclined to give money to devs who address my concerns than ones who don't and hardly post on the forums. If people see that the devs don't address their concerns, about something enough people feel is bad, then they all they learn is that the devs don't care and decide to take their money/TJ elsewhere. But again I guess that's just me? Forgive me for seeing the good sides of everything.

We seem to agree for the most part? Regardless, I think it is time I slept so goodnight. If you're still having issues with what I post we can "talk" more tomorrow when I'm up and if I'm not playing PL. ;)

KaotiicxDream
05-19-2011, 01:22 AM
This update is so cool :D Tyvm STS!!!!! Love ya Devs ;-D

Where should we reserve our names ?

xantor
05-19-2011, 11:50 AM
I agree they removed my post because they said it was rude lol ...so ill say it again...wow thx devs! Now my sog is totally useless maybe ill sell it for gold or trade it? Oh wait I can't so i guess I'm just stuck with it and cant use it or wait maybe ill put it on just in towne as a reminder to all about how sts will stick it up ur rear end without even the decency of using vasolene or a reach around!!!

Snakespeare
05-19-2011, 11:55 AM
I love the game but it can change at a moments notice and become something I would touch again, so no money invested for me tyvm.

I assume you meant to say "would never touch again". I do not think your attitude is fair. Everything changes. The coffee shop changes. The roads sometimes need work so you have to detour. One boss gets dumped another takes his place. The sky changes from gray to blue. If you are always worried how those things will change, you might as well stay in and never go anywhere. But it will come to your house.

Instead, think of paying the devs for WHAT YOU GOT OUT OF IT SO FAR.

Should we choose not to fall in love because the loved one will die? You can't let fear of change stop you from living. And you can't let fear of change in a game stop you from doing THE RIGHT THING and paying the people who have ALREADY given you, for free, an awesome game... which you say you love.

Sorry, but I couldn't let it pass. It just seems like an excuse to not pay the devs. tyvm :)

(((looking around... we need Yoda... "always thinking about where he's going, never his mind on where he is right now!:)))

Skeazeke
05-19-2011, 12:11 PM
hi, when we can download 1.7.2 at the android market?

FluffNStuff
05-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Dual shivs... LOL! That must have looked funny to see someone pushing a shield around like it's a wheelbarrow.

I'd like to see, maybe for next April Fool's, a "Glitch Day" where we can all get pink cubes and equip shields with a 2-H. Especially if it's the kind where the huge bastard sword juts through the shield. That was epic.

Totally need that mystery helm glitch where it was actually a sword instead of a helm. For some epic pics, check out:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20859-AO-quest-str-helm-graphics

Moogerfooger
05-19-2011, 12:19 PM
I agree they removed my post because they said it was rude lol ...so ill say it again...wow thx devs! Now my sog is totally useless maybe ill sell it for gold or trade it? Oh wait I can't so i guess I'm just stuck with it and cant use it or wait maybe ill put it on just in towne as a reminder to all about how sts will stick it up ur rear end without even the decency of using vasolene or a reach around!!!

Here, I've got something for your whining about a bonus shield they didn't even have to give you.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j450/Moogerfooger71/c3acc9c7.jpg

xantor
05-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Also thx for not showing how much u care about us high lvl players and vets...most have done quest so the exp for quest is one more way to help new players are u trying to create a "NOOB WORLD ORDER"

Snakespeare
05-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Totally need that mystery helm glitch where it was actually a sword instead of a helm. For some epic pics, check out:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20859-AO-quest-str-helm-graphics

he's a l33t hax0r!

xantor
05-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Here, I've got something for your whining about a bonus shield they didn't even have to give you.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j450/Moogerfooger71/c3acc9c7.jpg

I would have rather have been given nothing than a back handed compliment in the form of a thank you

FluffNStuff
05-19-2011, 12:28 PM

I understand the back scratching, but I also see that it promotes more whining in the long run. If the devs make a decision and stick to it (when it comes to presents) then people would learn that venting about it won't alleviate their ailment. Kind of like the beggars in Balefort, if you feed them one they just keep coming back for more.

Tap Joy does actually pay based on downloading an app, even free ones. In fact, their bread and butter is actually free apps. The business model of Tap Joy is to ~pay~ people to download an app in order to push it to the top of the charts in the App Store. Apple had at one point shut down tap joy because of this, and were redesigning the way they do their popularity rankings, so I am not sure what the point of it is now.

FluffNStuff
05-19-2011, 12:28 PM
he's a l33t hax0r!

Totally forgot about that guy ;) He was hilarious.

Snakespeare
05-19-2011, 12:30 PM
I would have rather have been given nothing than a back handed compliment in the form of a thank you

They gave you SO MUCH MORE for free, and you're whining about one gift? Including a sexual reference in your complaint is rude.

Did you pay for Caves? no. The entire campaign was a gift.
Did you pay for swamp expansion? No. Another gift.
How about the Fridge and the uber rare pinks you can get there? nope, it was a gift, too.

There is more, so much more. I don't need to say what you should already know.

I think you deserve a Helm of Ingratitude, one that can't be unequipped. Then everyone will know who you are, the Chief Ingrate of PL.

xantor
05-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Ummm I did pay for caves shows how much u know

Moogerfooger
05-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Ummm I did pay for caves shows how much u know

Shadow Caves, genius.

xantor
05-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Also paid for swamp it was all together so yes u could say I paid for that too

sticky420
05-19-2011, 02:15 PM
I have a question. What does it mean submitted to apple? Why do they have to get apples approval? Is it for apple devices cause im on android . And I paid for shadow caves with the purchase of alien oasis pack they just made it easier to get to which was nice.and about the shield,lol, I would rather have gotten nuthin rather than a shield that is a useless waste of space, space that i purchased, but what ever. And as for the campaign exp if it is a significant amount I really do EXPECT to receive it. I've completed over 90% and would be very upset if I did not receive the exp. just as upset as I was when I paid for something that was free a month later. I know its not like it was a huge amount of money but still sucks.I've spent bout 80 bucks on plat for this game and hopefully I wont feel penalized for doing so again.so please exp for quests already done ty

sticky420
05-19-2011, 02:36 PM
I paid for swamps to and what is the fridge????

bronislav84
05-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Tap Joy does actually pay based on downloading an app, even free ones. In fact, their bread and butter is actually free apps. The business model of Tap Joy is to ~pay~ people to download an app in order to push it to the top of the charts in the App Store. Apple had at one point shut down tap joy because of this, and were redesigning the way they do their popularity rankings, so I am not sure what the point of it is now.The point has always been advertising apps and making money off doing it. It's a business. Everybody involved gets something, although I'm just hypothesizing on what. App dev gets publicity, STS gets money from TJ, TJ gets money either off downloads or the space it "rents" in apps, and user gets virtual currency.

Oh and it was hardly TJ's fault that the app downloads were skewing the rankings. Apple's popularity was based on amount of downloads, so of course it would be affected by TJ. If they had the same system as Android the whole time then TJ wouldn't have gotten in trouble with Apple, so I see it as Apple's fault that the iOS users had no offer board for like a month or something. Maybe I'm missing some facts, but I see TJ as the victim here.
I paid for swamps to and what is the fridge????Pretty sure fridge is either Frozen Nightmares or A Hidden Ice Cave with the crazy strong boss at the end that gave even my level 53 friend trouble. But probably the first.

skavenger216
05-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Fridge is in the hidden ice cave, the entrance to it is hidden behind a tent in snowpeak

asommers
05-19-2011, 04:06 PM
The app has been approved. Please use this thread for feedback.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26860-Client-1.7.2-has-been-approved!

-ALS

Futumsh
05-19-2011, 04:19 PM
on a little bit of a more on topic note does anyone know if completing a quest while under the effects of an exp elixer will boost the exp gained from completing the quest?

Yes, elixirs affect quest completion xp.