PDA

View Full Version : Guide to Being a Good Player (Not the Best) by Platycow

Register
05-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Being a "good" player is how YOU think YOU play. You cant just deem a player the best for his/her level because as you can see by the replies, it differs between the players. One person said that one person was the nicest person ever. Others may think that to be the best you have to have 50k+ pvp kills.
If you really want to find out the "best" player, think of it in more narrowed ideas. You could even host a tournament for the most pve kills or something like that so you are not making a general statement. In my mind, nobody is the "best" player. I believe so because everybody has their OWN way of playing Pocket Legends. Their OWN way of leveling. Their OWN way of helping out others. Some players are better than others ie: scammers< all-day-farmers< common players< helpers< Elite PL'ers
This is just my way of classifying most players. The chart thing could differ by what kind of player you are. If you are what I classify as a helper, you may be lower in the equation than even scammers because you put them above yourself and decide to help them and then help yourself. In my mind all day farmers are 2nd worst because they should be taking breaks and slowing life down a bit. I am a common player and I don't feel bad about that all. Elite PL'ers are people like Lovenus. Lovenus has leveled up and HELPED others rather than being a jerk about being higher leveled than many of the other levels. Every Pocket Legends players' goal should be to be like players like Lovenus- To help the people in need!

[Lt] Shiny
05-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Wow, you took things up a notch (Minecraft!!!!!). GJ!

Moogerfooger
05-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Why are you posting the exact same thing in a new thread that you just posted on another thread?

Register
05-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Because now it reaches out to people who wouldn't have see the thread.

Register
05-18-2011, 08:42 PM
lt, lol i should be thanking you cuz you pretty much inspired me to write that....but then again a Shadow never gives credit..

Ayrilana
05-19-2011, 01:43 AM
This technically isn't a guide but more of a rant. A guide would include a list of the QUALITIES/SKILLS that would make a good player.

Vivi
05-19-2011, 10:27 AM
IMHO good player is a person who knows how to use his/her character, does his/her part of the job (like a bear crowd-controlling/tanking, mage blasting aoe spells and healing, bird punching tons of damage to bosses mostly). Scammers I agree they are the worst of the worst, but I dont care if the guy plays 24/7 or once in a while as long as he does what he's supposed to do, his part of the job.

My order of player ranking is simple Skilled players>newbies>noobs>leechers>scammers
By noob I mean players who dont know how to play their char, dont want to learn how to play their char and ignore any good advices u give them. Anything below Newbie in my games = boot.

Orcish
05-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Inspire, teach, and mentor. In my mind, it's about being good at what you do, to the best of your ability, and to pass that knowledge along, so that others become as successful, if not exceed your own achievments. Assisting other players helps raise the bar to a higher standard, when others win, we all win. Being the best of anything is an ideology we all should strive for...

Dartagnian
05-20-2011, 10:58 AM
And sometimes "best" means the buddy you can log into your phone, rip through a game, have a chuckle, and go get dinner or a movie.

For me, if you take things way to seriously, you're just begging to be laughed at and avoided.

Keep this in mind, famous quote from someome i can't remember but it applies;

"Every day, humanity swims in the sea of knowledge and understanding, yet many manage to come out of that sea bone dry every time."

Register
05-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Lol cool ideas guys. I know this isn't really a guide and I came on just to say that this is a guide for you to learn what kind of player you are and find out what player you should be. This is not a rant just an inspired speech thing on realizing that no real best player exists. Yes players are Better than others but just by a little bit. And a helper should be putting some llayers above them but it alk depends on your play ethics :)