PDA

View Full Version : Banned..

F1zzzzp0p
05-18-2011, 09:40 PM
If ur banned on ur device can u still play it on other devices??

Zeus
05-18-2011, 09:41 PM
If ur banned on ur device can u still play it on other devices??

Does it just say device? or account and device? If so, yes. How long is the ban? You might have been banned by accident. Either way, bans are not to be discussed on the forums and you should email support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing the (at) with an @. Good Luck! :)

Artemis
05-18-2011, 09:42 PM
in before the lock;)

RedRyder
05-18-2011, 09:46 PM
in before the quoting of parth's post followed by the lock ;)

Simnar
05-18-2011, 09:50 PM
in b 4 lock:banana::banana::banana::banana:

F1zzzzp0p
05-18-2011, 09:53 PM
in b 4 lock:banana::banana::banana::banana:

What do u mean

Snakespeare
05-18-2011, 09:55 PM
http://i18.tinypic.com/543v9j9.gif

RedRyder
05-18-2011, 10:15 PM
http://i18.tinypic.com/543v9j9.gif

priceless

bahaha

DawnInfinity
05-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Bans aren't discussed on the forums. As Range said, contact the devs. Either way, using another device to get around a ban is violating the ToS.

Zeus
05-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Bans aren't discussed on the forums. As Range said, contact the devs. Either way, using another device to get around a ban is violating the ToS.

People get banned by accident though, which is what I think what may of happened here. Since he is saying device only ban. What happens is, said person logged onto said person's device. Said person gets a perm/temporary ban. All devices his character was on got banned. So, that might have been Fizzpop's case. Either way, your still violating TOS since logging onto somebody's else's account is not allowed either. But, developers can sometimes be lenient with this.

Gluttony
05-18-2011, 10:35 PM
People get banned by accident though, which is what I think what may of happened here. Since he is saying device only ban. What happens is, said person logged onto said person's device. Said person gets a perm/temporary ban. All devices his character was on got banned. So, that might have been Fizzpop's case. Either way, your still violating TOS since logging onto somebody's else's account is not allowed either. But, developers can sometimes be lenient with this.

Really, so allowing a friend to play PL on my iPhone while stuck in traffic could risk the issue of getting my device banned even if they get don't actually use my account? I hope that I'm misunderstanding the words that are being said here, otherwise OUCH!

Also, why does everyone rush to get their words in... before the lock? If the thread is lockworthy because of someone trying to bend/break rules isn't it usually locked and deleted? Post count will roll back, so I'm failing to grasp the point.

DawnInfinity
05-18-2011, 10:36 PM

Yeah. Fizz, I would just play it safe for now until you hear back from the devs.

Gluttony, if your friend is playing PL on your phone on a DIFFERENT account there is no problem. If they happen to get device banned from their own device though, your iPhone would be affected as well, thus preventing you from playing. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken. People just try to be funny before things get locked. Ban-related threads are typically locked/deleted.

Zeus
05-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Yeah. Fizz, I would just play it safe for now until you hear back from the devs.

Gluttony, if your friend is playing PL on your phone on a DIFFERENT account there is no problem. If they happen to get device banned from their own device though, your iPhone would be affected as well, thus preventing you from playing. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken. People just try to be funny before things get locked. Ban-related threads are typically locked/deleted.

Yeah, you cleared it up. Thanks Steph <3. I should stop rushing my posts so fast, lol. Probably should start reading them before I hit post. Yeah... I'm going to start doing that, now I'm rambling... So I'm going to hit post. Should have read this over too while I'm telling myself to read this post over, but I probably won't. *Post Quick Reply*

Gluttony
05-18-2011, 11:26 PM
If they happen to get device banned from their own device though, your iPhone would be affected as well, thus preventing you from playing.

Yep, that's the worst case senario I was talking about. Time to beef up the security on my phone.

F1zzzzp0p
05-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Umm.... K thx

karmakali
05-19-2011, 05:47 AM
Pointless? Yes.
Still gonna do it? Yes.
In before the early am LOCK!

RedRyder
05-19-2011, 07:12 AM
yea just be careful switching devices lol. my brother (blackryder) and i alternate between our own devices at times but i dont think it matters since the devs should know we have the same residence lol, but its always been a fear in the back of my mind.

Samhayne
05-19-2011, 09:38 AM

e-mail support(at)spacetimestudios.com if you have a question regarding a banned account. Thanks!