PDA

View Full Version : Most Gamebreaking Campaign

RedRyder
05-18-2011, 11:59 PM
The point of this thread is to see what you guys feel is the most memorable campaign that broke PL into a legit game. In my opinion, it was TOTGO (AO3.) with ao3 came the introduction to boss strategies, completely unique and rediculously epic gear, bosses, and environments. The boss and enemy voices were wonderful, and the whole schematic of ao3 was just beautifully done. The devs even knew how serious this campaign was, hence why it was up for more platinum than the standard amount for a camp. Everyone has their own feelings towards this, so what do you guys think?

Zeus
05-19-2011, 12:01 AM
The point of this thread is to see what you guys feel is the most memorable campaign that broke PL into a legit game. In my opinion, it was TOTGO (AO3.) with ao3 came the introduction to boss strategies, completely unique and rediculously epic gear, bosses, and environments. The boss and enemy voices were wonderful, and the whole schematic of ao3 was just beautifully done. The devs even knew how serious this campaign was, hence why it was up for more platinum than the standard amount for a camp. Everyone has their own feelings towards this, so what do you guys think?

A03 surpassed swamps, IMO. I was jawdropped for months as to how beautifully put together the campaign was. Then it was nerfed :(.

Kingofhurtz
05-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Swamps. The old swamps, not the new, piece of cake ones. The ones that were actually challenging, required a team and most of all that that team work together.

Zeus
05-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Swamps. The old swamps, not the new, piece of cake ones. The ones that were actually challenging, required a team and most of all that that team work together.

I remember that, I went in as a noob. Tried to solo it, couldn't. Eventually got through the maps with a skilled team. Tried to take another crack at them as a pure dex, thoth talon ninja bird at the 45 cap. Even with the ridiculous dodge and regen for those days, I got mauled when I brought all the crocs and then Frogmar came. :(. It was awesome.

RedRyder
05-19-2011, 12:07 AM
make your votes on the poll :p

Zeus
05-19-2011, 12:07 AM
They need to reignite my love for Pocket Legends by creating another "WOWZER!" campaign, like Ao3 and Swamps.

Voted for A03.

RedRyder
05-19-2011, 12:08 AM
They need to reignite my love for Pocket Legends by creating another "WOWZER!" campaign, like Ao3 and Swamps.

Voted for A03.

im hoping for one for 55-60. im pretty good without any more optional camps lol

Ellyidol
05-19-2011, 12:08 AM
+1 to Ao3 for me.

Most anticipated, most fun, most challenging, and most expectations met and surpassed, IMO.

Zeus
05-19-2011, 12:10 AM
im hoping for one for 55-60. im pretty good without any more optional camps lol

Yea, if they manage to create an epic campaign like that again, I may stop being AFK in PL so much. I dunno how many people I have managed to anger and annoy by me being AFK for 15 minutes to hours on end.

Kingofhurtz
05-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Aww I'm the only vote for swamps...

Jespo
05-19-2011, 12:14 AM
I do miss the old swamps but I have to go with AO3. This was a mind blowing campaign and the devs really out did it with that one.

Riccits
05-19-2011, 01:37 AM
ya definetly AO3! Best ideas, best new designs (no copys of something), most fun eva!

Zbooo
05-19-2011, 01:55 AM
I went for the good ol' Forest Heaven since I'm a Newb (;

ratava
05-19-2011, 02:46 AM
I voted Alien Oasis: Just because it was such a cool addition. It had really open maps, nice and bright daylight and cool themed desert raider mobs and that funky desert music... Atmospheric! :)

Early swamps was harsh... I did not like that! Good poll OP. :cool:

shmoo
05-19-2011, 03:51 AM
Voted Balefort Sewers since when I joined you could buy every map already (Feb 2011).

To me it was very challenging and without Physiologic's guides it would have been more challenging!
Even now, if you chanced with pub games that has inexperienced people, the run would take very long or even never completed (boss defeated).

Lesrider
05-19-2011, 06:28 AM
The ORIGINAL, UN-NERFED AO3 :p

RedRyder
05-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Voted Balefort Sewers since when I joined you could buy every map already (Feb 2011).

To me it was very challenging and without Physiologic's guides it would have been more challenging!
Even now, if you chanced with pub games that has inexperienced people, the run would take very long or even never completed (boss defeated).

lol if you were here before ao3 like the rest of us, you wouldve picked ao3 :p

lets hope the next one has as much thought put into it :p sewers felt kind of rushed to me since people kept complaining about no level cap raise. BS was the shut the hell up campaign lol

BeardedBear
05-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps! Swamps!

Arterra
05-19-2011, 08:32 AM

You got to love the way we got 1k deaths overnight. And I would do it again if I could lol.

Conradin
05-19-2011, 08:35 AM
They really got it right in ao3- i loved tge swamp days too, but they were too hard when they came out.

Riccits
05-19-2011, 09:28 AM
You got to love the way we got 1k deaths overnight. And I would do it again if I could lol.

mages had a hard life... death by 1-2 hits... LOL

RedRyder
05-19-2011, 09:38 AM
lol tell me about it. OL and keeper was a nightmare. not to mention the desert boss. (P'Lothz?) hell even gurgox before anyone knew how to avoid his 1 hit chi shout. i still remember my first drop which happened to be on my first run i think of CTK. Sunblessed schimitar :) made my first Mil off the one sword, which was a big deal for me since the most i ever had before that point was about 50k. never had, and still really dont have any luck with drops.

Arterra
05-19-2011, 10:18 AM
LOL the first 2-3 kite shields of rift made so much cash... It was right in the middle of the kite shield craze and it just added nitroglycerin to a piston.

My first pink was a lv47 set staff of Isis. Not what you would call cool.

I remember keeper prenerf... His knockback attack hut EVERYTHING in a line. The tactic was to stay behind him while the bear wrote his will in the corner.
THAT was strategy. Get too much aggro and he turns around and smooshes you against a wall.

RedRyder
05-19-2011, 10:34 AM
The tactic was to stay behind him while the bear wrote his will in the corner.

hahahahaahahhahahaa

Riccits
05-19-2011, 01:30 PM
LOL the first 2-3 kite shields of rift made so much cash... It was right in the middle of the kite shield craze and it just added nitroglycerin to a piston.

My first pink was a lv47 set staff of Isis. Not what you would call cool.

I remember keeper prenerf... His knockback attack hut EVERYTHING in a line. The tactic was to stay behind him while the bear wrote his will in the corner.
THAT was strategy. Get too much aggro and he turns around and smooshes you against a wall.

i remember doing keeper the first time... i come fresh out of ao2 dungeon and run into his room with my bear thinking i can just kill him like always (LOL)... the he smashed me from one side to the other and sucked out almost my whole hp... i was near to crying when he wipeout us like flys..