PDA

View Full Version : What is a twink?

Gt Aleska
05-19-2011, 03:13 AM
I keep hearing people talking about being twinks and I wanna know what "twink" means and how to make one. Help anybody?

Fatpigwarrior
05-19-2011, 03:21 AM
A twink is a low level charactewr that plays PvP or farms kills and items 35 is the highest ive seen

Gt Aleska
05-22-2011, 10:47 PM
How can a low level character farm worth while items?

Otukura
05-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Some items are scaled, so if you want a level 15 Jewel Theif's Platinum Talon, you cannot have a level 16+ farm it. EVERYONE in the group must be below 15. Things like those are useful for level 15 twinks.

Swamps are scaled, and level 30 swamp items are in pretty high demand.

Sky../
05-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Ask Pandamoni for a different definition of twink. :)

Otukura
05-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Hmm... I'll go do that tonight. You made me curious :P

Ladylove
05-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Haha you should look it up on dictionary.com for a funny definition.

Primal
05-22-2011, 11:36 PM
I like this definition of twink. Farm items. Items = gold. hmmm
Yup, I'm a make a twink right now.

Dartagnian
05-23-2011, 09:05 AM
I like this definition of twink. Farm items. Items = gold. hmmm
Yup, I'm a make a twink right now.

That's a farmer, not a twink.

Twink's are alternate characters that posess items, equipment, or money they would not normally posess in the progression of the game.

Earliest ive heard of twinking and seen it was in Ultima Online. You could only manage a certain amount of character gear boosting.

Early in EverQuest in 1999, i saw my first twink and jumped on the Hate Train. Guy had full bronze armor and was standing on Orc hill outside Kelethin while myself and others wore crap drops and rusties sharpened with rocks.

However, now twinking is seen as more of a hobby by the "haves" and sometimes an unfair advantage by the "have-nots". I feel like the folks have earned their gear and ditems somehow, so its their. Business now.

And as mentioned, "twink" has a diffent meaning outside the gaming world, so careful where you loudly announce "I just purchased flaming leather to help Robert my twink bear!"

But we wont go there...no..no we wont...

AnRK
06-17-2011, 03:24 PM
And as mentioned, "twink" has a diffent meaning outside the gaming world, so careful where you loudly announce "I just purchased flaming leather to help Robert my twink bear!"

ROFLMAO!! Omigod... priceless!

Toothbeary
06-20-2011, 08:21 AM
Just curious...who in there right minds decided to use the word twink LOL.

Suentous PO
07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
"Just curious...who in there right minds decided to use the word twink LOL. "
A- the first one to cross the threshold of non twinkdom spunaround triumphantly pointing TWINKS!!!!!!
oh Dartagnian, dang you for beating me to that exact punchline. lulz

Unxtoxic
07-05-2011, 04:29 AM
Its short for twinkies of course :) nah nah Jk a twink is a low leveled character with awesome and owning gear (atleast that is what I was told?), on second thought yea what is a twink exactly? I sure hope it's twinkies cause i love me them twinkies..... But seriously what is a twink exactly?

P.S: I never read the other comments just yet :) so don't blame me for not knowing.

Fyrce
07-05-2011, 04:59 AM
I think it's just a low level character owned by a high level character. They're usually geared, of course. Wouldn't give you low levels characters stuff?
I suppose you could say such a character is a twinkie -- hard on the outside, soft on the inside. I think of it as a between character -- not a newbie or new player and not a high level character.

I have a few low level characters I'm trying to use just gear they drop for themselves, just to see how they do in areas. I think they're still twinks, because as long as I am playing them, they are not noobs and they are not high level characters either.

Navygreen
08-16-2011, 12:00 PM
oops srry double post..

Navygreen
08-16-2011, 12:03 PM

i literally LOL'd very loudly at work... thanks. thanks a lot.

:D