PDA

View Full Version : New and a Question

amarriner
05-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi all, newbie here. Really digging the game so far, but I'm a little confused about joining and hosting games. It seems like once I'm logged on I'm dumped into a town and can move to wherever I'd like/need to without having to join or host a game. How does joining or hosting differ from what I'm doing now? Does it limit the number of players in a dungeon or something like that? Sorry for the probably silly question. Thanks.

KaotiicxDream
05-19-2011, 12:54 PM
1. If u click ur name, then click the world, then u can choose join game or host game.
2. There's a maximum of 5 players per dungeon.

wvhills
05-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi all, newbie here. Really digging the game so far, but I'm a little confused about joining and hosting games. It seems like once I'm logged on I'm dumped into a town and can move to wherever I'd like/need to without having to join or host a game. How does joining or hosting differ from what I'm doing now? Does it limit the number of players in a dungeon or something like that? Sorry for the probably silly question. Thanks.

going through town is the long way! right now you're probably following the storyline but later on you will want to run just a particular level (whether it's to accomplish a quest or to defeat a certain boss for a try a good item that he drops). That's when you will want to host and/or join a game. I usually try to join one myself if it's not too far along (you can tell this by the progress bar). If I can't find one then I'll host and hope people join or I will invite my friends!

Fyrce
05-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Sometimes the portal doesn't dump you where you want to go. Or sometimes the portals dumps you alone. Games with full parties go much faster and there's an xp bonus, so usually once I know where I"m going, I'll try to join a full or fuller game. Fuller games are also more fun and gives you a greater chance of making friends in game and in dungeon, so you can see how someone plays before friending him/her.

amarriner
05-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the responses!