PDA

View Full Version : more TYPES of int weapons

Arterra
05-19-2011, 06:30 PM
a good point was made by the last competition: int is not varied enough.

there are axes, swords, battleswords, battleaxes, hammers, 1h hammers, maces, and canes for str.
there are bows, crossbows, daggers, and talons for Dex.
only staffs and wands for int.

as a matter of fact, str has a overly huge amount of weapon types.

can we start suggesting new dex and int types people?

superss
05-19-2011, 06:35 PM
i agree + 10 ooo how about gloves?

azulflame
05-19-2011, 06:36 PM
energy, fire and ice powders, one and two handed. maybe a buffing powder as a shield, like a pink bracer, and an attack powder. slightly larger damage than a wand, maybe by 5/10 at high levels, with slightly lower range (1-2m should suffice)

maybe a machine gun for the birds (blizz stick like for damage and dps)

NeoQueen
05-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Why do bears have canes when they are so weak compared to the other weapons available?

Mages should have a magic cape, maybe a wizard hat.

Edit...now that I think about it a cape would be really cool. Gives a major boost to skills, provides temporary invisibility, impenetrable armor, teleporting...the possibilities are endless.

Otukura
05-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Magic Goo!!!

*cough not my submission cough*

Conradin
05-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Magic guantlets. There could be fire, ice and dark. They would be aoe spec. They look like large spiky metal gloves coated witg fire/ice/dark. You would sacrifice armor and range for all-out close range (couple yards) mega damage.

Piosidon
05-21-2011, 02:24 AM
There are also int dual swords

Orcish
05-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Spellbooks,scrolls, and crystal balls would be awesome.

Redbridge
05-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Magic books or orbs.

EDIT: I snoozed, and got beaten to it.....

Orcish
05-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Lol

Mothwing
05-22-2011, 02:02 PM
if theres mage dual swords why not a mage sword. there should be like talons for mage like cat claws lmao. (i just finished reading the red pyramid bool by rick riordan, Bast is the goddess of cats im kinda in the mood ;))

Ayrilana
05-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Staves and wands have always been the only mage weapons in RPG games that I can remember. A lot of the other suggestions would be great as accessories (like rings are now) assuming they bring that into PL.

Orcish
05-22-2011, 04:03 PM
There's tons of other items you could use for mages! Scrolls (with magical Quill?), Books, Orbs, Jewels, Gloves (flames shoot out, maybe a spirit orb, etc etc..), Familiars, Talismans, Sacrificial Daggers, Herb Component Pouch, Skulls, Vials/Potions, why not a pure magic type weapon like a vorpal blade, mace etc etc?

Arterra
05-22-2011, 04:23 PM
i liked the low-range gloves idea... not melee like dual swords, but around 4-6 of range, making it a bomber item for mages with lot's of guts.

staffs have a decently fast attack, what this game is missing is a overkill weapon with horrible attack speed. pumpkin chunker speed yo!

Barsoom
05-22-2011, 06:05 PM
what about... something completely different... maybe it is time for a completely new item system revamp... str does seem to have canes at lv45, no idea why though.
but their animation looks alot like that of a aoe str weapon! also, to continue the cycle, maybe a very low firing speed crossbow that shoots exploding projectiles, for aoe damage too (the pumpkin chunker looks very usable for that...). lastly, to update int, you have to think about what int and mages are about... area of effect damage/bombing. the very slow weapon is a good idea, but what is the point if it hits only a small group of enemies? gloves with low range (but not physical) and slow attack should be able to attack ANY mob within the radius of the gloves. hence, something small like 4-5 range would make you go right in the middle of the mobs for the most use of them.
since the canes start at lv45, if the devs plan on adding in a lv40-45 special dungeon, they could capitalize on these special weapon types.

Arterra
06-03-2011, 12:55 AM
hmmm... a low range low armor int set super bombing item is wanted. and the idea of it hitting all enemies in range is unholy, but unique.

Corpser
06-03-2011, 02:08 AM
Why do bears have canes when they are so weak compared to the other weapons available?

Mages should have a magic cape, maybe a wizard hat.

Edit...now that I think about it a cape would be really cool. Gives a major boost to skills, provides temporary invisibility, impenetrable armor, teleporting...the possibilities are endless.

capes make lag acoording to thade in a game people had to take capes off to play pvp cause the lag was huge.

Also we cant compalin about it to much cause we did have a staff for bashing when ao1 town came out and we all compalined also mages do have dual swords.

Also i do want more int and dex wepons.