PDA

View Full Version : App crashing constantly!

KingFu
05-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Not only join button, but some other buttons crash my app too:/ Like world map at times. Backing out of a menu. Going into menu. It crashes a lot! Kinda aggrovating:/ Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

Futumsh
05-19-2011, 06:47 PM
What kind of device, and did you try rebooting it first?

KingFu
05-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Droid X. I tried re installing it. Just rebooted. Both didn't seem to change anything. I went under menu, hit the back arrow, and it crashed. Thank you though.

Otukura
05-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Just had my N1 crash with the back arrow. UGH

KingFu
05-19-2011, 06:57 PM
World map, and even enter town crashed it as well.

Otukura
05-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Everything is crashing, except "PLAY" and skills for me :(

tonygmoney
05-19-2011, 07:09 PM
im crashing too... whats goin on!!!! i wanna play

Futumsh
05-19-2011, 08:10 PM
1.7.2.1 version is now on the Android Market and PL website, please grab it and see if it fixes things for you.

KingFu
05-19-2011, 08:36 PM
1.7.2.1 version is now on the Android Market and PL website, please grab it and see if it fixes things for you.

Tysm! Downloading now:)

GamerMistress
05-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Pocket Legends is crashing on me too... I get as far as the play button and/or loading section and then it crashes... Is the game having issues or is it my IPad?

Please fix this problem ASAP

Samhayne
05-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Pocket Legends is crashing on me too... I get as far as the play button and/or loading section and then it crashes... Is the game having issues or is it my IPad?

Please fix this problem ASAP

Did you update your app?

GamerMistress
05-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Did you update your app?

I reinstalled the game if that's what u mean... Still having the issue I posted here...

Futumsh
05-20-2011, 10:39 AM
This was specifically an android fix - you're the only report we've gotten of an ipad crash, so it's likely specific to your device. First thing to try would be rebooting your ipad.

GeTxKLuTcH
05-20-2011, 11:11 AM
I thought it was only me.. thank jeebus... I enter the main menu and click on my friends list to see who's on and it crashes and closes the app. Also does it sometimes on my friends list in game. The only thing that has consistantly worked for me is the world icon and I just join games from there.. And this is with new update.

Futumsh
05-20-2011, 11:13 AM
If you're still getting crashes, and are an Android user, make sure you have the 1.7.2.1 update (look at the bottom left corner of the first screen just after launching the app). If you still have 1.7.2, you need to get the update either from the Android Market or PL web site.

GamerMistress
05-20-2011, 01:53 PM
This was specifically an android fix - you're the only report we've gotten of an ipad crash, so it's likely specific to your device. First thing to try would be rebooting your ipad.

By rebooting, do you mean the on/off button on the top of my IPad?

Futumsh
05-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Yes, hold it down until it completely powers down, then hold it again to power it back on.

GamerMistress
05-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Edit: I found what my issue was... It is fixed... Thanks though

no1male
05-22-2011, 05:35 AM
Is there an additional issue with the Samsung galaxy s 2? I am getting constant crashes. never happened on my desire hd. isbit because the Samsung is a new phone and its dual core?

I have update reinstated and deleted cache but still crashing. any help would be great

Ephemeris
05-28-2011, 09:59 PM
I, too, am experiencing constant power-cycles on 1.7.2.1 (on two different Android devices).

no1male
05-29-2011, 02:59 AM
something needs sorting the amount it crashes is just ridiculous

Futumsh
05-29-2011, 01:03 PM
If someone getting the crashes can send in the logcat output from it, that'd be helpful, since we don't have any devices this is happening on here.

Ohkuni
05-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Hi,

I'll be happy to send logs, please provide instructions on how to generate them and where to send it, thanks.

Futumsh
05-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Assuming the android sdk and appropriate drivers for your device are installed, and your device is plugged in via usb, do something like 'adb logcat > logcat_output.txt', play til it crashes, find the crash near the end of the logs and either pm it to me or send it to the support email address.

no1male
05-30-2011, 02:08 AM
I'm away for a week but will give it a go when I get back

Ohkuni
05-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi Futumsh, my logs have been sent to you via PM.

It seems I don't have crashes when I turn my sounds off, untick high quality, and set the battery saver slider all the way to the right. The game runs choppy, but it doesn't crash.

Futumsh
05-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the logs - the crash was in libsoundpool.so, so it's likely just turning off sound would be enough to avoid the crash for now. I'll see what I can find when I get a chance, but it's likely this is a bug in the audio drivers for that particular device, since it's the only type reporting crashes for it.

no1male
05-31-2011, 01:16 PM
ohkuni what phone do you have?

thugimmortal
05-31-2011, 05:25 PM
after todays update the game constantly droping back to the home screen and the app exits its worse in forest heaven 5.

also recently my player gets stuck sometimes and i cant move even tap to move or auto attack doesnt work so i have to exit the map and its ok again
im not stunned or anything it happens mid attack

Futumsh
05-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Thug:

What type of device? Does the crash happen with sound off?
Where, and in which dungeon do you get stuck? Exactly what do you see while stuck?

Ohkuni
05-31-2011, 06:11 PM

Samsung Galaxy S2

thugimmortal
05-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Thug:

What type of device? Does the crash happen with sound off?
Where, and in which dungeon do you get stuck? Exactly what do you see while stuck?

im using a LG OPTIMUS GT540 android os 2.1

ive tried to play with the sound off but it still exits to the home screen
i have a log file with sound on and off that im going to send you

and the getting stuck thing happens at random times its happend in intergalactic combat, the bandit boys stronghold and forest heaven 5.
im in the middle of the room when it happens so im not in a wall.
when im stuck everything visually is fine just when i move the touch joystick the joystick moves but the player doesnt.
even tap to move and auto aim doesnt move him.
i then have to exit map then its ok again.

i didnt have these problems until 1.7.2
i had the odd drop to home before todays update but its a lot more frequent now.

how do i get the logs to you just email support with your name or can i send direct to you.

no1male
06-01-2011, 01:52 AM

Samsung Galaxy S2

Same phone as me. Tried switching my sound off yesterday and its still crashing

mrfluxus
06-01-2011, 04:53 AM
Same here, galaxy s 2 keeps crashing even with sound turned off. I don't have a pc at the moment will post the logs later today.

no1male
06-01-2011, 05:10 AM
I'm back home tomorrow anyone got a detailed explanation of how to take the logs and how to use adb?

thugimmortal
06-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Same here, galaxy s 2 keeps crashing even with sound turned off. I don't have a pc at the moment will post the logs later today.

if on android

theres an app on android market called "catlog - catlog reader"
it saves the system log as a text file

no1male
06-02-2011, 12:51 PM
I am back home now, but having issues sending the text file to Futumsh i cannot find any where in the pm box which will let me add an attachment.

Anyone got any ideas?

Ohkuni
06-02-2011, 06:25 PM
I am back home now, but having issues sending the text file to Futumsh i cannot find any where in the pm box which will let me add an attachment.

Anyone got any ideas?

I just uploaded them to Dropbox and sent him the link.

no1male
06-03-2011, 03:12 AM
Justbemailed support. Hopefully they can sort it out

mrfluxus
06-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Sorry, totally forgot that I promised to send one too. Eagerly waiting for a solution for this.

thugimmortal
06-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Justbemailed support. Hopefully they can sort it out

i emiled support and sent crash logs but havent heard anything back.
my game just keeps dropping to home screen and its really bugging me now
ever since 1.7.2 it was working perfect before.
theres no point trying to farm the new fh weapons :(

bronislav84
06-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Have you people been at this the whole time without checking the Market? Get the 1.7.2.1 client to fix our dear Androids crashing.

As for SGS2 crashing that seems to be a different issue altogether. From reading threads it seems to be cause it's the first dual core phone.

thugimmortal
06-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Have you people been at this the whole time without checking the Market? Get the 1.7.2.1 client to fix our dear Androids crashing.

As for SGS2 crashing that seems to be a different issue altogether. From reading threads it seems to be cause it's the first dual core phone.

lol yeah my version is 1.7.2.1 but didnt fix anything for me
i only put 1.7.2 because ive only had problems on this release

no1male
06-04-2011, 02:11 AM

I have tried everything they have asked me to do still with no success

Futumsh
06-04-2011, 06:13 PM
If anyone has logs for this crash, please pm me a link to them - I've only gotten one log so far that actually had a crash in it, which was sound related, and for some reason this one isn't showing up in Android Market crash reports.

thugimmortal
06-04-2011, 07:09 PM
If anyone has logs for this crash, please pm me a link to them - I've only gotten one log so far that actually had a crash in it, which was sound related, and for some reason this one isn't showing up in Android Market crash reports.

is there a way to get crash logs without hooking up to a pc
do u know of a app that can take accurate logs

no1male
06-05-2011, 03:27 AM
Did you get my link futumsh?

no1male
06-05-2011, 03:29 AM

is there a way to get crash logs without hooking up to a pc
do u know of a app that can take accurate logs

I used catlog which was mentioned above. Saves the .txt file in your phone

Futumsh
06-05-2011, 09:29 AM
no1male: I got the log you pm'd to me, but there weren't any PL crashes listed in it.

Shane O'Hanlon
06-08-2011, 04:43 PM
PM'd you a log. Having Galaxy S2 issues. I believe the crash is included:

06-08 22:30:27.315 I/WindowManager(2681): WIN DEATH: Window{409e19c0 sts.pl/sts.pl.PocketLegends paused=false}

Drzak
06-11-2011, 04:04 AM
"Is there an additional issue with the Samsung galaxy s 2? I am getting constant crashes. never happened on my desire hd. isbit because the Samsung is a new phone and its dual core?

I have update reinstated and deleted cache but still crashing. any help would be great "

I have a Galaxy S 2 and am having the same problems. It seems to use as much cpu as it can then crashes, i get lag spikes of around 40k and ofcourse die or i just get kicked, which is uaually in the middle of a cool group rampage or fighting a boss. I didn't mind too much at first but now it;s realliy ****** me off. I just wanna play the game. I feel like a junky whos had a taste of the good stuff and now has to go cold turkey. I reckon the GS2 needs a special update. Maybe it's a gingerbread prob??

If there are any other GS 2 users playing this game can you post any probs you have/have had and overcome and how you fixed

Futumsh
06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Re: sgs2 - I've gotten one crash log that was sound related, and the only other ones I've gotten, if they were actually from what people are reporting as the crash, were from the task manager killing it. It may be there's some problem where the task manager is killing PL even though it's in the foreground, but I haven't gotten a log of a crash that appears to be an actual crash, and nothing related is showing up in the android market crash reports.

romgar1
06-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I have had an issue on my unrooted droid 2 global that only appears when i play for long periods of time. (more than two hours) The processor heats up because of the battery and may cause an issue. Its not a problem with the droids memory or signal. If you use a rooted phone its possible there is an issue with the apps or os. Futumsh is the man when it comes to troubleshooting bugs with pl in phones. Im just giving some more info of what i have found. Once your phone cools off and may need a restart I am running fine for another couple hours.

Drzak
06-12-2011, 02:00 PM
GGggrrr and again.just keeps happening. I've only had the phone under two weeks and this doesn't happen with any other app. I have sent a log but i dont know if it will help.

Futumsh
06-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Drzak: pm it to me, or I'm not likely to see it.

Methia
06-13-2011, 02:05 AM

06-08 22:30:27.315 I/WindowManager(2681): WIN DEATH: Window{409e19c0 sts.pl/sts.pl.PocketLegends paused=false}

This is exactly what my phone also states after installing catlog. I just have no idea how to mail it or get it to you.
I'm also a SGS2 user with the launcher pro shell.

kaliyuga
06-13-2011, 02:44 AM
This is exactly what my phone also states after installing catlog. I just have no idea how to mail it or get it to you.
I'm also a SGS2 user with the launcher pro shell.
I uploaded my logs to dropbox, and pm'd F the links.
Worked like a charm :-)

Drzak
06-13-2011, 04:21 AM
Hi Futumsh, i tried sending a log, not sure if i have done it properly. I'll try a few more times today. I was wondering if it was the heat that the sgs2 creates after continued use but I tried PL first thing when I got up this morning and it crashed pretty much straight away - device was cold from being switched off for 7 hours over night.

japaro
06-13-2011, 02:17 PM

+1 in SGS2

no1male
06-14-2011, 01:45 PM
still having the issue, even tried a different rom and still same issue.

Log i sent i was told thee was no crash, but the game deffo crashed and had to be closed via task manager.

Not sure what to do, kinda makes the game unplayable. :(

Futumsh
06-14-2011, 08:16 PM
So it's actually freezing rather than crashing? That would explain why there aren't any crash logs if that's what's happening.

Otukura
06-14-2011, 10:40 PM
So it's actually freezing rather than crashing? That would explain why there aren't any crash logs if that's what's happening.

In response to freezing:

-Minor freezes in Gold Fever when the orb spawns on the chest
-Minor freezes in FH:5, when ANYTHING is pressed
-Minor freezes when taping my name, or any menu/inventory/etc. button.
On my nexus one

On my friend's Optimus T, all those freeze it indefinitely.

kaliyuga
06-14-2011, 11:30 PM
I can only tell u what I experience on SGS2, with audio disabled:
About 50% of the time it just freezes, and I have to end the game by pressing the phone's home button and killing it manually.
The other 50% it freezes for about 5 sec, then it closes by itself.
I hope you manage to locate the problem soon! (PL was one of the main reasons why I bought a new phone :))

WhoIsThis
06-15-2011, 01:37 AM
Re: sgs2 - I've gotten one crash log that was sound related, and the only other ones I've gotten, if they were actually from what people are reporting as the crash, were from the task manager killing it. It may be there's some problem where the task manager is killing PL even though it's in the foreground, but I haven't gotten a log of a crash that appears to be an actual crash, and nothing related is showing up in the android market crash reports.

That's certainly possible. Samsung has made considerable modifications to Android that deviate from the AOSP code. Perhaps some of those modifications are not entirely stable? There is a built in task manager on many of Samsung's Android offerings.

Interestingly enough, this doesn't seem to happen on any of the galaxy s i9000 series phones or its variants. It could be new to the latest version of Touchwiz.

@Futumish:

The other thing I have noticed is that several Tegra 2 phones have been experiencing instability. The Motorola Atrix and the LG Optimus 2x both have had users complaining about abrupt crashes. One thing that is common is that they are all dual core ARM Cortex A9 processors.

kaliyuga
06-15-2011, 12:04 PM
It seems I don't have crashes when I turn my sounds off, untick high quality, and set the battery saver slider all the way to the right. The game runs choppy, but it doesn't crash.
+1 (why didn't I try this earlier?)
Choppy. But it works so far. (SGS2)
Edit: I spoke too soon. Crashed today on my way from work. Didn't even last one run in "vicious visitors". But up 'til that point I've had no problems - except choppy gameplay.

Futumsh
06-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Whatever the common factor in these lockups is, it isn't the dual core cpu - doesn't happen on the Xoom at all.

thugimmortal
06-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Whatever the common factor in these lockups is, it isn't the dual core cpu - doesn't happen on the Xoom at all.

mine only seems to exit to home screen. It doesnt force close or pause and it only seems to do it in the new forest heaven stages.

my device is lg gt540 os 2.1
I dont know how to do a log that provides the info needed. Im not sure if it even registers as a crash as it doesnt force close.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

WhoIsThis
06-16-2011, 12:30 AM

Any other possibilities? The crashes are said to be abrupt and are difficult to reproduce, which is a pain to debug. On the plus side, we know that there isn't something with ARM cortex a9s on Android that for whatever reason causing it.

Drzak
06-17-2011, 04:43 AM
HI, I managed to get my hands on an ipad last night and PL ran flawlessly. No lag, ping spikes and god bless no crashing and played for hours. Shame I have to give the ipad back today. I think that's more of a pleasent story than of anything useful.

kaliyuga
06-17-2011, 11:09 AM
(SGS2)
This might yet again be me speaking too soon, but reading this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?28748-sound-effects-occur-despite-being-turned-off) thread started by Atila the nun (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?36793-Atila-the-nun) and reading Otukura's (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?36211-Otukura) answer, got me thinking.
I downloaded a music player app from android market.
Don't know if I'm allowed to write the name of it here (it might look like advertising), and maybe it doesn't matter.
Then I browsed to a .mp3-file, and made the "downloaded music app" my default player.
(since the confirmed crashes was sound-related)

Don't know if this should make any difference. But after doing that, I have played two runs through all Forest Haven levels without the game freezing! (before, if I was lucky, I could maybe complete one level or two)
One run without sound, and one run with sound.
Both runs with high quality, and all that. No battery saving settings (like I had before)

Have to eat now, but will test more later.
Give it a try and share your experiences.

Edit: Nope, froze & closed again. Once in Forest Haven (don't remember where), and about 4 times when fighting keeper...
Probably doesn't matter, but I'll write it anyway:
First time was with sound, with a bird (I'm a mage). We fought our way through to K'sarr, he had about half a bar left. I quickly restarted, rejoined & ran, got about one shot in on him before it happened again. (the awesome bird got him though :))
Third time was with sound disabled, the same bird, a bear & another mage. It happened about half way through the level (think we were fighting the first mini-boss - I forget it's name... Lorekeeper?). I rejoined again, then about 30 seconds into the fight with K'sarr it happened again. (when I rejoined they killed him)
No successful runs on Keeper.
Any way to disable the built in task manager, so it doesn't kill PL. If that's the problem?
I have tried stopping it, but it restarts.

Edit 2: since the first edit, I've cleared cache, reinstalled, disabled sounds & turned down the media volume on the phone. So far so good. 5 successful keeper runs, and some sand cave quests without freezing. (some runs with battery saving settings)

Edit 3: today (sunday) I've completed many keeper runs (ok'tals), and then all out of the blue it started crashing again. I'm unable to see a pattern...

kaliyuga
06-18-2011, 03:18 AM
Futumsh: Is there anything I/we can do to help you locate the problem?
Thousands of logs? Start raising money to buy and send you a SGS2? Play the game hanging upside down? :)

Methia
06-23-2011, 02:49 AM
anything usefull i can do about the freezing issue on sgs2 besides moan that it constantly freezes and the boots me or that it freezes and i have to manaully kill it?
fun game, not so fun side effect and too expensive to get a new phone :s

ChrisFI
06-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Yeah that happened to me to. Then i deleted the app and reinstalled it and now it works fine.

So you should try doing what i did and reinstall the app.

Also what seems to give less lagg is unchecking
high quality

checking
disbale camera effects

and check
lock device orientation (have the home button positioned where your right hand is)

(go to the menu and to settings and you should find all that i described)

and if you want
take the music off

sometimes if you have music in the background (like from your ipod) that also MAY effect lagg.

FYI doing this will also save more of your battery.