PDA

View Full Version : How to maximize elixir longevity.

Zeus
05-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Elixirs I realized, you can't choose when they start, so they burn while your waiting. Which is a waste of platinum for me :(. So, how to maximize that time? Well, the timer stops when you are dead. So, while hosting a game, stay in the game dead. Until a full party appears. Then respawn with your maximized elixir time :).

Arterra
05-19-2011, 08:43 PM
or, find a super awesome xp grinding team and rock out.

Zeus
05-19-2011, 08:46 PM
or, find a super awesome xp grinding team and rock out.

I like to rely on others, but I find relying on myself only makes it that only I can let myself down. xD.

Sky../
05-19-2011, 09:11 PM
So timer is stopped when dead? Nice to know.

But wait, don't you get exp even if you're dead?

Zeus
05-19-2011, 09:13 PM

Also, one more thing to know. There is a glitch that the elixirs are still burning in the join/host/search game function. I just burned an elixir like that, while I was AFK.

Gluttony
05-19-2011, 09:13 PM

I imagine this will get fixed since the elixirs are meant to be real time. Also, you most certainly can get xp while dead so now someone has to test is you still get the bonus while dead with an infinite xp elixir buff!

Zeus
05-19-2011, 09:17 PM
I imagine this will get fixed since the elixirs are meant to be real time. Also, you most certainly can get xp while dead so now someone has to test is you still get the bonus while dead with an infinite xp elixir buff!

The elixirs buff no longer appears. The entire thing disappears. It can't really be abused. Should have been more descriptive. Sorry :(.

Sky../
05-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Ah. So it's more like "elixirs are only actie and consumed while you are not dead. "

Gluttony
05-19-2011, 09:21 PM
The elixirs buff no longer appears. The entire thing disappears. It can't really be abused. Should have been more descriptive. Sorry :(.

No biggie, again good to know. You better get your fill of your slight exploit because I'm sure the devs will fix this. It was stated when the pending 1.7.2 release was going to feature elixirs for gold that they were ment to be in real time, so that means that even while dead the timer shouldn't stop. I mean the timer continues to run while not in a dungeon, or logged out, so it would only seem logical that being dead shouldn't be any different.

Zeus
05-19-2011, 09:51 PM
No biggie, again good to know. You better get your fill of your slight exploit because I'm sure the devs will fix this. It was stated when the pending 1.7.2 release was going to feature elixirs for gold that they were ment to be in real time, so that means that even while dead the timer shouldn't stop. I mean the timer continues to run while not in a dungeon, or logged out, so it would only seem logical that being dead shouldn't be any different.

Nah, Samhayne sort of implied it was supposed to be like that.

asommers
05-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Elixirs are in real-world time. Just because you're dead, doesn't mean the clock isn't ticking.

-ALS

Gluttony
05-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Nah, Samhayne sort of implied it was supposed to be like that.

I think he commended you on your creativeness, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he cosigned it:

Thanks for the feedback, Apollo. Very creative lying dead waiting :)

I think this one even agrees with me:

Elixir durations are real time, doesn't matter if you're in a game, at a menu, or offline.

Samhayne
05-19-2011, 10:20 PM
I haven't tested the lying dead thing. If ALS says the clock is always ticking, well there you go.

Zeus
05-19-2011, 10:22 PM
I haven't tested the lying dead thing. If ALS says the clock is always ticking, well there you go.

O.o, I assumed that they stopped since the buff icon went off.

Ebalere
05-20-2011, 05:40 AM
Well, the buff icon is off in town as well, pbut surely counts down

cjackyo
05-20-2011, 06:25 PM
With my bear and a 20p pot ima beast lol.....and I get well over 3k in xp :)