PDA

View Full Version : Archmage is better than all !!!

Leontachi
05-30-2010, 07:16 AM
I choose a mage but use bow great ?
mage can heal and bow is greater !!!

Leontachi: Archmage
Need xbow bow dagger wing of all kind

KingFu
05-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Mages are horrible in PVP, die sooo easily. Low health, I am a str mage and still struggle with stay alive!

Royce
05-30-2010, 08:04 AM
Yeah I think bowchantress and bowbear are currently both better than regular archer.

KingFu
05-30-2010, 11:02 AM
No, bow enchantresses aren't as good...

Pleasure_Pirate
05-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Bow enchantresses don't have the mana regen needed to cast as many spells. Eventually all you are left with is your bow and no mana which means no buffs. Bow bears face the same problem. Birds have meditiation for a reason.

Royce
05-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Eh you can get decent regen with mamboza leather etc. Just my opinion about the bowchantress, but I completely disagree about mana regen being a problem. Meditation is pretty weak/lousy anyway, and in PvP fights are short again so it's all about quick bursts of offense and then the ability to heal. I think bowbears are clearly superior at this point, and that it is a big problem, but again just my opinion.

Thelonearcher
05-31-2010, 12:55 AM
I have made a new build bear/enchantress I took out 2 warriors at
once
I had pink Mage helm
voodo doll dreamers mojo wand and zombie robe I hit pretty high and took em booth on at once
and was rarely hIt and if I was it was regained :) I recomend
it but my archer/war build I can't tell it
does 3 hit kill on wars with just skills :)

maneut
05-31-2010, 08:05 AM
I have made a new build bear/enchantress I took out 2 warriors at
once
I had pink Mage helm
voodo doll dreamers mojo wand and zombie robe I hit pretty high and took em booth on at once
and was rarely hIt and if I was it was regained :) I recomend
it but my archer/war build I can't tell it
does 3 hit kill on wars with just skills :)

You mean a Ursan Bear with Enchanter's Gear ? So you pump points into INT? :) Can have a screen shot of your bear/enchantress to study :)? Btw, cool idea.

flaimdude
05-31-2010, 04:36 PM
I prefer a pure mage with points put in both dex for hit% and str for H/s regen. :) My Lvl 25 Mage looks like this: Str 16, Dex 40, Int 80.

v5point0
06-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Enchantress
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1308/4663614083_e8c26feefb.jpg

Bowchantress
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4019/4663614619_e4d721c62b.jpg

Bowchantress w/ Magic Shield + Blessing of Vitality + Blessing of Might
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1271/4663614879_218101995b.jpg

Archer
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/4664239048_d2f4bed604.jpg

Bowbear
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4663614301_94c7317fce.jpg

JUST MY TWO CENTS:
Enchantress is not the best class in PVP, yes buffed up the stats seem pretty impressive but this poor elf is destroyed quickly by the other classes regardless of the builds. Quite simply classes rely on skills to unleash maximum damage and in the case of the enchantress INT only equals mana pool and regen. Unlike STR & DEX which powers the damage done. Perhaps when INT powers spells then maybe things would get a bit more balanced.

Raising a STR or DEX build Enchantress does make it better then a default INT one but it still loses to the other classes because they have skills necessary to overpower the Enchantress easily. For example no amount of buffering up an Enchantress can save it from an Armor Breaking Archer or in the face of a Warrior with Rage and Iron Blood activated.

Another thing about the Enchantress is the need for it to come moderately close to the enemy, say 8m for its spells to be effective, this is suicide for an Enchantress as the Warrior could easily activate Beckon and come in for the kill; do we even need to start with the Archer?

So the end note is, Enchantress is a backup player, there for support, but not the actual lead. In PVE, it maybe affective against mobs especially lower powered ones and the perfect healer to a Warrior. Archers don't need either class as they will gain skills to regenerate both health and magic eliminating the need for a healer and since they strike from a distance and usually kill the enemy before they even come close; they won't be sustaining heavy damage that often.

Royce
06-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Enchantress is not the best class in PVP, yes buffed up the stats seem pretty impressive but this poor elf is destroyed quickly by the other classes regardless of the builds. Quite simply classes rely on skills to unleash maximum damage and in the case of the enchantress INT only equals mana pool and regen. Unlike STR & DEX which powers the damage done. Perhaps when INT powers spells then maybe things would get a bit more balanced.

This is a great point. However I think there are three main reasons why enchantresses can still hang with the other classes in PvP: Magic Sheild, Heal, and mad, crazy mana regen. Magic sheild allow you to essentially triple your "health" pool. It also allow you to apply your mana regen (17 M/s in my case) to your "health", oh and it buffs armor. Heal is far more powerful than either other class's self-healing skill, cools down in an instant, and costs very little to use.

In addition to that, new self-buffs added to the blessings make enchantresses viable in PvP. Sure you have to be very, very careful, but things aren't as bad as some seem to think.

pvpmaster
07-09-2010, 10:51 PM
dude bowtress suuuuuuucks i pwn em soooooooo easy in pvp

v5point0
07-10-2010, 05:09 AM
dude bowtress suuuuuuucks i pwn em soooooooo easy in pvp

Have you fought AngelBB? She uses a Talon and Shield though.

Away
07-10-2010, 06:46 AM
This is a great point. However I think there are three main reasons why enchantresses can still hang with the other classes in PvP: Magic Sheild, Heal, and mad, crazy mana regen. Magic sheild allow you to essentially triple your "health" pool. It also allow you to apply your mana regen (17 M/s in my case) to your "health", oh and it buffs armor. Heal is far more powerful than either other class's self-healing skill, cools down in an instant, and costs very little to use.

In addition to that, new self-buffs added to the blessings make enchantresses viable in PvP. Sure you have to be very, very careful, but things aren't as bad as some seem to think.

Don't warriors have gear that could give the person 25 m/s?