PDA

View Full Version : Class Vanity - Be whatever you want to be

epicrrr
10-17-2015, 08:23 AM
Recently STS has demonstrated that everything can be hidden behind a vanity. So here's a grand scheme; what if STS creates a char class vanity option which we can buy for like 250 plat.

Say im a rogue but if i get a sorcs char class vanity i can look like a sorcs/blue smurf and use its vanities (only vanities not equips/items; no stats change) but still retain rog skills so ill be a rogue on a sorcs body.

So anyone can choose the skils and gameplay they like but look like any char.

An example to achieve this is via load-out, once a player buy a certain class vanity an extra load out slot/rack will be available and here a player can equip items associated with the class vanity.

Only vanities will be changed.

thoughts?

xRyuzanki
10-17-2015, 08:45 AM
Hmm . for me , it is a big NO.
I think it will only ruin the gameplay of each class

epicrrr
10-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Hmm . for me , it is a big NO.
I think it will only ruin the gameplay of each class

only your looks will change. stats, skills and items will remain untouched.

Transfordark
10-17-2015, 08:55 AM
A Bigggg YAaaaaaaaaasss to This.
Whats harm in it? Its just a vanity.
Also another way for Sts to make money so heck, why not?

Yaaaaass, finally now imma war but with this i could change myself to look like a rogue and nobody will refuse me in maps.
Also Rogues look Sexy.

Ebezaanec
10-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Player A: Invite DPS
Player B: Got one

Invites Player C to party.

Player C: Hiii guys, I'm totally a rogue
Player A: Lol, your dex is too low. Kick him
Player C: Nuuuuu

Arrowz
10-17-2015, 09:29 AM
only your looks will change. stats, skills and items will remain untouched.

Idk about a mage holding arcane maul or bonesaw :/

Alhuntrazeck
10-17-2015, 11:03 AM

What the caramel fudge are you doing with 9000 HP??? Why low damage? Why no dodge? Why bad crit???

*lightbulb moment*

Hes an impostor! Noob!

epicrrr
10-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Idk about a mage holding arcane maul or bonesaw :/

What the caramel fudge are you doing with 9000 HP??? Why low damage? Why no dodge? Why bad crit???

*lightbulb moment*

Hes an impostor! Noob!

Classic "classism" lol.

If you look at that context then we'll give warrior a brief moment to be in a party :banana:

No items will be shown just vanity.

kydrian
10-17-2015, 09:17 PM
Eh seems like a waste of time to be honest, for sts to waste there resources on this
No harsh feelings to op just the idea I don't like imo

Y

Hail
10-18-2015, 12:39 AM

Apart from the typical action of checking a players "face icon" in friend list/ guild list. This probably would happen.

However, I would love to see a smurf skyward smashing, or pulling warriors towards it with axe throw - chain pull. Let alone the chest punch thing when it uses vb!

Also would these come in helm/body parts???? Tank body/smurf head anyone? xD

Schnitzel
10-18-2015, 12:44 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Arlor's Sorcerer and Warrior population has disappeared! Meanwhile, the Arlor Rogue population seems to have mysteriously tripled!

FocusRogue
10-18-2015, 01:42 AM
This post has got to be a troll. Absolutely terrible idea

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

epicrrr
10-18-2015, 03:12 AM
Eh seems like a waste of time to be honest, for sts to waste there resources on this
No harsh feelings to op just the idea I don't like imo

Y

All vanities already ingame (full set) just need to transform a rog to a spartan warrior and aim shot all with an axe.

This post has got to be a troll. Absolutely terrible idea

Fireball with a bow. *puts on serious face*

epicrrr
10-18-2015, 03:14 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Arlor's Sorcerer and Warrior population has disappeared! Meanwhile, the Arlor Rogue population seems to have mysteriously tripled!

I bet many wants to try out being a sorcs sometimes. Aimshot with my vampire crossbow.

FocusRogue
10-18-2015, 03:15 AM
All vanities already ingame (full set) just need to transform a rog to a spartan warrior and aim shot all with an axe.

Fireball with a bow. *puts on serious face*
Oh it is a troll thank god

epicrrr
10-18-2015, 03:22 AM
Oh it is a troll thank god

Its not man. AL is a mature game 3yrs i think to keep the game healthy update every now and then is needed to ensure we dont get shelves off. I know STS has a roadmap somewhere; this iust an idea.

FocusRogue
10-18-2015, 03:26 AM
Its not man. AL is a mature game 3yrs i think to keep the game healthy update every now and then is needed to ensure we dont get shelves off. I know STS has a roadmap somewhere; this iust an idea.
Hard to tell if you're trolling or not. But I'll take the risk of looking stupid and tell you the "class vanity" is a terrible idea anyways... This would be terrible for PvP in the aspect that you could just switch between looks and your opponent has no clue until the fight starts and he recognizes your skills... And its just flat out lame in my opinion..

Chronexia
10-18-2015, 05:23 AM
nope. It's confusing

Cursebaby
10-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Lovely idea epicr and then we will see 0 tanks in town and a full mage/rogue army lawl

epicrrr
10-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Lovely idea epicr and then we will see 0 tanks in town and a full mage/rogue army lawl

I doubt, as i for one want to try being a warrior ive been rog for 2 years :).
Ofc id try sorcs too.

Rome
10-19-2015, 03:20 AM
Recently STS has demonstrated that everything can be hidden behind a vanity. So here's a grand scheme; what if STS creates a char class vanity option which we can buy for like 250 plat.

Say im a rogue but if i get a sorcs char class vanity i can look like a sorcs/blue smurf and use its vanities (only vanities not equips/items; no stats change) but still retain rog skills so ill be a rogue on a sorcs body.

An example to achieve this is via load-out, once a player buy a certain class vanity an extra load out slot/rack will be available and here a player can equip items associated with the class vanity.

thoughts?

what i would like to see is a male rouge and a female warrior. (female or male mage) whatever it may be...
oh and not to forget. make the sex change available for each class for story tokens. cuz i made a rouge and i don't want to start over again. not even wanna think about it after 95% completing my pet stable.

Newcomx
10-19-2015, 04:13 AM

thoughts?

I would like to buy one rogue vanity for my warr if this is available.

Zylx
10-19-2015, 10:15 AM
How would you be able to tell what class a person is?

epicrrr
10-19-2015, 10:32 AM
How would you be able to tell what class a person is?

Best probably is an icon signifying class at right or left side of our name.

in town and party list.

Excuses
10-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Rather wanna have same vanity of all 3 classes like it used to be.

Xdumbx
10-20-2015, 10:48 AM
Not to be rude, but no. Just no.

UnnamedGuy
10-21-2015, 07:43 AM
You gave STG a new idea to make people use plats!
:banana:

Cursebaby
10-21-2015, 11:22 AM
Ofc id try sorcs too.
Dont try tanks are boring in pvp haha always rogue and mage ks -.-"

Morholt
10-21-2015, 11:42 AM
People have long begged for a vanity that turns rogues into a male assassin in appearance, to avoid the annoyance of people thinking male players are females because of the toon itself.

The response of STS? No. Reason? It would be a major pain to do all the coding and modeling of a new 'figure' holding/wearing all the items. All of that work and it would do nothing to actually enhance the gameplay--they'd rather focus that massive amount of effort elsewhere, such as fixing bugs instead of potentially creating more.

So, if they won't do it for just one class...they sure aren't going to do this for 3 classes.

FocusRogue
10-21-2015, 02:48 PM
Ofc id try sorcs too.
Lol orly?

epicrrr
10-22-2015, 12:30 AM
People have long begged for a vanity that turns rogues into a male assassin in appearance, to avoid the annoyance of people thinking male players are females because of the toon itself.

The response of STS? No. Reason? It would be a major pain to do all the coding and modeling of a new 'figure' holding/wearing all the items. All of that work and it would do nothing to actually enhance the gameplay--they'd rather focus that massive amount of effort elsewhere, such as fixing bugs instead of potentially creating more.

So, if they won't do it for just one class...they sure aren't going to do this for 3 classes.

A gender, sts would have to remodel everything to be of the opposite sex item, whilst this idea is covering a char with the vanity of other class (ex; a rog wearing sorcs wep helm armor back vanities)

Metoxx
10-22-2015, 01:49 AM
Just imagine a rogue lady holding an arcane maul... loool those poor legs

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Morholt
10-22-2015, 06:27 PM
A gender, sts would have to remodel everything to be of the opposite sex item, whilst this idea is covering a char with the vanity of other class (ex; a rog wearing sorcs wep helm armor back vanities)
And that is the problem. A male rogue holding a bow is like having a sorc holding a bow.

Or do you want a warrior sized sorc?