PDA

View Full Version : Mythic weapons and itemization

Serancha
10-17-2015, 09:44 AM
So, this season, like the previous two, we have been presented with sub-standard gear and this season no elite legendary weapons. This is due to player stats getting too high too fast and a large gear gap between wealth groups in the game. We were told that this season is a correction period to account for the mistake they made 3 times previously by releasing gear that is "too powerful". Ok, we can deal with that.

Then the mythic weapons are released. I understand the warrior weapon has problems, but the bows give 50 damage+ clean over a perfect grand fire legendary bow and the mage weapon a whopping 77 damage clean over a maxed elondrian gun (which is the next best weapon).

If the problem is the players getting too strong, and no elite legendaries are being released, then the mythic weapons should have been like 10 damage more than the next-best ones + proc. Doing it the mega-damage way is just replicating the same problem for the fourth time.

Personally I would have much preferred the orcslaying and glinstone gear to have improved stats and the mythic weapons a more modest increase. I think many others would have also. Just sayin'