PDA

View Full Version : Warrior - Mythic weapon armor

Jexetta
10-17-2015, 07:23 PM
STS,

Please explain why the new mythic weapons for rogue and mage gains so much damage, while tanks get a mythic shield that gains either negative armor compared to the old or almost no armor at all? The old bulwark gave 359 armor, the new gives either 327 (lol) or 374. Do you really think once the new mythic weapons disperse further and tanks continue to get flattened that any tanks will even care to play? No one is that masochistic, even me.

Sincerely,
-Jexy

Jexetta
10-17-2015, 07:33 PM
As a follow up...

I'm going to assume the new mythic weapons were increased in damage in order to work around the level 41 para gemmed mythic weapons. This would have been fine given an increase in armor for warriors - let's be honest, you need to throw warrior's a bone here. It's getting ridiculous.

#SAVETHETANKS

KnowledgeFTW
10-17-2015, 07:44 PM
I hope the price decreases significantly. Old bulwarks stats are better than the lvl 46 ones. This weapon needs more armor and health.

Midievalmodel
10-17-2015, 08:21 PM
Coming from someone who loves playing warrior. It has gotten pretty depressing playing a warrior nowadays. I barely log onto my warrior. I miss him alot.

Zeus
10-17-2015, 08:36 PM
Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback related to this. I'm going to jump in related to the Warrior Mythic weapon in case there is a misunderstanding on how it works.

Each enemy hit applies a stack of an armor buff. Each stack adds 25 Armor, up to 250 at 10 stacks. Each enemy hit means a single strike may hit up to 3, and grant up to 3 stacks all at once. When you reach 10 you tip over and the armor explodes dealing AoE damage to all around and taunting them all to the tank, and the cycle begins again.

The cycle of this proc rate can be very quick, and the AoE damage output does add up, as does the implicit taunting of surrounding mobs.

Is this in line with what you are experiencing playing with this weapon? From a design perspective this is certainly a tanking weapon, and not intended to be used for massive damage. If there are suggestions on changes you'd like to see after playing with it and this knowledge, we're always open to constructive feedback.

Thanks guys!

According to Carapace's quote, each enemy hit should be granting 25 armor. Thus, that means when the tank gets hit the tank should gain 25 armor per hit (up to 10x) before the shield explodes. However, after further testing in game...apparently it seems that the tank has to hit the opponent to gain the 25 armor stacks.

Really, with mages and rogues being what they are...what tank will even get the chance to do more than 20-30 hits per duel? This, is just not right. It should be the other way around. That way, if rogues or sorcerers are using DoTs, we are actually boosting the tank's armor very very high.

Secondly, please increase the damage of the bomb for tank (when the shield explode). The damage is negligible and the warrior does not explode often enough to compensate for the lower damage. Currently, the explosion does about 400 damage. Ralistically, it should do about double that (800 damage).

Lastly, the armor needs to be increased from 25 armor per stack to at least 30 armor per stack as well as increasing the base stat armor granted in the stats to be at least slightly better than the old bulwark.

Do any warriors disagree?

Midievalmodel
10-17-2015, 08:46 PM
According to Carapace's quote, each enemy hit should be granting 25 armor. Thus, that means when the tank gets hit the tank should gain 25 armor per hit (up to 10x) before the shield explodes. However, after further testing in game...apparently it seems that the tank has to hit the opponent to gain the 25 armor stacks.

Really, with mages and rogues being what they are...what tank will even get the chance to do more than 20-30 hits per duel? This, is just not right. It should be the other way around. That way, if rogues or sorcerers are using DoTs, we are actually boosting the tank's armor very very high.

Secondly, please increase the damage of the bomb for tank (when the shield explode). The damage is negligible and the warrior does not explode often enough to compensate for the lower damage. Currently, the explosion does about 400 damage. Ralistically, it should do about double that (800 damage).

Lastly, the armor needs to be increased from 25 armor per stack to at least 30 armor per stack as well as increasing the base stat armor granted in the stats to be at least slightly better than the old bulwark.

I think these are great ideas to improve the new warrior mythic weapon. However, one issue I have is us warriors now being so dependent on a proc for utility of the weapon. Why are our base stats on the weapon so bad? Not asking for astronomical increase in base stats. Just increase it by a little like 50 plus armor and 75 to 100 plus HP compared to bulwark. STG has always in the past buffed these base stats accordingly with new higher level weapons. Why they decided to stop this I don't know.

Zeus
10-17-2015, 08:47 PM
I think these are great ideas to improve the new warrior mythic weapon. However, one issue I have is us warriors now being so dependent on a proc for utility of the weapon. Why are our base stats on the weapon so bad? Not asking for astronomical increase in base stats. Just increase it by a little like 50 plus armor and 75 to 100 plus HP compared to bulwark. STG has always in the past buffed these base stats accordingly with new higher level weapons. Why they decided to stop this I don't know.
Yep, I agree. I think I mentioned that the new Aegis should be better than the new bulwark even in base stats. The hand that tanks have been currently being dealt since Cap L31 to Cap L46 is now is not cool at all. If you scroll back a year, to L31 mythic weapons...the issue was the same. Rogues got bow, Mages got gun...tanks got stuck with a mediocre pavise.

2 years later, this issue really should be fixed. And, if STG insists on giving tanks a shield weapon...then at least make it worth the tank's while.

Franocazzzo
10-17-2015, 09:06 PM
This is literally a joke sts. You give rogues and mages such an op weapon. But when it comes to making tank gear etc, it makes me laugh.

Let's look at rogue bow bombs. I've done tests and a bombs with crit do 4K dmg to me. (I have 3k armor 8.7k health) .

Ok next stats of glintstone aegis shield. Vigor and might have less armor then 41 bulwark. LIKE LOL Waa that a joke? To make tanks look "op" that you give less armor to a new weapon?

Tanks literally have no chance against rogues or mages alike, even with Max gear against an average geared rogue or Mage. Sts do something right with tanks for once. And fix. Thank you

Kingslaughter
10-18-2015, 04:43 AM
#savethetank

greekAL
10-18-2015, 07:24 AM
really tanks weapons need a buff is a joke that lvl 41 and lvl 46 mythics dont hv a diff at all! is almost the same and if u use a perfect rein blood lvl 41 bulwark u hv better armor! need more health/armor and for sure and a fix at the proc!

Midievalmodel
10-24-2015, 02:15 AM
Please consider buffing the HP and armor base stats on the warrior weapons. Currently us warriors have the worse mythic weapon which combined with the fact that warriors are the worse class in PVE makes us even more unwanted in runs. It also is affecting our abilities in PVP since there was no significant increase in armor or hp on our weapon to balance out the significant increase in damage of the new mythic weapons for rogues and mages.

Amvulpix
10-24-2015, 07:11 AM
As a follow up...

I'm going to assume the new mythic weapons were increased in damage in order to work around the level 41 para gemmed mythic weapons. This would have been fine given an increase in armor for warriors - let's be honest, you need to throw warrior's a bone here. It's getting ridiculous.

#SAVETHETANKS

This is so true and not only that , Warriors need like 4k armor to be honest all classes need an extra 1k armor , I'm not sure what stay doing, with the para and eye involved , it' all don't make sense , these new warrior weapons are suppose to work but hey they won't work simply because of a gem, sts Hasn't realized that they need to increase stats according to end game damage , they need to match the survival with the para gems, Warriors jug suppose to work but it's broken even after a dam sec sometimes , it's suppose to last 15 sec but it can I absorb 9999999 damage coming straight towards it , crit crit after crit , so this warrior class is basically not even worth playing if all the game depends on is these gems that hardly any player can survive from. It's ridiculous. A bonesaw is alleast needed to counter damage half of what we receive.

Amvulpix
10-24-2015, 07:13 AM

According to carapaces quote, he is correct but he is also wrong, he doesn't notice what's happening here, we all believe the weapon should do as well as it sounds but it doesn't. And I disagree Zeus, there is no way any warrior can even survive in pvp with that item no matter how good they are we've all seen what happens how quickly they die before the clashes even begin + we can't even set Recs with it.

debitmandiri
10-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Did u tested the new weapon in elites guys ?
What i believe is warrior class ask for buff in pve. This weapon is a nice move, aggroing, buffing and damaging at the same time, no "lucky proc" needed coz it works all the time. And btw the shield stacked if we hit and being hit

Midievalmodel
10-24-2015, 11:06 AM
Did u tested the new weapon in elites guys ?
What i believe is warrior class ask for buff in pve. This weapon is a nice move, aggroing, buffing and damaging at the same time, no "lucky proc" needed coz it works all the time. And btw the shield stacked if we hit and being hit

The issue is this. Yes I agree with elite mobs the weapon proc is good and it procs pretty often. However, with single targets like bosses in PVE and in PVP the proc is just not useful. It just doesn't proc enough and the fight is usually over by the time it procs in PVP. With how much damage the new mythic rogue and mages weapons have us warriors cannot compete with our base armor this low on a weapon. Their damage has increased way faster than our armor or hp can handle. All I ask is that they somehow make the proc a little more useful in PVP and single boss fights or increase the base armor and hp on the warrior weapon.

Using bonesaw is not even a good option for pvp nowadays because of the lack of armor and hp bonesaw has. We warrior die before we can do much to the opponent.

I have a feeling the developers decided to lower the base stats of the new warrior mythic weapon because they anticipated the warrior weapon proc to be very useful in terms of armor stacking. But because the proc has such narrowed usefulness with just mob fighting it has crippled our ability to be effective with single boss fights and pvp because our base stats (armor and hp) on the weapon was not increased accordingly to the old bulwark. So during situations where the proc is not useful (pvp and single boss fights) we have a really subpar weapon compared to rogues and mages.

So the problem still remains. We can't help out much with boss fights. We are now only more useful with mob fights in elite. All rogue parties still dont need us because the mob densities are low on new elite maps. So warriors are still left out in the cold when it comes to pve. Unfortunately now we are significantly underpowered in pvp now too. So this weapon did not solve any of the warriors issues but made it worse.

Sfubi
10-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Maybe all the devs should play warriors instead of rogues.

I challenge all devs to roll a warrior. Run Rengol and Planar maps in the following parties
-Solo
-Warrior, Mage, Rogue, Rogue
-Warrior, Mage, Mage, Rogue
-Warrior, Warrior, Mage, Rogue
-Warrior, Warrior, Warrior, Mage
-Warrior, Warrior, Warrior, Rogue
Now do this for a couple of weeks.

Then see if you can come back with a straight face and tell the Warriors they dont need a lil appreciation and boost in game.

extrapayah
10-24-2015, 12:46 PM
actually i feel very useful when fighting planar tomb3 boss as a warrior, especially last season

and if sts ever release another boss that move can't be easily kited like t3 boss and hits hard like him, warrior will be a lot more useful than a mage which has most (or sometime, all) of their disabling skills don't work against boss

anyway, with this weapon, warrior gets what they were asking before, a pve only buff, sadly it heavily depends on gears....

Ardbeg
10-24-2015, 01:02 PM
exactly, a single weapon should not define the role of a whole class in this game even if i am really happy with this, especially when combined with the new mythic set. in my opinion all new myth stats are deliberately low so there s no room for para stacking without penalty. this holds true for all classes. there s a lot to be sorted out in pvp now, but new myth mixed pve parties are great fun at least at the moment because of the refreshed skills.

kixkaxx
10-24-2015, 02:30 PM
Honestly I think Warrior mythic weapon should give 3000 armor instead of 300.

Jazzi
10-24-2015, 02:45 PM

I agree with everything except the damage of the bomb. If you had tested this in PvE you would know how potent the explosion actually is. If the bomb damage should be increased the tanks would replace mages (even the maxed ones) and the average rogues completely for all maps except arena. Rogues will still be needed du to the boss fight, but mages will not be needed at all.

Ardbeg
10-24-2015, 03:03 PM
According to Carapace's quote, each enemy hit should be granting 25 armor. Thus, that means when the tank gets hit the tank should gain 25 armor per hit (up to 10x) before the shield explodes. However, after further testing in game...apparently it seems that the tank has to hit the opponent to gain the 25

this is a big point. especially with a weapon with very limited range where you get a lot more hits than you deliver. is this confirmed?

Ravager
10-24-2015, 11:55 PM
Tank has to strike an opponent/object for a single armor buff of 25. Each armor buff lasts 15 seconds. The auto attack hits a maximum of 3 opponents/objects. So you pretty much have 15 seconds to have 10 armor stacks before stack one goes away. In pvp, this can be hard to do since everyone is constantly running, spread out, weapon has small attack range and rogues are constantly dodging. Most likely the stacks start decrementing by this time. In addition to the suggestions above, increase the range of the tapped auto attack.

Arkiouj
10-25-2015, 10:55 PM
Imo, its baffling that STS went down the 46 Bulwark route. Keep 2 of the Glintstone shields, remove the other 2 and add 2 'Glintstone Glaive of Tactics/Will' - a 46 version of the bonesaw, 1 cheaper than the other, we really don't need 4 shields, one of them even has less armor than the Elondrian bulwark ffs! If the goal was for everyone to be able to afford them, they pretty much can, no need for 4 of the damn things.

PVE wise Tanks just aren't needed anymore, let us play a Warrior damage based class and move away from tanking, or at least give us another option. Maybe something like sacrificing armor and health for damage and dps so we aren't op. I feel like mages have moved away from the once 'just a support class' and rogues are rogues, yet warriors have stagnated and are still using skills and a system which just has no place in the game anymore. All the mmo's where tanks are successful, there exists no pot spam or ankhs. If the 'tank' dies, the group dies. No instant respawns, maybe 1 health potion per fight, not this spamming of pots we see in AL. Nekro killed our shield, a nicely timed Horn shield was a welcome asset once upon a time, now, and rightly so, rogues would rather ditch the tanks for a few nekro's, they get the shield, pot spam takes care of the hp and the run is a hell of a lot faster.

Surely STS you can see the amount of threads on this? Surely you can't actually think the game is balanced? It's all very well ignoring us and people can joke about 'Rogue Legends' but is that really what people want? It sure is heading that way.

debitmandiri
10-25-2015, 11:18 PM
3 maxed rogues party still the fastest yes, i cant deny that.
But now, Aegis tank > Average geared rogue/mage, so there is a space to tank to be invited inside..
Not all dps class no matter what.
Tank still cant kill boss yes, thats true, but wasnt it tank, who do the job keeping the entire party alive ? (Planar tombs lv3 as example). For pvp i cant make any comment because what i belive is warrior class asking for pve buff so badly .sts have given warrior class such a "wow" weapon but still alot of complain :). On duel i already made my post long time ago, at duel all benefit will goes to rogue...so yeah in equally geared, tanks have a very low chance wining vs rogues :)

Jazzi
10-26-2015, 03:28 AM
It is like 50% of the people commenting in this thread have neither tried out the weapon themselves, nor have they actually ran any map with someone who has it (and wasn't afk during 90% of the run). The problem is that when someone asks for a change based on information which just hearsay and not based on facts, there is no grounds to actually expect a change.

This being said I do agree that making a class useful solely via an item is not really a solution to the problems. This weapon's proc should have been made a warrior's skill lol. Because now we have the situation where all warriors who have the new weapon are useful/ efficient in PvE, whereas all the others are just not. It is not really about affordability, as the weapon (its lower damage version) is already 700k, which one can farm in a week of doing km3 1 hour a day. It is about not having choices and being pigeon-holed into using a single item in order to be useful, whilst there are many choices, which sadly are no real choices at all.

P.S. I cannot comment how useful this weapon is in PvP. I could imagine how it is not that good. However in PvE it is extremely good.

Midievalmodel
10-26-2015, 06:50 PM
It is like 50% of the people commenting in this thread have neither tried out the weapon themselves, nor have they actually ran any map with someone who has it (and wasn't afk during 90% of the run). The problem is that when someone asks for a change based on information which just hearsay and not based on facts, there is no grounds to actually expect a change.

This being said I do agree that making a class useful solely via an item is not really a solution to the problems. This weapon's proc should have been made a warrior's skill lol. Because now we have the situation where all warriors who have the new weapon are useful/ efficient in PvE, whereas all the others are just not. It is not really about affordability, as the weapon (its lower damage version) is already 700k, which one can farm in a week of doing km3 1 hour a day. It is about not having choices and being pigeon-holed into using a single item in order to be useful, whilst there are many choices, which sadly are no real choices at all.

P.S. I cannot comment how useful this weapon is in PvP. I could imagine how it is not that good. However in PvE it is extremely good.

I agree this weapon is great for PVE. But why are we warriors pigeoned held to just play pve now? It use to be we were useless in PVE and can only play pvp. Now we are somewhat useful in PVE cuz of the great proc but the base stats are bad enough where we can't PVP. Why is it that rogues and mages have a versatile weapon that can pvp and pve with. All I ask is to increase the base stats of the new warrior mythic weapon beyond that of the old 41 bulwark by increasing the HP and armor. So that it can be semi-competitive in PVP as well. Increasing the base stats I mentioned won't hurt anything but instead will help balance PVP on top of the great pve proc.

And yes I do have this new mythic weapon and have tested it extensively. I still stand by the fact that this weapon is not good at bosses. Great for mobs. And yes we warriors are more desired now in Rengol maps because of this trend to farm orc fangs by just defeating mobs and skipping bosses.

Ucamaeben
10-26-2015, 07:21 PM
So I've been playing since March. I started out with a couple of legendary weapons and then got lucky and got a mythic glaive. I just got lucky again and got the new 46 mythic sword, my first impressions is that I love it.

There are a few problems:

1. I go through pots at a much faster rate. This isn't a huge problem but the weapon proc means I'm getting hit, the aggro draws them in. It's awesome for the party and I like leveling mobs but if they're all going to come after me. Solution: 1. I spam pots. 2. Damage reduction elixir.

2. I can solo through a mob heavy map, then I get to boss. This turns into a marathon evolution at the boss. Solution: 1. I could carry two weapons. 2. I use damage elixir. 3. I grind it out for an excessive amount of time.

3. I still get "one hit" when trying to avoid certain situations. Solution: 1. Kill all mobs. 2. Extend heal shield for a few seconds more.

I agree with taking a look at the warrior skills. I think the real solution lies within our abilities. Each class should have the other class thinking, "I wish I could do that." This is why we have classes, each one is special in their own way. I think there's some great ideas in the new sword but they may be better suited for a skill vice attaching it to a weapon.

I love to farm and think it's fun, it's what we do in end game. I'm getting fangs, runes, legions at a much faster rate, I'm looting items to make money to buy new gear or better jewels.

I think we all enjoy being known as OP, or Pro. I know many warriors who have that status. These people know how to strategically approach a map, work with character skill sets within a party, and are genuinely known as good people.

Tanks really have a choice to make: 1. Jewels out all gear with Fury. 2. Throw a couple of Chaos in gear for damage. For me this is a personal choice. This game is about choices, that's what makes it fun, in my opinion. If you don't like how your character plays, then make different choices.

Anakraotaba
10-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Being a warrior is hard now days. It's even worse for players that don't have time to work on more than one toon.
I mean we can stay alive it seems but being the only one alive doesn't help if you dont do lots of dmg and/or give good buffs to your team.

Beoperson
10-27-2015, 12:05 AM
At first i was like it should have a 25 str buff to the warrior weap but after using it a bit ill have to agree that its a pretty darn good pve weap especially in the mob heavy elites (almost all) but i think it should have a chance for a aoe stun in it not talking op like maul but something to wet the finger tips :p and stun should work on boss too i think this would be a nice add on and its not so big