PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Bow Tact v Fervor?

glendame
10-17-2015, 10:03 PM
Glinstone Longbow of Ferver 174.1 DPS, 56 DEX, 23 INT, 3.71%crit, 80HP

vs.

Glinstone Longbow of Tact 163.7 DPS, 56 DEX, 23 INT, 3.71 crit 80HP, 47 Armor.

Same everything, except dps.

Same Skill Damage output (aimed shot, nox, pierce)?

KnowledgeFTW
10-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Fervor gives more skill and display damage. And tact gives armor and fervor gives health.

glendame
10-17-2015, 10:16 PM
Fervor gives more skill and display damage. And tact gives armor and fervor gives health.

both gives not same +80 hp? i know int gives hp, but they have same 23 int.

glendame
10-17-2015, 10:21 PM
So DPS affect Skill Damage? Im not concerned about "display damage" because sometimes its not correct.

KnowledgeFTW
10-17-2015, 10:21 PM
both gives not same +80 hp? i know int gives hp, but they have same 23 int.

Looks like i missed it. According to the stats up there, tactics exchanges damage for armor.

So looks like fervor gives more damage and tact gives more armor

glendame
10-17-2015, 10:26 PM
So how about DPS affecting skill damage output (like aimed shot, nox and pierce)?

Xorrior
10-18-2015, 01:11 AM
Tact is the lesser of all 4 mythic bows, it gives way low damage than others and lesser dps. Trading damage/dps for a smidgeon of armour ? The decision is yours.

I think 4 types of mythic weapons created to cater for various budgets. Fervour is the best, no doubt the most expensive out of the four.

mesalin
10-18-2015, 02:27 AM
Anyway tact bow is still better than our legendary 46 and mythic 41 weapon. ( normal/ grand gemmed )

<Forgiveness>

Amvulpix
10-21-2015, 03:24 AM
Glinstone Longbow of Ferver 174.1 DPS, 56 DEX, 23 INT, 3.71%crit, 80HP

vs.

Glinstone Longbow of Tact 163.7 DPS, 56 DEX, 23 INT, 3.71 crit 80HP, 47 Armor.

Same everything, except dps.

Same Skill Damage output (aimed shot, nox, pierce)?

You can still slaughter anyone one who uses a fervor bow
If your bow is tactics
174 dps subtracted from 163dps is = to 11 dps
fervor is 11 more dps higher than tactics
11dps is = to 38.50 damage
So if you using tactics it's still Lvl 46 mythic , the difference in skill damage won't really even be a huge difference
As far as I know in all 4 bow the dex the proc the int is all the same
The hp the mana is all the same
I know you pvp a lot I believe the tactics will go well I don't think the 11 dps difference is even a huge lost

If aimshot is 1300-1800 with fervor
Then aimshot with tactics will be 1250-1770
An estimate basically
You can still kill -.-

glendame
10-21-2015, 04:12 AM
You can still slaughter anyone one who uses a fervor bow
If your bow is tactics
174 dps subtracted from 163dps is = to 11 dps
fervor is 11 more dps higher than tactics
11dps is = to 38.50 damage
So if you using tactics it's still Lvl 46 mythic , the difference in skill damage won't really even be a huge difference
As far as I know in all 4 bow the dex the proc the int is all the same
The hp the mana is all the same
I know you pvp a lot I believe the tactics will go well I don't think the 11 dps difference is even a huge lost

If aimshot is 1300-1800 with fervor
Then aimshot with tactics will be 1250-1770
An estimate basically
You can still kill -.-

i hope youre right...or at least your damage estimates on both weapons are really that close.

eorria
10-21-2015, 06:41 AM
If anyone could post screenshot of skill damage with Fervor and Tactic, I really appreciate it.

vawaid
10-21-2015, 07:25 AM
The difference between the bows like Amvulpix said is slim and the only people who would be really concerned about that slim difference are 1. Timed runners because every single bit of extra dmg and crit counts and 2. Zeus, because... yeah.

So if you're running on a budget and looking for a value for money bow, it's ok to choose the tact version.

yeah, zeus. lol

and how about mages new weapon, are they only slightly different?

Sent from my Andromax-c using Tapatalk

Jazzi
10-21-2015, 07:59 AM
All the new weapons for each class have the same sort of variations. It's just how significant the variations are to each class. For instance people will argue that paying a few million more for that extra 3.71% crit for rogues is meaningless because we can stack 30% extra crit from aimed shot alone. However that same extra crit might be more significant to mages because they cannot stack crit. 3% dodge in my opinion hardly matters in clashes where skill use bypasses dodge and in PvE where alot of rogues already exceed 50% dodge. Also with Nekro and mage shield the small bit of extra armor may not be that essential to mages in clashes. I don't know if I should comment on the tank weapon since it has come under alot of criticism for the lack of progression from the lvl41 mythics.

In short, the variation between the different weapons should be considered based on how the different addition stats may affect your gameplay. To the average player seeking to add a nice weapon their set for a significant upgrade in gear, the small additional stats probably don't matter. But for those at the top of the gear range who nitpick on the finest of details (yeah Zeus talking about you again), the consideration becomes more important.

Nicely explained!

Magemagix
10-21-2015, 08:15 AM
All the new weapons for each class have the same sort of variations. It's just how significant the variations are to each class. For instance people will argue that paying a few million more for that extra 3.71% crit for rogues is meaningless because we can stack 30% extra crit from aimed shot alone. However that same extra crit might be more significant to mages because they cannot stack crit. 3% dodge in my opinion hardly matters in clashes where skill use bypasses dodge and in PvE where alot of rogues already exceed 50% dodge. Also with Nekro and mage shield the small bit of extra armor may not be that essential to mages in clashes. I don't know if I should comment on the tank weapon since it has come under alot of criticism for the lack of progression from the lvl41 mythics.

In short, the variation between the different weapons should be considered based on how the different addition stats may affect your gameplay. To the average player seeking to add a nice weapon their set for a significant upgrade in gear, the small additional stats probably don't matter. But for those at the top of the gear range who nitpick on the finest of details (yeah Zeus talking about you again), the consideration becomes more important.

Is the dmg output between tact nd guile bow the same or which is more?

Magemagix
10-22-2015, 04:28 AM
I haven't tested it out for myself. But in past experiences with weapons of the same class but with different dmg/dps stats (for instance, agile lifethief of potency vs force), the weapon with the higher dmg has the higher skill dmg and thus a higher dmg output. You would need to ask someone who owns both bows for an exact comparison of the difference in skill dmg between guile and tact. Am quite sure though that even tact has a significant damage upgrade over the lvl41 mythic weapons.

Ok thank u.

Ya tact is superior to lvl 41 mythics all gemmed with grand fire gems, bt i think para lvl 41 with 1 eye nd grand fire is more powerful than tact bow. (i have no para on my gears i.e.. +7 dmg)

mesalin
10-22-2015, 07:51 AM
Ok thank u.

Ya tact is superior to lvl 41 mythics all gemmed with grand fire gems, bt i think para lvl 41 with 1 eye nd grand fire is more powerful than tact bow. (i have no para on my gears i.e.. +7 dmg)
Its not ;)

<Forgiveness>

glendame
10-22-2015, 07:55 AM
Its not ;)

<Forgiveness>

I'm pretty sure it is not too...even with 3 para gemmed L41

mesalin
10-22-2015, 08:09 AM
Yes. I tested it.

<Forgiveness>

Magemagix
10-22-2015, 08:35 AM
Its not ;)

<Forgiveness>

Oh lol. I dont have any so really dont knw, was jst a guess. :p

Vjerevica
10-22-2015, 06:34 PM
and how about mages new weapon, are they only slightly different?

No. They are not.

1. Mythic Blund of Willpower: 221,5 DPS, 25 str, 60 int, 80 health, 2,98% dodge
2. Mythic Blund of Reason 221,1 DPS, 25 str, 60 int, 80 health, 47 armor
3. Mythic Blund of Wits: 210,1 DPS, 25 str, 60 int, 80 health, 3,71% crit, 47 armor
4. Mythic Blund of Wisdom 221,5 DPS, 25 str, 60 int, 80 health, 3,71% crit

Wits gives about app. 30 less damage than others. Base stats are same and only difference is in lower dps. I always thought that dps doesn't affect skill damage so if anyone can shred some light on this . . .

deathwraithx
10-22-2015, 11:52 PM
No. They are not.

1. Mythic Blund of Willpower: 221,5 DPS, 25 str, 60 int, 80 health, 2,98% dodge
2. Mythic Blund of Reason 221,1 DPS, 25 str, 60 int, 80 health, 47 armor
3. Mythic Blund of Wits: 210,1 DPS, 25 str, 60 int, 80 health, 3,71% crit, 47 armor
4. Mythic Blund of Wisdom 221,5 DPS, 25 str, 60 int, 80 health, 3,71% crit

Wits gives about app. 30 less damage than others. Base stats are same and only difference is in lower dps. I always thought that dps doesn't affect skill damage so if anyone can shred some light on this . . .
DPS still does not affect skill damage. But that's DPS in your stat screen. Weapons have only always been released with DPS in their info screen.

Amount of DPS in the weapon's info screen decides it's damage taking into consideration your bonus damage and primary stat value.
Correct me if I'm wrong

Vjerevica
10-23-2015, 04:37 AM
DPS still does not affect skill damage. But that's DPS in your stat screen. Weapons have only always been released with DPS in their info screen.

Amount of DPS in the weapon's info screen decides it's damage taking into consideration your bonus damage and primary stat value.
Correct me if I'm wrong

Thank you. This explains it. In the end, DPS in weapon's info screen affect skill damage after all.
I was wrong all this time.

Vvildfire
10-24-2015, 12:31 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong

Here we go again >.<
In another thread in General Discussion a few days ago, there were some people saying dps is, in fact, your weapon's damage per second, while your damage is simply your weapon's damage per hit. That would explain why bows have lower dps than daggers - they shoot much more slowly. Of course others say what you say, too, but I find this explanation more reasonable. A Para gem increases damage, right? If damage and dps were unrelated, the dps would stay the same and the damage would increase, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It makes sense (in my opinion).
Bonus damage, I was told, is the multiplier for the damage in an item's stats. Para gem's description says it adds 2 damage, plus bonus. Then why doesn't it grant you +7.5 dmg in your stat page, but such an enormous buff? Because it was multiplied by your bonus damage (as far as I understand). Not completely sure why your damage doesn't always reflect your skill damage (Elon bow and Rengol bow), but the rest is pretty much explained this way. :)

Newcomx
10-24-2015, 12:50 AM
I myself prefer deftness type for extra dodge. Still collecting gold for that one.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

deathwraithx
10-24-2015, 12:52 AM
Here we go again >.<
In another thread in General Discussion a few days ago, there were some people saying dps is, in fact, your weapon's damage per second, while your damage is simply your weapon's damage per hit. That would explain why bows have lower dps than daggers - they shoot much more slowly. Of course others say what you say, too, but I find this explanation more reasonable. A Para gem increases damage, right? If damage and dps were unrelated, the dps would stay the same and the damage would increase, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It makes sense (in my opinion).
Bonus damage, I was told, is the multiplier for the damage in an item's stats. Para gem's description says it adds 2 damage, plus bonus. Then why doesn't it grant you +7.5 dmg in your stat page, but such an enormous buff? Because it was multiplied by your bonus damage (as far as I understand). Not completely sure why your damage doesn't always reflect your skill damage (Elon bow and Rengol bow), but the rest is pretty much explained this way. :)
Damage and DPS can never be unrelated. DPS is damage per second. If your weapon is slow but you have damage gems, then each hit hits harder so damage dealt per second will increase, the way I see it. So para affecting dps does make sense to me [emoji28]

Amvulpix
10-24-2015, 07:19 AM

I've used both tactic and fervor , in pvp the difference between rogues shooting one another is ridiculous no matter which weap between them, they'll die regardless , i don't think us poor ppl will pay that much just for an extra 38.58 damage just to kill 1 person when we can do the same with the tactics and save our money , it's not like hey we guna survive after we we kill someone , I usually go wth weapons according to my Arnor, I didn't feel the difference with fervor or tactics unless I do timed or pve.

Amvulpix
10-24-2015, 07:21 AM

If you have super gems on your armor amulet , or where ever, a tactic bow will do you just as fine as a fervor and you know how to play so I'm pretty sure just any bow will do you well, we've killed op ppl before with legendary so imagine.

glendame
10-24-2015, 06:05 PM
Yes. I tested it.

<Forgiveness>

show numbers :)

mesalin
10-25-2015, 03:51 AM
show numbers :)
Sorry can't now :) my friend already sold his bow and also bought glin. Hmmm maybe some of my friends still have one 41 bow. I'll look in game and if i get ill post here:)

<Forgiveness>

glendame
10-25-2015, 08:03 AM
Sorry can't now :) my friend already sold his bow and also bought glin. Hmmm maybe some of my friends still have one 41 bow. I'll look in game and if i get ill post here:)

<Forgiveness>

ok. ty. try SS damage for 3 para elon/frost bow compare to tact. idk know anyone who has both atm. hehe

codered
10-26-2015, 06:22 PM
XD im looking into this post twice a day to get more info regarding those 2 bows, i hv the same question as the op,,,

glendame
10-26-2015, 09:35 PM
If you have super gems on your armor amulet , or where ever, a tactic bow will do you just as fine as a fervor and you know how to play so I'm pretty sure just any bow will do you well, we've killed op ppl before with legendary so imagine.

dps is counted in a total of how many seconds? 1, 5, 10 secs?

quoted wrong person lol

glendame
10-26-2015, 09:38 PM
is dps talking about white non crit damage?

glendame
10-27-2015, 12:51 AM
I myself prefer deftness type for extra dodge. Still collecting gold for that one.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

deftness good in pve, but in pvp i dont think so. dodge cant dodge spells such as aimed shot.

mesalin
10-27-2015, 12:55 AM
Awww glen i don't think somebody from my FL still have any lvl 41 bow with at least 1 para.

<Forgiveness>

Newcomx
10-27-2015, 01:20 AM
deftness good in pve, but in pvp i dont think so. dodge cant dodge spells such as aimed shot.

Yes, I'm referring to pve. But imho, dodge is still the best defense against auto-attack even in pvp (mine almost 60% without razor), where spamming auto attack is common. I'm not pvp'ing in a long time, so I'm not sure :D.

Magemagix
10-27-2015, 05:54 AM
I did rather wait for a few days or till winter and by that time bow price will decrease( maybe 4-5 mil fervor) or who knws winter might have nw mythics ;)

Anil LK Joseph
11-21-2015, 10:20 PM
Fervor is better due to that damage difference... Same crit which is good. But on 46 damage matters