PDA

View Full Version : ATTTENTION: Potions CAN still be bought with gold

skavenger216
05-20-2011, 12:08 PM
I've seen numerous threads started by ppl complaining that potions are plat only now. I'm making this thread in an attempt to eliminate future posts of the same nature.

Go to Forest Haven and head west (left). Go all the way until you get to Ellie the Enchantress. She sells potions, 1.5k for 100 potions. Enjoy!

judygrrl
05-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Well...that's great, except for the inconvenience...and the fact that *NO-ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT!*
Admittedly...paying Plat for convenince is understandable...but crippling the game just so STS can cash-in is (IMNSHO) unreasonable.

Bobloblaw
05-20-2011, 12:15 PM
I've tried to spread the word about this and help out as many people as I can but it is honestly disturbing how few people know about this. I knew about Ellie and her pots before I knew I could even buy them in the store back in the day. People just need to take a minute and explore the maps to see what is out there imo. When you start playing, FH is the first town you see. Why not explore it

judygrrl
05-20-2011, 12:15 PM
i can see the lines now....with hundreds of people playing at any given moment...all attempting to jam into *one* NPC to buy potions... *that* was smart; guys...

If they want to do that...put an "Ellie" in every Module/Campaign...*that* would make sense (to have to back to the Base that you're *in*...rather than all the way back to Forest Haven!)

Sky../
05-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Tehnically, you cannot jam a hundred people in a map. Max per map is 25 (or was it 50)

Also, what's inconvenient with buying pots like once a week? Buy a thousand and that should last for a while. If it doesn't then you might wanna reevaluate your playstyle.

Gluttony
05-20-2011, 12:26 PM
I made a suggestion about ways to fix this, I didn't start the thread so it's lost in the bug reports (somewhere). Anyway it went a bit like this; addding a quest like "Finding Ellie" and making manditory could help the newcomers so they don't spend/waste plat and feel used. Perhaps add it to the end of the tutorial map and have the the quest complete when 1 potion is purchased (would be good if it could be free somehow). Another idea is just to move her to a much more visable location, putting her way off the spawn point into a dead end doesn't promote finding her. Even if you do find her; I saw her when I turned in the Wyldwood quest Tell My Wife Goodbye, but I didn't talk to her and realize that she can give me potions.

Also, what's inconvenient with buying pots like once a week? Buy a thousand and that should last for a while. If it doesn't then you might wanna reevaluate your playstyle.

I think the issue is more so, if you never knew about Ellie then all you think now is I have to pay plat for potions?!

Moogerfooger
05-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Well...that's great, except for the inconvenience...and the fact that *NO-ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT!*
Admittedly...paying Plat for convenince is understandable...but crippling the game just so STS can cash-in is (IMNSHO) unreasonable.

The vast majority of players who have been playing for while know about Ellie...not "NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT". Way to exaggerate ;)

I have never seen more than three or four people at Ellie at a time...there are multiple instances of Forest Haven running at every given moment. It is not like there is only one Ellie in one instance that every single player online would have to go to.

Not to mention, as others have already pointed out, just stock up as best you can...I usually bought 200-1000 at a time, depending on what I could afford....even when I was lower level.

Although agreed with your other point, it would be nice if there were more "Ellies" on the different levels in order to keep people from having to run back there.

judygrrl
05-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Tehnically, you cannot jam a hundred people in a map. Max per map is 25 (or was it 50)

Which simply validates my point....how many NON-Level-50's have 15,000 gold (for your previously-mentioned 1000 potions) laying around, as you so-blithely suggest?
Perhaps you've forgotten that *most* of the players in the game *aren't* maxxed-out...and *some* of us are busy enjoying the game, rather than power-leveling up as fast as we can.

Moogerfooger
05-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Which simply validates my point....how many NON-Level-50's have 15,000 gold (for your previously-mentioned 1000 potions) laying around, as you so-blithely suggest?
Perhaps you've forgotten that *most* of the players in the game *aren't* maxxed-out...and *some* of us are busy enjoying the game, rather than power-leveling up as fast as we can.

I always had more than 15,000 gold lying around as non-level 50, due to selling drops in the CS, minor quest gold, etc. You are being condescending and combative towards Sky, who is a cool person, and just venting, not trying to see both sides of the story. Power leveling has nothing to do with it all.

Not to mention, if you don't have the gold as you imply you don't, stash your pots, kill some mobs (doesn't matter what level, or if it is way below you I believe) and you will get up to 25 free pots. I know players who took the time to do this because they didn't have much money and one once told me they had gotten over 3000 free pots doing this.

judygrrl
05-20-2011, 12:36 PM
The vast majority of players who have been playing for while know about Ellie...not "NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT". Way to exaggerate ;)

I have never seen more than three or four people at Ellie at a time...there are multiple instances of Forest Haven running at every given moment. It is not like there is only one Ellie in one instance that every single player online would have to go to.
*Shrugs*...I fully admit...i haven't been back to Forest Haven since i was Level 12-or-so....what's the point? So yeah...I forgot all about Ellie selling potions (as i'm sure many of us have.)
However...if these new changes continue to be implemented...Ellie will be *much* more popular.

Moogerfooger
05-20-2011, 12:39 PM
*Shrugs*...I fully admit...i haven't been back to Forest Haven since i was Level 12-or-so....what's the point? So yeah...I forgot all about Ellie selling potions (as i'm sure many of us have.)
However...if these new changes continue to be implemented...Ellie will be *much* more popular.

True true. I am not saying I agree with what they did, taking away pots-for-gold in the store, heck I used it a bunch of my times myself back in the day, but yeah...she will become one popular gal.

Samhayne
05-20-2011, 12:40 PM
We are going to be adding a pop up message that references Ellie the Enchantress in Forest Haven when a user goes to buy potions via the store. There will be a checkbox to not display the message in the future. This should help. Watch for patch notes as to when it goes out.

judygrrl
05-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Mogerfooger...then i guess i'm "not playing the game right"....since the only reason i have more than about 5-8k in gold is that i bought Plat, and converted some to buy a couple of items. I play, and i enjoy the game...and if i seem snide...it's only because it's *equally* condescending to wonder why I don't have tens-of-thousands of gold available.

Honestly, I'm not trying to get into a pi**ing contest here...I've only been playing for a few months...and I had *completely* forgotten about Ellie. I suspect many others have, as well.

If going to her is the only method of getting potions with gold...then as I pointed out before; it seems to me that Ellie will rapidly become a log-jam in the game; whether there are three-or-four ForestHavens running, or not.

judygrrl
05-20-2011, 12:48 PM
We are going to be adding a pop up message that references Ellie the Enchantress in Forest Haven when a user goes to buy potions via the store. There will be a checkbox to not display the message in the future. This should help. Watch for patch notes as to when it goes out.

I think that *will* help...thanks Samhayne.
Any possibility of there being EllieMart-franchises in every Campaign? *grinz*

asommers
05-20-2011, 12:56 PM
This is now up.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26961-1.7.2-Content-Update-(59432)

The Ellie flash crowd hypothesis won't be a problem.

-ALS

Gluttony
05-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Ok, I think I understand where both Judy and Moog are coming from and I have to say that both of you have some points, as well as you are both exaggerating the situation a bit. Granted the new change kind of stinks, but it's not too different from most things in life (you have to pay a bit more for convenience). Second, there can be dozens of instances of Forest Haven, not just a few so it won't get any more crowded than it does around Darada (stash NPC) in Balefort castle. Third, potions are 1,500 for 100, and 100 should last a while so while it isn't cheap it's not all that expensive either. Finally, I don't think Ellie will be looking to expand her business anytime soon, Darada hasn't, the CS bird trio hasn't, it makes for variety. Now people traveling to different towns for different things, I use the pool in Oasis town when I'm done with a run and depleted but I don't expect one in every town. Bottom line, the inconvenience is slight and it just forces us players to plan out dungeon raids a bit more in advance.

Moogerfooger
05-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Ok, I think I understand where both Judy and Moog are coming from and I have to say that both of you have some points, as well as you are both exaggerating the situation a bit. Granted the new change kind of stinks, but it's not too different from most things in life (you have to pay a bit more for convenience). Second, there can be dozens of instances of Forest Haven, not just a few so it won't get any more crowded than it does around Darada (stash NPC) in Balefort castle. Third, potions are 1,500 for 100, and 100 should last a while so while it isn't cheap it's not all that expensive either. Finally, I don't think Ellie will be looking to expand her business anytime soon, Darada hasn't, the CS bird trio hasn't, it makes for variety. Now people traveling to different towns for different things, I use the pool in Oasis town when I'm done with a run and depleted but I don't expect one in every town. Bottom line, the inconvenience is slight and it just forces us players to plan out dungeon raids a bit more in advance.

Judy: In no way, at any time, did I imply that you were not playing right. Fail, at attempting to say I said something I did not. Most players, just by doing quests, have at least a few thousand gold. On my first toon, I often struggled to pay for pots until someone told me about the farm-for-pots method, which I shared with you not knowing if you already knew.

Also, another FAIL at trying to say I implied/condescended/"wondered why you didn't have tens-of-thousands of gold". Really? Show me where I wondered that and/or condescended you. I'll be waiting. Forever, because you can't and are making sh*t up. I only said "I had more than 15k gold, because of quest rewards and selling drops" afetr you were snotty to Sky for "blithely suggesting" a lot of people have some gold when he was just trying to be helpful. Yes, I assumed you did have the cash after your first post not knowing any better, but after you said you didn't I suggested a way to get free pots pretty neutrally...heck, someone had to tell me once upon a time, as I was short on cash myself for a long time.

You say you want to avoid a pi**ing contest, yet twice you try to say I said things I most certainly did not. Nice try.

Gluttony: Explain to me where I exaggerate. I will be waiting ;)

I still crack up every time I see your sig, G.

skavenger216
05-20-2011, 01:14 PM

Which is exactly why I made this thread, so more ppl would know about it.

Wrong. Crippling the game for a cash in would be COMPLETELY removing potions for gold, they still exist, you just have to not be lazy and do a little leg work to get them.

Raulur
05-20-2011, 01:26 PM
If you could afford potions from the store link, you can afford them from Ellie. Yes, players struggle with gold early, but by level 20ish they should be getting pink drops than can be sold in the CS.

Gluttony
05-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Wow, you guys are really destroying the newcomer (10 posts currently) I mean cut Judy some slack. Perhaps the words were not the best to use, but I'm not sure that everything that is being dumped on her is deserved.

Gluttony: Explain to me where I exaggerate. I will be waiting ;)

I was trying to remain neutral and not choose sides, but if you want me to nitpick I will comply. Three to four people at Ellie may be a slight exaggeration, I personally have seen way more but since it's worded as what you've seen it could be argued that it's your perception. You state that you had 15k gold as a "non-level 50" but this relies on selling items in cs and doing quests (which she may not at all), so that number may be exaggerated. This newfound popularity that Ellie will gain is greatly exaggerated, I doubt many people were using the player's store as their main source of potions (700 for 25 compared to 100 for 1.5k is a no brainer).

You assume she knows about stash, gaining pots from runs, cs, quests, etc. She already admitted she is a new player so I was just trying to break things up. Not saying I choose her side (she was at fault for quite a few things), I was just saying what needed to be said in the most polite, politically correct way I could muster (which was extremely hard if you know my style).

BeardedBear
05-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey Judy! PM me with your in game name and I'll buy ya 1,000 hp/mana potions. :)

BigBah
05-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Well I guess people will begin to trash me also since I am a new poster. I believe recent changes in game play and other aspects are begining to detract from the casual gamers experience. Casual gamers are the ones who will keep Pocket Legends afloat so lets keep the game as inclusive as possible.

Wretch
05-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Do like I do when farming low levels that you know you won't use any pots.... Put them all in your stash and farm pots at same time

Sky../
05-20-2011, 02:06 PM

You are right. Level 10 players may not have 15k extra to spare. But then again, they won't need 1000 potions. 100 will last them a long time. And that is only 1.5k.

And you seem to be saying that ellie's pots are expensive. Just so you know, her pots actually cost half compared to the store that you prefered.

Moogerfooger
05-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Wow, you guys are really destroying the newcomer (10 posts currently) I mean cut Judy some slack. Perhaps the words were not the best to use, but I'm not sure that everything that is being dumped on her is deserved.

I was trying to remain neutral and not choose sides, but if you want me to nitpick I will comply. Three to four people at Ellie may be a slight exaggeration, I personally have seen way more but since it's worded as what you've seen it could be argued that it's your perception. You state that you had 15k gold as a "non-level 50" but this relies on selling items in cs and doing quests (which she may not at all), so that number may be exaggerated. This newfound popularity that Ellie will gain is greatly exaggerated, I doubt many people were using the player's store as their main source of potions (700 for 25 compared to 100 for 1.5k is a no brainer).

You assume she knows about stash, gaining pots from runs, cs, quests, etc. She already admitted she is a new player so I was just trying to break things up. Not saying I choose her side (she was at fault for quite a few things), I was just saying what needed to be said in the most polite, politically correct way I could muster (which was extremely hard if you know my style).

She never said she is a new player, G. Just a new poster (I'll get to that in a minute). she said 'I hadn't been back to Ellie since lvl 12' which implies (to me, for what its worth) that she is well beyond lvl 12 and is not a new player. I didn't assume she knew about pots for runs, which is why I suggested it. Not have I ever seen, and I sat and thought for 5.43 seconds about it, more than 3-5 people at Ellie in an instance....ever. Having 15k gold as non-50 is not an exaggeration at any stretch, I had much more due to a couple lucky drops and careful buying/selling, but I see your point about someone being more casual and maybe not knowing how to make some money off of buying and selling.

I have told you eleventy billion times I do not exaggerate :p

Judy: I did not mean to trash you/pick on you...but Sky tried to be nice/helpful in his way and I thought you were less-than-pleasant so I said something. Then you tried saying I said things that I most certainly didn't and that will always pi** me off, but we will chalk it up to communication via a forum leading to misunderstandings ;) I can be an a$$ sometimes, but I am an honest a$$ for what it is worth (maybe not much). I apologize for being a little over the top harsh/blunt, but that is all you are gonna get me to admit.

Try the farm-for-pots, if you are running low on cash for them, or hopefully you have met up with Bearded already and got some :)

Well I guess people will begin to trash me also since I am a new poster. I believe recent changes in game play and other aspects are begining to detract from the casual gamers experience. Casual gamers are the ones who will keep Pocket Legends afloat so lets keep the game as inclusive as possible.

No, you have an excellent point...I can see how some of the changes make it tough for the casual play-a-few-minutes-at-a-time player. But don't discount the hardcore players, many who have spent loads on plat and extra items ( ihave spent maybe 150 total, some have spent thousands and make me look like a plat rookie)...what they lack in number, they make up for in buying power too. But it has nothing to do with post count, some of the best posts I have seen have come from newcomers, and some of the uhhh dumbest ones from people with a lot (myself occasionally included). It is all in the delivery :D

Gluttony
05-20-2011, 02:44 PM
She never said she is a new player, G. Just a new poster (I'll get to that in a minute).

Minute's up, I think you're looking for this:

Honestly, I'm not trying to get into a pi**ing contest here...I've only been playing for a few months...and I had *completely* forgotten about Ellie. I suspect many others have, as well.

States, only been playing for a few months. We can assume that means 12 weeks and who knows the amount of hours that actually means. Also, getting above level 12 is past new player to you. I was still new at level 12, don't have all your spells yet, not sure how to allocate points yet, I didn't even know where cs or Ellie were by then, so she has a leg up on me for that level.

Edit: I don't know how "well beyond" you can assume she is, it's an assumption after all. I understand that you have never seen more than 5 people at Ellie at once, I however have. The 15k of gold at that level is still a bit of an exaggeration since you admit that it was relied heavily on drops (which are random) and cs (which she may not use and prices fluctuate).

Eleventy billion, has it been that many? I lost count a while ago, but the face that you keep reminding me just makes me want to point them out that much more!

Ayrilana
05-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Are people really that poor that they can't stock up potions? I usually carry 2k but I did carry at least 500 each when I first started. It's also not that mufh trouble to keep an eye on your potions if you refuse to keep them at higher stock levels.

Moogerfooger
05-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Minute's up, I think you're looking for this:

States, only been playing for a few months. We can assume that means 12 weeks and who knows the amount of hours that actually means. Also, getting above level 12 is past new player to you. I was still new at level 12, don't have all your spells yet, not sure how to allocate points yet, I didn't even know where cs or Ellie were by then, so she has a leg up on me for that level.

Edit: I don't know how "well beyond" you can assume she is, it's an assumption after all. I understand that you have never seen more than 5 people at Ellie at once, I however have. The 15k of gold at that level is still a bit of an exaggeration since you admit that it was relied heavily on drops (which are random) and cs (which she may not use and prices fluctuate).

Eleventy billion, has it been that many? I lost count a while ago, but the face that you keep reminding me just makes me want to point them out that much more!

Few months is not a "new player". She knew enough to buy pots from a store, she knew enough to know that there was only one place where Ellie is, and she implied her being lvl 12 was quite some time ago, be it two weeks or two months, who knows.

15k is an exaggeration? You are out of your mind if you think that is an exaggeration. I had that just by lvl 20 saving most of my quest rewards, using dropped greys/oranges/greens and farming for pots. Case closed. The only reason I mentioned drops is because I got a coupla 25ish pinks that I sold to pad my stash on top of the 15k+ I had already. If you can't get to 10-20k by lvl 25ish, then you have pi$$-poor spending habits.

You and I can bicker semantics all day long like you and Banned did the other day and both be convinced we are right....not interested. I would rather watch paint dry and stick my sensitive bits in a garbage disposal.

BigBah
05-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Thank you Moogerfooger for your polite response. Although I've been playing for awhile I've been hesitant to post on the site because I've noticed many veterans can be condescending at times to new players/posters. Thank you for disproving my assumptions.

Gluttony
05-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Few months is not a "new player". Case closed.

Sorry oh benevolent one, how dare I question he who can close cases without the consent of anyone but themselves. I will go hide in a cave now and hope you don't smite me with your all powerful magnificent. Again, it's all speculation, a simple time stamp does not a veteran make.

BigBah
05-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Sorry oh benevolent one, how dare I question he who can close cases without the consent of anyone but themselves. I will go hide in a cave now and hope you don't smite me with your all powerful magnificent. Again, it's all speculation, a simple time stamp does not a veteran make.

Lmao and I must add that I love your sig also sir.

Moogerfooger
05-20-2011, 03:31 PM

You also quoted before I could edit it as I realized it came off way more pompous than I meant it to be. Your sarcasm is noted and deleted.

Moogerfooger
05-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Thank you Moogerfooger for your polite response. Although I've been playing for awhile I've been hesitant to post on the site because I've noticed many veterans can be condescending at times to new players/posters. Thank you for disproving my assumptions.

No worries....we tend to get full of ourselves sometimes, and then I try to remember I was in the new poster boat myself too and was hesitatnt to post or ask questions myself. I realized it after being too harsh on Judy.

Samhayne
05-20-2011, 03:36 PM
We're all friends here :) Thanks for keeping it friendly!

Gluttony
05-20-2011, 03:38 PM
15k is an exaggeration? You are out of your mind if you think that is an exaggeration. I had that just by lvl 20 saving most of my quest rewards, using dropped greys/oranges/greens and farming for pots. Case closed. The only reason I mentioned drops is because I got a coupla 25ish pinks that I sold to pad my stash on top of the 15k+ I had already. If you can't get to 10-20k by lvl 25ish, then you have pi$$-poor spending habits.

I gotta say that you make this extremely easy as you leave an out for yourself almost every time. Again, not everyone does quests, not every farms for pots, and perhaps the spending habits can be called into question (as it seems she was using the player's store to stock up on pots). Just because you know how to save, doesn't mean it rubs off on people who have the blind luck to fall within your presence.

You also quoted before I could edit it as I realized it came off way more pompous than I meant it to be. Your sarcasm is noted and deleted.

It was warrented pre-edit, maybe not so much now. Oh well it's all locked in stone when people quote it.

Breadkeeper
05-20-2011, 03:39 PM
How can you not know about ellie? some of your very first quests take you to her.
Pay attention and you will be alright.

:)

Sky../
05-20-2011, 03:40 PM
We are all Friendly here. :)

"make love, not war"

Moogerfooger
05-20-2011, 04:02 PM
I gotta say that you make this extremely easy as you leave an out for yourself almost every time. Again, not everyone does quests, not every farms for pots, and perhaps the spending habits can be called into question (as it seems she was using the player's store to stock up on pots). Just because you know how to save, doesn't mean it rubs off on people who have the blind luck to fall within your presence.

We can go round and round all day, but as I said I would rather stick my sensitive bits in a garbage disposal than debate semantics with you :D Maybe you and Banned get your jollies off on trying to one-up each other on forums, but I'd rather go roll around in the grass, as Bearded once said ;) but if getting the last word in makes you feel better, knock yourself out.

If you knew anything about me, and you certainly don't, you'd realize your "witty" lines about me thinking I am all that are flat-out ridiculous, as I constantly make fun of myself in real life and am the first to admit it when I screw something up. You're a pompous a$$ for assuming you know a single thing about me. You don't.

Now, it is beer 'o clock and I am off work and off to go have tasty adult beverages with friends and shoot some pool, no more time for silliness! Tata!

skavenger216
05-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Wow, I honestly did NOT see all this coming when I posted this thread earlier. I was just trying to help educate ppl about Ellie, and help prevent forum clutter. I apologize for any arguing my thread has started :(

Justg
05-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Now, it is beer 'o clock and I am off work and off to go have tasty adult beverages with friends...

Oh me too... *cheers*

skavenger216
05-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Oh me too... *cheers*

Take 5 plat out of my account and buy yourself a round, on me! ;)

Just kidding, I needz muh plats!

Fyrce
05-20-2011, 08:42 PM
When I started, I noticed pretty quickly that the Player STORE pots were much more expensive than Ellie's pots. I admit to meeting lots of nice people, which helps when you're new. But I also used items that I dropped versus just spending and shopping. There are definitely people who shop a lot and people who drop their own items. I tend to be in the drop-my-own-items crowd.

I also noticed, of course, that pot usage was lower at easier dungeons and with a group, though certain groups were better than others. When you join games, you can join games of people who are on the higher end of levels for the area, which makes the run fast and potion usage lower.

When you find a level you can do with very little potion usage, you can run it over and over again with 0 potions in your inventory to start and you will drop potions as you do the level. You get 25/25 potions pretty fast. Put those in your stash and start again. It's best to farm for something else (gold, items) at the same time you do potion farming. You can also potion farm with a friend -- whoever is dropping the potions hands them to the other one.

Also, when I started, I noticed some classes made more gold/potions than others. My mage was definitely a potion user. My bird was a potion/gold accumulator. My bear accumulated potions/gold well, though it was better if he ran with a mage or used a ranged weapon.

Valiksuhr
05-21-2011, 02:59 AM
New(ish) member here and first time I played I found Ellie by exploring. Of course I'm a MUDder of old and back then
you checked everything and everywhere (builders tended to put secret and sometimes funny stuff). There should be some starter quests that get new players familiar with the area. If someone in the lower levels runs through 100 pots in like 3 minutes, change in playing style is needed. Most start off doing the "I'm a badass" mistake and go solo. I even had a n00b moment and did it. Its resolved by joining groups.

Now if any new players are reading this, joining a group is good. Sometimes seasoned, higher level (than you) players feel bad and give you armor or weapons they dont want from the mobs and it can help you out. Got my first xbow that way (assassin's auto crossbow).

In short..explore and meet other players and Ellie sells pots for gold

Darkfader
05-21-2011, 04:20 AM
Mostly I laughed hard when someone was selling pots 1k each "because it's still better than platinum".
Too bad he seriously didn't know there is stil npc selling those and I sold my potions to him 250/each and he bought 1000/500 LOL

Ayc2000
05-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Mostly I laughed hard when someone was selling pots 1k each "because it's still better than platinum".
Too bad he seriously didn't know there is stil npc selling those and I sold my potions to him 250/each and he bought 1000/500 LOL

Lol, and you didn't even think to tell him...wow you made a lot of money that day, hehehe

Darkfader
05-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Lol, and you didn't even think to tell him...wow you made a lot of money that day, hehehe

Yes i did tell him, but after trade was done ;D

Ayc2000
05-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Yes i did tell him, but after trade was done ;D

Lol, I bet he was mad

azulflame
05-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Yes i did tell him, but after trade was done ;DLol, I bet he was mad

that's what I love to do. I often do it with mid-range players, the ones that don't know about certain vendors and items that don't drop. man, that earned me some cash. that got me two MM pieces.

however, I usually tell people where I got my stuff after I trade/sell. I usually don't if I am one of the few that know and they are easy to get, and sell for lots.

Ayc2000
05-21-2011, 11:19 AM
that's what I love to do. I often do it with mid-range players, the ones that don't know about certain vendors and items that don't drop. man, that earned me some cash. that got me two MM pieces.

however, I usually tell people where I got my stuff after I trade/sell. I usually don't if I am one of the few that know and they are easy to get, and sell for lots.

Cool, I think I'll start doing that. How did you do the quote thing?

mage108
05-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Honestly, I used to be in the middle of a dungeon when my mana went down. I clicked the platinum menu and bought potions for GOLD. Now... I have to leave the dungeon go the Ellie and buy more for a much more expensive price. This is a terrible update.

Ayrilana
05-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Honestly, I used to be in the middle of a dungeon when my mana went down. I clicked the platinum menu and bought potions for GOLD. Now... I have to leave the dungeon go the Ellie and buy more for a much more expensive price. This is a terrible update.

It's called planning. If you see yourself below a certain amount, buy more potions before you go XP, farm, or whatever.

Also, Ellie's price has ALWAYS been CHEAPER than from the store.

I think it was 25 potions for 800 gold at the store which is 32 gold per potion. At the store it is 100 potions for 1500 gold which is 15 gold per potion.

Sky../
05-21-2011, 12:37 PM

Hello there.

Store price: 25 pot for 700 gold
Ellie price: 100 pot for 1500 gold

What kind of math are you using? I don't see how ellie's are more expensive. Note: she also sells quantities less than 100.

judygrrl
05-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks for pointing this out, Gluttony (and thanks for your "forbearence" on Teh Stompin' as well!) ...i won't bother to reply to Mooger's "Fail" accusations.... since i'm really not interested in "winning" any "arguments" on these boards, i'm just interested in having a good time in the game.
((EDIT: Thanks, Mooger, for your later semi-retraction...we can all get a bit reactionary when we're attacked. FYI, I am also a "casual player"...I might play an hour-or-so at a time, every couple of days...The fact that I'm replying to this 3 days later should indicate that. *laffs*))
Shortly after I started, I checked the Boards...and found the Quest Lists, and the Enchantress Board...but all that ever talked about was how to distribute your points/spells/etc. *shrugs*...and i'm not really huge on digging into thousands of posts on the Board on the off-chance that I might find something....I do enough of that for my worlk.))
Apparently, there are a *lot* of things I don't know about....Although i'm a 33, and have done a hundred-or-so Quests, i have *no* idea what "CS" is...or of *any* way to "farm for potions"? I always bought them on the fly with Gold, sometimes in-between fights; I've never seen anyone or anything drop Potions!
((EDIT: Also, I explored the Game Mechanics before I explored the world...so I knew about buying Potions from the Character screen *long* before I knew Ellie sold them! (and I never bothered to compare the prices...bad me!)
..Also apparently, I *am* "playing wrong"...since I think i've only seen three or four Pink items, and a dozen Purples, in my whole time on the game (and those only sold for around a hundred gold), and really didn't/don't see a huge reason to Stash items unless i was Crafting (which i'm not); so I sell anything i can't use immediately, or give them to other party members...?

skavenger216
05-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Hello there.

Store price: 25 pot for 700 gold
Ellie price: 100 pot for 1500 gold

What kind of math are you using? I don't see how ellie's are more expensive. Note: she also sells quantities less than 100.

It seems, to me at least, that most ppl don't look at the price per potion, but the total package price. Looking at it that way, 750 is cheaper than 1500. Doesn't make sense to me, I would much rather buy in bulk and get the lower per potion price.

Moogerfooger
05-23-2011, 04:12 PM
It seems, to me at least, that most ppl don't look at the price per potion, but the total package price. Looking at it that way, 750 is cheaper than 1500. Doesn't make sense to me, I would much rather buy in bulk and get the lower per potion price.

Exactly. At the prices above, you're paying about 28g per pot through the Store, but only 15 from Ellie in bulk. I don't remember the less-than-100-pots prices from Ellie, but it was still cheaper than from the Store. More bang for the buck/gold from Ellie.

Redbridge
05-23-2011, 04:26 PM
1 potion = 35Gold
5 = 150
25 = 625
60 = 1200
100 = 1500

Rare
05-23-2011, 04:33 PM
... If it doesn't then you might wanna reevaluate your playstyle.

Word.

For some reason I thought potions from the store were more expensive than from Forest Haven anyway. Was that not the case?

ATL

Moogerfooger
05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Word.

For some reason I thought potions from the store were more expensive than from Forest Haven anyway. Was that not the case?

ATL

Yes, they have always been more expensive from the store (at least since I've been around in August-ish)....kind of like you pay for the convenience to be able to buy them on the fly and not run back to Ellie, if you are in the middle of a level.

Rare
05-23-2011, 04:41 PM
..Also apparently, I *am* "playing wrong"...since I think i've only seen three or four Pink items, and a dozen Purples, in my whole time on the game (and those only sold for around a hundred gold), and really didn't/don't see a huge reason to Stash items unless i was Crafting (which i'm not); so I sell anything i can't use immediately, or give them to other party members...?

Stashing is good for quest items that you dont want to carry around and don't want to liquidate (since you get 0 for it). Also, a lot of people spend a lot time collecting gear sets. Hard to get rid of them when you do that. I still have Shadow and Death sets sitting in my stash. Its also a good way to pass items between characters if you have multiples.

I've also found its good to store your money too.

You can farm potions from AO3 I know. Not sure about earlier maps. I never noticed it until I got there. Also, I think you can only farm if you have less than 25 in your inventory. For instance... if you start out with 16, you can farm 9 potions. If you start with 0 you can farm 25. If you start with 25 or more you farm none.

ATL

Sky../
05-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Earlier maps also drop pots. But not all drop rates are equal. Plasma pyramid is very good for pot farming. So are bs maps.