PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.2 Content Update (59432)

asommers
05-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Fixed some creatures which were no longer respawning when they should be.
Attempting to purchase potions for gold in the Platinum Store will inform you they can be purchased at Ellie the Enchantress.
Corrected the displayed amount of gold needed for a purchase you cannot currently afford.

Kalielle
05-20-2011, 01:04 PM
The new "buy pots for gold in forest haven" sign looks great. Really cool of STS to add the info. Very different from many other games where they try to convince you to buy stuff with real money by any means possible.

bronislav84
05-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Um you do mean potions for platinum right? When going to the store on the menu people would normally be going to the plat store to buy pots with plat. Or could just change it to "Attempting to purchase potions in the Platinum Store will inform you they can be purchased at Ellie the Enchantress for gold."

Otherwise it is a slightly confusing patch note.

But I agree, very nice notice. I like STS. They want money like any other company, because it is a business, but they want an honest buck. :)

asommers
05-20-2011, 01:11 PM
We used to sell health/mana potions for gold in the Platinum store. We want that store to be Platinum items only, so for 1.7.2 we moved potions and crafting components to vendors. The only exception is elixirs, but we may move elixirs for gold to an elixir vendor in towne as well.

-ALS

bronislav84
05-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Honest STS. That should be a slogan or something. ;)

But yea I see what you meant I guess. For people who were used to buying from the menu they would be going there to try to buy for gold.

Hmm, maybe move the elixirs for gold to Ellie, too? Keeps the shop all plat, but the only problem I see is making elixirs storable like potions instead of having them activate immediately.

Gluttony
05-20-2011, 01:17 PM
The only exception is elixirs, but we may move elixirs for gold to an elixir vendor in towne as well.

Say it isn't so! We would then have to run into town to a vendor then quickly create a dungeon and wait for it to fill all while on a timer? That would be rough, I mean it would almost force people to plan out their raid party beforehand, so perhaps that's a plus. But, we would definitely lose precious seconds off of the meter.

Moogerfooger
05-20-2011, 01:21 PM
We used to sell health/mana potions for gold in the Platinum store. We want that store to be Platinum items only, so for 1.7.2 we moved potions and crafting components to vendors. The only exception is elixirs, but we may move elixirs for gold to an elixir vendor in towne as well.

-ALS

Ah, gotcha...makes sense to make the Store for plat items only. The new notification, as others have pointed out, help clear up some confusion. :D

FluffNStuff
05-20-2011, 01:28 PM

-ALS
So the crafting components (like Leather Thread) can still be bought for gold? Is this from the crafters?

Kalielle
05-20-2011, 01:44 PM
So the crafting components (like Leather Thread) can still be bought for gold? Is this from the crafters?

Yeah, talk to Farrow the Forger.

JaytB
05-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Especially like the message that pots can be bought for gold :) seems like a very honest thing to do.

As always, STS is listening closely to their community :banana:

Whirlzap
05-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Yes, STS has once again shown their streak of integrity and honesty! Kep doing great updates

Riccits
05-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Say it isn't so! We would then have to run into town to a vendor then quickly create a dungeon and wait for it to fill all while on a timer? That would be rough, I mean it would almost force people to plan out their raid party beforehand, so perhaps that's a plus. But, we would definitely lose precious seconds off of the meter.

i think they will let us buy them as item and we lounch em every time we want...

Fatpigwarrior
05-21-2011, 07:05 AM

-ALS

If u move them u should put it in every dungeon at the very start

JaytB
05-21-2011, 07:29 AM
If u move them u should put it in every dungeon at the very start

Agreed, else I can only imagine the runs. Everybody dropping out to buy some elix, then tryin to get together again and hope nobody slacks o.O

The only reason for this seems like to discourage to buy the elix for gold. I might be mistaken, but I really don't see another reason behind this. It would just be too inconvenient to have to quit and run somewhere to get your elix everytime, before you can start again. Half of your elix could be wasted before the party is together again and runs would take much longer to restart.

Snakespeare
05-21-2011, 08:20 AM
The cool thing is, a lot of people didn't know about Ellie. When they see this notice, then visit Ellie, they will be shock at how low her prices are.