PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.2 Content Update (59462)

asommers
05-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Reserve your characters' names in 'Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles' and you will receive a special bonus vanity item!

This item (the "HardLight Shield for Intrepid Space Explorers") will be retroactively granted to characters who have already reserved their name.
Tap Reserve Blackstar Name on the avatar screen for more details!

Gluttony
05-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Nicely played...

http://api.ning.com/files/kkVLuSytNHX2sPSRUAEXesIg3mbYTtDQU9hJA2afhCa6mXDg51 RqIoOxWXFTeKHwdBJBl4egLOvf0iWbopZKtXd68YhuM2bA/1097290i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

Ebalere
05-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Could i get a link to a pic? I dont wanna buy if it looks silly. I heard it looks like a clear umbrella

Arterra
05-20-2011, 04:02 PM
you forced even me, the one who hates to spend ludicrous amounts, to get one. (reservation)

tricky little devils, playing on our item collecting OCD like that lol

Tvis
05-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Could i get a link to a pic? I dont wanna buy if it looks silly. I heard it looks like a clear umbrella

Yeah, I'd like to see what it looks like too. Will someone post a pic please?

Lesrider
05-20-2011, 04:06 PM
you forced even me, the one who hates to spend ludicrous amounts, to get one. (reservation)

tricky little devils, playing on our item collecting OCD like that lol

Not me. Would take a lot more than that to get me to drop 50 plat just like that.

Arterra
05-20-2011, 04:06 PM
if red says no thx, then I'll take down

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/2103e76c.jpg

Wrap
05-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Sigh...If only I didn't have a thing for collecting items xD

Kossi
05-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Ugh .............

Whirlzap
05-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Man you guys are smart...yet I admire your celeverness:)

neko
05-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Is it stashable? i.e. swap amongst alts? My guess is no...

Samhayne
05-20-2011, 07:00 PM

No, it is intended for the character that has their name reserved.

csb
05-20-2011, 10:14 PM

I tried. It says, "Item cannot be stashed".

Cuz the shield, i reserved another name. Man... way to nickel and dime me. Gha....

NeoQueen
05-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Willpower people! It's in there somewhere...

I can see the devs back at HQ rubbing their hands together, laughing the evil laugh, with smiles of glee.

Well played, well played.

Lesrider
05-21-2011, 03:58 AM
Willpower people! It's in there somewhere...

I can see the devs back at HQ rubbing their hands together, laughing the evil laugh, with smiles of glee.

Well played, well played.

Lol this whole thing has me cracking up. So many people were like "50 plat? No way!" Now they bought one for every character. STS really knows their customers. I didn't think anyone would fall for another vanity shield, but look, they did.

NeoQueen
05-21-2011, 05:41 AM
Lol this whole thing has me cracking up. So many people were like "50 plat? No way!" Now they bought one for every character. STS really knows their customers. I didn't think anyone would fall for another vanity shield, but look, they did.

What's that bird? The one that likes to collect all things, especially shiny things...yes! The Magpie! People are just like Magpies.

Slush
05-21-2011, 05:47 AM

Haha, ikr. I can't believe how many people are walking around with these shields.

Lesrider
05-21-2011, 08:28 AM
What's that bird? The one that likes to collect all things, especially shiny things...yes! The Magpie! People are just like Magpies.

It really is genius. They didn't even have to create a new item -- just pulled it from B* and voila! Everyone buys. I can totally see vanity items going up in price now. Next holiday will have them at 50p, since obviously people will pay.

Riccits
05-21-2011, 08:37 AM
It really is genius. They didn't even have to create a new item -- just pulled it from B* and voila! Everyone buys. I can totally see vanity items going up in price now. Next holiday will have them at 50p, since obviously people will pay.

yep very smart move from sts ;) every time they need a money boost just make a new vanity and ppl will buy... its the MUST HAVE what pushes ppl

adwin
05-21-2011, 09:27 AM
On a side note, even though we're at 1.7.2.1, some fundamental issues still haven't been fixed.
Sure, people get used to it, but then, it really gives PL that "B-category" feel.

1: aim hijacking by objects/enemies (even when they're no longer in range)
2: most importantly, enemy hit/range.
Imagine being 3/4 of a screen away from roach, and even though he's hitting you with physical attacks, he still magically manages to hit you.
This applies to EVERY enemy in the game. Not only that, but also the fact that you can be facing away from the enemy, and he still hits you (I'm still writing about physical attacks, not aoe).

These issues have already been brought up a few times, but nothing has been done to fix this.

Snakespeare
05-21-2011, 12:15 PM
yep very smart move from sts ;) every time they need a money boost just make a new vanity and ppl will buy... its the MUST HAVE what pushes ppl

But, put this idea in context. It's all about context. Everything you NEED to play is free. Everything you'd LIKE TO HAVE is plat. How cool is that?

You don't NEED to reserve your name. You just have to be attentive and DL the game the minute it's released, and you can probably get an even better name than the one you have. But fear, and nothing but fear, is driving people to beg to reserve their names. It's like a run on the banks. It's like Y2K. People believe fears before they look closer to find out what something really is. And when you can't look closer, you only have your fears, and then people act like their fears are real. But it's not. We'll all get our names. But if you really want to alleviate that fear, spend the plat. Otherwise, cope with fears (put on the big boy pants) like you do every day, and make a plan to snag your name on day 1.

MoarPewPew
05-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Reserve your characters' names in 'Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles' and you will receive a special bonus vanity item!

This item (the "HardLight Shield for Intrepid Space Explorers") will be retroactively granted to characters who have already reserved their name.
Tap Reserve Blackstar Name on the avatar screen for more details!

Wow this was totally unexpected!!! Thanks so much for the shield!! It looks great on my bird.