PDA

View Full Version : Dear Spacetime Studios

Imsofancy
10-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Hello, yes its me, and before you roll ur eyes just listen (or read for that matter) what I have to say.

The tutorial for this game is severely lacking in my opinion. When you play the game, there are several key points that the tutorial fails to cover.

Pots: Im kinda tired of watching randoms in my party get hit to 40%, run around without potting, die, re spawn at start, and repeat. If you could cover this in a new tutorial that would be nice.

Teleportation: I think it should be made clear to all the beginners of the game, you don't need a teleportation circle to get around, you just need to go to map.

Class differentiation: I think that when someone is first building their character, there should be much better descriptions of what different classes do what, currently they just describe the personalities. Example: "I use sneaky attacks to kill my enemies" is not a real good description of what a rogue does exactly, maybe stating, "Im a warrior, I dont do much damage but I sure can take it! Pick me if you like supporting your friends"

Where to loot what items and how: I think the most confusing aspect for new rogues and mage's in this game is where to get ranged weapons, I always see mages and rogues asking "where do I get a bow/gun?!?!?" I think maybe a NPC in windmoore telling new players what they can loot from locks would be great.

Just me talking

Cheers

Ihateppl

P.S. Feel free to add more suggestions down below, how ever, pls dont suggest "More Tatas" we must save the ones we already have.

#TurnTheForumsPink

Caabatric
10-18-2015, 07:36 PM
i agree

I use sneaky to attacks to get past 11 chars

Ebezaanec
10-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Yes, there should be a more in depth tutorial. There are so many auto-lvlers that have no clue about basic principles in the game.

Unless a player has been well-versed in other STG games, AL is sometimes a bit too much to sift through for the casual mobile player (the ones that praise Candy Crush and Flappy Bird at least).

Zuorsyra
10-19-2015, 02:10 AM
Yes I agree with you.

Dex Scene
10-19-2015, 02:58 AM
Nicely said. I know players who are around 20-30 levels yet don't know what is auction and how does it work. Some players don't know boss reset if you make them chase you way back of their zone. There are so many stuffs like this.
Like what Op said, try to implement better tutorials in next client update

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Vvildfire
10-19-2015, 07:08 AM
This is a great idea! I was so lost when I first started, this being my first (and only) MMORPG. Maybe I still am lost to some degree x)
Other MMORPG's are even more complex, the upgrading system here at least is a bit simpler!

zauilet
10-19-2015, 07:24 AM
Hello, yes its me, and before you roll ur eyes just listen (or read for that matter) what I have to say.

The tutorial for this game is severely lacking in my opinion. When you play the game, there are several key points that the tutorial fails to cover.

Pots: Im kinda tired of watching randoms in my party get hit to 40%, run around without potting, die, re spawn at start, and repeat. If you could cover this in a new tutorial that would be nice.

Teleportation: I think it should be made clear to all the beginners of the game, you don't need a teleportation circle to get around, you just need to go to map.

Class differentiation: I think that when someone is first building their character, there should be much better descriptions of what different classes do what, currently they just describe the personalities. Example: "I use sneaky attacks to kill my enemies" is not a real good description of what a rogue does exactly, maybe stating, "Im a warrior, I dont do much damage but I sure can take it! Pick me if you like supporting your friends"

Where to loot what items and how: I think the most confusing aspect for new rogues and mage's in this game is where to get ranged weapons, I always see mages and rogues asking "where do I get a bow/gun?!?!?" I think maybe a NPC in windmoore telling new players what they can loot from locks would be great.

Just me talking

Cheers

Ihateppl

P.S. Feel free to add more suggestions down below, how ever, pls dont suggest "More Tatas" we must save the ones we already have.

#TurnTheForumsPink

Totally agreed with u and the point of more description bout each class also a very good point
Nice job :)

Dalmony
10-19-2015, 07:42 AM
Very true!

A more in depth description of what each class does at class selection would be great. Some bullet points such as:

Rogue:

-High damage and critical hit potential
-Moderate HP and Armor
-Moderate Mana
-Uses bows and daggers
-Great in 1v1 and taking down bosses.

The tutorial could also use an overhaul to include things like stash and CS, as well as map movement so you are right there too.

Great suggestion :)

nelson131
10-19-2015, 09:03 AM
Yesss! +1 to less nubs :P

mesalin
10-19-2015, 12:03 PM
Agreed. There should be something Like that :) more information, descriptions... It will help new players to learn more about game and how to play. +1 :D

<Forgiveness>

Xdumbx
10-19-2015, 01:37 PM
They should make the intro a lot more interesting. A lot of people start the game, and 10 seconds later when they see the intro, they quit.

Imsofancy
10-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Imagine if there was a example play at the beginning of the tutorial. You get to play as a maxed character for 1 boss fight and get to experience extreme stats, then you start your journey as a naked lv 41 fellow.